test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141212.26 PTS Update

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2015 in PTS - The Archive
FC.31.20141212.26 PTS Update

This build is available on PTS now, 4/27/2015. This adds the new Aztec Headdress as the May Subscriber Reward.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.26:

Aztec Headdress

- Adds the new Aztec Headdress costume piece to Half-Helmets / Head Wear
- Adds the new Aztec Headress as the May Subscriber bonus item to the Gold Bonus Vendor
- The eventclock has also been adjusted to May to allow the item to appear early.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.28:

- Fixed a bug that caused the Aztec Headdress to unlock for characters instead of accounts.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.30:

- The previous fix only addressed female aztec headdresses, this build fixes the male version as well.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OHMYGAWD!!!

Another wild Dev/CM appears!!!

Someone get duct tape! Rope!! Something!!!! :biggrin:

(Ps.: Welcome aboard!! :biggrin:)
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Overall, I like the look of the headdress, but I have a few concerns about it:

1) I'd love, LOVE to have a version of this without the skull on top. It would make it more useable for 'good' Heroes that way.

2) Color 2 bleeds into Color 3. So if you pick white on color 2, it makes color 3 whiter than normal. Pick blue, it makes color 3 bluer. Etc.

3) If you look at the headdress from behind on a female character, there's one feather on the left side that's visible via color 3 that sticks out behind the rest of the feathers from color 4. On the other side of the face, that feather sticks forward and looks 'better' because of it. I'd move said feather forward to match the other one.

4) No texture at all on the helmet itself. The texture is implied via the coloring in color 1, but nothing is there otherwise. Not sure if intended.

5) The Face->Ears and Face->Ear Points sliders really messes with some of the feathers as well as the helmet itself. Not sure if intended.

6) The Face->Cheeks and Face->Cheeks Height sliders really messes with the helm itself. Not sure if intended.

7) The lowest feather on the left side (looking face on your character like usual, color controlled with color 2) embeds itself into the character's face and not the 'circle attachment point' for the feathers unlike all the rest of them. If you select Head Type: Headless, you can clearly see how it's not attached right.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What I've found:

1.) Alot of clipping issues, both with itself, and the default male and female models.

2.) No material options, at all. Being able to have the helmet as metal and the feathers and cloth would be primo. At the very least it needs textures added.

3.) The skull and feathers should be attachments onto the helmet. As it stands, the design works for only a very small proportion of players.

4.) Please unlock this on other categories besides half helmets. Only a very small fraction of costume bits work with this category, and it pretty much makes this costume piece worthless for a lot of its best uses. For instance, I can't wear it with a snake skinned character, making Quetzoacoatl unobtainable :(
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the warm welcome and the feedback.

At least some of this feedback will be easy to incorporate, especially adding more categories to the headdress. We shall get back to you soon!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wait, evidence for someone actually reading feedback? Unnatural!

Oh, the usual way to allow testing upcoming gold bonus costumes is to add them to the debugger store, not to make it so the gold bonus vendor can offer them. That means setting date is unnecessary.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Am I the only one that is reminded of showgirl headdresses from the new costume item?
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rumor has it, Cryptic North's Dev team was sacrificed to the Aztec gods. This is Cryptic's way of letting us know.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Champions%20Online_2015-04-27_23-07-35.jpg
    Champions%20Online_2015-04-27_23-04-32.jpg

Just to reenforce a few things Bob said...

Bug: Colors merging
    Where: PTS
    What: It appears the 2nd color is affecting the shade of the 3rd color (just confirming that)

Suggestion:

Needs material: Cloth, Leather, Metal, Shiny Metal & it would be great to use the LEMURIAN STONE material that is never used under the chest piece Armor Ancient Tech.

Champions%20Online_2015-04-27_23-12-26.jpg

(Like this)

Suggestion:

Please please please please please....

Add this to the Head & Hair: Head Wear and Head & Hair Top Accessory. Half Helm is probably one of the worst categories we have because all the other sections are so limited. I would even consider getting rid of it in the future and adding those pieces to head wear.

Final Suggestion...

Make the Feathers and head piece seperate piece like the Pharaoh Crown. The actul head piece is horrible because you have only two colors to use and it has no texture to it. If you allowed more color spots on the head piece it would help. SO....Make feathers a Head Wear Part when you select Aztec Headdress

5704010470_f303d092d9_z.jpg

(like this)
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcome and the feedback.

At least some of this feedback will be easy to incorporate, especially adding more categories to the headdress. We shall get back to you soon!

Yup, Welcome ladygladfly. I'd like to echo another comment that was made.....

Please give us an option of not having the skull on top. It would improve it so much by having this choice.

And I pretty much agree with all of ealford's (last poster) comments and observations.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited April 2015
    Bug: Costume Bind
    Where: PTS
    WHat? New Monthly Costume piece is not account bound.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome, welcome~!

Amazing job on the headress, it is super huge! I like the detail of the feather textures.

I'm with the others: add material textures and make the skull optional (I could see this being used for vegas showgirl superhero if it has no skull).

But it's probably too late to change anything, so no worries. We'll nitpick anything that gets offered, but this peice is pretty solid as-is.

Generally speaking for costume peices we like:
    • Multiple Categories (Top Accesory and Headwear for example)
    • Multiple Textures (cloth/leather/metal for sure, glass/holoforce/psi for special pop)
    • Glow Color(s)
    • Multiple Parts (Feathers/skull separte from headwear for example)

Usuallly one or two of these checked off makes us happy. Our favorite costume sets usually knocky off more than a few.
    edited April 2015
    Hi folks,

Thank you again for all the feedback. We're going to push a new build to PTS today that should fix the account unlock bug. Thursday's LIVE build will also have a new icon and some additional categories that the headdress will be available in.

In the future for costumes and subscriber pieces, we'll take into consideration the feedback regarding breaking items up into multiple pieces & adding more textures.
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you, Ladygadfly!

Looking forward to see what cool stuff you have in store for future pieces.

Rose_sig.png
    edited April 2015
    Hi folks,

Thank you again for all the feedback. We're going to push a new build to PTS today that should fix the account unlock bug. Thursday's LIVE build will also have a new icon and some additional categories that the headdress will be available in.

In the future for costumes and subscriber pieces, we'll take into consideration the feedback regarding breaking items up into multiple pieces & adding more textures.

I will take a look when I get home. Thanks for the fixes!

Did we at least get the standard materials?
    edited April 2015
    FC.31.20141212.28 is up on PTS.

This build fixes the bug where the headdress unlocked for characters instead of accounts.
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there any chance of getting the skull as an option, like people have requested? Or is it too late for that?
    edited April 2015
    FC.31.20141212.28 is up on PTS.

This build fixes the bug where the headdress unlocked for characters instead of accounts.

This is suppose to be working now right? Because it's not fixed yet.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its been said but having the option to remove the feathers or even have the feather parts be a separate piece will allow the whole thing to have up to 8 colors. Something like this deserves to be two parts. But the real important part is that the 4 color options makes sense to what they cover. Specific parts of the feathers and specific row of feathers without effecting the main head and skull.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    Its been said but having the option to remove the feathers or even have the feather parts be a separate piece will allow the whole thing to have up to 8 colors. Something like this deserves to be two parts. But the real important part is that the 4 color options makes sense to what they cover. Specific parts of the feathers and specific row of feathers without effecting the main head and skull.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. Unfortunately, adding materials or breaking it into multiple pieces isn't in scope right now. We're definitely aware that this is important to you guys, though.

PTS coming down soon (next 30-odd minutes) for a revision patch, which should resolve a bunch of stuff.
    edited April 2015
    These is a patch on PTS now that seems to have fixed the bugs with the Aztec Headdress.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    So the female Aztec helm is still only available under Half Helmets, the male version is available under hats, half helmets, full helmets and huge humanoid helmets.

This is a really cool costume that's losing a lot of potential due to color restrictions, category restrictions, and no material options. Major letdown.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah... really wanted access to this under monstrous / bestial head types. Oh well; another gold reward part I guess I won't be using.
    edited May 2015
    kaizerin wrote: »
    So the female Aztec helm is still only available under Half Helmets, the male version is available under hats, half helmets, full helmets and huge humanoid helmets.

This is a really cool costume that's losing a lot of potential due to color restrictions, category restrictions, and no material options. Major letdown.

Ain't no one got time for efficiency!
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the feedback, folks. Unfortunately, adding materials or breaking it into multiple pieces isn't in scope right now. We're definitely aware that this is important to you guys, though.

Not to be an ****, but it's been known for years that things like this are important to people who eagerly wait for new costume pieces. The piece is great, but it just feels like the designing phase took all the time, and it had to be rushed out the door.

Also yeah, still only under half helmets for females. Please don't say "screw it" and let this remain bugged like the female Vikorin shoulders.
    edited May 2015
    The more often new costumes get added with terrible color, material and placement options, the more likely that we'll never get a costume pass. New pieces need to be just right otherwise the messy pile just gets bigger and more impossible to clean up. You're giving yourselves more work to do in the long run.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Not just color restrictions, either, but 'weird coloring' as well. Would be nice to be able to color the back of the piece, instead of it just turning up as "really dark version of the fourth channel". Hope you weren't planning on using something other than black!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It really should have separate pieces. Like the Helmet part, Feathers as Side Accessory and Skull as Top Accessory. Coloring it would be so much better this way. Or like Special Accessory category for them, like some pieces have.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The more often new costumes get added with terrible color, material and placement options, the more likely that we'll never get a costume pass. New pieces need to be just right otherwise the messy pile just gets bigger and more impossible to clean up. You're giving yourselves more work to do in the long run.

I mentioned in the patch thread, and I think it bears repeating, that I'm pretty sure this is the first costume piece since launch without any sort of material option. I think that's pretty atrocious for a paid gold item.

That it isn't even considered worth fixing just makes it that much sadder. Seriously Cryptic, your news ad is trying to plug a LTS with this thing. $300 for something that doesn't even have a leather texture?
    edited May 2015
    The Dragon Armor set from Hi Pan's alert doesn't give you options either. I'm certain there are plenty of others.

The color channel inconsistency is especially annoying and has been more common a sight since the Victorian set.
    edited May 2015
    Agree with everything Buxom said.

Sadly once it's LIVE we are all SOL.
    edited May 2015
    Could we get a response from someone on this? This isn't just a "yeah sorry, we can't do this because not enough time". This was someone evidently forgetting an ENTIRE OTHER GENDER exists when going back over the allowed categories.

Seriously, did someone not scroll past M_Hats_and_Headwear and the other male categories to the female stuff?

Also, can I ask whose idea it was to include it under huge humanoid helmets but...not bestial or normal heads? Because...??????
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic North made all the new Helmets/hats available in the HEAD WEAR category

Making available for EVERY single different Head (Beast Heads, Monster Heads, Insect Heads) as well for both Gender making the Head Wear the most flexibly category

Please don't limit new costume pieces in categories like this, you are Clipping the tailor and reduce the possibilities
    We like having Freedom and Flexibilty on using costume pieces

Many categories are really useless alone, they need to get Merged
    The Dragon Armor set from Hi Pan's alert doesn't give you options either. I'm certain there are plenty of others.

The color channel inconsistency is especially annoying and has been more common a sight since the Victorian set.

THIS^

The Hi-Pan The Dragon Armor set is only available in Metal! Not Clothe no Leather just ugly Metal, really limiting the usage of it
    Especially the Chest Piece, if it was available in Cloth it would fit some of my Spellcasters

and Victorian Dress colour channels are still Broken
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And let's not forget the lovely leather and metal materials on the Scoundrel Jacket.
    cloth_zpsog64q43f.png
    leather_zpspqfnsomx.png
    metal_zpscybjjxpl.png
    edited May 2015
    Please tell them that this team shifting back will have better scheduling and communication. The issue with the new Gold reward is just telling that going back wasn't a good thing.
    edited May 2015
    ...Seriously? Still not a single response like "Yeah we're aware of the issue" or anything? Well, this is disheartening.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...Seriously? Still not a single response like "Yeah we're aware of the issue" or anything? Well, this is disheartening.
    They are aware. :P
    edited May 2015
    It is the weekend.
    edited May 2015
    It is the weekend.

Oh. I forgot those existed, dang. My bad.

Don't judge me! I just wanna use them on my characters! Don't look at me with those eyes!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It is the weekend.

A Day is a Day is a Day, can live it how you please.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited May 2015
    It's a pretty sad state of affairs with this new gold member reward. It could have been a really nice addition, but unless the problems with it are fixed and the suggestions made by testers on the PTS boards are implemented (and it seems they won't be) then, for me, it will just remain as one of those pieces that are never used.

It's not much of a reward for being a subscriber.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't care for the headdress. Neither do I - I think it looks completely dorky, and absolutely inappropriate for a superhero game, and adding textures and colors won't change anything about it.

However, some folks are putting it to use. And this is the third item given away that I have no use for (I also have no use for Lady Liberty's crown, nor the "Pilgrim" hat). On the other hand, since this is just a little bit of frippery thrown at us as a bit of a thank-you on top of the other perks for going Gold, I can't really get worked up about it, ya know? It's not like I had to spend any cash, or even part of my stipend, to get it - I'm not expecting much from this program, and am pleasantly surprised by the number of useful items I have gotten from it.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the costume piece. Request from others aside, it looks neat. I might have a use for it. Maybe not, doesn't matter, it was free.

Thanks again.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    You don't care for the headdress. Neither do I - I think it looks completely dorky, and absolutely inappropriate for a superhero game, and adding textures and colors won't change anything about it.

I disagree. Adding textures, colours and dividing it into different categories would redeem it completely. I only really make classic superhero toons and can think of many uses for it if it was done well.
    jonsills wrote: »
    However, some folks are putting it to use. And this is the third item given away that I have no use for (I also have no use for Lady Liberty's crown, nor the "Pilgrim" hat). On the other hand, since this is just a little bit of frippery thrown at us as a bit of a thank-you on top of the other perks for going Gold, I can't really get worked up about it, ya know? It's not like I had to spend any cash, or even part of my stipend, to get it - I'm not expecting much from this program, and am pleasantly surprised by the number of useful items I have gotten from it.

Cryptic are advertising these gold member rewards as one of the reasons to subscribe. So, frippery or not, perhaps they should have implemented this last one properly and listened to the people who went out of their way to test the item for them. You don't have to get "worked up about it" Jon, you can let others test the items, post the bugs and suggestions for improvement and maybe show them a little support for doing so.

This person knows the score.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited May 2015
    Most of the things being discussed are out of scope, unfortunately -- it's not too hard to incorporate additional materials in from the beginning, or make a two-piece set, but once the model has been made it's much harder to make those changes.

That said, categories aren't too hard. We're going to do a PTS push sometime tomorrow to add the three missing female categories to the headdress.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    perhaps it is time to solicit suggestions from the playerbase for future rewards, which might or might not be made, but could also spur the dev team to ideas.

Additionally, a minimum standard of available materials, categories etc for each of these rewards would provide a framework for the devs to work too.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    I think we need to establish what should be the norm for categories - Cryptic North pretty much had a everything goes trend. Costumes were listed under every category available to that region. While this does make the tailor look messy, it allows for much more customization.

It would be more ideal for the tailor to get an overhaul and many of the redundant categories removed/merged... but for now I think it's preferred that costumes continue the trend of everything goes.

The aztec headdress, even the male one, is very limited. No animal heads, nada. It should be opened up to all categories.
    edited May 2015
    I think we need to establish what should be the norm for categories - Cryptic North pretty much had a everything goes trend. Costumes were listed under every category available to that region. While this does make the tailor look messy, it allows for much more customization.

It would be more ideal for the tailor to get an overhaul and many of the redundant categories removed/merged... but for now I think it's preferred that costumes continue the trend of everything goes.

The aztec headdress, even the male one, is very limited. No animal heads, nada. It should be opened up to all categories.

Plus the bare minimum had always been with at least cloth, leather, & metal material. We shouldn't even have to ask for that.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    perhaps it is time to solicit suggestions from the playerbase for future rewards, which might or might not be made, but could also spur the dev team to ideas.

Additionally, a minimum standard of available materials, categories etc for each of these rewards would provide a framework for the devs to work too.

This idea, here ^^

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
This discussion has been closed.