test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I'd prefer the gith types, but the problem with that is they don't exist within the current narrative of the game.

The low hanging fruit would be races already in the game, like kobolds (hated Deekin), duergar, gnomes, etc. Of those - I'd prefer quicklings - they would be fun to play.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Gensai were in Neverwinter Nights 2. so, where they are now? back in home plane avoiding plaugefire?
  • Options
    judica#7935 judica Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    changeling and genasi
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ooh, i just remember from Azure Bond series, these Saurals, those dinosaur folks, they are excellent bard race.
    they could have similar dragonborn builts, but different head crests.
    i have seen and read some saurals as fighters, healers, and bards, and rare mage type class.

edit:
    they have varied head crests, large fan-shape crest, handle-bar crest, fin/mohawk crest.
  • Options
    xivirianaxiviriana Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Already got my race. Moon-Elf. Huehuehue.
  • Options
    haotaushaotaus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Would love a Warforged Race (now that I know what they look like) would totally buy the race re-roll for that.
    (Edit) I see that Gnome is winning, and I think that is a lame choice just because don't we already have couple short races, but we don't have a mechanical Race and I think that would be the most striking visually.
  • Options
    r06ue1r06ue1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Satyr or one of the Fae (Sprite, Pixie, Fairy, etc...).
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Genasi, definitely. It's not even a contest imho. And, we already have a lot of cool animations for elemental archons all around. The very weapons were elemental-based. It would only fit to have elemental races introduced

http://rinielsmusings.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/dragon-image-380.jpg
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    hopefully, these genasi come with Temple of Elemental Evil for final confrontation with elemental lords and to have them released, temple should have specific massive land zone, for example, City of Brass in plane of fire where all those efftreeti and some varied genies.

air genasi should have blue hair with lightning texture, fire have hothead fire hairs, water would have some vapor/reflective water, and earth genasi would have varied gem-like hairdo that might glow.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Never been a fan of genasi myself. Always seemed like too much of a monster race.

At this point it seems like they don't really have the time to work on any major races anyway though. I'd love some more subrace options at least though. Shouldn't be too hard to make a Duegar. Come on, you know you want to add Duergar's Cryptic. :D
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Would love to see Aasimar and Gnome. Genasi would be okay too.
    Would be actively annoyed by Goliath, Minotaur, Shifter, and Warforged.
    Would be so annoyed by Minotaur and Warforged that it would actually put me off the game to some extent.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    YES!!!!!

Warforged arnt even part of this realm. And cow people would be far to close to something delicious for me to be comfortable adventuring with them.
  • Options
    thecrowleythecrowley Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Who wouldn't love a changeling, come on!
  • Options
    hammerslam1hammerslam1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    Didn't get time to go through all the posts but did anyone mention Half Giants? Otherwise gotta go with Classic Gnome.
  • Options
    flamingoz1flamingoz1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would love to see that drow elf were fixt to be their old with their glowing eyes, Drizzt have it Im not sure why all the other drow must look so... lame :c
    Other than that I think changelings would be awesome!! coping other looks :D
  • Options
    hellscryehellscrye Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Goliath. Lans is in the new campaign, so they've introduced Goliaths. I'd like Kobold, but I don't see that flying well. Duregar would be great, as well.
  • Options
    angeleter138#6620 angeleter138 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Gnomes, been missing for too long.
    Also since the beginning I have yearned for Half-Ogres.
    Outside shot Kobolds, Genasi, Lizardfolk, and Goblins.

I'd really like to see non elves get elf level variety: Shield Dwarves, Gold Dwarves, Duergar, Ghostwise Halflings, Tallfellow Halflings, Stout Halflings, Half Drow, Genasi and Aasimar could be options with Tieflings under Planetouched, Orog Half Orcs, Ogrillon Half-Orcs, (could even put Half Ogres with them if needs be). Even Humans could have divisions based on where they are from.
  • Options
    phantomlynxphantomlynx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How are gnomes winning the poll? They're just an annoying version of halflings. I had a hard time deciding, I wasn't sure if I wanted to vote for goliaths, minotaurs or warforged.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    - Gnomes are so unimaginative and we also have Halflings already. They look superbly unproportional.
    - Minotaurs, same story. Unimaginative. I fathom that there's this "Roar, buff me a steak" sort of people who wanna tank with them, but seriously get real. Don't cure your WoW-nostalgia on Neverwinter. So what if you played as a gnome and tauren in WoW, this is not the same game.

Genasi for the win!
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I would like to see Centaurs. maybe because of the fact they have to have different moving assets they would have to make a few special classes for it. But Centaurs I would like to see! They could be unable to use mounts themselves but there racials would count as if they are mounts making them the most versatile!
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Graveborn, Thri-kreen (I know, too hard to model as a PC), Githyanki.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    getsume#1425 getsume Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I chose shifter they seem like they would be cool. It would be really cool if they could do some shapeshifting like in the lore but that probably wouldn't happen.
    Have I ever told you I'm a genius?
  • Options
    arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    GNOMERCY!!!! It's a gnobrainer I am surprised it did not happen sooner.
  • Options
    How come vryloka aren't an option?
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

- Gnomes are so unimaginative and we also have Halflings already. They look superbly unproportional.
    - Minotaurs, same story. Unimaginative. I fathom that there's this "Roar, buff me a steak" sort of people who wanna tank with them, but seriously get real. Don't cure your WoW-nostalgia on Neverwinter. So what if you played as a gnome and tauren in WoW, this is not the same game.

Genasi for the win!

As the Minotaur goes down in flames, he cries "I smell delicious!!!"
  • Options
    What I personally would like to see most is a race with bat ears like Sandesyl Morgia has.
  • Options
    Sandesyl might be one of the ancient long lost "Star Elves" that went extinct right after the original devil/demon rift first opened near Myth Drannor.
    Star Elves are one of the most rare and elite society of the elvenkind, they were crafters of rare enchanted artifacts. many were killed and only so few survived the rift opening, and she got bit by a powerful vampire.
    Star Elves are nocturnals, easy victims to vampirism.

to this date of Neverwinter's lore, no one knows if there is any surviving exist.

Drows are playing dangerous game with demons, now they just created 2nd rift opening by repeating same mistake by the elven lords of Myth Drannor.

Moon Elves are lesser caste to drow and star elves who once graced night skies.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    They simply gave her the ears to make her look more vampirey. She didn't originally have them, and there was much complaining when her in game appearance changed.
  • Options

They simply gave her the ears to make her look more vampirey. She didn't originally have them, and there was much complaining when her in game appearance changed.

In the art work she had bat ears I think but yeah they pretty much just added them to make her look more like a vampire.

I don't know of any dnd races that have bat ears the closest thing I can think of that might are Vryloka (because vampire isn't a race anymore) but I've never actually read anywhere that they do. Since they're like vampires I would think they do but that would really be up to the artists.

• Options
    jyotaijyotai Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Genasi for the win!

New here, but I just voted and voted Minotaur for 4 reasons.

First, yes: I have 3 Tauren in WoW and I love the race there. Paladin, Priest, and Druid. Just to get that out of the way because you are right on that claim - some of this is that nostalgia.

Second: The game need more 'less human looking' races. If Satyr was on the poll it'd beat out minotaur for me. But its never been playable in D&D so I know why its not up there. Likewise Naga (look up the source material for Naga: Hindu/Indian mythology - they're basically pond and lake healers. 'Naga' is actually a woman's name in India as a result). But again Naga have never showed up in D&D as either playable, or even done correctly for the source material.

Third: Minotaur was playable in 4e in one of the WotC race books. And the version done there was actually MORE interesting than the WoW take, felt closer to source, and I'd love to see more people exposed to it.

Fourth: It is almost the original fantasy race. It comes from the ancient Minoan people of the island of Cyprus: where it was a protector spirit, a guardian, for the community. After the Greeks conquered them, as a 'we are better than you' sort of thing, they turned the creatures of Minoan mythology into monsters. So Minotaur was still a guardian, but now guarding treasure and possessed of a bestial nature - something for a Greek mythic hero Theseus to slay in... yes... the first Dungeon. Theseus wanders through a maze to kills the monster and get the treasure: That's a 2000 year old tale of somebody's D&D session. This is a fantasy race that predates elves, dwarves, and goblins in human mythology. Only dragons can put up an older claim as far as European mythology goes.

PST timezone older player. Mostly play tanks and healers. Don't game outside of MMOs.