Install Arc
Options

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    dusty991 said:

Crafting system is badly broken...
    The crafting system in neverwinter is the best I've seen in an MMO yet. Except that it is broken, Badly. with all purple assets and a mythic "Hammer of Gond" my masterwork recipes say I have a 75% chance to combine adamant sand into a adamant bloom, But I have Just finished my 6th fail in a row. If I succeed on my next try, that will be 1 completion in 7 tries, so how is that 75%. Did someone skip math class?

Don't forget each die roll is independent of the previous rolls so five fails does not mean you have a better chance on the sixth roll. Itis still 75/25.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    try an experiment, with dice. Get a 8 sided die (if they make them) and say that the lowest and highest number are fails, then roll 20 times and average the results, you most likely will not get 75%. Statistics say that the greater the number of 'rolls' the closer to the chance value you will get.

however this does beg the question on how they do thier RNG. if you do program it by my experiment then you will have a better chance than doing a random number of 1 to 100 and anything above 75 works.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    ESO's boss fight events has a rule, that you need to hit 3-4 times to be eligable, or otherwise chest loots are sealed regardless with keys or not if you dont make a hit.
    yeah, Kao, i agreed. most dont like leechers unless lead by leader want to help upgrading new members in guilds, should have a golden rule, and that RNG really doesnt make sense if any players not made a hit and gets Horn of Lostmunth while some players tried for weeks/months to get it.
    it is OUTRAGEOUS!
    In ESO, any players not made a hit on boses, chests get sealed and unavailable to access, except for those who made hits or killing blows are open to them.
  • Options
    the time scale on the kick is way off. should be like 30 sec to a minute. And yes the leechers should not get any rewards, including the completion rewards like rAD and seals. I've ran dungeons where the lowest guy/gal follows me to the end, does some strikes and gets the reward because he wasn't leeching, he just wasn't strong enough to compete in that random. thats ok to me, he's moving and active.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User

the time scale on the kick is way off. should be like 30 sec to a minute. And yes the leechers should not get any rewards, including the completion rewards like rAD and seals. I've ran dungeons where the lowest guy/gal follows me to the end, does some strikes and gets the reward because he wasn't leeching, he just wasn't strong enough to compete in that random. thats ok to me, he's moving and active.

So how does any regular player know another player is trying to scam or "leech" content and not just having connectivity problems, lag or something else beyond their control going on?

People keep saying they want to "kick leechers" or make it so "leechers don't get rewarded", but realistically can anyone honestly say they have a foolproof method of identifying leeches instead of going with what they think another player should be wearing, moving or doing in a dungeon/skirmish run?

I truly believe the current system is inconvenient to some - but fair to most.

We all know higher level, more experienced players can make it through much of the random dungeon content very quickly, but has anyone ever tried to run some of those dungeons with a new character that is level appropriate for that dungeon, no boons or other artificial enhancements, stopping to look at drops to see if they are a higher level or better class than the ones a player is currently wearing or to open chests for goods they as a new or lower level character might actually need to play the game? I have and that tends to put things into a whole new perspective - like approximately how long it actually takes a lower level, inexperienced or new player to traverse any given content who are there for something other than just the AD's.

Today I was in the Pirate King's dungeon with a new first time player and she actually ask why everyone seemed to be ignoring the chests and drops... I told her that it was because some of the higher level players, (like the one that was running ahead of us) didn't think the contents of those chests were worth the trouble of opening them. Her response was "Not even to sell them to buy healing potions and stuff?"

I tend to think too many players believe that since the only thing that matters to them is the AD payout at the end, every other player should think the way. Some don't even bother to consider those runs from anyone else's perspective and since they can solo the content they do and they just assume everyone else can take care of themselves. But saying that I don't think it is maliciously inconsiderate on their part, they are just focused on what they want - which happens to be only the AD and they run the dungeon as they think appropriate for that end result.

Just something to consider.

• Options
    edited March 2018

One of my top issues is players who don't do ANYTHING (i.e. not speaking about the just as annoying disconnects) in randoms. If someone does ZERO (0) damage in a random skirmish or dungeon, they simply should not be allowed to get any of the rewards. Just today, I had the rare Dread Legion as random skirmish (yay! Because for ONE WEEK I always got ToDG!). But as this is over quickly, we were not able to kick the leecher who only moved to the chest once the fight was over... Didn't react to our questions - only waited, did zero damage but got all the rewards. Something really needs to happen.

I think someone previously brought up the issue of lower level players being put in the random queue with higher level speed runners as a rebuttal to the 'players who do ZERO damage not allowed any reward'...

I've been in a few dungeons with OP players who ran ahead and the only thing I got to do was follow along and pick up the trash they left behind, so to speak.

The only time I was ever able to go on the offensive was at the final boss battle where the gate was sealed until all party members were assembled. Yeah I believe I had zero kills and did no damage because the players who ran ahead pretty much cleared out every mob before I even got there.

That "zero" didn't mean I wasn't moving or I wasn't participating, it just meant there were two players ahead of me that left nothing behind and that's why I don't believe the "zero damage" would be a good guideline for evaluating if a player is participating or not.

Just my two cents -
  • Options
    Chidion, i would classify a leecher as someone who won't participate in the lvl and let the others do all the work for the purpose of gaining the rewards with no effort, and often waste others time by traveling the distance after the boss has been reached. As i stated there are some who travel along side or behind the more experienced players, and i don't classify them as leechers. Also i wouldn't kick anyone whose lvl is near the minimum needed to do the lvl. For me, and others i've played with, its the people that wait at the start point for the rest to complete the dungeon/skirmish/trial that i consider leechers. These often show "0" on the damage dealt page, and do make an effort to help. I have no problems if a lvl 40 DC travels with my group doing no damage but remaining just behind us, allowing us to clear the way so that we all reach the boss together.
  • Options
    I get that @athena#9205 and tend to agree those who attempt to intentionally scam the content, "leechers" if you will are a disreputable lot, but the question remains how do any of us as just regular players know another player is not participating intentionally or because of some kind of glitch or malfunction not of their own making?

I suppose you've noticed not everyone enters the random queue at the same time, with some players taking longer just to connect even though their avatar appears on the screen. For me if their character appears and the name bar is above their head, that usually means they are fully connected to the content. I also know that sometimes after a player has connected they may lose connection at sometime during the run, I have a friend who plays with a satellite connection and this happens to him when the weather is bad.

I would love to be 100% sure when someone is attempting to scam the game and other players so they can be kicked out, but unfortunately I don’t have that ability and personally I’d much rather let a few scammers get a pass (as distasteful as I may find it) than take the chance of kicking one player with legitimate connection problems from a dungeon or skirmish, so long as it doesn’t actually effect the ability to complete the content, but maybe that’s just me.
  • Options

they need a better connection if that's the case. they should not be rewarded for content they aren't helping with. I'd rather be able to kick them if they're having problems. if they can't load into a game within a couple minutes then they are going to be causing incredible lag for everyone else anyway most likely. leechers are somethign I will not tolerate personally. I'll quit out if I can't kick. I don't qualify someone who is trying to help as leeching. if someone is undergeared but at least trying (bless their heart) I have no problem with that. it's people who expect you to do everything while they eat a sammich that tick me off.

I don't believe one player experiencing lag causes other party members to also experience lag.

I previously mentioned the friend I play with who uses a satellite internet connection, even though we live just a short distance from each other I don't experience the same lag and connectivity issues he does when we're playing because my internet connection is fiber.

You say you will not to put up with leechers, that of course is your choice but again as far as I know none of us has a 100% foolproof method of being able to tell if someone is intentionally leeching, or if there is something beyond their control going on, so for me as I said I'd rather give a leech a pass than take the chance of kicking out a legitimate player with issues as long as those issues don't disrupt the game for everyone else, kind of like ‘presumed innocent until proven guilty’ - that's my choice.

It appears some of what you may be talking about is people going away from the keyboard (AFK) during game play with your reference to them eating a sandwich and not participating, that’s actually an entirely different matter.

Players who appear to remain connected yet seem to be intentionally avoiding mobs letting other party members deal with them as they just try to skate through to get the AD’s at the end, yeah they need to be kicked as far as I’m concerned and fortunately there is a mechanism to do just that after a period of time, but then I’m not going to let their inconsiderate play style ruin my own gaming experience either.

I’ll still run the dungeon the way I’m supposed to and vote to kick them out if I have an opportunity but I won’t leave, because chances are either another player will take my place (or not) and the AFK’er will still get the reward I would have received while I end up empty handed having to start over again in a new dungeon. That’s not punishing them, it’s punishing me if I leave a dungeon because I’m upset at how another player is playing, especially considering the “leaver penalty” for players who intentionally leave in the middle of a dungeon run.

But then we all have our own methods of dealing with issues and situations we consider intolerable.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    ugg just had a leecher. 15 min wait on them couldn't kick. then when i did my other guy was AFK and wouldn't vote. so when my vote time ended i couldn't vote again for 4 hours. couldn't kick leecher couldn't kick afk could only abandon the dungeon after wasting 16 min of my time and effort.

PLEASE FIX THIS THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make the vote time 5 min not 15 that will solve it
    Post edited by athena#9205 on
  • Options
    selastionselastion Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Our group had one today, a level 67 GWF with level 10- gear, first he stood by the assembly point and didn't move until the second mob (which is OK some people are slow to connect), so the other party member and I began chatting as neither of us were in a rush. Eventually the GWF caught up to us and engaged the 3rd mob so we followed him and took out the mob quickly, we all traveled as a group until the next mob when the GWF stopped short of engaging them so the other party member and I turned around and went to stand next to him.

Eventually he started to move and so did we as we engaged that mob the GWF did his speed thing and ran through so we followed him bringing most of the mob with us - just for good measure the other party member went to engage the next mob and brought them back too... what fun.

We kept going on like this all the way through the Gray Wolf Den until we all reached the boss gate, where when the GWF decided to just stand at the gate, so did we. When he finely decided to move to engage the boss, so did we. Whenever he tried to run away to a quiet corner and let us finish the encounter we engaged trash mobs instead of the boss and brought them to him....

Yes, it took a little bit more time but instead of kicking out a leech I found that exacting just a tiny bit of revenge for their attempt at scamming us was much more fun. :D:D:D
  • Options
    If you are in a dungeon with the suggested completion time of 15 minutes, why would they have the kick out timer set for 5 minutes? That just makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    because you know when somebody is DCd and won't be coming back and some dungeons can be done in 5 minutes like CT. Also if your in Throne for instance do you want to wait 15 minutes at the start before entering into combat? 5 minutes is reasonable 15 isn't.

Another solution possibility: DCd players don't count towards the Boss gate entry requirements. So this means that when we run those quick dungeons we don't have to wait 10 more min to kick the DCd member before facing the boss. Also will allow Skirmishes to start right away instead of waiting 15 minutes.
    Post edited by athena#9205 on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    How can anyone know when a player disconnects they won't be coming back? Other players can assume a disconnected player isn't coming back or they can know a disconnected player hasn't returned by the time the rest of the party makes it to the dungeon boss, but as far as I know no one but the disconnected player knows they if they will or won't be coming back at all with any certainty.

I personally think any disconnected player should be automatically kicked if the other party members arrive at the boss and they are disconnected, not have the players to decide to kick someone out of a dungeon as we already know some players, my character as well, have been kicked out just because they weren't fast enough.

On another note, my party had an experience with a “leech” yesterday and I rather enjoyed it, let me explain…

We queued into the Gray Wolf Den, myself a Cleric, a Control Wizard and a Great Weapons Fighter. The CW and I took off to engage the first mob while the GWF stood at the entrance, not a problem sometimes it takes some people longer to connect.

The CW and I engaged and finished the second mob and still the GWF hadn’t moved so since neither of us were in that much of a hurry, the CW and I chatted a bit and I inspected the GWF… Character level 67 with level 10 (or lower) gear…

Instead of letting what appeared to us to be a scammer ruin our day or being frustrated because we couldn't kick him out, I sent the CW a tell and said we should go stand next to the GWF so he doesn’t get lonely and we did and chatted some more about the GWF’s gear, the fact that they hadn’t moved even though they appeared to be fully logged in etc.

The GWF finally started moving and did we as well, the three of us engaged and defeated the third mob, we all crossed the bridge and defeated the storm caller and the CW and I took off up the stairs. We noticed the GWF was holding back at the bottom of the stairs so after engaging the mob at the top of the stairs, we brought the mob with us and joined him at the bottom of the stairs – for good measure the CW went up to engage the next mob at the door way and brought them back also, we had a fine battle the three of us, what fun!

Anyway we all departed for the next mob and after the CW and I engaged the mob the GWF put on his speed thing and ran ahead to a safe point, so we followed him bringing the mob with us.

This went on all the way through the dungeon, the GWF trying to avoid mobs and the CW and I, not wanting the GWF to miss out on anything kept bringing the mobs to him, I just made sure everyone was properly buffed and healed when needed, eventually we all arrived at the final boss battle gate.

After we engaged the boss we noticed the GWF was still standing by the gate and not wanting him to miss out on any of the fun, we again brought the battle to him. Whenever he tried to disengage and find a quiet corner we’d once again bring the battle to the GWF. He seemed familiar with the dungeon because he always seemed to evade the powerful boss strikes before they hit.

Eventually the three of us defeated the boss and we all left with our treasure and smiles on our faces… well at least the CW and I had smiles on our faces.

Some people are saying they want to kick out players like the GWF in our dungeon… but from my experience being able to have just a little fun at their expense is a lot sweeter. :p
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I know I'm not the only player out there with no intention of ever joining a guild. I pass plenty of guildless 70s with high iL every day. I get that the developers want everyone in a guild, but for some of us, it's just not going to happen. We have less than zero interest.

So how about a little love for all your lifelong ronin?

Doesn't have to be some special boon or tag (OHMARGAWDGOAWAY!!!! comes to mind) - though those would be nice. What I think most of us would really like more than anything is a way to block other players from spamming us with guild invites. I've had to get used to playing with the guild invite covering part of the screen because a large number of them can't seem to take no for an answer. If you decline, they just send the invite again and again and again. Every other day I seem to attract a new stalker who follows me all over the map vomiting invites until I'm finally able to escape by changing instances.

Better yet - could you make it so that any player who spams another player with multiple invites within a set period of time is teleported instantly to that room in the Illusionist's Gambit where they'll have to run the gauntlet in order to get back to their game?
  • Options
    metatrom#0664 metatrom Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2018
    You have to do something with the Pvp on the Pc ! I'm the three days trying to play Pvp ''Started to play three days '' But I'm lvl 56 , and I coudn't play any match Pvp ! I'm playing 24 hours a day and whenever I opened the arena I'd let in queue but never think starting !
  • Options
    damianwayne00damianwayne00 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    > @"athena#9205" said:
    > ugg just had a leecher. 15 min wait on them couldn't kick. then when i did my other guy was AFK and wouldn't vote. so when my vote time ended i couldn't vote again for 4 hours. couldn't kick leecher couldn't kick afk could only abandon the dungeon after wasting 16 min of my time and effort.
    >
    > PLEASE FIX THIS THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > make the vote time 5 min not 15 that will solve it

Honestly even 5 minutes is way too long. I was in a random dungeon queue the other day, and as soon as it started, one of the players had disconnected, but stayed in the queue and was never replaced. We couldn’t boot him, because “not enough time” had gone by for a vote, and we couldn’t start the dungeon, because not all 5 members were present. So we all just sat there for 10 minutes trying to boot the player who was OFFLINE until finally we got sick of it and all quit. One of the stupidest experiences I’ve ever had in this game, and DEFINITELY something that could, and should, be fixed.
  • Options
    @metatrom#0664 About PVP, I share the same opinion as a lot of other people I regularly game with, since some players have become so over powered and PVP's lost any semblance to anything resembling a team effort, very few of the people I know have any interest whatsoever in queuing for PVP just to act as fodder while more powerful characters with silly high item level gear scores duke it out.

> @athena#9205 said:

> ugg just had a leecher. 15 min wait on them couldn't kick. then when i did my other guy was AFK and wouldn't vote. so when my vote time ended i couldn't vote again for 4 hours. couldn't kick leecher couldn't kick afk could only abandon the dungeon after wasting 16 min of my time and effort.

>

> PLEASE FIX THIS THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

> make the vote time 5 min not 15 that will solve it

Honestly even 5 minutes is way too long. I was in a random dungeon queue the other day, and as soon as it started, one of the players had disconnected, but stayed in the queue and was never replaced. We couldn’t boot him, because “not enough time” had gone by for a vote, and we couldn’t start the dungeon, because not all 5 members were present. So we all just sat there for 10 minutes trying to boot the player who was OFFLINE until finally we got sick of it and all quit. One of the stupidest experiences I’ve ever had in this game, and DEFINITELY something that could, and should, be fixed.

I still think having a shorter timer on the player kick option will be abused - because it has been abused in the past and I believe it will be again if the developers decrease the kick timer. That’s probably why it is the way it is presently and probably why the developers won’t change it.

By the way a standard dungeon queue is for 3 players, not “5”…

If we're talking specifically about disconnected players (I presume that’s what you meant when you said a player was “offline”), I think there should be some kind of in game programmed response to automatically remove any player disconnected for a period of time - say 2 minutes - and that player should be required to re-queue for a different group and a different dungeon as they would be blocked from reentering the same content they just left.

That way the problem with disconnected players will be resolved and it would preclude any player(s) inclined to abuse the kick timer, say by kicking out a slower player who is still within the “suggested play time” for any given content from doing so.
  • Options
    So i came up with an easy fix. At those boss gates which are at the end of dungeons and begining of trials and skirmishes, make it so that any DCd toon doesn't count towards entry requirements. Also when a dung/skirm/trial is done if the toon is still DCd make it so that toon doesn't get rewards.

That should solve every problem but leechers who stay at the begining and don't participate. Easy fix there: When the majority of players have reached a boss gate give it a 1 minute timer to enter. Rewards then will go to any toon that enters the boss area. That will allow non-leechers to enter and kill boss and leechers will be left out and without rewards because they weren't at the boss gate to be allowed in.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I was recently informed by someone who is in a position to know that if a player is disconnected and the other party members finish and exit a dungeon or skirmish, the disconnected player will not be able to re-enter that content to get any kind or reward.

Sounds like one problem solved right there.

Now if you are talking about a player who is instead AFK, waiting for the other party members to complete the content so they can glide in to collect their reward without having to do anything to earn it, I'd suggest you turn in a complaint against that player by going to the GM help screen and reporting them in the "player behavior" tab...

But your suggestion about any player who isn't at the final boss gate within a minute of other party members arriving not being able to get a reward, completely discounts one slower or lower level player in a party with two faster higher level players who just run off and leave a slower player behind.

I know you said that's not something you would do, but I can tell you from my personal experience when I've run one of my slower, low level characters that there are some players who do run off and leave slower players behind... then try to kick them out if they can - or threaten to kick them out if they don't "hurry up".
  • Options
    good point, there needs to be a variable of activity in that situation. since most dungeons a toon activates a campfire on way to boss, you can use that as a variable in the process.
  • Options
    i do have an issue with the DCd not getting a reward if they were in the boss zone in the first place and actively participating. I was playing my HR in valindra and i got DCd. by the time i got back into the game, valindra had died i logged into the blacklake zone where i keep my toons for invoking, i got completion notification but no rewards, and i was highest DPS in that epic. I was very upset about that.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2018

I know I'm not the only player out there with no intention of ever joining a guild. I pass plenty of guildless 70s with high iL every day. I get that the developers want everyone in a guild, but for some of us, it's just not going to happen. We have less than zero interest.

So how about a little love for all your lifelong ronin?

Doesn't have to be some special boon or tag (OHMARGAWDGOAWAY!!!! comes to mind) - though those would be nice. What I think most of us would really like more than anything is a way to block other players from spamming us with guild invites. I've had to get used to playing with the guild invite covering part of the screen because a large number of them can't seem to take no for an answer. If you decline, they just send the invite again and again and again. Every other day I seem to attract a new stalker who follows me all over the map vomiting invites until I'm finally able to escape by changing instances.

Better yet - could you make it so that any player who spams another player with multiple invites within a set period of time is teleported instantly to that room in the Illusionist's Gambit where they'll have to run the gauntlet in order to get back to their game?

No, you are certainly not alone.

Personally, I'd prefer a special boon, but shutting off requests would be nice too. I don't run into blind invites as much as I used to (probably because I spend 95% of my time outside of PE and in later mod areas), but it does get on my nerves when I get one in the heat of battle and think it's a party invite. I'm like "sure, maybe we can share some buffs", but nope, guild invite. Now I gotta explain and leave the guild. I explained the misunderstanding in their guild chat once, probably embarrassed the person. Obviously, creating a dummy guild for all your chars would shut it down, but it's pretty silly to have to resort to those measures.

Advice to people recruiting for a guild: Send someone a Tell first and ask if they would be interested. It's just common decency, and if you get no response or a decline, move on. When someone PMs me about inviting to a guild, I decline very politely and wish them luck. No biggie. When I get blind invites, I get annoyed.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Once again: Admin messages in the chat window - specifically too many lockbox acquisition messages in chat window.

Sometimes it is next to impossible to follow a conversation or catch something of personal interest.

Please add an option to turn off lockbox acquisition messages in the chat window, those notifications already show up on the HUD, having them echoed in the chat window is just shameless overkill as far as I’m concerned.
  • Options
    nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    chidion said:

Once again: Admin messages in the chat window - specifically too many lockbox acquisition messages in chat window.

Sometimes it is next to impossible to follow a conversation or catch something of personal interest.

Please add an option to turn off lockbox acquisition messages in the chat window, those notifications already show up on the HUD, having them echoed in the chat window is just shameless overkill as far as I’m concerned.

I'd like to know why we get those notifications in the first place. Considering how often those lockboxes drop, why do I need to know that "Charlie Lil'hammer aquired a lockbox" both on the HUD and in the chat window. I don't know "Charlie" and I really don't care that he got another lockbox he's probably not gonna open because the cost of those keys is way too high for what you get from them.

Could we maybe cut down on the frequency of those lockbox drops too while we're at it? I've got over 800 of those things in my vault right now and if I were to buy the enchanted keys off the zen marketplace to open each one, that's over $1000. If they were actually selling on the AH, I might actually put them there, but with the drop rates on them almost higher than healing potions, you can barely give them away.

Seriously, while the idea of these lockboxes might be great (actually have picked up a few nice things from them), the frequency of them them and informing the whole zone that someone's acquired one, makes the whole thing less "magical".
  • Options
    edited March 2018

chidion said:

I'd like to know why we get those notifications in the first place. Considering how often those lockboxes drop, why do I need to know that "Charlie Lil'hammer aquired a lockbox" both on the HUD and in the chat window.
    -snip -

I think it is what "special" rewards (with the more common, less "special rewards being ignored) Charlie pulls out of those lockboxes, not simply that someone acquired a lockbox...

As it is just my opinion that those notices are little more than blatant self advertising (since most players I figure don't really care about what has been obtained - or who obtained it) but it is still probably a good cheap marketing tactic to try to encourage some players to get their own keys and open their own lockboxes, but the frequency of those notices (aside from appearing to be a bit misleading) on the HUD and particularly in the chat window is beyond annoying in my opinion...

Now just to be clear if one is to be removed and not the other remove the notices from the chat window - not the HUD - as the HUD display can be moved to a less obtrusive position and the Admin: lockbox notices in the chat window cannot.

• Options
    damianwayne00damianwayne00 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    You’re right, the lockbox notifications are the price we pay for playing a game that is generally free. They’re there to entice others to buy keys and open the boxes. I’m fine with that, but I do agree that appearing in the chat window is overkill and makes it hard to follow chats. Another thing I’d like to see, is please keep it limited to notices of Legendary drops. Adding epic mounts to the notices is just ridiculous. Nobody cares, and nobody is going to buy a key because they saw someone get a purple reward. The self-advertising is fine and a necessary evil in keeping the servers running and content coming out, but please realize there is a point where it becomes counter-productive. I know friends who stopped playing literally because of the onslaught of lockbox messages that they could not get rid of nor change.
  • Options
    ash234ash234 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    My biggest problem is with hunts in both chult and omu. here's what i have a problem with:

I spent 5 hours last weekend farming the spiders and the yuan-ti for them to spawn their respective hunt monsters (MindWhisperer and the Red Recluse) but it happened more than 3 times when someone who had just walked in at a random time, found the hunt monster and killed it, leaving me with nothing and I had to go around and keep killing things again just for a chance for them to spawn another monster.

There was also an instance when another person (it was a GF who was a much higher total item level than me) just followed me around the Thayans camp while i was trying to farm the magebreaker for its trophy drop. this GF didn't attack a thing, not a single thing! but he did manage to kill a large portion of the spawned magebreakers even before I could get there.

Do you see where I'm going with this? This sort of behavior encourages people to mooch off others and the one doing the hardwork gets nothing in return.

I would suggest putting some sort of check on this that recognizes who did the hardwork to spawn that hunt monster rather than who actually killed it.

maybe make the hunt monsters a personalized spawn. like you go around killing a bunch of mobs, if a hunt monster spawns it should only be visible to the one who caused that rather than to everyone.

or perhaps add a damage counter limited to a specific area of the map. eg. total damage done to monsters in the thayan camp in omu. whoever exceeds that specific damage threshold in the past 5-10mins gets to kill the hunt monster and whoever doesnt, they dont be able to attack it.

I really don't know how you can work on this, but I would really appreciate a solution to people loading on freelo hunts from people who work hard for them.
This discussion has been closed.