test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    > @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > Hey all, names josh, been playing NW for about 3 or 4 years now. Got my OP into tomb of the nine gods, did it religiously and got the primal gear, then i started playing my Scourge Warlock, which is just a bit lower item level (as if that ever mattered) and i wanted to play it as DPS but with the current state of the game thats impossible without a huge investment, i am in the SW discord and have played my SW for about 3 years, i've respecced it over 10 times, have 6 loadouts even, and i've ran every possible path combo. Damnation is great until you're fighting lvl 73 elite mobs and the damage from the puppet (assuming it lives long for over 3 seconds) is pathetic, and without it you have NOTHING but your measely heroic feats. I actually enjoy playing it and think i am decent at it, but nobody wants a Damn (lol) warlock in endgame content because the puppet does nothing for the party and besides being a low damage "dps" class without fury capstone Creeping Death you are useless. You get one feat which "heals" allies....that may have been nice 9 mods ago but we dont need healing at this point, at least not weak heals that won't proc primal response...or anything.
    >
    > Temptation can't even take advantage of any of the healing boons from campaigns because i guess their heals aren't healing spells? Also they can't queue as healer so they get queued as dps but aren't. Just like Damnation they have nothing to compete with creeping death. And the low base weapon damage compared to other strikers is just a wall. An awesome warlock at 10k is gonna do less than half the damage of a halfass great weapon fighter of the same IL with similar gear.
    >
    > I've paid actual $ into this game to play my Warlock as DPS, it's dissapointing i can't get what i paid for.
    >
    > anyway hope you guys will take a deeper look into balancing the Scourge Warlock.
    >
    > Dunno what you're on about. I mean, they're not that great as DPS, but they're nowhere near that bad as you claim it is.
    > I know a SW that can pretty much match GWFs and GFs and stuff in TONG in terms of DPS. I know a few, actually, but whatever.

Except that what you refer to is SW with you know what bug outperforming GWF's and GF's that don't know what they are doing, if they know how to play their class, even if the SW does "that", it will get outperformed, you either are not aware of that or conveniently left it out of your comment when replying to Josh.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

> @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:

> Hey all, names josh, been playing NW for about 3 or 4 years now. Got my OP into tomb of the nine gods, did it religiously and got the primal gear, then i started playing my Scourge Warlock, which is just a bit lower item level (as if that ever mattered) and i wanted to play it as DPS but with the current state of the game thats impossible without a huge investment, i am in the SW discord and have played my SW for about 3 years, i've respecced it over 10 times, have 6 loadouts even, and i've ran every possible path combo. Damnation is great until you're fighting lvl 73 elite mobs and the damage from the puppet (assuming it lives long for over 3 seconds) is pathetic, and without it you have NOTHING but your measely heroic feats. I actually enjoy playing it and think i am decent at it, but nobody wants a Damn (lol) warlock in endgame content because the puppet does nothing for the party and besides being a low damage "dps" class without fury capstone Creeping Death you are useless. You get one feat which "heals" allies....that may have been nice 9 mods ago but we dont need healing at this point, at least not weak heals that won't proc primal response...or anything.

>

> Temptation can't even take advantage of any of the healing boons from campaigns because i guess their heals aren't healing spells? Also they can't queue as healer so they get queued as dps but aren't. Just like Damnation they have nothing to compete with creeping death. And the low base weapon damage compared to other strikers is just a wall. An awesome warlock at 10k is gonna do less than half the damage of a halfass great weapon fighter of the same IL with similar gear.

>

> I've paid actual $ into this game to play my Warlock as DPS, it's dissapointing i can't get what i paid for.

>

> anyway hope you guys will take a deeper look into balancing the Scourge Warlock.

>

> Dunno what you're on about. I mean, they're not that great as DPS, but they're nowhere near that bad as you claim it is.

> I know a SW that can pretty much match GWFs and GFs and stuff in TONG in terms of DPS. I know a few, actually, but whatever.

Except that what you refer to is SW with you know what bug outperforming GWF's and GF's that don't know what they are doing, if they know how to play their class, even if the SW does "that", it will get outperformed, you either are not aware of that or conveniently left it out of your comment when replying to Josh.

I know about the bug (BoH was it?) that gives 500% efficiency. And a competent SW, f.e. the ones I run with don't need it to be main DPS in TONG (most of them actually despise that bug). If you compare best SW around to best GWF, sure GWFs will outperform the SW. And that's the thing, I never said SWs were better than any, and here I quote:
    "I mean, they're not that great as DPS, but they're nowhere near that bad as you claim it is."
    " SW that can pretty much match GWFs and GFs and stuff in TONG in terms of DPS. I know a few, actually, but whatever."

I never said that SW > GF DPS, I never said SW is a top-tier DPS, I just said that some SWs I know can easily match or exceed a LOT of GFs and GWFs I know (and I know a lot, ever since I made an OP lol).
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @gromovnipljesak#8234

To begin with, every single video showing/bragging about SW dps in T9G (I haven't seen any from Craddle yet) relies on that bug, that by itself speaks volumes as of what the state of the class is, that endgame players have to rely on that one bug that works in t9g/craddle to deal damage. In regards of that exploit, many don't even know they are doing it even if the "despise" it (as shown by every single video) and others do it intentionally.

Sure, SW is in a better spot compared to itself pre-mod 13 but it still is the weakest damage dealer due to specific issues that anyone who has played the class long enough know what they are and, as mod 13 didn't address them, SW still is bottom dps.

I don't see what your point is, I too can out dps conqueror GF's, GWF's and any other striker for that matter but, that happens because they don't know what they are doing so that does in no way mean that our dps spec is in a good spot, it means the non SW's who got outperformed are awful/mediocre/undergeared, that's easily proven as the moment someone who knows his class shows up, there's no little to no chance keep up with what usually is massive burst damage or superior dot damage. So, endgame SW's outperforming bad players from other classes doesn't mean warlock is in a good spot dps-wise.

What I can gather from your comment, with all due respect, is that those GF's/GWF's you know need to tweak their builds and/or ask good ones to teach them rotations etc, besides, the SW's you know may most likely be exploiting that bug.
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    My characters have the Lostmauth Artifact set and the Owlbear Cub companion just so I can be garanteed to get that extra hit in regardless of whether I Crit or not. The problem?

I don't see that second hit. I mean, I don't see anything... neither in the status bar as a temporary buff nor as a secondary attack animation.

What I would like to see is something visual added to the game to show that extra hit when the Lostmauth Artifact set is equipped and/or the Owlbear Cub companion is active. Nothing fancy - just a visual confirmation.
    It has a visual confirmation, the log and the screen being covered in massive numbers.
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    That's it?

"Massive numbers""?

Even a Spellstorm Mage gets an extra lightning bolt animation in whenever he crits with Storm Spell slotted.

A cry rises on the battlefield: "Beware Multiplicitor, the Calculating! He'll hit you with big numbers! Then, you'll be sorry!"

xD

That's it?

"Massive numbers""?

Even a Spellstorm Mage gets an extra lightning bolt animation in whenever he crits with Storm Spell slotted.

A cry rises on the battlefield: "Beware Multiplicitor, the Calculating! He'll hit you with big numbers! Then, you'll be sorry!"

xD

That's why you have the log. You can even make it save the entire log, so you can open it with ACT later.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

It has a visual confirmation, the log and the screen being covered in massive numbers.

Well, if you are lucky - both Lostmouth set and Owlbear companion have problem to trigger on some powers while you use most of the weapon enchants.
  • darojostef#1456 darojostef Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2018
    Sorry to have to use this thread, but even a week after my account creation on this forum I still can't start a thread but only reply.
    Current issues with NW:
    1. The game get boring fast, when you want to try a new character you have to go thru all the same quests again time after time. Create several starting places with different quests paths. Doesn't matter if they join up when higher level, bu the first 20 lvls or so would be more fun when you are leveling in different zones.

2. Good idea to have all levels play in dungeons so that all players are the same level, but when you start it's not fun. There are always high level players that run to the end and all you can do is loot. Make the dungeons more equal for the players so you really need to fight to get to the end.

3. That is also my next point. You level to fast. Before you are finished in a zone you are already at the level where you only get XP from the quests but not the kills. Also it's to easy go thru the zones. Real fun starts at lvl 70 when you can enter harder zones for your level.

4. Support is the worse thing. My main account got banned 2 weeks ago. Never received a email or anything to tell me why. Also used the contact form to politely ask why I was banned. Still didn't receive any answer. This is the killer for me. No more NW. I'm glad this happened just before I wanted to buy VIP.

5. Almost forgot: PvP isn't fun till higher levels. Before lvl 70 you can wait in the que for hours but never get into one.

Have fun while it lasts.
    Greets,
    Ron
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    on second point (2) i think it would be great to join similar ITEM LEVELED, or gear leveled, players together, with relative difficulty, in the random dungeons. The skirmishes, trials, and epics i'm ok with the IL diversity. This would then make it reasonable for lower IL players to play a random dungeon, and speed runners to run together. I think IL 1-6000: lowest difficulty, 6000- 9000: moderate difficulty, 9000-12000: hard difficulty, 12000-18000: epic difficulty. Basically you can take the mob difficulties of Sharandar (lowest), dread ring (moderate), SOMI (hard), chult (epic), as reference points for the dungeon difficulty measures. And while your at it, revise the kick timer down to 5 min.
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    dusty991 said:

...I have a 75% chance to combine adamant sand into a adamant bloom, But I have Just finished my 6th fail in a row. If I succeed on my next try, that will be 1 completion in 7 tries, so how is that 75%. Did someone skip math class?

Yes, someone skipped "how probabilities work" class.

10PM CST

• mondragon#6050 mondragon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Good job on game masters answering my queries. I would just suggest to have a specific item that could revert a transmuted item to its original form. Thank you
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

dusty991 said:

...I have a 75% chance to combine adamant sand into a adamant bloom, But I have Just finished my 6th fail in a row. If I succeed on my next try, that will be 1 completion in 7 tries, so how is that 75%. Did someone skip math class?

Yeah, but RNG has been ridiculously broken for a while, my longer term research puts my success rate well outside the 99% confidence interval, and many people are reporting runs like this since one of the patches. I've given up mastercrafting till it's fixed.
  • zaphod#0929 zaphod Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have loads of games I have played, but very few of them onliners, so one thing that bugs me is the lax security.
    Can we please make the game launcher actually save the username and password in the secure vault? I'm not saying the platform is not secure, to not encourage strong passwords that cannot be typed in quickly lowers the bar, and is not going to encourage people to use long and strong passwords.

Or do I not understand this security thing in the MMO context? On my home PC, why do I want to type in my password or even in a less secure setting shoulder surfing is made so much easier when a user has to open multiple doors to get to where they want and when each "door" has a different key. I'm pretty sure I have it wrong, please tell me I don't.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

dusty991 said:

Yeah, but RNG has been ridiculously broken for a while, my longer term research puts my success rate well outside the 99% confidence interval, and many people are reporting runs like this since one of the patches. I've given up mastercrafting till it's fixed.
    Yes theres been a few posts/rumours about increased broken RNG - I had a 25 run fail on a 10% chance upgrade the other day. YES thats a low number for stat purposes. But really a 75% chance should feel like a 75% chance.

Up till the last month or so the rng felt good again after a bad period previously.

On a 75% success chance a fail should be unusual, i.e. certainly not the norm.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Fix the loadout bug.
    Fix the loadout bug.
    Fix the loadout bug.
    [mod note: removed excess spam]
    Post edited by zebular on
  • thedidact#4123 thedidact Member Posts: 1 Arc User

-Make endgame PVP restricted to Item-level, I mean 6K-8K IL have a unique queue, 8K-10K IL too, and so on. So u dont have to grind for 7 months until u get to 16K IL then start your PVP campain.
    If you agree leave an "agree" react.
  • akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Identical Items - Stacking problem:

There is a problem with identical items not stacking, for instance in my personal inventory I have two Azure Enchantments, Rank 8 (0/15,000 to upgrade) that are "bound to account". During the Protector's Jubilee I received an award of a single Azure Enchantment, Rank 8 (0/15,000 to upgrade) also "bound to account" but they do not stack.

UPDATED...

Nevermind -

Upon closer inspection the stacked Rank 8 Azure enchantments are:
    • 12% XP bonus, "level 32" with 250 CRIT pt 250 DEF
    The Rank 8 Azure enchantment awarded during the Jubilee is:
    • 13% XP bonus, "level 39" with 300 CRIT snf 300 DEF...
    But both "Rank 8 Azure Enchantments (0/15,000 to upgrade)... curious

Mea Culpa ~
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Event items are normally coded differently, so there is little way that they could stack. Is it frustrating, yes, but it has been this way since the game launched, so you get accustomed to it after awhile.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Summer promotion, purchase 1,000 zen ($10 USD) and get 4 lockbox keys...

Purchase 2,000 zen (as there is no option for purchassing $25 or 2,500 of Zen on ARC charge page)- and get 4 lockbox keys...

Something's rotten in Denmark Neverwinter
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • mrtriptylmrtriptyl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Constant crashes in Stronghold today. Even crashed after a fresh install, so that's not the issue. This all started today, was playing fine last night. Now it crashes only in the SH map resulting in corrupted data seems like, hence the reinstall this morning. Anyone else having this problem?
    mfw people complaining about their rng meanwhile my azure 12 > 13 took me 203 pres wards and then a coal ward from a buddy that had mercy
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    My top issue with this game is that they need to hire more Devs. to work on this game. They do that and most other issues will take care of them self .
    hawkeyel said:

My top issue with this game is that they need to hire more Devs. to work on this game. They do that and most other issues will take care of them self .

and i assume you can find a handful of devs to work for free?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Okay, since Soshenstar River is not top of the line go-to zone anymore I believe it would be advisable to make it possible to get the lures more often.

The thing is, I'm a seasoned hunter and a strong advocate for Hunt idea in the game. I've completed Hunts in both Soshenstar and Omu both alone and with guildies as well as random friendly people.
    It appears that the very start of the module was the best time to farm, otherwise all drop rates go crazy.

Only today I've spent at least three hours hunting Batiri. I'm very patient man and I've killed at least 100 of batiri brave with the icon. They do not spawn often even with the red-glowing Batiri. So you can only imagine how many Batiri's I've killed in the process only to be greeted with one solitary Batiri Amulet?

Please, for the sake of all of us who like hunts, make it possible to at least exchange Batiri Prism's into obtainable Batiri Amulets so that the hard work is actually paid off. Even if the ratio is 100 prism's > 1 batiri amulet, it's fine. I'm telling you this as a seasoned hunter, the drop rates were never this low and bad as far as I remember them.

The drop rates are horrible even in Omu. Only the first week of my hunts was possible to get the gear. Now? I've killed around 50 white bears, god knows how many other things, not a single lure component.

However, the focus is on Batiri as it appears to me that despite their overwhelming numbers, which is on-par with the Undead hunts in the vicinity of the camp, they do not appear as much nor drop lure components as much. Something is amiss.

As I stated before, a possibility to exchange batiri prism for batiri amulet would be splendid. Please consider it's implementation in the game since some of us would like to have items for the sake of the fashion.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

hawkeyel said:

Perhaps they should consider an internship. If they really are looking for free labor. This would allow them to develope more people into this field and give the current crew some much needed help. Being work experience is a very diffficult thing for new people to get it would be a win for them both. So lets do try and avoid HAMSTER/u/me on anything.
    hawkeyel said:

hawkeyel said:

Perhaps they should consider an internship. If they really are looking for free labor. This would allow them to develope more people into this field and give the current crew some much needed help. Being work experience is a very diffficult thing for new people to get it would be a win for them both. So lets do try and avoid HAMSTER/u/me on anything.
    and risk the interns cocking something up? as someone who is a developer (frontend, however its mostly a hobby lately, rather than a vocation), i asked around, when i was looking for a job. people require experience for a reason mate. because if you get an intern, you also need a supervisor for everything the intern is doing, which ends up reducing the amount of manpower you have.
  • welfare#8180 welfare Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Let me start off by saying i am a firmly stand by the statement that IL does not dictate your skill level. That being said, i play a 15k OP and i constantly find myself in random advanced Q's with People / team compositions that are unable to get the job done. If someone is not able to Q for a certain dungeon they should not be allowed to Q into it via random advanced Q. Time and time again i find myself at the start of FBI with people who don't even have the required everfrost resistance to join the instance in the first place. So i am left with a few choices, Plug away at it for 15 minutes and HOPE people vote yes to abandon instance, Hope someone leaves and takes the 30 minute cooldown so i can leave without getting one or decline every single random advance Q that does not say it is 0/10 members (for Edemo / Sva ). Matchmaking in the random advance q is a nightmare. 95% of the time i click accept on a 0/5 Q it ends up being 30 minutes of trying and then it is abandoned or someone quits. MSP, FBI and MSVA belong in the same category as ToNg and CodG in my opinion if you are going to put them into random Qs. It is nearly impossible to get my random dailies done without fishing for 0/10 Q's or building the perfect team from my alliance chat. Another example i have not done Cloaked Ascendancy campaign yet i can randomly Q into master spell plague. Its not bad since i am almost 16k but for the other people in there its difficult and forces stronger people to have to carry them just to abandon instance anyways.
This discussion has been closed.