test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your BEST costumes here!

Comments

• drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wraith9th wrote: »
    Also, not too long ago, there was some talk of a new statue in town...

Statue_zpsef5d0012.jpg

:biggrin:

Funny enough there is a statue by the far bottom left corner of Ren Cen near the overlook of the river and port of Westside that I never seen before. Now there is this one too?! :tongue:

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dusk Wing
    tEdxbK1.jpg
    dEnPk3z.jpg
    X9nqvOi.jpg

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Funny enough there is a statue by the far bottom left corner of Ren Cen near the overlook of the river and port of Westside that I never seen before. Now there is this one too?! :tongue:

The statue that you are referring to ( south and west of the RenCen ) is The Memorial statue.
    -
    jAzzZA95pHSce3M2J3IiQ00AwqvACfOiAdVd9npOT5c=w1200-h675-no
    -
    It's dedicated to RL folks who were involved in CO but who have died in RL. For more information on why it even exist see THIS THREAD.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Well that makes much more sense now. Thanks for clarifying.

"Embrace your dreams"

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The thought struck me that I have like umpteen bird themed costume sets. It also hit me that I do a lot of dark and tech, and not a lot of clean bright retro looks. So? 2 birds, 1 cup. This is Mockingjay. Librarian by day, she discovered that she could project massive blasts of air when she shushed someone too loudly and knocked over all of the stacks of books. So, she made herself a costume, took on the name of her favorite book, and went out to fight some crime.

2eft8qg.jpg
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here is a new costume for one of my characters, Cosmic Crusader. I also changed his background to fit with his new look. Cosmic Crusader is one of the last few Cosmostructs. Cosmostructs are sentient life forms created from the merging of magic, technology, and dark energy. His purpose is to destroy those who create havoc throughout the galaxy.

34646kn.jpg

With his auras
    nzri3o.jpg

Some action shots
    beiro9.jpg
    jkjcex.jpg
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So this nightmare for veterinary dentists is Minoaix. Basically before the Minotaur was created the gods needed proof of concept for their fancy new curse, and for some reason Zeus happened to have a goat around. Since the test case was so successful they proceeded with the creation of the more famous mythological beast, and were so busy congratulating each-other that the first experiment had the chance to skulk off into the shadows. Now immortal, the unfortunate and extremely vengeful goat only reveals itself every few centuries...

Basically I finally got my hands on a colossus head and realized that when combined with the plush dino mask it actually ends up looking like a set of gruesome teeth. I love how CO's costume system allows even goofy parts like the dino set (and santa beard which is also in there) to be bent to such dark ends. :)

Gallery_Minoaix.jpg
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    So this nightmare for veterinary dentists is Minoaix. Basically before the Minotaur was created the gods needed proof of concept for their fancy new curse, and for some reason Zeus happened to have a goat around. Since the test case was so successful they proceeded with the creation of the more famous mythological beast, and were so busy congratulating each-other that the first experiment had the chance to skulk off into the shadows. Now immortal, the unfortunate and extremely vengeful goat only reveals itself every few centuries...

Basically I finally got my hands on a colossus head and realized that when combined with the plush dino mask it actually ends up looking like a set of gruesome teeth. I love how CO's costume system allows even goofy parts like the dino set (and santa beard which is also in there) to be bent to such dark ends. :)

Gallery_Minoaix.jpg

Oh hey that does look pretty grotesque, great use of the clipping here, that's a very unique look.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gallery_Minoaix.jpg

Hail Satan! 666! Il
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2014
    Gallery_Minoaix.jpg

Goat Simulator 2.0 2014

"Embrace your dreams"

edited June 2014
    Goat Simulator 2.0 2014

LoL. Now I just want to run around in the game taking pictures of him smashing stuff. :)

How I miss CoV Mayhem Missions...
    edited June 2014
    21cfb60.jpg

My first character for the archetype project. Iron Sentinel, the Invincible.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    21cfb60.jpg

Very nice! I want that chest piece so bad.
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, just what IS that chest piece? I might be able to work that into an alternate costume for my PA toon.

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

So, just what IS that chest piece? I might be able to work that into an alternate costume for my PA toon.

Crafted Arms costume unlock prior to On Alert patch. No longer available unless someone has one lying around.

"Embrace your dreams"

edited June 2014
    Crafted Arms costume unlock prior to On Alert patch. No longer available unless someone has one lying around.

Sonova....Oh well, thanks for letting know! :)

It IS still available through the legacy costume box your can buy for 60 drifter salveges. I'm assuming it will go for around 1000 G if someone gets it. The value of these seems to have went down recently, I got quite a bunch of legacy unlocks recently for okay prices. Try it ! Just type "blaster" in the costume unlock section of the AH.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited June 2014
    It IS still available through the legacy costume box your can buy for 60 drifter salveges. I'm assuming it will go for around 1000 G if someone gets it. The value of these seems to have went down recently, I got quite a bunch of legacy unlocks recently for okay prices. Try it ! Just type "blaster" in the costume unlock section of the AH.

Thanks, I'll check the AH. Strangely, as much of a costume nerd as I am, I still haven't opened a single one of those Drifter Legacy costume kits yet.

I sold mine for 5k but that was months ago. I bet you could sell it for 2.5 easy
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The best way I've found to get things from those legacy crafted costume boxes is to wait until just after a new lockbox is released, and then buy pieces off the AH as people try to sell whatever extras they got from opening the boxes.

Since the boxes are random, opening them yourself in search of any specific piece is probably a waste of time and resources - on PTR there was a point where you could get drifter salvage off the debugger; I went through a few thousand salvage spent on boxes and still don't have all of the parts unlocked on PTR. Stopped because I got tired of clicking so many times.
    edited June 2014
    it's called "Blaster large". I saw one a few days ago on AH for 300. The new lockboxes are really helping the crafted costume piece hunt, I'd say if they're charging all of that it's probably a ripoff. I got the leg pieces in that pic (armor mech) for 3 as well.

Dazee's right, but imo it's a hard piece to work with in general. It's so bulky and it doesn't attach at the back of the neck, so you really have to plan the whole costume around it. I used the 90s foxbat cowl on mine, it tied the whole thing together pretty cleanly. Just something to keep in mind if you decide to pick it up. I think it's notoriously the coolest piece that's almost impossible to use.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well then I definitely hate whoever bought that one a few days ago. I've checked 3-4 times a day for the last month, and haven't seen it come up at all, for any price.
    edited June 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Well then I definitely hate whoever bought that one a few days ago. I've checked 3-4 times a day for the last month, and haven't seen it come up at all, for any price.

I had that exact same problem with val's halo. I coulda coded one myself and hacked it into the server with how much time it took to find.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited June 2014
    it's called "Blaster large". I saw one a few days ago on AH for 300. The new lockboxes are really helping the crafted costume piece hunt, I'd say if they're charging all of that it's probably a ripoff. I got the leg pieces in that pic (armor mech) for 3 as well.

Dazee's right, but imo it's a hard piece to work with in general. It's so bulky and it doesn't attach at the back of the neck, so you really have to plan the whole costume around it. I used the 90s foxbat cowl on mine, it tied the whole thing together pretty cleanly. Just something to keep in mind if you decide to pick it up. I think it's notoriously the coolest piece that's almost impossible to use.

Thanks, 300 isn't so bad at all, I'll have to keep an eye out!

I had hoped to add it to a Millenia costume as a sort of 'mega blaster' armor set. If I can get it, we'll have too how creative I can get with it!

NAac7LS.jpg
    S5xyrjG.jpg
    m1Kh7Pa.jpg
    W7s9Rti.jpg

edited June 2014
    So this is my new experiment Critical Hit in honor of the awesome new Holoforce pack that allows him to exist.

What I'm seriously debating is making an alternate undamaged look for this guy where his head is still attached, then entering random alerts in that form. Then near the end I'd switch to his default look below and see how people react.

These are the sort of thoughts that amuse me. :)

Gallery_CriticalHit.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Behold... The Man-Eating Cosplay!
    screenshot_2014-06-13-13-08-58_zps21baf074.jpg
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So this is my new experiment Critical Hit in honor of the awesome new Holoforce pack that allows him to exist.
    Hm. I would've named that Critical Hat.
    edited June 2014

What I'm seriously debating is making an alternate undamaged look for this guy where his head is still attached, then entering random alerts in that form. Then near the end I'd switch to his default look below and see how people react.

Gallery_CriticalHit.jpg

It gave me a chuckle when I saw you in SoDLaG CC last night.

"Embrace your dreams"

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Gallery_CriticalHit.jpg

Haha! I didn't realize that was you. Gratz for winning the boxer cat in our SoDLaG CC the other day. :biggrin:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Gallery_CriticalHit.jpg

What did you use for the neck for the bloody look?
    edited June 2014
    What did you use for the neck for the bloody look?

Not 100% sure which element you mean, but the main bits involved are:

* Collar: Archer Collar
    (Color=Red)

* Chest & Arms: Piece=Tight/Material=Cloth Tight/Pattern=Flames
    (First color=Red, 2nd color=Pink skinish color,3rd color=Dull orange)

* Neck: Victorian Cravat
    (Color=Red)

* Back: 90s Foxbat Cape Mantle (no cape)
    (Color=Red)

Basically I put a lot of junk around the neck area to hide the geometry holes and make it look less flat.
    edited June 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    Hm. I would've named that Critical Hat.

'cept it's missing a hat. :wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Upgraded my power armor character A.R.E.S. with some holoforce awesomeness. This is currently my laptop's background.

th_ARESBackground1.jpg (click for full-size)
  • bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Upgraded my power armor character A.R.E.S. with some holoforce awesomeness. This is currently my laptop's background.

...dammit. That looks amazing.

I hate you.
    edited June 2014

If you're going to do that then THIS should be A.R.E.S. sound track.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited June 2014

Gallery_CriticalHit.jpg
    -
    I think I just found the missing head.
    -
    Zed-headandshoulders-001.jpg
    -
    :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited June 2014
    But, did anyone find his eyebrows?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • shamanofdawnshamanofdawn Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    menotrpa wrote: »
    Dusk Wing
    tEdxbK1.jpg
    dEnPk3z.jpg
    X9nqvOi.jpg

LOVE this! very nice... *sigh* can't wait to get my PC issues solved
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So. I gave making something Egyptian looking a shot, having just about never tried it before.

The result was a spooky headless Egyptian construct of some sort, here you go~

dd0ZtnQ.png
    I visit this thread too often.
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow, that looks really awesome.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited June 2014
    Great use of the new parts on the feet. That's pretty damn slick.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • biohazardgvirusbiohazardgvirus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My Character Steel Patriot
    sp_zps65e505a6.png?t=1403473866
    edited October 2016
    Edit: All moved to my costumes thread (see under my signature, below).
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That is brilliant MG. That's what I call an iconic look.

I was playing with some different ATs today and was quite happy with the initial costumes I created for them.

Helix (Impulse)

Astronomer and Physicist Eric Johnson thought he had discovered an new elemental particle while using his university's supercollider. The particle appeared only briefly but from his readings was impossibly massive for something so small, exhibiting enough shearing forces to pull the collider out of alignment. After some investigation Eric realised he had opened a dimensional rift to a microscopic universe and was actually viewing an entire spiral galaxy in miniature. Always fancying himself to be a bit of an adventurer at heart, Eric fashioned a special belt in order to direct the gravitational forces from this miniature galaxy into our dimension. Creating a costume to go with it, Eric took to the streets with the name Helix, intending to use this new power to fight crime.

TMD_Helix_zps73ef52da.jpg

Mosquito (Marksman)

Camille (Cammy) De Havilland is a former competitive archer, turned crime fighter. Has recently moved from her native London, to the USA as part of a UNITY exchange program. Took her name from the famous British multi-role combat aircraft which was a mainstay of british defence during WW2. Nicknamed Mossie by other british heroes.

TMD_Mosquito_zps970d2558.jpg

Flame (Inferno)

When Embeth Williams was 14 years old she discovered she was a mutant, a firestarter; able to create and control flames with her mind. Now 19 years old she has left her small midwestern home town and moved to Millennium City where she hopes to finally be able to user her powers for more than starting campfires. Taking the name Flame, she now patrols from West Side to Downtown protecting the citizens of her adopted home.

TMD_Flame_Collage_zps5dacb514.jpg
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    as much as i like heavy

wouldn't it depend on what the armour is used for

say stealth?

The Black and Cyan Toon woman on the small boxs you have there you got a Image of her too or a Database?

Link please she looks cool!
    Psi.
    edited June 2014
    That time again where I have a new character in my roster to show off :biggrin: This is my attempt of making a forest spirit. (I don't have the Swamp King set sadly so I had to work with what I got)
    2im5pxy.png
    70ezuw.png
    20i5xu.png

"Embrace your dreams"

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    decided to revamp sideris using the holo force for a more Nova/Space Cop inspired suit
    NAac7LS.jpg
    S5xyrjG.jpg
    m1Kh7Pa.jpg
    W7s9Rti.jpg

Nice Costume but you got an image of that black and blue tron looking girl?

She looks great and a close up whuold be nice
    Psi.
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cryneting wrote: »
    Nice Costume but you got an image of that black and blue tron looking girl?

She looks great and a close up whuold be nice

sadly lost most of the images i had of fracture when i changed PC and foolishly neglected to save my screenies *chides self for an idiot*

so as such i am unable to deliver a close up
    GrFFSUM.jpg *sniff* Q_Q you will be reborn my dear program