test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you having fun in the game at this point?

Comments

• yodaminionyodaminion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    The fun is gone completely
    I did your nearly 200 quest grind fest through all of mod 6 maps with my ranger. My IL went up 500 pts. from mod 6 release to lvl 70. My HP increased 75% from 60 to 70. I added 4 AC. Now that mod 6 content is done and I go back to old content my character is unplayable. In DR pre mod 6 I could split shot a group of Imps, 1 shot all dead before they even know I'm there. Now I cant beat them at all. Giants one hit me dead. IWD Need for Mead was a daily stop for me like invoking or anything else, now I die twice before the cleric even comes out of the bar to help. I had a full BI set before release, but from 60-70 I only got 3 Unified Elements so now I cant upgrade my forge and even if I could I'm too weak to get the Black Ice I need to get new Black Ice gear. Your pitiful attempt to balance the critters shows you either have zero math skills, or zero ability to logical deduce a predictable outcome. If you lower the dmg produced by 20% but add HP you have done nothing. If the extra HP gives the bad guys 5 extra hits per encounter they are producing the exact same amount of damage as before you did anything, if it gives them 6 or more extra hits they are now doing more damage per encounter than before the adjustment. This is not balancing at all. If mod 7 does not seriously improve the game (I wont hold my breath) I quit. I'll take my time and money somewhere else.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    Tackling level 70+ mobs while using level 60 gear can do that.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    If you had read his comments you'd see he had level 70 (115) gear by the statement my HP increased 75% from 60 to 70 and he's right reducing damage by 25% but giving mobs 50% more HP doesn't really make things easier. Hopefully however you'll be able to gain a daily in time to take them down before they land the 2nd critical hit. I've also found while most (smaller mobs) are manageable some of the bigger giants when paired with 2 or 3 others are down right very tough to beat and these aren't a boss. Sure they won't one shot you but if they still take 75% of your HP in some critical strikes your still down 80-85% in no time soon after.

The bigger issue for me is on his other point that despite the drastic HP increase, our potions only offer 1500 more HP over what you got at level 60 (8500) despite some classes having >75% ++ HP at level 70 depending on your gear.
    edited June 2015
    Really? You think anyone in level 70 gear would not be able to beat a group of imps? He's also being 1-hit KO'ed by giants. Assuming he's not going after bugged mobs, that only means he's using bad gear.

AND he's trying to get the "improved" BI gear, which only the uninformed or people with too much BI in their hands actually do.

Finally, even if he had a godly hunter build with 30k HP pre-mod 6, 75% more of that is still just 52.500 HP total - that's lower than anyone using all AH blues (worth less than 1k AD per piece atm).

Just how confident are you that he's using good gear?
    Post edited by tyrtallow on
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Playing, but not a lot of fun
    Not everyone plays an OP... which is funny, since you can run through Dread Ring and Sharandar with level 60+ green quest gear and be just fine.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Game experience is 100% depenedent on 3. things..

1. what gear you run with.
    2. What class you play and
    3. Who you can run with.

If you have limited access to to 1 and 3 and you play also a undergeared hr/sw/tr you will curse your guts out, a 1400 of these classes would find it difficult in certain spots.

As someone who has run through all classes except op(just like lvl 51 atm) through these zones, I find even a 1900-2.2k is harder, but with a cw/gwf.. meh you can blow through all new content easily enough and do all t1s easy as well. So people who plays those classes have no real issue and dont see why others would complain about it.

Regardless.. its not ALL that hard to get to 2k on any one toon and at that point.. pretty much most of the game up to t1s is open to you. Sometimes WoD and IWD are harder on a SW.. my trapper hr can do them at 2k, but its long struggle compared to my gwf/cw toons.

SW could use some revamp and tr could use a adjustment on perma dazing but give more encounter damage.

Since you cant really invest tons of stuff on alts anymore.. I limit myself to around that range.. usually with a lesser armour and a plague fire enchant as weapon one and r6s sometimes some r7s. Some might have a few 8s popping around.. but thats about it.

Frankly, thats still more then a casual or new player would have x 3-4x over though.

edited July 2015
    I guess the thing about new players is that they're playing a very different game (meta-wise). #3 comes a lot more naturally for them than it does for us old players, simply because in their case it's just how things are. From their perspective you do not go around trying to solo IWD/WoD if you're newly 70, it's just not done. Many of them even prefer to run Shara/DR with groups after they're better geared, just because they've grown used to doing it that way.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Looking back on the comments all I see if people having fun because of the interactions there is in a MMO (which is common to any MMO)

No particular compliment on the game design or anything alike.

I went with still play , but mostly not great. I stopped playing not long ago, I just stalk the forums occasionally to see if there's something interesting to see. Or if they release the monk class.

I probably would invoke each character one a day but with the current invocation and non stacking bag rewards and.... well i just dont want to do that either anymore

The dev tracker is gone,

Devs don't listen to feedback they just throw stones in the lake and try whatever, which usually ends up in a big screw up. Nerfing dragons hoard, foundry rewards still suck, Buffing monster HP 50% debuffing damage 25%.. should have been for dungeons and only 25% damage debuff for solo concent. There should still be the old dungeons, there should be two tiers of dungeons, the hard ones like the current versions and the casual normal versions for everyday players

Overflow exp was already taking too long to achieve, now it's just ridiculous, what can I say

We have none of it

I can't help but laugh looking back on how off the devs are with the player base
    Or how I reported files of bug reports about warlocks back in january and have been actively updating and keeping file of these bugs and all the warlock class problems in my cmomplte SW thread over in the class forums. We've had no answer at all. All of the bugs I reported on the feedback thread went on live. ALL of them, no exception. Why do preview? Why even play?

You forgot your game is supposed to be fun
    I'm not impressed
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I put in that I play but mostly not fun, even though that's mostly incorrect.

I still login and do my CTRL-I's and my professions, and talk to my guildies, but that's about it.

The game itself is no fun at all. I have 4 toons at level 70. My SW I parked a long time ago, because it just wasn't fun at all, because the devs designed it so you need to go the puppet path. My Archery HR I parked in Mod 6 after the horrible EE quest chain because it was just unplayable. He has a full level 60 BI set, most enchants are rank 8, ITL of 2.2K or so but can't go anywhere. The level 70 blue set I bought actually dropped my ITL (go figure) and I still get obliterated by mobs. I don't want to play a trapper build. I don't want to play a combat build. I shouldn't have to in order to survive.

My GWF is wearing the level 70 blue gear, has level 7-8 rank enchants, over 2K ITL, but because I don't play the path that the devs expected me to play, I die, frequently, even when grouped, even with 63K hp.

My CW is 1.9K ITL, level 7 enchants, and my newest 70 (also have an OP I just started, due to frustration level having had to park my 4 other toons), but he gets slaughtered as well. And yes, I'm using level 70 gear because I built him just before mod 6 came out and he has only the 1st boon for Sharandar, DR and WoD.

3 toons have 4 artifacts, and aside from my CW,3 of them are Epic (purple). All 4 on my CW are blue.

My wife is in a similar boat with her toons. We both get slaughtered doing any of the end game content. We're not casual players, but we're not 24/7 players nor cash players. Since mod 6 came out we've both been logging in less and less. We both dislike PVP, since it's dominated by cash players and those who've exploited the game.

I take no enjoyment in just running around doing HE after HE. That is tedious in the extreme. It's also not what an MMO is supposed to be. I found the EE content to be so boring I could only stand to do one set of quests over several hours. I also can't stand having to re-do the same quests hour after hour. It got to the point where on many occasions I've come very close to uninstalling the game.

The reasons I haven't are the following:

1) I've invested over a year of my life playing this game
    2) I enjoy talking with my guildies.
    3) I've not yet found another game that isn't just as boring, and slanted towards cash players.
    4) I keep hoping the powers that be will wake up, grow a brain and fix this thing.

Over the last 35 years I've run online RPG games, designed or helped to design 3 different text-only MUDs (predecessor of MMORPG), created vast pencil & paper D&D games (and I'm talking campaigns that will take players from level 1 to 20+ with main quests, side quests, rich NPCs, and more..more than one player said I designed alternate reality for them).

I have said in other posts (that others have deleted) on this forum what is wrong, how it can be fixed, and improvements that could be made to make the game enjoyable by most, and even re-gain some players that it's lost. I'm not going to re-address them here. However, I find it very telling that those posts were deleted. To me, it shows that player feedback and input is not only not listened to, but isn't wanted, and that we are treated very poorly.

That in itself is one of the biggest reasons I've reduced my playing of the game to almost non-existent. I hope that things will turn around for Neverwinter, but based on the past year or so, I know it won't. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I've been fooled once by the staff of Neverwinter, I knew a year ago that this decline would continue, and that it would get worse as it went. I stayed because of the friends I've made, not the game. However, very soon even they won't be enough to keep me here.
  • duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I am really having a lot of fun
    Hello there!

Instead of meowing out any complains I may have, I just tell the course I took and am taking, and still enjoying. Maybe someone reading this might get inspired. And then again I have to admit, I do have some trouble reading posts on the forums, who is it from when harsh critique is voiced. Is it a fastest maxer, a PvP genie, a PvE enthusiast, and so on. So.

I started Dez last year with two hunters, one archer, one melee. Just before module 6 came along, both of them finished Sharandar and Dread Ring boons, and first three or so Dragon boons. The archer was lucky on Simril to be gifted a battle medic. So it was her fate to get on the vigilance tasks. Very very happy when she finally finished, skipping Fiery Pit all together, always being on the edge of dying through fields densely crowded with angry mobs. The melee one then just 2XPd her way to 70, happily skipping all elemental evils, and still needs to do 32 "get tomb of air" hops. She is very busy with alchemy and support anyway.

Meanwhile I got First Buyer'd and spent this and saved AD on rasing to blue artifact weaopns and a purple mount, so my adventurers won't get hit off their mounts every second mob. I actually still prefer the white horses, lookwise and speedwise. Any more AD saved from leadership I spent on character slots. There are 8 characters now, two level 70 hunters, and one of each other class (two level 60, four 30) except for a Guardian.

I happen to not (yet) be gilded, and stopped joining epic skirmishes and dungeons. Normal SoT was just fine, and the jubilee skirmish too. Funny, depending on the party, my hunters are either very very last on the rank tables, or third rank. For epic content, alas, my internet lag is just that tiny bit too high (europe). And hunter's dodge is sharp in time and short in range. So half through final epic boss they always died two times, and watched the final 5 minutes. Not saying, I am watching this too; well I did the first two times. But, finally being of no particular value to the party, I prefer to stay away in first place.

On 2XP I usually try and do quite a bit of questing. So those new chars skipped some maps they might come back to, once they reach 60. I just did that with a 60 warlock, going to Helm's Hold. Instead of fasting around and kill kill (the Icespire Goblins shout!), she could take a good look around the nicely designed map. Her soul puppet though, once raised and not be shou-awayed in any way other than switching maps, is but a real aggro magnet and gets her engaged, when she was just out for a questing picknick.

Now, that is after half a year of being customer. What lies ahead? The hunters need improve. They are item level 1600 and 1800 something, 50-60k HP, all R5 stones, just about to get their fourth artifact, blue AH or Sharandar/Dread Ring equipt. And then maybe someday back to Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons. Right now I am much more curious about how to play the new characters. Getting to level 60 on the cleric and warlock was a real turning point. I'm glad they still have lots of lower level maps to do, so no vigilances if at all possible, except for 48 "tomb of air" hops. Getting the class artifact from Vault of the Nine with a fresh 60 Elemented Evil warlock was quite a challenge!

I'm looking forward to pugging up for dragons, heroic encounters (map events) and campaign lairs now and then, new powers and the many companions to try out, and raising and messing with professions. And enjoying the artistic values, like beautiful maps, fashion and dies, returning to immersing quest paths, and event weeks. And, I am looking forward to finally explore quite some of the foundries.

So, dear reader, a judgement on my behalf at this point is: Enjoying very much!

P.S. Edith came along, unhappy, and corrected some misspellings.
    Post edited by durynte on
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    Really? You think anyone in level 70 gear would not be able to beat a group of imps? He's also being 1-hit KO'ed by giants. Assuming he's not going after bugged mobs, that only means he's using bad gear.

AND he's trying to get the "improved" BI gear, which only the uninformed or people with too much BI in their hands actually do.

Finally, even if he had a godly hunter build with 30k HP pre-mod 6, 75% more of that is still just 52.500 HP total - that's lower than anyone using all AH blues (worth less than 1k AD per piece atm).

Just how confident are you that he's using good gear?

Well guy, in response I can only say, I have 3 artifacts all purple. Neck, Waist, and EE Main hand artifacts blue, Off Hand artifact green, blue pants and shirt from EE content. Blue level 70 BI boots. Blue level 70 wrists slot. Level 60 BI Armor and Head. Enchants all R 6 and 7. I went from 28K HP to 45K and my IL went from 1500+ to 2k. Could I have had better gear before mod 6, sure if I wanted to live on the game or whip out my wallet, but I didn't. Could I have more HP, yep, if I dropped artifacts or lowered my offensive and defensive numbers for more HP by getting rid of my last two BI pieces, but losing stats for HP is not going to make anything easier, I've had 10 levels to learn that. Casual players like me who were on the cusp of getting really good gear before mod 6 but didn't quite get there are being forced out and it will only get worse with mod 7 and it's pvp focus. The most upsetting thing is, I've been casually playing since beta and I've been Stormwarden Archer since HR's came out, and all the people I use to run with have already quit. My first guild dissolved completely, and this new guild is losing elite players with each new module and soon there wont be any of them left either. Why, because the all this grinding is just not any fun, especially when you finally get decent gear and new module comes and makes it all for nothing.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Playing and mostly fun, but could be better
    HR/DC combo running in Thunderhead Reach of Spinward. Literally too 5 minutes to kill a giant. We didn't die, but wow.. 5 minutes.

DC (different)/CW combo just ran through DR. Did the dailies in about 5 minutes.

There is something horribly wrong here. And at just over 1.5k XP per daily in DR, that XP bar is barely moving.

This game has become soul-suckingly boring. The grind is grinding me down. And yes, I'm still here, because I don't have much of a social life.

Ugh.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • ldedric1ldedric1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Playing and mostly fun, but could be better
    Ok so the old 60 maps are harder, DR, Sharandar, IWD, whatever...

Why not do what you should in MMO's : LFG/Zone chat looking for group for dailies run. I have done this for the last 4 days and had a full party together in about 5-7 minuets (Not on peak times either). We did all the dailies in DR and Sharandar in about an hour and a half, reformed for IWD most days as some either don;t know it or don't like it or think it was too hard still did all the IWD stuff in less than an hour as well, so Mod 5 I could solo it all in about an hour, hour and a half with IWD, I personally feel that extra 1/2 hour - hour playing with other "people" to be well worth it.

My BIGGEST complaint is the lack of content. Any items worth getting only drop in t1 dungeons if the map is not lagged out like MC, and you get 40 protector seals "once" a day making T2 dungeons just that thing you do once a day for the seals.

Here is a solution for fixing the content. The Foundry.

Offer a 10,000 zen competition. (x4)
    Your not loosing any money, or actually paying anyone any real money because it is Zen not greenbacks, euro's or whatever, you get around the pay issue because it is a competition with a "prize" not pay.

Now we have 4 brand new level 70 zones, each of which can/could/should have a Daily Dungeon. Winner(s) get's their Foundry dungeon added to the map added to the dungeon & skirmish que permanently. The only thing you have to do is decide what the end chest should be, and what players need to do to unlock any special chest at the end ie make a key that takes 19 dang hours to make.

Now you have 4 brand new content areas, that they players want, and have voted on to be the best one for each area, boom, you put a big dent in the we don't listen to our players, and players have new content they can play and get useful stuff from again, and it costs you "nothing" while allowing you to focus on other game related issues.

There how about that for a fix.
  • legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I loved this game. I hate to see it so utterly destroyed. I in fact spent a lot of money on this game, and though I admit I probably wasted some of it, I still have put time, money, and effort into this game, and to find that after all that, I'm still not strong enough to complete "soloable" content alone...it really hurts. I also hate how the leveling process means nothing, but takes time, and how to get good equipment requires either massive amounts of real money or to be the kind of person that can just grind and be okay with it. I wish there was an option for people like me who just want to have fun, are willing to put in effort, but don't want to spend 1000 hours (or $1000) on one character. The refining system has bugged me for a while, as has the fact PvP equipment is BoP, but that was fine until Mod 6, because I got my profound gear, I got my epic artifacts and artifact equipment...and then they made all of it obsolete. The only good thing was my greater plague fire got upgraded to perfect...oh wait, wasn't even a buff. Yeah. I just, I loved this game so much, I spent a lot of money, I put hundreds of hours into it...and it wasn't even worth it. Please, if anything, just make ad easier to make. Also, increase the zen-to-ad ratio cap. It's been floating around 500 since Mod 3, rarely going down, and I think I would be more likely to put real money into it if that was higher. Then it might mean something. I have more ideas, but this is a basic overview. I just really want Neverwinter to be fun again.
    edited July 2015
    They simply forgot or did not care to update those quests rewards to level 70.

And another thing about campaign areas, any class with any path should be able to just run through that content to get boons and better gear with rare level 70 equipment to get to the next stage - meaning epic skirmishes and dungeons.

This should not be limited to a few selected classes, but it should be possible to be done with all classes and every path - plain and simple.

And since they pushed the difficulty this far, they should also update the rewards to the same level...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    edited July 2015
    Well guy, in response I can only say, I have 3 artifacts all purple. Neck, Waist, and EE Main hand artifacts blue, Off Hand artifact green, blue pants and shirt from EE content. Blue level 70 BI boots. Blue level 70 wrists slot. Level 60 BI Armor and Head. Enchants all R 6 and 7. I went from 28K HP to 45K and my IL went from 1500+ to 2k. Could I have had better gear before mod 6, sure if I wanted to live on the game or whip out my wallet, but I didn't. Could I have more HP, yep, if I dropped artifacts or lowered my offensive and defensive numbers for more HP by getting rid of my last two BI pieces, but losing stats for HP is not going to make anything easier, I've had 10 levels to learn that. Casual players like me who were on the cusp of getting really good gear before mod 6 but didn't quite get there are being forced out and it will only get worse with mod 7 and it's pvp focus. The most upsetting thing is, I've been casually playing since beta and I've been Stormwarden Archer since HR's came out, and all the people I use to run with have already quit. My first guild dissolved completely, and this new guild is losing elite players with each new module and soon there wont be any of them left either. Why, because the all this grinding is just not any fun, especially when you finally get decent gear and new module comes and makes it all for nothing.

And there it is. You are running around with 45k HP and you seriously expect yourself to be able to tackle level 70 content? And solo, no less.
    There are blue gears worth less than 1k AD in AH atm which could easily bump your HP to 60k+. That's roughly 50% HP increase, along with better stats.
    The thing about free games is that people leave/come back all the time. That's just how it is, and you should really, really know this by now if you've actually been playing since beta, as you claim. Which is why Strongholds (the next mod) is apparently about improving the guild system.

Posts like this (and posts defending it) are why people don't take you forum folks seriously. Half the time you clearly have no idea what you're even talking about, and yet you present your case as if it''s the game's fault that you are failing. You spend more time whining and wishing for the "good ol' days" without actually bothering to check whether you have other options available to you. If you people can't even bother to figure out something as simple as checking the AH for dirt cheap, better gear then no wonder you haven't figured out other stuff like the just how ridiculously effect 10%+ LS with Endless Consumption is or just how incredibly useful Defender companions are this mod.

The one thing that I hate about this game is the whiny sub-community who plague zone/the forums with blatant demonstrations of their own ineptitude. It doesn't help that the good players are likely busy doing something else that's actually productive, so these whiny people end up dominating forums threads/chat channels and end up demoralizing new players. What's worse, the feedback of players who actually know what they're talking about ends up getting buried under all the nonsense.
    Check the AH for gear and price changes during events? Nah, let's just whine about how the game is broken. Dig through the forums about how people managed to upgrade their stuff and save a significant amount of personal time/money? Nah, let's just whine about how the game is broken. Ask veteran players - the people who you actually see doing something productive instead of whining in chat - how they're managing to do well for themselves? Nah, let's just whine about how the game is broken.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    Still playing somewhat, but it's more like a job to do most of the dailys with my main (a HR). How can a rogue class be more powerful then a 2nd line fighter class? Really missed the boat with the ranger, truely disappointing. Lately though the rubberbanding is back since 2 updates ago so I won't be buying any Zen in the near future until it has some proven stability again. I might just say the heck with it altogether until 7 comes out.
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I still enjoy doing dungeon runs with guildies, something I don't need this game for. Honestly, if I wasn't in a great guild, I would have left when mod6 broke my character. To address the recent changes: the enemy and XP requirement changes, dailies are no longer possible for my Paladin to do (it isn't/wasn't a difficulty issue for him, it's a time-investment issue) and don't reward me for doing them. The SW I started a couple weeks before the changes is almost 60 and has been fun, but I'm just going to let her wait in PE until Strongholds comes out, then see if there's a reason to go through the grind of 60+ with her. My main (HR) is still stuck as a Trapper, since Combat hasn't been fixed and made viable again, but she is the only character I can do dungeons/contribute to the group with. So, even when it's good (running dungeons with guildies, using a forced paragon choice on one character), it seems to be in spite of the glut of bad decisions since and including mod6.
    That said, I am hopeful and looking forward to the PvE and guild hall building of Strongholds, which (aside from considerable investment of money) is something intrinsic to this game keeping me invoking and doing proffessions. But, I am looking at other games being played by my guild and if Strongholds is just more grind and broken promises - then I'm out. Like I said, my guild is the only palpable reason I'm having fun at this point and I don't need this game to play with them. I'm just hoping to get a reasonable RoI for money spent on this thing, before I just walk away from it.
    Ironzerg is right, this isn't a marriage. In fact, with the vast majority of changes released in the past few months, I have doubts that this is even a friendly acquaintance. But, I want it to be at least an amicable exchange: I give Cryptic money, Cryptic gives me a fun interactive experience. It's not a marriage, but this is a relationship - I (well, we players) can't be the only one's investing in this, Cryptic has to start showing me they want this relationship to work and continue.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    durynte wrote: »
    Hello there!Maybe someone reading this might get inspired.

Yes, because I can simply "inspire" away the fact that my main attack power only does half the damage its supposed to. Because I can "inspire" the lag in Valindra's Tower and the rubber banding I get in IWD to simply flounce off and go bother someone else. Because a nice inspirational speech will make the new guys actually able to get a power point when they get the 1.7 million exp points necessary for an overflow level.... or perhaps inspire the devs and management to actually honor their promotional materials rather than engaging in what basically amounts to fraud in the inducement.*

*As a note, I did not spend enough to get the companions in the latest offer, but I have nonetheless watched as they did not honor the bargain they set forth and have shown no inclination towards honoring thus far, and I can only shake my head in bafflement as to what's going on, given that this would literally cost them nothing and all failing to uphold the contract will do is destroy what little is left of their credibility and likely send this game into an even steeper death-spiral as people stop buying Zen because they no longer trust cryptic and PWE to actually honor their word.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, Mods 7 and 8 better get back to what this game use to be, a fun and PLAYABLE game or they will lose thousands and thousands and TEN's of thousands of dollars not to mention the player base will decline to the point that there wiil be no sense in even playing. I am waiting to see what happens and this is their last chance I am giving them to make this game what is was back in Mods 3, 4 and 5. I have already uninstalled all but one Cryptic game, and NWO may be the next to go. I play games to have fun, this game in no longer fun.
    Post edited by highlyunstable on
    Looking at the changes, i'm going to take a wild guess here... and just say that the road to grind will continue in the next modules.
    Want to know why?
  • rich776rich776 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    it is sad that you devs are worried about money and not about the pc neverwinter community good example take a llok at protocotr the enclave it is like a ghost town just like icewindale and the well i can tell this game is not going in a good direction star trek has more people on and it is more crowded there than here wake up and start adding the loss of players wh have left and all the money that is lost also because people will not spend a lot in the game and how you destroyed the economy by taking away epic gear and now no one can sell or buy anything on the astral market becuase yoru binding everyhtinh remeber a mojority of people playing are middle calls people who can not afford to pay much in the game so they grind a lot do you really want this game to become like wow take a look at numbers the numbers don't lie the loss of players out way the ones that are still playing a lot
  • rich776rich776 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    i have a you tube channel and i talk about the good and bad or neverwinter and there is quite a bit of people who are distatisfied with the game and sad and hurt that the new dev does not listen to the player on how to leave something that is not broken and does not need to be fixed now the game is broken and you devs should pust a lot back like it was and you will see the benifit for you and the players will come back and i think this new guild mod is a big mistake i don't think a lot of people will like it every player comes on at different times in the guild so a lot of people will be playing solo when the go on the new mod looking to fight ads not the upper class guilds they know they can't beat so a lot of guilds will leave even more you have taken to much fun out of the game and you never show pictures of the smaller guilds that work hard at trying to get there pay more attention and run morew with the players and talk to them run with me dev and i will show you a lot of problems you have created that you should put back like the wy it was or i can shoe you how to make it better i was a beta tester for eso and they listend and that is why they are bigger now than when it was pay to play
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Bring back the old Mod 2-5 formula. With buffed monster damage.

Monsters will be squishy enough for frail players to put down without them wearing them down. The reduced damage, 50% HP buff does not help these undergeared players, it only delays their death. Everything have so much HP, the low geared just slowly die before they can bring them down. This only helps players who can recover HP in combat.

Besides, this is more in line with endgame dungeons anyway where mobs still hit hard. Think quick, kill them before they wink at you. It allows you to build your skill level up and be more prepared for T1s/T2s.

• bogglemeboggleme Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    tyrtallow wrote: »

And there it is. You are running around with 45k HP and you seriously expect yourself to be able to tackle level 70 content? And solo, no less.
    There are blue gears worth less than 1k AD in AH atm which could easily bump your HP to 60k+. That's roughly 50% HP increase, along with better stats.
    The thing about free games is that people leave/come back all the time. That's just how it is, and you should really, really know this by now if you've actually been playing since beta, as you claim. Which is why Strongholds (the next mod) is apparently about improving the guild system.

Posts like this (and posts defending it) are why people don't take you forum folks seriously. Half the time you clearly have no idea what you're even talking about, and yet you present your case as if it''s the game's fault that you are failing. You spend more time whining and wishing for the "good ol' days" without actually bothering to check whether you have other options available to you. If you people can't even bother to figure out something as simple as checking the AH for dirt cheap, better gear then no wonder you haven't figured out other stuff like the just how ridiculously effect 10%+ LS with Endless Consumption is or just how incredibly useful Defender companions are this mod.

The one thing that I hate about this game is the whiny sub-community who plague zone/the forums with blatant demonstrations of their own ineptitude. It doesn't help that the good players are likely busy doing something else that's actually productive, so these whiny people end up dominating forums threads/chat channels and end up demoralizing new players. What's worse, the feedback of players who actually know what they're talking about ends up getting buried under all the nonsense.
    Check the AH for gear and price changes during events? Nah, let's just whine about how the game is broken. Dig through the forums about how people managed to upgrade their stuff and save a significant amount of personal time/money? Nah, let's just whine about how the game is broken. Ask veteran players - the people who you actually see doing something productive instead of whining in chat - how they're managing to do well for themselves? Nah, let's just whine about how the game is broken.

If you paid any attention to what I actually wrote you would see that other than artifacts, I have updated all my gear save 2 pieces to the stuff available on AH except my boots which are actually the new BI boots. Those two pieces could very well move me up to 60k HP, BUT they would actually lower my other stats. I would do less dmg, have less defense, less AP gain, and generally lower numbers all around except HP. The point of the orginal post was that some paths for some classes are not viable. The point of my post was to demonstrate why that is true using my personal experience in the game as an example. As for your other statements, this was literally my first post to the forums, EVER.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    boggleme wrote: »
    If you paid any attention to what I actually wrote you would see that other than artifacts, I have updated all my gear save 2 pieces to the stuff available on AH except my boots which are actually the new BI boots. Those two pieces could very well move me up to 60k HP, BUT they would actually lower my other stats. I would do less dmg, have less defense, less AP gain, and generally lower numbers all around except HP. I never said anything about P2W, I said I could have better gear if I paid for it which does not mean a damn thing when it comes to winning or not. The point of the orginal post was that some paths for some classes are not viable. The point of my post was to demonstrate why that is true using my personal experience in the game as an example. As for your other statements, this was literally my first post to the forums, EVER. People like you are why.

Unless you're a tank, don't bother with defense. They nerfed it into the ground so hard that its impact spot could be mistaken for the Chicxulub Crater from a distance, and you will never have enough for it to actually make a noticible dent in the damage the mobs deal to you. HP is the new defense, not that it helps all that much.
    aratech wrote: »
    boggleme wrote: »
    If you paid any attention to what I actually wrote you would see that other than artifacts, I have updated all my gear save 2 pieces to the stuff available on AH except my boots which are actually the new BI boots. Those two pieces could very well move me up to 60k HP, BUT they would actually lower my other stats. I would do less dmg, have less defense, less AP gain, and generally lower numbers all around except HP. I never said anything about P2W, I said I could have better gear if I paid for it which does not mean a damn thing when it comes to winning or not. The point of the orginal post was that some paths for some classes are not viable. The point of my post was to demonstrate why that is true using my personal experience in the game as an example. As for your other statements, this was literally my first post to the forums, EVER. People like you are why.

Unless you're a tank, don't bother with defense. They nerfed it into the ground so hard that its impact spot could be mistaken for the Chicxulub Crater from a distance, and you will never have enough for it to actually make a noticible dent in the damage the mobs deal to you. HP is the new defense, not that it helps all that much.

Not exactly true for the defense but close enough. HP wont help this character though, it's Stormwarden Archer HR. Best at will power gets interrupted and does not go off if you take any damage during the almost 3sec delay to fire. Second best another delay, it'll go off but you get hit 3 or 4x's if you try it. Only at wills that work are weak. Since I'm not trapper Thorn Ward and Grasping Roots do good damage but don't keep anything off me at all. Split the Sky does great damage but I get hit 2-3x's when I need to get it off. My Dailies are the only thing that ever save me from dying and I would be trading AP for HP if I change my gear any further in the manner the previous commenter recommends which wont save me if I can not drop anything. They have just made it so that it is not a viable solo able build. Remove those at will delays and maybe, but till then it's boned.
  • adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Basically, mod 6 almost broke the back of our guild. Our guild, that was strong, had it's membership cut by 32%, and attendance cut by over 91% by this mod alone. The devs have the chance to turn things around with mod 7, but it really is a "make or break" point for them with Strongholds; and devs should NEVER let their game get to the point where they have already killed off a good portion of the community population, and what is left is barely hanging on for a "we'll see what they do next before we are gone." Basically, that is where the remaining guild members and I are at: Strongholds needs to "knock one out of the park" or we will likely be looking elsewhere to spend our entertainment time and dollars.

Peace.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I think one of the big blatant lies about the HP change was it didn't effect bosses but it sure affected all of their minions enemies I used to be able to solo with incredible difficulty are now too tanky to kill without taking 20 minutes...
This discussion has been closed.