Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140602.23/.24 PTS Update

2»

Comments

• Options
    seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Suggestion: Please add a glow for the sheen effect on brushed metal for these costume pieces, like you have on the Holoforce pieces.
  • Options
    bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Exactly....the cheshire mask is no substitute.

What if you combine the two?
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,919 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Kaiserin
    Psi.
  • Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Alright after becoming gold again and messing with the set (I iz sad I lack most of the sets I have on live to mix it with the psi dragon set -.-) I must say I love it though I do agree with the issues and bugs others have found. I would also like to note the feet accessories seem to have some terrible clipping if you increase and decrease foot size and just don't mesh with a lot of boots in general. I do agree with Cyrone's suggestion and I also have my own suggestion for both the bracers and leg accessory pieces: Extra sizes.

Now hear me out, what I mean is basically making versions that would wrap around the gloves and boots they couldn't while still meshing well... Probably a impossible or at least expensive suggestion but, by giving a standard, medium and large sizes of the bracers and feet greaves, it opens up more combinations I think. Say for example you want the bracers with the Sci-fi gloves from the sci-fi soldier set, but as it is now they just don't work well, however going up to medium causes the bracers to fit onto the gloves more or less perfectly (or a easier method would be to make the bracers act like the nighthawk bracers and just fit with everything more or less.) Now for the feet... I don't know, they just seem odd in particular the left one, it clips with the calf in a standard heroic pose (by standard I mean standard settings on the character) and probably with different size settings. They also just don't mesh well with most boots (not even the skin tight long boots at times ti seems... I've only tested for male though.) They do seem to work fine with basically all short boot and feet I've seen bar exceptions with some. At the very least a foot guardless version and increased size version that wraps around the more used and larger boots might be a idea.

I know I don't have pictures but these are issues or weirdness I am certain others can agree upon when they look through the set again. Otherwise it is an amazing set... I do just have one other small suggestion, and it's for the eye pieces of both holoforce and the psionic dragon set and well possibly for any other eyes pieces that have many textures in the future. I am thinking hexagonal eye textures like bug eyes. You know kinda like how the insect eyes have that option? i would suggest giving them both metal and non-metal versions if this would be done and the ability to glow. I think that would spice up insectoid themed heroes a lot. And while I do know Liath designed the holoforce set to float, I do believe a option with the eyes to make them ether float off the face or set on the face would be a wise idea. i won't suggest this for the other pieces (though maybe the face plate too having this option?) *Ahem* I am sorry, it's just my mind makes me see many more uses for these parts. Still, amazing Kudos to Liath and Necra on those two sets, they are quite lovely and I am proud to own the holoforce set (and I will own that psionic dragon set when it is fix, cleaned up, and polished down like a good shoe and ready for the public... I'll own it the day it is released!)
    edited July 2014
    bobsy26 wrote: »
    What if you combine the two?

Thanks for the suggestion bobsy, but that ain't gonna cut the mustard :-(

P.S. I <3 your main toon!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We are currently pushing FC.31.20140602.24 to PTS.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.24:

Preview:

• Ninja Mask: The male version has been thickened to work with more short hair options.

• The Psionic Arachnid back piece has been moved closer to the back, and an alternate version has been added that is higher up the back. You will need to use the unlock item again to get this extra piece.

• The Psionic Dragon Wings now use the correct channel for glow.

• The Psionic Dragon male hips piece had a piece of geometry clipping through. Fixed.

Bug Fixes:

• The male Jackal head's materials no longer have skin.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well the updated arachnid piece doesn't seem to be unlockable for me, since I already have the main set unlocked. Jackal looks good though.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

[*]The Psionic Arachnid back piece has been moved closer to the back, and an alternate version has been added that is higher up the back. You will need to use the unlock item again to get this extra piece.

Got the Psionic Dragon Armor with the debugger to test the new backs, but when I try to unlock it, I get this message:

"Costumes for this item are already unlocked."
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug
    None of the psionic dragon head accessories are available under Monstrous, Bestial, Insect, or Huge Alien Helmet categories.
    In addition, on males, they are also unavailable under Huge Humanoid Helmets and Huge Rigid Helmets.
    These pieces should be available under all head categories, the way that (for example) the holoforce pieces are available in all categories.

In addition, could we get the psionic dragon top accessory available as both a "top accessory" and a "headgear" item, the way the Liberty Crown is?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    We are currently pushing FC.31.20140602.24 to PTS.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.24:

Preview:

• Ninja Mask: The male version has been thickened to work with more short hair options.

• The Psionic Arachnid back piece has been moved closer to the back, and an alternate version has been added that is higher up the back. You will need to use the unlock item again to get this extra piece.

• The Psionic Dragon Wings now use the correct channel for glow.

• The Psionic Dragon male hips piece had a piece of geometry clipping through. Fixed.

Bug Fixes:

• The male Jackal head's materials no longer have skin.

Thanks for the fixes :-)
    Well the updated arachnid piece doesn't seem to be unlockable for me, since I already have the main set unlocked. Jackal looks good though.
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Got the Psionic Dragon Armor with the debugger to test the new backs, but when I try to unlock it, I get this message:

"Costumes for this item are already unlocked."

I can concur with lastson and mal. I unlocked the Psionic Dragon set again and got that message. I checked the pieces in the tailor and the alternate piece doesn't seem to be there.
    morigosa wrote: »
    In addition, could we get the psionic dragon top accessory available as both a "top accessory" and a "headgear" item, the way the Liberty Crown is?

Yes please :-) Great idea!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I concur with with the concuring concur.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,098 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Psionic Dragon Foot Accessories should be under Leg Accessories.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug
    Live
    electric eyes not showing,also swirl and glow.
    changing Fx quality does nothing, requipping does nothing

Note this is from someone complaining in game.
    They got electric to work once, then it turned off.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG: Wrong colour channel is set to glow.
    Male & Female > Eye Accessory > Psionic Dragon > Brushed Metal
    Glow is on colour #4 instead of #2, like the rest.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So... Any ETA on when we're going to be able to test the changes on the arachnid back??
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i guess we can test it on live, also we can test the feather mask on live since we dont have access on the pts
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hmm, I do think this is at times where they should just open up every single costume option/item/etc to us for the PTS and just play it out how like we have been with new sets but whenever something needs to be re-unlocked... set it up so we lose the previous new unlock so we can unlock it proper. That said, there is something that is bugging me a bit with what Kaizerin said. If the foot accessory is a foot accessory... why should it be put in the Leg accessory section?
    edited July 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Bug: Psionic Dragon Foot Accessories should be under Leg Accessories.

Like bellatorex, I was a little confused by this. IMO there doesn't seem to be a problem with the naming of the foot accessory part. Here are images of it.....

screenshot_2014-07-31-10-53-28.jpg
    screenshot_2014-07-31-10-59-38.jpg

It seems to be under the correct category in the tailor.

However, there is a problem with the Leg Accessory part which bothers me......

BUG: Leg Accessory clips badly with hands/arms
    WHAT: Psionic Dragon Armor Leg Accessory clips badly with hands/arms when using the heroic and normal stances

Now, I don't know what solution you guys can put through for this. Personally, I would be happy with removing the spiked part of the leg accessory to eradicate this problem.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Or just making it a optional thing for those that want it and for those that don't.

Oh, right about what I stated earlier.

Bug: The clipping with anything that is a long or thick boot option (like say just long boot or the Robot Cowboy Boot) in the back of the foot accessory is kinda noticable, maybe making the back of the foot accessory optional might be a idea? That and there is clipping and tearing on the foot accessory when your bulk or foot size are increased. The piece clips with itself because of the back part and the outer section starts to bend and tear oddly.

9rG9l7K.jpg?1
    jjnisoo.jpg?1

As you can see with the second picture, the white speck inside each foot accessory near the knees is just a small example of the back piece bleeding through because the foot is bigger. Now grant it that is rather small but it'll get a lot bigger if you go a few more clicks. The outside shows minor tearing which in turn will get bigger with increased bulk/foot size. The first pick shows a example of long boot style pieces not quite fitting. Granted, many won't fit because of their design but that's nether here or there considering these pieces look like if some changes were made to the foot accessory, many more boots would fit better. In fact there should possibly be a larger, more big boot friendly version of the foot accessory that works with the bulkier boots. Don't know just throwing things out there.
    edited July 2014
    Bug Ninja mask ribbon
    Where it happens PTS
    What happens Defies Gravity?

10441055_10202298676094905_1706693279434821686_n.jpg?oh=16e765f6001785cb97034ba3f776cbe0&oe=543D74ED&__gda__=1413380280_0c9a887c24c580420a946dde1dcc6742

10410931_10202298676134906_5650528986560795232_n.jpg?oh=89808f95e927443bf5a09341d77a7535&oe=544991C1&__gda__=1413225077_ce9f2a958527d021ae577a093788ed3d

However it fixed itself after i teleported.. so i can't figure out what caused it.
    uc?id=1hYNDw2qpS_hNp9F__9OJHsJoL5wtuDdm
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,596 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You've encountered a very rare visual bug, talapari. It is not exclusive to the costume piece.

It happens to physics reactive visuals like capes and even travel powers that have a distinct skin (Dark Speed for example). It happens on live and it doesn't go away until the character visually resets or you leave the area of the character and return.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Or just making it a optional thing for those that want it and for those that don't.

Sounds like a good solution.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    tongi02tongi02 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    where are the LARGER shoulder pads as seen in the C-Store picture please?:tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tongi02 wrote: »
    where are the LARGER shoulder pads as seen in the C-Store picture please?:tongue:

Did you try making your shoulders bigger since that controls the size of shoulder pads?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    tongi02tongi02 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did you try making your shoulders bigger since that controls the size of shoulder pads?

Yes, but the picture in the C-Store showed bigger ones on the male in Holo form, where are those?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tongi02 wrote: »
    Yes, but the picture in the C-Store showed bigger ones on the male in Holo form, where are those?

If you mean the pink one in the upper right I think those are the back wings that set to holo mode since wings have a tendency to slump forward on flying characters. I will check later when I can.

Though I am baffled why you want WoW sized shoulders.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Though I am baffled why you want WoW sized shoulders.

Because the game already has them in many styles.
  • Options
    necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On a different topic, I was trying to contact someone in regards to the prize for the winners. Just wondering if we were going to get the set? I sent a e-mail to TT but haven't gotten a reply. Figured I would try here. Here's hoping.:biggrin:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    On a different topic, I was trying to contact someone in regards to the prize for the winners. Just wondering if we were going to get the set? I sent a e-mail to TT but haven't gotten a reply. Figured I would try here. Here's hoping.:biggrin:

Was really hoping you guys wouldn't get looked over again.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Bug
    PTS, possibly live

since the person complaining about it, doesn't seem to have posted it here.

you can use the psionic dragon head accessories under the "huge humanoid helmets" category on a female character, but not a male

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    Bug
    PTS, possibly live

since the person complaining about it, doesn't seem to have posted it here.

you can use the psionic dragon head accessories under the "huge humanoid helmets" category on a female character, but not a male
    morigosa wrote: »
    Bug
    None of the psionic dragon head accessories are available under Monstrous, Bestial, Insect, or Huge Alien Helmet categories.
    In addition, on males, they are also unavailable under Huge Humanoid Helmets and Huge Rigid Helmets.
    These pieces should be available under all head categories, the way that (for example) the holoforce pieces are available in all categories.

And yeah, this bug made it all the way to live.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    talapari wrote: »
    Bug Ninja mask ribbon
    Where it happens PTS
    What happens Defies Gravity?

10441055_10202298676094905_1706693279434821686_n.jpg?oh=16e765f6001785cb97034ba3f776cbe0&oe=543D74ED&__gda__=1413380280_0c9a887c24c580420a946dde1dcc6742

10410931_10202298676134906_5650528986560795232_n.jpg?oh=89808f95e927443bf5a09341d77a7535&oe=544991C1&__gda__=1413225077_ce9f2a958527d021ae577a093788ed3d

However it fixed itself after i teleported.. so i can't figure out what caused it.

i too can confirm this. I made it go away by switching stances. But when i reented tailor it reappears
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i too can confirm this. I made it go away by switching stances. But when i reented tailor it reappears

This is also the default stance of the ribbon for the live character selection screen.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Make this its own costume piece, would make neat antennae :3
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they are steering CO more towards the Sims....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    hmm this has interesting possibilities, along with the stretching magic girl cape.

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    given there was some discussion earlier about perhaps making a full head version of the ninja mask, i was playing around in sculptris and came up with this.

Suggestion: Wrapped Scarf Mask
    What:
    New Headwear. Available in all head categories, thick enough to allow use of various short hairs beneath.
    Headwear to allow use of various head/face options - rugged, stubble etc. Also to allow it to be combined with eyewear like speedster goggles or pulp goggles.
    Mask should also have an emblem area (like the Sci Fi Soldier Chestwear) to allow customisation. If it could have a couple of basic pattern options too - something like maybe rings around the eyes, basic stripe over front of face and top of head (if this could be done using 3 colors - left, right, center - it would allow creation of various flag style color schemes).

headmask_zpsc0d9495d.jpg~original
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    given there was some discussion earlier about perhaps making a full head version of the ninja mask, i was playing around in sculptris and came up with this.

What:
    New Headwear. Available in all head categories, thick enough to allow use of various short hairs beneath.
    Headwear to allow use of various head/face options - rugged, stubble etc. Also to allow it to be combined with eyewear like speedster goggles or pulp goggles.
    Mask should also have an emblem area (like the Sci Fi Soldier Chestwear) to allow customisation. If it could have a couple of basic pattern options too - something like maybe rings around the eyes, basic stripe over front of face and top of head (if this could be done using 3 colors - left, right, center - it would allow creation of various flag style color schemes).

lol @ your photobucket user name.

Yeah, this really needs to exist. Exactly as it is, in fact. I'd kill for another way to wear emblems, that's pretty legit.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited August 2014

What:

Beautifully done Liath.....I love the subtle creases on it too :smile:

Swashbuckler needs it !
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014

What:

I must have this!

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer