test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Takedown Video Submissions!

124»

Comments

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I haven't had time to watch all the submissions, so yup, extended until at least tomorrow. :D

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    tgsmoothtgsmooth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @strumslinger , Mine was the only video how did you not have time to watch one video? That should make me the winner for "this weeks" contest by default shouldn't it? I don't think extending this is very fair, I went by the rules....so not going to lie pretty disappointed your bending the rules and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a loyal gamer over because you didn't have 15 minutes to watch ONE video.
  • Options
    grizzlylegend94grizzlylegend94 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @tgsmooth said:
    > strumslinger , Mine was the only video how did you not have time to watch one video? That should make me the winner for "this weeks" contest by default shouldn't it? I don't think extending this is very fair, I went by the rules....so not going to lie pretty disappointed your bending the rules and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a loyal gamer over because you didn't have 15 minutes to watch ONE video.

I Highly Believe that you are forgetting about the many other entries from the previous weeks, they are all still considered since they said you never had to resubmit. I understand your frustration, but consider this, it is a contest, the final week at that, and in order to go out with a bang, as well as include everyone and their videos equally, they extended the deadline by a day, Many of us did see this coming as it is the finalo contest week and an immense amount of people put a lot of time into this contest.
    No disrespect at all TG Smooth, just stating the facts to better benefit all of us players within this community.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • Options
    > @strumslinger said:
    > I haven't had time to watch all the submissions, so yup, extended until at least tomorrow. :D

I cannot express how grateful I truly am that No matter how much the internet and YouTube would not cooperate with me trying to make the deadline, that Tymoras luck shines through in the Form of one StrumSlinger and his great community. I also imagine that there is a great deal of past videos to review once again, and that also saved my skin.
    I spent over 40 hours in the editing, processing and uploading parts of my video, and it means a great deal to me that it wasn`t all for nothing. THANKS AGAIN!!
    AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • Options
    If this was the case and all other videos counted that means they would have three of my videos that could win, or three chances to win if they pick one of those videos, why would they allow this. The way I read and understood there would be a winner for "that: week, and you would either have to resubmit your entry or make a new one to win for that week. I could be jumping the gun on this but they should have made that clearer then. But again three different videos , would mean 3 chances why would they let one person have more of a chance if they picked entries from all prior weeks, that makes no sense?
  • Options
    #TiamatTakedown Contest Submission
    ``Always Shoot for the Moon, If you Miss at least You will Land at the Moonstone Mask``
    With Tymora`s Luck here is my Final Submission for the #TiamatTakedown contest!!
    I spent an immense amount of effort and time on this to almost get shut out by the deadline (youtube would not cooperate for me). SO with that being said I really Hope you all Enjoy my Project!!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
    ``Often Autumn`` @ GrizzlyLegend94
    Underground-uprising@Hotmail.com

youtu.be/jcZplGB263s
  • Options
    @grizzlylegend94 , Also why make a weekly deadline if all prior videos count as well?
  • Options
    @tgsmooth , Weekly Deadline for others to submit a first, or for us to Submit a more creative, More dedicated project. It is also a contest so there has to be some sort of a deadline. The previous videos never needed to be resubmitted so they always made the deadline, its for new or different entries. They felt and tried stating earlier on that all current submissions stand however if you wish to change your entry to a more creative one, then you would have to resubmit and the resubmission would take over the prior videos. I do agree that it would have been extremely beneficial to all of us players if they had been Strictly Clear on their rules, regulations and guidelines. Unfortunately we had to work with the info they provided, sorry if you got mixed up in all of this I understand how confusing it could be at times.
  • Options
    Strum wrote: You don't have to submit a new one, but if you'd like to be more creative with one, then by all means. :D

This does not in no way say you don't have to resubmit for that week. And the way I'm still taking the information in, you would have to resubmit the video for that week but you could submit your old one and it would still count or you could make it more creative. So still unfair, because I made the deadline, and if their were others they would agree how much they had to bust their balls to edit their videos to make the dead line, just to find out that they could have had more time to edit and make it even better. That's my point and also to add to my confusion, Week one winner was picked from the Week 1 videos, Week 2 winner was picked from the week 2 videos.......

I wish they would have answered my prior post and cleared the air a bit on how the contest worked.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I apologize if I wasn't clear, but my original intention was to keep all videos in the running each week. That being said, I have been choosing new submissions the past two times I've done this, so I don't see why I shouldn't continue doing so.
    As a note, I also get submissions through social media. It was very clearly stated that Twitter submissions were being accepted in addition to forum submissions. So, even though you were the only one to submit through the forums, there were others that needed to be looked at. If I didn't look at them, then that truly wouldn't be fair, am I correct?

• Options
    I> @strumslinger said:
    > I apologize if I wasn't clear, but my original intention was to keep all videos in the running each week. That being said, I have been choosing new submissions the past two times I've done this, so I don't see why I shouldn't continue doing so.
    > As a note, I also get submissions through social media. It was very clearly stated that Twitter submissions were being accepted in addition to forum submissions. So, even though you were the only one to submit through the forums, there were others that needed to be looked at. If I didn't look at them, then that truly wouldn't be fair, am I correct?

Agreed, thanks for clearing this up for everyone, I did my best to explain to the community lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I apologize for my frustrations then, and I stand corrected. To prevent any confusion next time can you explain more in detail about the contest so we don't get any mix up's. I did not know about posting on twitter either, so once again I apologize for that as well. Thanks you for a timely response and clearing the air for us though :).
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Good luck everyone! Trust me when I say, you're gunna love the mount. If for nothing else than to be one of only 4 on the entire Xbox server that has one (4 cause strum has one too) making it truly unique (at least, until the Nightmare lockboxes show up, unless they never do... *glares at Strum*)
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    Good luck everyone! Trust me when I say, you're gunna love the mount. If for nothing else than to be one of only 4 on the entire Xbox server that has one (4 cause strum has one too) making it truly unique (at least, until the Nightmare lockboxes show up, unless they never do... *glares at Strum*)

so now you're stuck between 2 options..
    1. You can have the lockbox release and more people can get the mount and not be left out.
    2. have it not release and be one of a few, thus making you all special.
  • Options
    They could and should drop many of the other lockboxes that have been on pc way before the Nightmare Lockbox. And if you try to follow their pattern or at least an educated guess based on what is within each lockbox as well as what when in the series they were released. Seems like with Mod 1-4, and 6 hitting Xbox within a couple weeks will push that Nightmare Lockbox long under the carpet. My educated guess. Plus I do personally feel that it is only fair for the winners to have the exclusivity of being the Only 3 Non-Moderator Players who have it for an extensive amount of time. Although they have been very elusive and very tricky in how they have been releasing them, and with Neverwinter Xbox it seems to full of a million surprise that PC does not have, such as the Green Rank 1 Belials Portal Stone and the Green Rank 1 Token of Chromatic Storm. Keep up the great work keeping us die hard players on our toes! Loving it.
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They could and should drop many of the other lockboxes that have been on pc way before the Nightmare Lockbox. And if you try to follow their pattern or at least an educated guess based on what is within each lockbox as well as what when in the series they were released. Seems like with Mod 1-4, and 6 hitting Xbox within a couple weeks will push that Nightmare Lockbox long under the carpet. My educated guess. Plus I do personally feel that it is only fair for the winners to have the exclusivity of being the Only 3 Non-Moderator Players who have it for an extensive amount of time. Although they have been very elusive and very tricky in how they have been releasing them, and with Neverwinter Xbox it seems to full of a million surprise that PC does not have, such as the Green Rank 1 Belials Portal Stone and the Green Rank 1 Token of Chromatic Storm. Keep up the great work keeping us die hard players on our toes! Loving it.

Following your route next boxes are Feywild, Dark Forest, Rusted Iron, Frozen Crystal, Magnificent Emporium(cant wait for this), Black Earth, Eternal Flame, Crushing Wave.

Also releasing the Nightmare lockbox would be a kick in the balls for all who won the contest.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lockbox

edit: grammar
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    so now you're stuck between 2 options..
    1. You can have the lockbox release and more people can get the mount and not be left out.
    2. have it not release and be one of a few, thus making you all special.

Option 2 pls :smiley:

• Options
    > @nem3sls said:

>
    > Following your route next boxes are Feywild, Dark Forest, Rusted Iron, Frozen Crystal, Magnificent Emporium(cant wait for this), Black Earth, Eternal Flame, Crushing Wave.
    >
    > Also releasing the Nightmare lockbox would be a kick in the balls for all who won the contest.
    >

Oh of course, exactly what I had meant, they Have to start at Feywild with Mods 1-4 and 6 dropping shortly, my most educated Guess. Ive been keeping up with PC with quite some time before Xbox version was announced. So bring on the beautiful boxes I cannot wait to stock up on. Cmon Owlbear, Sylvan Stag and Tensers Floating Disk (my Personal Favourite especially for Wizards and Warlocks).
  • Options
    I just want kessel's sphere of annihilation :)
  • Options
    tgsmooth wrote: »
    I just want kessel's sphere of annihilation :)
    Same. Oh also, the laughing skull companion is somewhat awesome
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT

• Options
    swordofvirginityswordofvirginity Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I would have to agree that the entire box is worth dying for haha. Still no forge hammer of Gond on Xbox, possibly another Gond event Next Year? Would be wicked.
  • Options
    swordofvirginityswordofvirginity Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Anyone else feel like they are dying from the anticipation and the wait for this weeks winner to be announced? Or even for Strum to announce that they are at least reviewing? Haha hard to be patient when we have no idea around when it will be announced this time.
  • Options
    I looked over all the videos and the winner is tgsmooth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cCiwpcUuqA

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I looked over all the videos and the winner is tgsmooth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cCiwpcUuqA

Congrats tgsmooth *thumbsup* :smile: have fun with this awesome mount/title/vanguard pack sweetness!

We need to make a group picture for news site, @mrtehpuppy @strumslinger @tgsmooth

Edit: group pic
    The Legendary Outlaws

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT

• Options
    not being Cruel but other than the simple added Summer Festival Fun and being an "Elite" player, I personally fail to see how this video stands above the rest. Any clarification would be great.
    Also as I'm naturally curious by the lack of views on mine, did @strumslinger get to watch my submission? since i was not able to directly post the video to the page, you had to manually go through and go to the Video via link paste. I only wish to make sure mine had been viewed.
    Not going to lie it honestly seems like if you are not an "Elite" player (meaning having spent an extensive amount of money and time on this game), then you have next to no chance at winning any of these contests. Coincidence that all the winners were "Elite" players?
    I only wish to get clarification on this, Why the final decision (naturally Curious as I'm sure many others are), as well as making sure that my video had been reviewed since it was not directly posted.
  • Options
    > @strumslinger said:
    > I looked over all the videos and the winner is tgsmooth!

Either way @tgsmooth Congrats man. Clearly they felt you deserved it so enjoy being one the lucky players to ride such an incredible mount. I tried my damn hardest and still no success.

@strumslinger . It will take one heck of a prize in the next bounty for me to even consider entering as I feel that I have next to no chance, as well as most of all, I wanted the Mystic to complete my collection, Even used the twilight in my vid. Keep up the incredible prizes and I will continue to enter my Incredible videos in hopes of winning. Hard to see another prize worth it for me in my opinion. The insane amount of time, effort and dedication it took for me to create one video, will have to be worth the prize like this contest was.

Well either way guys congrats @mrtehpuppy @nem3sls @tgsmooth . Clearly you guys deserved it or you wouldnt have it right..

""Always Shoot for the Moon. If you Miss at Least you will Land at the Moonstone Mask!""
    "Often Autumn" @ GrizzlyLegend94
  • Options
    @nem3sls , I agree a group picture would be awesome!!!
  • Options
    @grizzlylegend94 , yes that is a kind of insulting.....to me. You mid as well say you think your video was better and should of won. Just be happy they do contests and you have a chance to participate and maybe win some cool stuff.
  • Options
    Take it how you want man, regardless you won so be happy. All I said was that i personally fail to see, how your video takes the cake. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the video and it was very nicely done. However I had seen many other incredible videos that seemed to dominate the entire point of the contest, and other than being "Elite" , I failed to see how your video compared to all of the other projects based solely on this competition. And quite honestly the chances seem low to all of us non "Elite" players, its quite obvious that the best way to promote their game and a contest is to consider to "Elites" more because Neverwinter will gain more publicity that way. Common business practice.
    All I seek is as to why the choice, at this point I could care less about the mount and contests.
    The first two wins were very obvious as to why, the third not so much. I am naturally curious.
    You won so don't take offence to my curiosity as to why the choice, Regardless of players opinions, the mods felt that you deserved it so you got it, if you take offence to what im saying then that is your choice.
  • Options
    Not going to lie it honestly seems like if you are not an "Elite" player (meaning having spent an extensive amount of money and time on this game), then you have next to no chance at winning any of these contests. Coincidence that all the winners were "Elite" players?

Per your definition, I am NOT an "Elite" player

This discussion has been closed.