test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you having fun in the game at this point?

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    Playing and mostly fun, but could be better
    All I can say is that my patience is being stretched thin - and I'm referring to the "balancing" choice they are making with regard to difficulty (and no: NOT PVP - I could;t care less about PvP).

I've spent a LOT over the last two years, I'll spend more over the next year or so at least. But I must admit my spending is slowing down (mostly because they are not giving us the things we are ASKING FOR in the Zen market, etc.) - but those things only support my in-game toon.

And if I'm not enjoying playing my toon then why would I spend any money for Zen points on it?

So far it's not as painful for me as it is for many others (I just don;t take this game as seriously as others do) - but at the same time the fun of it all is slowly leaking away. As for me it's all about the difficulty balance (I don;t mind that actual difficulty, I do mind how faking long things take) and over bug issues. The borking of Invoking is just the latest SNAFU.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    I am really having a lot of fun
    Don't grind or farm so much - that's when the game starts feeling like a "job".

DISCO SQUIRREL!

Feel free to get distracted.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Playing, but not a lot of fun
    Some of the choices they make as regards things they want us to pay for boggle my mind. People want to improve their gear by playing the game. That has some difficulties right now, less than at other times but it still feels like being a wow gold farmer when you're doing it. They don't want to buy shortcuts because of how expensive they are and as well because they feel like its antigame. Like you are paying not to have to play it.

What I and a lot of people would willingly pay for is a lot of cosmetic items, I don't just mean fashion sets but armour transmutes and a wider array of dyes. Its one of the things they got right in sto. Download the game and see just how many different uniforms you can get.

I'd also like to have more of the game, like where are all our dungeons gone? Once you've gotten past them what are you going to do? The pvp? I'll just play counterstrike if I want to pvp.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is again fun after the decision i took of dropping every alt i had.
    Now im happily running stuffs with only 1 char.
    Pvp except for paladins is in its most balanced state.
    Matchmaking needs some hard love tho.
    And they should introduce way to make ads by playing dungeons...maybe new dungeons.

Balance wise...enchantments like lifedrinker barkshield plagufire need some buffs.

Overall? I only play pvp, everything is ok for me.

Btw I LOVE the last change to invocation with discount coupons
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i love this Picture, it illustrate state of the game perfectly. not aggresive but direct enough with its ironic )))))

luckily enjoy pvp here, its liveliness now is refreshing.
    pve part, nothing to say, complete disaster, cant imagine pure pvers still play this game

• mahgnilligmahgnillig Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I'm pretty new to Neverwinter, so here are some things that I've noticed. Levels 1-60 were crazy fun! I loved that you could level by doing quests, and the quests were interesting and held my attention. At around lvl 60, as an archery HR, it became really hard to solo anything and I pretty much gave up trying (until this point I could do foundry quests solo, but at 60 I got my butt handed to me every time). I was still enjoying the PvE content when teamed up with someone else though. If anything, I think that the leveling in this game goes by way too fast and doesn't give you a chance to fully enjoy the content before you are too high a level to get a challenge from it. I would say slow the exp way down during the storyline quests. Once I got to the Elemental Evil storyline, it kind of stagnated. I found the quests to be rather dull at that point, and not as fun as the 1-60 quests.

Once I hit 70 I found that the game got a bit grindy. The dungeons and skirmishes are still fun, but the daily quests get a bit tedious after a while. The difficulty of the epic dungeons compared to everything that had gone before seemed to be way out of line... so much so that I ended up doing PvP (which I hate) in order to gear up for doing epic dungeons. The trouble is there does not seem to be an intermediate step between the end of the storyline quests and the epic dungeons, so you go in dressed in blue lvl 70 gear with your shiny new artifact weapons and you die over and over and over again. Same thing with the jump in difficulty between T1 epic dungeons and T2 epic dungeons... if you try to do them wearing the gear you earned from doing T1, you just get splattered. There needs to be some kind of intermediate stage (or maybe the devs need to playtest content using the gear you can expect to earn from doing the previous tier).

Another thing that seems kind of lame is that you only get a 'chance' to get a new skill once you hit lvl 70. This should be a meaningful milestone.... maybe increase (again) the amount of exp needed but make it a guaranteed power or feat point. I also think that the ability to increase your enchantments and artifacts needs to be looked at. Currently there are so many things that you need to spend refinement points on that it takes forever just to level up one item. Maybe make this more achievable through questing? Actually, questing is pretty much my answer to everything. Sure, make items available on the zen market to buy for $$, but also make those things available by doing a specific quest path that takes a long time and a couple of friends to complete. Then players have a choice: spend $$ or spend time, but the result is the same in the end. Myself, I would probably be about 50/50 if that were the case. I enjoy quests, but I'm also prepared to spend real money to enjoy myself in the game. Put in fun rewards for doing quests, too. Like a nifty new mount or some swanky transmutable armour. And how about transmutable mounts, so we can get the benefits of one with the look of another?

IMO there are plenty of things that could be done with Neverwinter to make it less grindy and more fun at high levels... just look to lvls 1-60 as guidance. It's all right there!
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Mostly having fun. Really like the changes to mob health and damage, I feel like I'm actually fighting enemies rather than running away while waiting for cooldowns to finish. Overall difficulty for solo/campaign area content is just right for me now.

Disappointed in the design decisions for this module though. There is no sense of story or progression (in terms of character and gear imo). The endgame is still the same as before, would have really liked to be doing something other than the same daily cycle as I was previously doing. Also I have no desire/intention to do the lvl 60+ quests areas with alts again for pretty much the reasons I have already stated.

Holding out for mod 8 myself, in the hope that we will have a storyline and progressive quest path, with lairs that need to be done to open up new parts of the story. Then finished off with more enjoyable, meaningful daily tasks with a couple of good dungeons for the dwellers to explore.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    The fun is gone completely
    I no longer even bother to log in, but I DO keep an eye on the forums for that one sliver of a possibility that the current dev team will turn this around, but that is largely optimistic.

I was on a business trip this week, lots of downtime in hotel rooms. Usually I look forward to this because it provides me with a good chance to hammer out some Foundry work unabated. Not this time. There's just no longer any point to even logging in. Sure, I can run some alts through the same quests that I've run every other alt through, but to what end? To be at the same place as my main characters with absolutely nothing to do? No thanks.

I am what they call a casual player. I have aan awesome job and an even better family. I have neither the time to invest into this game to make it "fun", nor do I have such amounts of cash to compensate for the lack of money. Let's face it, time IS money, and this game requires far too massive amounts of either (if not both) to stay abreast. I've spent more Zen on this game than I should, mainly for fashion and dyes as it pertained to he storyline of my Foundry quests (my characters were created from these quests). I will NOT purchase RP or any other items that are fundamental to game progression.

The last straw for me, was the charge reward fiasco. That was just blatant, intentionally malicious, and completely unacceptable.

• fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Yeah... It's still fun to stomp pugs tho...
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    burkaanc wrote: »
    1. have u tested that it isnt your isp fault, or it only happens in certain zones ? i havent noticed general lag for a long time

I find that I have some bad lag issues in Dread Ring. Everywhere else is fine for me, but in DR it's really bad - especially when the instance I'm in is well populated. Switching to low pop ones gives me some amount of respite, but then they start to fill up again and it's back to square one!

• taymmataymma Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Playing, but not a lot of fun.

I think for me a lot of what I feel is disappointment. I was so excited for Mod 6 and I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this. It was fun to level a new character, until level 60 and then the grind began. I did manage to level an OP to 70 and soon realized that 70 wasn't quite good enough some places. So I decided to level a second OP, thinking a healer might be more fun. It was until level 60. Sometimes I need to play solo. Not all the time, but sometimes, especially after a trying day.

I play on the weekends, because of my friend. I use to play seven nights a week, but I have to force myself to play on the weekends now. If you are still having fun, you won't understand where the rest of us are coming from and that's okay. When I play now, it feels like an exercise in futility. I find myself thinking "What is the point of this?, when I should be having fun. Even throwing money at the game, (and I use to do that), isn't fun.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Why? Because:

Lots of reasons I don't feel like ranting about again. I've said it before and I can't be bothered saying it again, but in short, Mod 6 ruined game play for me.

My main grumbles are removal of all other dungeons and skirmishes - its dungeons and dragons, oh but all the dungeons sort of went 'poof' for no real reason. Dungeon equipment is now bound, so its not profitable after you have the equipment you need, but you need to run so many dungeons to get that equipment that with the limited content it becomes a boring, frustrating grind fest.

There are still multiple things broken, including harper quest instances which were reported the first week of mod 6 and have still not been fixed. New content isnt new, its recycled. Mod 6 wasnt an expansion, it was a huge step back in development for some unknown reason whilst giving up a cap increase and a handful of new equipment sets.

I like that the dev's have acknowledged there are issues, and are trying to sort things out, but so far I'm not convinced. The recent patch, adding 50% more hp to enemies... it's pretty much guaranteed I will no longer be playing my GF pve, because it already took too long to kill lvl 70 mobs. I have my GF who before, could survive, but took ages to kill stuff and my TR dps who killed really quick but had difficulty surviving.

Now its like the same, but worse. My GF can still survive, but a bit easier, but now it takes twice as long to kill them so she winds up losing the same HP as if they were still full strength, only over a longer period of time. In effect, it takes longer to do the same for the same reward. As for my DPS, little difference, still looses as much hp, just over a longer period of time. Ok, its an improvement in the dungeons and skirmishes where we were getting 1 hit, but for other pve content, not cool.

I am just so frustrated.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• UndefinedUndefined Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    This poll is useless. Happy people don't post here. They don't come running to the forums to express their joy. Angry people on the other hand. Well these forums are full of them. This poll is heavily biased. I won't vote because it's senseless. We all know how this poll will end.

What's with people who put their Ilvl in their Signatures? They probably have a big gold chain and saggy pants too.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    Ya... I'm just waiting for the next mod and pvping a little in the meantime.. playing other things.. no biggie. It's not like I have plans of ever leaving :P They just need more things to do, more pvp types. You already have 5v5.. how hard would it be adding 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.. and more pvp things in general..More things to buy with glory pls. Customizable player housing would be really fun for me as well
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Funny thing hapened, i voted for the yelow thing and it took about 15 minutes for NW to load PE...did i do something wrong? :no_mouth:
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    MMOs that do not really allow you to gear out at least 2-3 different toons to acceptable levels, are just plain doing it wrong.. way wrong.

• ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Fun is pretty much gone completely, matter of fact. Up to the last patch where they boosted mobs hitpoints but cut the damage I was at least logging in to keep professions up and at least attempt a daily or two. I don't even do that anymore. I'll probably log in tomorrow to talk to the guild leader and turn over my unbound stuff on my main, since I have a strong feeling I wont be needing it anymore...
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You're right, this isn't a marriage, and it is just a game. However for those that have invested countless hours and high amounts of cash it's a little harder than just walking away from something you care about, probably more so than the people who are in charge of it.

It's a game, not an "investment". My 401k is an investment. The only "return" you should get out of investing time and money into a game is fun.

If you're not having fun, why do you keep putting time and money in? Serious question.

If the game has only gotten worse over the last two years, then what do you think is going to change? If you have no faith in the developers to "fix" things you think are broken, why are you sticking around? Seems pretty foolish to me.

There's no shortage of great games out there, including tons of F2P MMOs. If Neverwinter is so terrible, it should be pretty easy to find a game to put your time and money into, and have fun doing it.

But let me answer that question with a single word. Hyperbole.

If it was as bad as people on this forum make it out to be, you'd be gone, wouldn't you? But it's not. You're still here. And so are a lot of people. I wish I had the time to go back through these forums and collect the "This game is dying greatest hits" collection. If you believe what some people have said, this game has been dying since beta, doomed to failure.

Yet more than two years later...here we are :)

Actually, no. Your not exactly correct there, not necessarily incorrect, but not correct either. I would say that a lot of people who are playing Neverwinter and are dissatisfied with the game stay with it for the same reason some people stay in a abusive relationship. They have time invested, money invested, and they remember the good times. Well, the good times are mostly gone, but we stay, hoping, that they will come back.

Which they wont, but logic and human decision making are not necessarily polar opposites, but they don't run parallel either.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    Still playing, but every patch brings new problems or new nerfs and fails to fix things that have been broken for months. Most of my friendslist is gone, names that never light up anymore. My guild is still around but we've lost a couple of people recently that'd been in it for ages and I haven't seen them around since.

I've got little incentive to play. Advancing my characters requires tons of AD I don't have and can't really make anymore. RP that's difficult to get. Greater marks of potency that are nowhere to be found. T2 dungeons it's difficult to find parties for, and even when you do the party often can't finish it. Even when you do, the rewards are pathetic and not worth the key to open the chest unless it's your free daily key.

My best geared char has a broken capstone and doesn't have the obscenely overpowered set needed to compete as DPS nowadays, so there's little point in playing him, and my other two active characters are both healers and kind of boring, as well as horribly behind. They'll never catch up. One of them needs to be abandoned, but so much changes so fast it's impossible to know which will continue to be usable and which will be nerfed into pointlessness.

I'm still here because I haven't found anything better, but I'm not that hopeful.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Oh, well, the events can be good fun. But... ...now I got the Garden Keys next years' rounds won't be that attractive :^/.

I'# keeping busy with busywork kind of gameplay: Professions ofc - so many chars that still gotta get to Jewelcrafting 25, e.g., then I reactivated my GWF after a long vacation - quite some campaigning left there, helped friends through late SpinRise now and then, geared up all my mules to something resembling combat readiness so they could earn their Keys themselves, and now can run normal Dungeons...

Fun?

Well, the initial egregious excesses of Mod 6 have somewhat lessened now, but still it's a sad story effort-reward-wise. This still doesn't make me enthusiastic to grind T1s over and over to maybe get a Lostmouse Toot and eventually get some 5% better gear - to which I could add another 5% by doing even more infiniGrind in IwD...

...so it's more the reward side which currently disenthuses me. And did since Mod 5. No "One last Set piece and this will really rock!"-magic anymore. No "It's painful now, but when the pain has been suffered enough it'll be so much better"-outlook. Just "Reach benchmarking chekpoint 'Alliance Gear completed", proceed to benchmarking checkpoint 'Get tons of Black Ice until BI crafting can be leveled to Rank 5'" with little or no difference in the grind itself...
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    I frankly feel like the dev's only listen to the semi-pro people who ask for more difficult content; fit for the ultra hardcore 24/7 players.
    Not everyone wants to be a pro at gaming. A lot of us just want to enjoy a relaxing moment. Neverwiter, with its links to the D&D game and its excellent graphics was that.
    Now... well, not anymore.
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    I haven't been having as much fun in the game since IWD. I like soloing. I don't mind doing skirmishes. I don't like dungeons because people just want to zerg them. I love some of the foundry content.

I have supported the game. I want to support the game now. I want a reason to support the game in the future. I feel like Cryptic isn't giving me a reason to open my wallet. I'm not going to pay for a game that doesn't support my play style.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I am still having fun... but wish the epic DD were doable

I have tried one since the change and no joy

There still is too much fore a random group

Urlord
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    vyperdrive wrote: »
    burkaanc wrote: »
    1. have u tested that it isnt your isp fault, or it only happens in certain zones ? i havent noticed general lag for a long time

I find that I have some bad lag issues in Dread Ring. Everywhere else is fine for me, but in DR it's really bad - especially when the instance I'm in is well populated. Switching to low pop ones gives me some amount of respite, but then they start to fill up again and it's back to square one!

I can play in pretty much any zone or instance without issue, but VT and SoT cause me to lag/rubberband. If the issue is so zone-specific, then I cannot conclude that it is an issue with my ISP.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Undefined wrote: »
    This poll is useless. Happy people don't post here.

The forums isn't strictly just a place to post your complaints. A lot of people come here to try to get more information because they are having fun playing the game.
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    This game is sunk cost. I left after mod 6 and am happy in other games. Sad really, because I LOVE the Forgotten Realms IP and the visceral combat system.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh, well, the events can be good fun. .

Yes, for the first 30 minutes or so. And then you realize that, much like the rest of the game, you must complete the same task (be it a skirmish or ice fishing) over and over and over again until you can't even see straight in order to even have a chance at one of the "rewards" and even then it's a crapshoot.

When the CTA comes around, I will usually give it about 3 rounds, just enough for a full set of dyes, and then I'm out. I didn't even bother with the Midsummer or Winter "events" this year.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    A large number of my friends seem to have given up on the game, and thats impacted my fun. I find I log on to do a few dailies here and there, maybe if I see some friends on I'll have a decent length PVP / chatting session with them. then I check prices, see if I can do some buying/selling to increase wealth, and log out. It's less fun than it was when I really got heavily invested in playing around mod 2-3
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
This discussion has been closed.