test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant disconnects.

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Out of nowhere. SNR SNR SNR SNR...

What the hell happened all of a sudden? This needs fixing before the rest of steel crusade is live, namely today.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• Options
    fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Got booted out at 3 time. Yep, that's it I'm out of it.

When there's a maintence on tomorrow to fix that disconnects, maybe I hope.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Somone forgot to feed the server hamster,
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Theory 1 - Mechanon is doing this.

Theory 2 - it IS the Cryptic Server's fault...and it is NOT the Cryptic Server's fault

I just logged in to check as I was nosy. I'm outside the States, so it should even be worse, but I use the proxy server. I've been checking with my friends who use the proxy server, too. I'm fine, they're not. Seems like something geography based.

And your ISP is fine. It's whatever ISPs between the one you subscribe to and connects to the CO Servers that's the problem. Our enclave of friends also just told me Neverwinter is also SNR. I think the weak link is somewhere in between.

So the problem is somewhere between where Cryptic's Servers location and yours. Try a tracert pls.

--- UPDATE ---

So I did my thing and I think the PWE Servers are in Redwood City, California? Therefore:

Theory 3 - California's landmass finally broke off and is floating away towards Asia.

Players in California, quick, look out the window, does it look like the rest of the U.S. is moving further away?
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Had like half a dozen snr's while hosting Conquers wednesday CC. I lucked out didnt get kicked but it didnt make things easy for sure U_U
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it seemed to be all Cryptic games. Hopefully it will be fixed soon-ish.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And your ISP is fine. It's whatever ISPs between the one you subscribe to and connects to the CO Servers that's the problem. Our enclave of friends also just told me Neverwinter is also SNR. I think the weak link is somewhere in between.

So the problem is somewhere between where Cryptic's Servers location and yours. Try a tracert pls.

A very cogent line of reasoning.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Last night around 8st was pretty horrible for me, even with my horrible internet.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A very cogent line of reasoning.
    I see what you did there...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Doesn't seem to be fixed. The Launcher says the server is up and there is no maintenance alert. Patch downloaded. Can't get past the character selection screen without a server disconnect.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    They left their hamster in the hamper. a Hampster was the sad result.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Smirk and Trendy were just doing a livestream for a STO preview, and they mentioned internal network issues.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fun fun fun, after an evening of SNRs, I am was unceremoniously kicked from the game when leaving mechanon's room (thankfully after defeating him).

After two attempts to log back in and sticking at Retrieving List of Characters I closed the game and tried relaunching. The launcher pops up it's updating message box, then opts sitting at a black screen for ages. Now sitting waiting for the patcher to log in so i can click play.. 5 mins so far..

If anything things are worse than they were before the patch/maintenance
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    My launcher is now saying:

The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play is not affected.

I am sorry but not being able to log into the game is affecting my normal game play.. :mad:
  • Options
    fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Unstable server strikes back, again.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here, disconnecting with SNR every 5 minutes.
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When I first logged in today, it was fine, but it's getting progressively more unstable as time passes like something was seriously breaking down on the back end.

Also, last night it was unbearable.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    We've found some network issues, working on debugging them.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Good, because they were bugging me.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Whatever t is, it's brutal.. Killing my SG and chat and everything most despicably.. Is it Mechanon?

Or is it Cybermind? This would be right up his alley, he'd think this was funny.
  • Options
    mistergaymermistergaymer Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    I can't even login, now. I got disconnected, managed to login, got booted, again, and decided to restart the client. It's stuck at 'Loading. Please wait.' on a black screen for several minutes.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here, my entire team is trying to unlock the spacestation, and we can't talk in type chat, our voice chat is skipping and we keep DCing
  • Options
    mbauccombaucco Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It has been happening to me both last night and tonight, just got booted again. :P
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    according to their twitters the STO community managers have gone home after a 12 hour day.. i suspect TT may be off somewhere enjoying his own free time.

Guess we will find out when they arrive back in the morning if the server hamsters survived the night. (Personally I now think Caliga's crack squad of attack guinea pigs have infiltrated the PWE offices dressed as hamster mata hari's in order to distract the hamsters from their duties)

I got fed up trying to play myself and have been watching the Scottish independence referendum
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    They left their hamster in the hamper. a Hampster was the sad result.

Everybody Hampster Dance!
    -
    tumblr_mdqypg6Ta71rfvi3io1_500.gif

:biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I liked the version where you get to turn them into splatters of red paste.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I liked the version where you get to turn them into splatters of red paste.

THAT'S why the server's down...

There are no Hampsters left to spin the wheels. :rolleyes:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    being a glutton for punishments (and as the referendum is over bar waiting for the fat lady to gargle out her last strangled notes) I thought I would try and log in again (glutton for punishment)

SNRs on the Champions Reloaded screen

I am not holding out much hope for smooth gameplay.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if the server dies completely during the night.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Server is trolling me now.

In between SNRs (120s was highest, but 80s and 90s usual), I managed to run all the way from the new mission area to the ramps leading to rencen near the jet - and it unceremoniously dumped me right back next to silverback up in city center..
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I was getting some epic rubberbands like that too.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know it goes without saying at this point but... Holy mother of Tube Series Defender! What is wrong with the server? I mean REALLY!?
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Weird. I was getting hammered with them Wednesday night, but played for several hours after maintenance on Thursday and didn't get a one. I just assumed they'd fixed it, but apparently not.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Weird. I was getting hammered with them Wednesday night, but played for several hours after maintenance on Thursday and didn't get a one. I just assumed they'd fixed it, but apparently not.

It hit about 6:00pm PST and has been ongoing.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ah, that makes sense, then. I was long past in bed by then.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Server is trolling me now.

In between SNRs (120s was highest, but 80s and 90s usual), I managed to run all the way from the new mission area to the ramps leading to rencen near the jet - and it unceremoniously dumped me right back next to silverback up in city center..

LOL... That is cruel. "DENIED!"
  • Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ya same here spend more time watching the SNR counter then playing the game, started after their patch but its not only CO, its also STO. Not sure how they can justify charging people with this kind of performance. They should of closed servers last night to make emergency repairs this is pitiful.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    the tiny bit that I know is that it's not a problem with the server, but the intranet.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    dontaskdontask Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is the issue resolved? I like many others spent more time reloading the game, trying to get the patcher to connect or staring at the 'Champions Online Reloaded' screen for what seemed ages last night.

I was ina team of 5 to run all the new Mechanon dailies. Between all of our disconnects it took us 2.75hrs to complete all 4 missions. This was doing nothing else but grinding SNRs and these 4 missions.

What is being done to resolve this issue? I can't imagine Cryptic's data server provider would not be all over this to provide regular updates as well as progress on finding a resolution.

Its annoying at best - but as far as gaming, its crippling.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    gorram it!

Everything fine for the first hour im logged in and just pottering about between chars rebuffing 2x xp.

Then hit Brain Freeze - Marty and woosh.. SNR..

.. i have to say this is really sucking the fun out of the game for me.

HA HA HA Server trolling continues

Gave up on steel crusade stuff, was doing Stitch in Time alert on other char, SNRs began as we started Guy Sweetland fight, culminating in a huge SNR right before he dropped, that lasted long enough for me to see everyone else congratulate each other and pick up rewards, and then me being kicked out of the instance before i could get my xp and then disconnected...

Good Game Cryptic. Well played.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Really? Still? ugghhh... What in the world is going on?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    Really? Still? ugghhh... What in the world is going on?
    Yesterday morning Smirk and Trendy(the CMs for Star Trek Online) did a live stream preview of some stuff for the upcoming expansion to STO. The test server they were doing the preview on crashed... then shortly after the livestream crashed too. They later explained it as an internal network issue...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmmmm, happening to me too, thought it might be another reason but guess not. Welp, nice to know I'm not alone.:smile: