test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Whaever they choose, I hope they don't get the Dragonborn treatment - put in an overly expensive pack and done sloppily.
    Post edited by khimera906 on
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    genasi could be good
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • vancanto78vancanto78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Catfolk race would be pretty cool or Centaur
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Centaur WOULD be cool, because I can't offhand think of any MMORPG that has them as a playable race. Of course the reason for this it would require an entirely new model/skeleton with a complete set of animations, (IE a lot of work)
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, we did get Drow and Dragonborn, Aarakocra would be imo the best of the 3 for elemental evil, if it's launched within this mod, else i would really like to se a changeling.

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Of the races listed in the poll only aasimar, gnomes and genasi have appeared in a core Realms product. Given the models we have seen of Aarakocra I'd rather pass on them, plus their major racial feature is flight; which NWOnline doesn't support.

Aasimar are in the 5E DMG and while I love them, they are really just another elf/human type as far as NWOnlie goes with little to make them visually distinct from an already very homogenous human/elf/halfelf group.

Gnomes are visually interesting and have a long Realms history and you have already included Gond, the major gnomish diety.

Genasi are a visually distinct human sized race, with a lot of inherent flavour due to their 4 subtypes and they were reintroduced in 5E with the Elemental Evil campaign making them a good choice at this stage of the NWOnline development. As a Genasi fan they got my vote.

Deep Gnomes are also in 5E and are missing from the poll. Given that the next campaign module should be Underdark focussed (as that's the next PnP story), they are also a good candidate.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • naminootonaminooto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Definitely the Werewolf. It's frustrating seeing so many in Vellosk and not be able to play as one.

I mean, if we can choose between Drow and Menzoberranzan Renegade, which is in essence a Drow from a different location who had a different life, it would not be earth-shattering to be able to choose between say Human and Lycanthropy Afflicted Human.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I'd like to see Deva added - we already have Tieflings, and there's a Deva companion, so they seem perfect as an addition.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The thing about lycanthropes is that they are (supernaturally) diseased members of another race. It's different from say a human who comes from Asia and a human from the Americas, which is basically what Menzoberranzan renegade and the "regular" drow we have are.
    A more accurate comparison would be lycanthropes and humans, driders and drow.

Devas are not native to the prime material plane, which is why Forgotten Realms D&D instead has Aasimar as a core race (their offspring with humans).
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Gnome <3 please
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I'd love to have werewolves too, but I don't see it happening.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    I do recall an option for a gnome class in early early Cd-Rom versions of Dungeons & Dragons though I always felt it closely aligned with a halfing race.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I wanna Aasimar

You have those although it's a companion:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Astral_Deva

4E renamed them to Deva which I did not agree with.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Lillend type could be cool to play with.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Playable Devas/Aasimar/Angels (same thing different names). Because we have Tieflings already and the Devas are their counterpart. They should have been added in the same time as them. We already have Deva companions. So not much work would be needed to turn them in to playable toons.
  • virizielviriziel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    Any feline race. Give us Rakshasas!

That would be awesome!! Rakshasas just rule in D&D!
  • razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    If they do that i want the dog too.
  • novo68novo68 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Im thinking some kind of Tribal Indian that would give you a shaman class or maybe a wolfshaman....those would be cool.
  • virizielviriziel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    What about Deep Imaskari or Ancient Netherese Human
  • razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Been thinking rather than a race give us children. I wouldn't mind a 9 year old Thief.
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Gnomes have been with us since 1E. My very first character, in the late 70s, was a Gnome Illusionist. Some how he was trasnformed into an Elf during a session. Must have made the DM mad.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I want the rakshasa !!!
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Before introduction of another race. Fix the ones we have. How about that?
  • proudlikeabomproudlikeabom Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Be cool to have a Undead version to all races . Maybe a Light ,Dark and Mecenary version of each race with their own special skills,items quest etc . Allow the player to choose between the path of good or evil fighting for control of Neverwinter.
  • magicmyrtlemagicmyrtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Shifter....... loads of possibilities but right now I'd love to get on and play my existing races x
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    A hobbit like gollum for me.