test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Takedown Video Submissions!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We've put a bounty on Tiamat's heads and are calling all Xbox adventurers to prove to us that she has been taken down! What's in it for you? A chance at a Heavy Mystic Nightmare and Vanguard Packs for you and your friends! Learn more: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9476453

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Xbox' Game DVR only records up to 5 minutes. Without an external gaming recorder we would have to record several clips and put them together, the end result would include several cuts.
    What about the in game language of the video? Are only English entries valid?
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Changed the blog rules to reflect some of your questions. Thanks for bringing them up!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    williamreedywilliamreedy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Question time. Is this the official forum thread where videos are supposed to go?
  • Options
    minicorgiminicorgi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    kuero21 wrote: »
    Xbox' Game DVR only records up to 5 minutes. Without an external gaming recorder we would have to record several clips and put them together, the end result would include several cuts.
    What about the in game language of the video? Are only English entries valid?

Then use Twitch. The post said Twitch is allowed. Xbox is compatible with Twitch streaming. If not, external gaming recorder is your only other option.
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Question time. Is this the official forum thread where videos are supposed to go?

i want to know this too. good question
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yes, put your submissions here!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Gonna make a nice video including several cuts with upload studio, summing up around 20mins, showing every phase and stuff. hopefully this counts.

thanks and good luck to all of ya.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    gonna live stream it sometime today (7/28th)
  • Options
    yeahimcurtisyeahimcurtis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    One question how do I post it here, it says I have to stay around a little longer to post links? I have my submission ready .
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlusRQQmN3o

This is my video submission for #TiamatTakedown for the contest. If you like what you see, you know what to do :)

EDIT: Unfortunate slip of the tongue at 3:50. I sincerely apologize for the language.
    Post edited by williamreedy on
  • Options
    lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Changed the blog rules to reflect some of your questions. Thanks for bringing them up!
    Can we get clarification please. The blog states;
    "The video must be at least 5 minutes long and show Tiamat being defeated."
    and
    "We’re calling for all adventurers to submit a video – from beginning to end - of them vanquishing Tiamat"

Which is it? Or are you expecting us to defeat Tiamat in 5 mins?! B)

Thanks!
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • Options
    lordrahlly wrote: »
    Can we get clarification please. The blog states;
    "The video must be at least 5 minutes long and show Tiamat being defeated."
    and
    "We’re calling for all adventurers to submit a video – from beginning to end - of them vanquishing Tiamat"

Which is it? Or are you expecting us to defeat Tiamat in 5 mins?! B)

Thanks!

Oh snap, I didn't even realize that. I think that because the edit to the OP was to bring up the fact that it must be at least 5 minutes long, the portion about it must be from beginning to end is no longer a requirement. I would like to know, though.

• Options
    sairaiakkisairaiakki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    #TiamatTakedown Almost got her on the second wave! Need a faster mount to get to Tiamat faster xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopvygQBSjw
  • Options
    sairaiakki wrote: »
    #TiamatTakedown Almost got her on the second wave! Need a faster mount to get to Tiamat faster xD

Awesome video! Got my like and view. Could I ask if CoI is better in RB than RoE? I will be testing it out on my own, I would like some player feedback from someone who is using the setup. Would it be too much to ask what capture equipment you used, since I only used the in-game DVR to capture and upload?
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Here is my submission for the #TiamatTakedown event, finally :) took some hours but its worth every second to get a chance on this uber sweet horse(fingers crossed).

I hope you like the video, have fun guys.

Good luck to all!
    YouTube video here:
    http://youtu.be/WsZMTWSvD9Y

Original upload video here:
    http://xboxclips.com/Nem3Sis+AUT/321562ee-e3a9-4c2f-8e68-0bf76f97510f

Post edited by nem3sls on
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    sairaiakkisairaiakki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    sairaiakki wrote: »

Awesome video! Got my like and view. Could I ask if CoI is better in RB than RoE? I will be testing it out on my own, I would like some player feedback from someone who is using the setup. Would it be too much to ask what capture equipment you used, since I only used the in-game DVR to capture and upload?

I like to use CoI in RB for stacking chill on multiple targets which will boost my dps against those targets. When i run PvE I never use RoE unless it is for a boss and usually my RB for single targets is Ice Rays. I use RoE mostly for PvP but that is what works for me. As for the capture card that I use, it is the HD PVR 2. I have had it for while, works fairly well. Used it mostly for Halo content.

• Options
    #TiamatTakedown here is the past broadcast of my stream. i forgot i started about 10 minutes before the raid lol
    i got bored and started narrating like how i imagine a DM would. well enjoy
    https://youtu.be/_7rAdmOZzNI
  • Options
    tgsmoothtgsmooth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    #TiamatTakedown, this is the 74th time I got to beat Tiamat, people underestimate the power of a SW but I hope to let people know they are a really good class. On all but a few occasions I have placed 1st in gold bracket. Enjoy the video!

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/a72d36b7-f8ad-4a44-b2bf-add428662d59?gamerTag=TG Smooth&scid=8dd60100-6cc0-42f2-bb3e-c47b184a79f5
  • Options
    @strumslinger or @kreatyve , will the 5 minute video clips from xbox dvr record work, with out streaming capabilities this is all the casual gamers have. This will not show from start to finish but it should count right? (I hope so)?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    tgsmooth wrote: »
    @strumslinger or @kreatyve , will the 5 minute video clips from xbox dvr record work, with out streaming capabilities this is all the casual gamers have. This will not show from start to finish but it should count right? (I hope so)?

I think as long as it shows the end where you defeat Tiamat? Andy would be the one to ask.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    tgsmooth wrote: »

what's keeping you from streaming? you can stream right from the console, straight to twitch. you can then export your past broadcast to youtube. at least, that's what i did
  • Options

I like to use CoI in RB for stacking chill on multiple targets which will boost my dps against those targets. When i run PvE I never use RoE unless it is for a boss and usually my RB for single targets is Ice Rays. I use RoE mostly for PvP but that is what works for me. As for the capture card that I use, it is the HD PVR 2. I have had it for while, works fairly well. Used it mostly for Halo content.

[/quote]

Thanks very much for the info. I will look into the suggested change.

• Options
    kyleundefinedkyleundefined Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Here is my #TiamatTakedown submission, not a very creative person, so enjoy the raw video.

www.twitch.tv/kyle_undefined/v/9025011 (Can't hyperlink, since this is my first post, sorry)

So this is my 53rd win on Tiamat, 40 on another character (My off hand just would not drop and I refused to buy it, finally dropped on #40) and the 13th on this one (Received my off hand on the 6th win -.-). Excuse the screen distortion, as this was my first time using Twitch and wanted to make sure it was working.

I really enjoy this fight, as it's always different when going in. Can't wait to get my other characters to the proper GS and run them through. Just have to get 50 more favors on my main for the last boon, time to get grinding!
  • Options
    perfecteagle0perfecteagle0 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Here's my contest entry for the August 3rd drawing. #TiamatTakedown

• Options
    nnennaannennaa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Here's my submission! Sorry for the poor audio quality, I couldn't figure out how to lower the game volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5aIqZuZ7zU
  • Options
    saskgodfathersaskgodfather Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    #TIAMATTAKEDOWN Submission -- What Tanks Should Do In Tiamat --
    How To Solo Side Clerics
    -Elite Gaming Veterans-

This is perfect video showing how the adds during clerics do not have to die, but simply need to be away from clerics. Also shows timing of Lanterns and Into the Fray being used for damage and speed boosts. Anyone not knowing mechanics of the fight please watch this!!

For those with lower gear score, using push backs, stuns, and control abilities to keep mobs from getting to clerics can be more effective then trying to damage them. When attacking Tiamat's Heads, use your Lantern when there is not one active ( the head glows when someone uses lantern).If you have other group/damage buffs use on when the group is on the head as well, if you have group run speed encounters, use them when running from head to head to maximize dps.

If you see a tank kiting adds away from clerics, do not kill them, just let him kite and help elsewhere. Killing them just causes them to respawn and retarget cleric. This is why people strugle on clerics. If you do not have the dps to kill them faster than they spawn, and you are unable to keep them away from the cleric, you will struggle to fill the bars.

Hopefully this video helps make Tiamat easier for those who don't quite understand the fight

www.twitter.com/Godfather0420/status/626879235399901184 (too new for direct link)

Tank notes:

Threatening Rush gains aggro on mobs when they spawn in before they can target and charge the cleric
    Using Fighter's Recovery followed by Enforced Threat will replenish a large amount of HP
    Continually shield bashing will help maintain/gain Stamina
    As the mobs will blink behind you, rotating keeps them from attacking you from the rear
    If an add dies, watch for re-spawn and be ready to taunt.

Use Knights Valor during breath if you can take the hits, turn it off after breath to decrease lag
    Hit Into the Fray when you the the dragon head glow. As many people forget to use their Lantern, you will notice I shout it out, then try to time my Into The Fray with the Lantern.

Behemoth@Godfather0420
  • Options
    #TIAMATTAKEDOWN Submission -- What Tanks Should Do In Tiamat --
    How To Solo Side Clerics
    -Elite Gaming Veterans-

This is perfect video showing how the adds during clerics do not have to die, but simply need to be away from clerics. Also shows timing of Lanterns and Into the Fray being used for damage and speed boosts. Anyone not knowing mechanics of the fight please watch this!!

For those with lower gear score, using push backs, stuns, and control abilities to keep mobs from getting to clerics can be more effective then trying to damage them. When attacking Tiamat's Heads, use your Lantern when there is not one active ( the head glows when someone uses lantern).If you have other group/damage buffs use on when the group is on the head as well, if you have group run speed encounters, use them when running from head to head to maximize dps.

If you see a tank kiting adds away from clerics, do not kill them, just let him kite and help elsewhere. Killing them just causes them to respawn and retarget cleric. This is why people strugle on clerics. If you do not have the dps to kill them faster than they spawn, and you are unable to keep them away from the cleric, you will struggle to fill the bars.

Hopefully this video helps make Tiamat easier for those who don't quite understand the fight

www.twitter.com/Godfather0420/status/626879235399901184 (too new for direct link)

Tank notes:

Threatening Rush gains aggro on mobs when they spawn in before they can target and charge the cleric
    Using Fighter's Recovery followed by Enforced Threat will replenish a large amount of HP
    Continually shield bashing will help maintain/gain Stamina
    As the mobs will blink behind you, rotating keeps them from attacking you from the rear
    If an add dies, watch for re-spawn and be ready to taunt.

Use Knights Valor during breath if you can take the hits, turn it off after breath to decrease lag
    Hit Into the Fray when you the the dragon head glow. As many people forget to use their Lantern, you will notice I shout it out, then try to time my Into The Fray with the Lantern.

Behemoth@Godfather0420

Your video made me seriously laugh at how absurdly easy it is for a GF to handle a node. You honestly made my day infinitely better. Thank you, and I honestly hope you win the mount for this week, and you are competing against me for it.

• Options
    i hope everyone wins the mount lol (i know that's never happening, just trying to show how much i want others to have it including myself)
  • Options
    Not to many posted links surprisingly it would be awesome if they gave everyone who did post a mount for even participating. I've told everyone in my guild to try and post a video but they haven't yet. Regardless really enjoyed all of the videos so far.
  • Options
    luigipr31luigipr31 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    #TiamatTakedown Well I doubt I win (mine is 3 min short) but it is something that is happening.
    I started with the "Xbox record that" and it only saved the last 30 seconds. For next week Ill do the 5 min.
    In those 3 min I show TIamat being defeated 3 times. Two from black to white and one from white to black. Hope you enjoy and Thanks

https://youtu.be/tvCDAGKcz6o
    #TiamatTakedown
This discussion has been closed.