What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141016.13/.14 PTS Update

radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is hitting PTS at 5:45pm Pacific today, 12/08/14

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.13:

Preview:
  • See the Debugger for a preview of the Urban Anime costume set, based on the costume contest entry by In54ni7yy.

Costumes:
  • The Reindeer Antlers now have a variant that fits the deer head better.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.14:

• Fixed issues with the Urban Anime set (missing pieces, textures, etc.) in the .13 build.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by radioscience on

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fantastic!

I haven't looked at it yet but I am so happy these guys are gettig their costumes made. I sure hope the other two get theirs as well.

here is the original piece: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4100671&postcount=101

Also is their any news on the charity items?
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What am i doing wrong? The pieces just show as invisible to me :confused:

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Good news for anyone wanting to make a Rayman toon or an invisible man :-p

edited December 2014
    Bug: Anime costume pieces not showing
    Where it happens: PTS
    What happens: When selecting any piece of the anime set for male, all items are invisble. When selecting anime wrapped skirt for women, piece is invisble

Suggestion #1 Please add more pieces to this set. I know it was a simple set but three pieces is not worth anything

Suggestion #2 Please add top to the chest wear and don't have it connected to the skin. Same can be said for the holoforce mask as well. Facial details and skin details are being ignored in these sets.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, at the very least we need those bracers. 3 pieces is not a costume set. It'll have to be VERY cheap with what it is currently. The pants might as well be the tights torn jeans, as it stands it's a variant of an existing part and 2 new ones, for girls.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Preview.

/10chars
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    REQUEST: Can the Urban Anime Tube Top be available under Chest Layer or Chest Wear as well? I'd LOVE to put it on top of skin/tights as say, a 'secondary layer' of clothing and such.

BUG: As mentioned, yes, the Urban Anime Wrapped Shirt (which is a Hips Layer item) is completely invisible on females.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    BUG: the following costume pieces do not show;
    Female,
    Urban Anime Wrapped shirt
    Urban Anime hood
    Urban Anime eared hood

What happens: The costume piece is present but invisible.

The following are not listed on the unlocked costume piece list:
    Urban Anime hood
    Urban Anime eared hood

When: all the time
    Where: everywhere
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lets hope the invisi bug gets fixed soon.

Also needs the boots, arm things, and vest...
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well the reindeer antlers look nice. The placement with the deer ears is a bit odd, but a quick google search shows that it generally comes off awkward looking on the real animal too :P

Can't see the anime clothes to comment, although i would echo the sentiment I've heard that it seems a bit sparse for a full costume set. Adding some more parts would help greatly. I see the request suggested adding rings with selectable emblems. Thats something thats been talked about since the old mage set came out. I'd love to see it come to fruition now. I'd also strongly request that this set be usable by both genders. Please don't give us another Harajuka debacle.

Still don't see why my guys can't have a bruce lee tracksuit jacket or teddy bear backpack...
    edited December 2014
    Well the reindeer antlers look nice. The placement with the deer ears is a bit odd, but a quick google search shows that it generally comes off awkward looking on the real animal too :P

Can't see the anime clothes to comment, although i would echo the sentiment I've heard that it seems a bit sparse for a full costume set. Adding some more parts would help greatly. I see the request suggested adding rings with selectable emblems. Thats something thats been talked about since the old mage set came out. I'd love to see it come to fruition now. I'd also strongly request that this set be usable by both genders. Please don't give us another Harajuka debacle.

Still don't see why my guys can't have a bruce lee tracksuit jacket or teddy bear backpack...

THe Urban Anime set is useable by males, you'd know this if you read the other comments. But right now, most of the parts are invisible.
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looking back at the submitted costume set....

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4100671&postcount=101

Need the hood, boots, arm sleeves, rings and hair. As it is right now, the 'set' wouldn't be worth buying. Also, the tube top would be nice in both Chest & Arms AND Chest wear because if our characters have tattoos... we're screwed.

Speaking of! Tattoos should be a separate layer but we'll work with one thing at a time. :P

And finally, I really do like the tube top.

Rose_sig.png
    edited December 2014
    soulforger wrote: »
    THe Urban Anime set is useable by males, you'd know this if you read the other comments. But right now, most of the parts are invisible.

Actually, I've pulled it up on my computer, and its not currently usable by Anyone.

That said, the only pieces that are visible, only work with females.

Edit: So far we've got:

Visible
    Urban Anime Tube Top (female only?)
    Urban Animel Leggings (female only?)

Invisible
    Urban Anime Turtleneck (male only?)
    Urban Anime Cat Belt (male only?)
    Urban Anime Hood w/ Ears
    Urban Anime Hood (female only?)
    Urban Anime Wrapped Skirt (female only)
    Urban Animel Ripped Pants (male only?)

So, as it says, most of the pieces are bugged right now. Some also don't seem universal. I'll buy that for the tube top, or the leggins, for obvious reasons :P But why are the wrapped skirt, cat belt, pants, and anime hood gender specific? Seems fairly buggish...but as I pointed out in an earlier post, Cryptic can be a bit...well cryptic when it comes to their gender guidelines.

I will say that there is a lot more going on with this set than you see at first glance. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, and I have at least one toon who needs those leggings :P
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cool more costume options :biggrin:

And I know this is a thread de-rail..but *HINT* Weapons Skins...guys... we needz mohr weapon skinz......
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited December 2014
    Actually, I've pulled it up on my computer, and its not currently usable by Anyone.

That said, the only piece that is visible, only works with females.

True enough, lol.
    edited December 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    Cool more costume options :biggrin:

And I know this is a thread de-rail..but *HINT* Weapons Skins...guys... we needz mohr weapon skinz......

QFT

Could we get some of the anime weapons repackaged with this set? :biggrin:

Or some new stuff. I'd love sais...
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bug: Urban Anime Tube Top isn't selectable when used with Chest Wear
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Massive Cockroach of a Bug: My Justice gear bonuses glitched and now are items in my inventory and are NOT applying to my gear. please make SURE you fix this before pushing live, or anyone who expended effort in getting justice gear will not be pleased.

This sometimes comes up for unknown reasons (also with Armadillo set bonuses, and such).

Try:
    1. Discarding the "bonus" item or storing it somewhere else
    2. Removing all gear from the character
    3. Log off, and back on
    4. Re-equipping gear.

That should fix any problems.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Suggestion: allow the anime top to be used for males in this state as well. I know it seems wierd to many but a lot of male anime characters dress in jackets with that kind of top. seems a bit wierd to me too, but hey, options.

Not just anime, I was thinking when I saw it could make an older version of Max from Where The Wild Things Are (with the island of the wild things being Monster Island in this case). This has to be available to male chars. I get that it is easier to model clothes for one gender model than two, but players do have characters of both gender and wish to use their purchased sets on both.

I havent logged in yet, but I have to echo others thoughts on the various parts - people like to combine costume sets and layers of costumes (just like in life).

Please provide a tube top as a chestwear option to wear over existing skin or tight options, indeed as part of this set you could include a chestwear vest/wifebeater shirt as an addition to female/male equivalent. This would certainly add value and extend the scope of the set's audience without losing the original vision.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Soooo why the Urban Anime Set?, its like only 8 parts and female only, why not the Steel Arachnid or the Variable Robot they are much better then "Anime"

but I guess on some good side of this set is it adds more and less sexiest costumes for females, that has been bothering me, and my god please let the hoddie work for insect heads, like to fit prorply.
    Psi.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bug: Mechanon Recognition Item - Action Figure #139 Junkbot
    What: Same Number as Action Figure #139 Mechanon Spider (dropped during event)
    Where: Coallition Vendor, Action Figure Interface

A small bug but surely easily fixed. I seem to recall it being reported previously.
    edited December 2014
    For your qularr wife? :tongue:

Uhhh..no?....

but really, Lizzy be great in this outfit
    Psi.
    edited December 2014
    rstzed wrote: »
    BUG: the following costume pieces do not show;
    Female,
    Urban Anime Wrapped shirt
    Urban Anime hood
    Urban Anime eared hood

What happens: The costume piece is present but invisible.

The following are not listed on the unlocked costume piece list:
    Urban Anime hood
    Urban Anime eared hood

When: all the time
    Where: everywhere

This bug happens all the time, no matter what head, Also only 4 Costume pieces?, where are the belt, gloves,boots,,jacket?

Also like I said, make the hoodies work for insect heads
    Psi.
    edited December 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Bug: Mechanon Recognition Item - Action Figure #139 Junkbot
    What: Same Number as Action Figure #139 Mechanon Spider (dropped during event)
    Where: Coallition Vendor, Action Figure Interface

A small bug but surely easily fixed. I seem to recall it being reported previously.

Why is this here?, its the most simplest bug, hell its not even a bug just a miscount.

your upset over this?
    Psi.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so the new three piece costume set, this..urban anime...well it seems to be slightly lower quality than most costumes sets released recently, combined with a pile of pieces being invisible means it was probably rushed slightly, which means the team is currently working on a lockbox or something which they are going to push live soonish [*hopes for a steampunk christmas lockbox*] but anyway enough rambling, i'd rate the costume at 6/10 too few pieces too many bugs, needs more....magic, after all it only had 3 pieces (that i could find in the tailor) to it..so that riases the question, why so few?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Urban Anime stuff seems super bugged out all around, but since no one else may have noticed.

Bug: Urban Anime Tube Top is missing the default body muscle normal map, resulting in losing all muscle slider definition when used.

A similar bug is also present with the gravitar haute couture with no lace body stocking variants. Albeit exactly the opposite, having maximum muscle definition all the time. Again, overriding your slider setting.

Snark never dies.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please please please make as many items as possible usable by either gender.

More options are better, and players use costume pieces in many creative ways that simply can't be predicted.
    I would say most people won't use these pieces to make anime-style characters, but will incorporate them to refine existing looks, or to create entirely different things.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Better luck next time.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Judging by where these parts are attached alone I can say that this may end up being the most disappointing costume set to date.

Use this chance to add a lot more hair styles to the set.

Also for Christmas, use your costume search function for the key words "flintlock" and "wheellock" and make all of those available in the game somehow.
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.14:

• Fixed issues with the Urban Anime set (missing pieces, textures, etc.) in the .13 build.
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That should take care of the problems everyone was seeing with the costume set. We're tossing all feedback on it from the first three pages and starting over from here.

.14 is up.
    edited December 2014
    BUG: Urban Anime Tube Top ignores Muscle Slider setting when used.
    BUG: Urban Anime Tube Top has Material issues (choosing Metal causes your skin to be metal).
    BUG: LOTS of clipping with the Urban Anime Vest in most stances. Pictures incoming once I can get Dropbox to work.

Issue: Vixen stance causes clipping issues with the Urban Anime Armwarmer (at the wrist) and the Urban Anime Wrapped Shirt (left leg clipping). One of many problems with Vixen stance as a whole (sadly, but we've kinda accepted it for those who use it).

Oddity: I'm surprised there's no textures available for most of the set, especially the Tube Top and Vest.

Request: Please offer the Urban Anime Tube Top as a Chest Layer/Wear item so we can use it as a 'second shirt' on top of something else.

Overall? I love the set and will definitely buy it. More casual looking costume options!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bug?: Nice attempt at adding hair physics, but the urban anime hair tends to wave and clip a lot, and looks kinda unkempt and goofy.
    Sounds like most anime to me...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited December 2014
    Emo hair? EMO HAIR!

Everyone covered the bugs well, so I'm just gonna say that I'm buying this yesterday please release now for great justice.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited December 2014
    Suggestion: Redo Boots. These are nothing new. These are boots we already have.

Suggestion: Add more colors to Urban Anime Fringe hair. Would be great for from gradient coloring and hair tips.
    edited December 2014
    Better emo hair. The old emo hair was kinda naff, really.

For the record, Radio, giving guys access to the cat ear hoodie as well? MORE OF THAT. Where were y'all when they were releasing the harajuku set? Stuff like the striped bracers and glasses low... I'm still upset about that. I can't make a good wise wizard without glasses on the tip of my nose. It's in the contract.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2801/1889/1600/dumbledore.0.jpg
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited December 2014
    Also, we COVERED the bugs well, sadly not all have been fixed.

I'm buying it yesterday but only as soon as they fix it before pushing live.

You have to remember that the only 'bug fixes' we got in this version are 'make it so you can pick the costumes in the first place'.

So now they can dive in and fix things.
    edited December 2014
    Bug: Clipping. Ubran Anime Wrapped Shirt clips with all leg tights etc
    edited December 2014
    BUG: Okay, lots of clipping bugs with the Urban Anime Vest. All these pics are taken while in the character creator using Default character sliders (unless mentioned):

Average stance:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/isp9rb666p39ih8/Bug%20-%20Average%20Stance.jpg?dl=0
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dvtkoltkvuuadxu/Bug%20-%20Average%20Stance%202.jpg?dl=0

Beast stance (although a ton of things are messed up with this stance):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y2mu8xewxlipkuu/Bug%20-%20Beast%20Stance.jpg?dl=0
    (notice the bright blue sticking out on the left breast)

Heroic stance:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uwf1ukogm5is9zy/Bug%20-%20Heroic%20Stance.jpg?dl=0
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/b841pxpzwupi6lp/Bug%20-%20Hroic%20Stance%202.jpg?dl=0
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/eyc4ocroqz5atlq/Bug%20-%20Heroic%20Stance%203.jpg?dl=0

Vixen stance, IF you raise the Body Slider above default (default is 1/4, this picture is taken at 1/2 - it only gets worse as it gets higher):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kre5oqo88cqvlyk/Bug%20-%20Body%20Slider%20Vixen%20Stance.jpg?dl=0
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm kinda saddened that the tube top removes muscle detail.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    BUG: Anime Fringe hair clips with the back of the neck.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Complaint: The urban anime set textures are horrible and flat.