Install Arc
Options

Post your BEST costumes here!

Comments

• Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    68c8dk.jpg

A selection of my most complete heads and faces. In my opinion head makes or kill the costume. Sometime costume itself is great but if fails upon closer examination just because of distorted/awkward face.

I always do enjoy the looks of those with heterochromia eyes. The two middle ones I could swear I've seen them before walking around :tongue:

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I haven't done many costumes lately but this is my most recent one. A villain for one of my toons that will eventually become a part of my roster after a series of story arcs.

Jendayi_zps433473fc.jpg

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    hablaguy28777hablaguy28777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok my turn! this is might i wating for is more i like it but i tok my best to find a costume i don't want to take others costumes but here is the picture you all want to see

Tarantulaguy_zps1858b8c5.jpg

TARANTULA!

the powers gifted by Anansi anansi can give many arachnids powers on humans however Anansi gave a powers from a arizona blond tarantula from an american boy made a costume with dark blond and black with hairs calling himself for: tarantula!
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    68c8dk.jpg

A selection of my most complete heads and faces. In my opinion head makes or kills the costume. Sometime costume itself is great but if fails upon closer examination just because of distorted/awkward face.

Those are some really great looking faces there! And i totally agree with you, the face really does make the costume, i probably spend the most time making the faces for my costumes, so it matches the rest.

Great costumes everyone! Keep'em comin!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Jendayi_zps433473fc.jpg

Tarantulaguy_zps1858b8c5.jpg

TARANTULA

I think these both look great! Nice work guys! :smile:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Sometimes I feel like my costumes are too plain, and other times I feel like I just prefer simpler silver age type designs.

In either case, the first character I played for any length of time in this game - and the one I always keep coming back to - is Dynamo Lass:

aWySMEQ.jpg
  • Options
    hablaguy28777hablaguy28777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thanks i did what i got! :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ryllynyth wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like my costumes are too plain, and other times I feel like I just prefer simpler silver age type designs.

In either case, the first character I played for any length of time in this game - and the one I always keep coming back to - is Dynamo Lass:

aWySMEQ.jpg

Sometimes simple is best. This looks nice and sleek, a classic tights costume. Nicely done!

greatheroes_zpsc60497ee.jpg

I spent hours on them both.
    edited December 2013
    Someone wanted my dragon so here it is

[IMG][/img]Costume_Lerch2000_Draconis_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_441381056_zps3cbed9b0.jpg
  • Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    He he, was me (but in other acount XD) i like the head you use on it, and the color too, looks a very cool dragon ^^

Well, i will post some of mine creations, some i'm using and some other no. So fell free if somebody want get and use as a base for your projects :D

First my principal character Dragon Fire:

This one is the current in use XD
    Costume_vinxbr_DragonFire_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_435108822_zps0489a7a1.jpg

And a black version, i make based on a Devidramon (i dont know if i shoud say it but, i like digimons XD), but, was not how I wanted so i make some changes in some details:
    Costume_vinxbr_DragonFire_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_436640876_zps214f6b46.jpg

and, the last for now, one soldier who i make when i was trying some archetypes (i was trying various archetypes for my secondary character), but, i dont have he anymore XD:
    Costume_vinxbr_GeneralMetal_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_434682323_zpsbdcb9832.jpg
  • Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vinxbr wrote: »
    He he, was me (but in other acount XD) i like the head you use on it, and the color too, looks a very cool dragon ^^

The head is Demon Long Jaw if that helps not sure when i got it or how you can find on wiki.
    Have Fun
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    here are a couple...
    ChampionsOnline_2013-01-01_20-53-16_zps9e111fa1.jpg

Minecrash doesnt normally seem this bright in this costume
    ChampionsOnline_2013-01-01_17-49-11_zps9aa13134.jpg
  • Options
    meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Alright. I uploaded some costumes a while back, but I figure I could upload a few more? I don't know, have some.
    no63WWhl.pngpMLupyyl.png
    9u8wEaxl.pngkargugZl.png
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • Options
    jstar2jstar2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My character Titanium Wrecker. A bodybuilder who participated in an experimental program to get bigger, stronger, and have more energy and power. It worked, but caused, for reasons unknown, his hands to deteriorate at such a rapid pace that he needed to get them amputated. He had them replaced with titanium wrecking ball like fists.

11582303613_b4b696f8de_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    jstar2 wrote: »
    My character Titanium Wrecker. A bodybuilder who participated in an experimental program to get bigger, stronger, and have more energy and power. It worked, but caused, for reasons unknown, his hands to deteriorate at such a rapid pace that he needed to get them amputated. He had them replaced with titanium wrecking ball like fists.

11582303613_b4b696f8de_z.jpg

I remember you, I stood next to you during RA's CC on Friday. I really liked his design.

Also to the others above, love 'em.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Made a few upgrades to cobra's armour
    HRD2NhA.jpg
    to the Recon Unit
    mZRRaTB.jpg
    and by the power of the robot samurai head

...i have tri-goggles
    3zBCgFk.jpg

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meeoeoowie wrote: »
    pMLupyyl.png

This one is downright inspiring.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pMLupyyl.png

That sir is black-redding done right
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pMLupyyl.png

That sir is black-redding done right
    That's not blackred - that's blackyellow.

This is blackred, although without the glow...
    NewBlackwing_zps7fa94c75.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I usually make urban-themed heroes, constantly reusing parts from the Urban Defender set. I got tired of that, so I thought to myself "Why not do something different, ya goof? D:<" So I went with armor.

I'm no good at costumes, and my imagination is fading, but for once, I can say that I'm truly proud of my work. :D

Champion Drake
    Champion_Drake_zps821fea62.png

EDIT: Sorry for the low-res, I've got no idea how to take high-res screenshots. >.<

EDIT2: Going through all of these costumes has reignited my imaginary flame! I've gotten so many ideas from this thread alone! I feel the need to boot up MS Word now. :3
    Champions: @ace112233
  • Options
    diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I usually make urban-themed heroes, constantly reusing parts from the Urban Defender set. I got tired of that, so I thought to myself "Why not do something different, ya goof? D:<" So I went with armor.

I'm no good at costumes, and my imagination is fading, but for once, I can say that I'm truly proud of my work. :D

Champion Drake
    Champion_Drake_zps821fea62.png

EDIT: Sorry for the low-res, I've got no idea how to take high-res screenshots. >.<

EDIT2: Going through all of these costumes has reignited my imaginary flame! I've gotten so many ideas from this thread alone! I feel the need to boot up MS Word now. :3

Ooh, I like, feels like it belongs in Heman or something
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    UiUkroy.jpg?1

Lamia princess, yayyy.

Or naga. Whichever you wanna call it. They're kinda mishmashed together now.

Kyouko@ethNargy
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    UiUkroy.jpg?1

Lamia princess, yayyy.

Or naga. Whichever you wanna call it. They're kinda mishmashed together now.

Classy use of screenshot cropping and emotes there!

In all honesty that's really well put together. Still sort of curious as to how it looks with the feet included in the shot.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bluhman wrote: »

In all honesty that's really well put together. Still sort of curious as to how it looks with the feet included in the shot.

Oh, the legs ARE included in that, and the feet are underground. There's nothing that I cropped out!

_________
  • Options
    spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Decided to experiment in the tailor a bit with existing costumes. I really like these outfits so far!

Ebon Widow's 2014 redesign.

Ebon_Widow--Orion_Crisis.jpg

Night Spider (Late 2013 to present)

Night_Spider_2013-8.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bluhman wrote: »

If you look closely, she has the bone hip armor on and those can remove the legs from the hip to the boots under the right circumstances. So when sitting it looks like they have no legs.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Edit: All moved to my costumes thread (see under my signature, below).
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    and it looks fantasic....great colours and very clever work!

I have finally managed to make a Victorian Steampunk outfit for Britannia that I like thanks to the cake skirt!

The jetboot flames and vapour trail coming out the bottom of the skirt look great.....she must have some serious equipment hidden up there, heh.

BritVic2.jpg

BritVic1.jpg

BritVic3.jpg

BritVic4.jpg

i Absolutely LOVE the look of this costume.. god damn.. @_@, although i was kinda half expecting the legs to be steampunkish with a Knight sorta look, but i guess you put the cherry on top of the icing and made it even better.

• Options
    piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi guys! Very nice costumes and I'd like to contribute! :)

Here is Crown, my low-level Celestial character. He is 16 years old, so it was kind of hard to recreate that childish aesthetic, but I think I did fine! The part I'm most proud of in this costume are the wings. I was tired of watching bird wings flap as I had overused them in my other characters. I needed a way to portray angel wings with a touch of edge and youth, so I discovered this: combining "Big Angel Wings" with "Steelhawk" bracers. As you can see, it's so cool! It looks especially good with travel powers such as Flight and Rocket Jump (you know, with the pose at the end.)

tumblr_mz302ejtVf1qly2qlo1_500.jpg

As you can see, awesome four-winged edgy angel! I have a small tip for you guys: combining the baseball shirt and bike short with armband wrapped and the legs accessory version (respectively) can create a rolled up effect, as seen in my costume.

tumblr_mz302ejtVf1qly2qlo2_1280.png

My focus of course was to make him look young so I used cream and pastel blue (you can't really see but it's on the shirt) for my coloured version. The second picture is his raven form.

My next contribution aren't even costumes. I have this character who is a telepath, but on top of that she is a businesswoman! I like to pretend that whenever she's on instance missions (like warehouses, etc. which is like 75% of the time), she's actually going on a business errand/meeting and she does it with style!

tumblr_mz302ejtVf1qly2qlo3_1280.png

I know, what the heck am I showing you? But I really enjoy these costumes, and I think it's one of my greatest ideas in the game. I like them, they're elegant, and a breath of fresh air in a community filled with overwhelming and very heroic costumes. I like what I did with the 3rd one, and the 4th one is her biker costume.

So those are my contributions guys, thank you and gladly well done to those who have contributed as well.

On a stylish note, here is Miss Anna Wintour to critique your heroic fashion.

tumblr_mz304a5pmU1qly2qlo1_500.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!
  • Options
    dorinthdorinth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This here is the Armored Torch. I love this costume to death.

Linked for size

Back shot

Action shot
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    i Absolutely LOVE the look of this costume.. god damn.. @_@, although i was kinda half expecting the legs to be steampunkish with a Knight sorta look, but i guess you put the cherry on top of the icing and made it even better.

Thanks for the complement man, high praise indeed as I love your costumes. I was pretty pleased with how it came out too:smile: Mainly because I managed to keep my Patriotic British superhero theme as well as pulling off the Victorian Steampunk look.

Edit: All moved to my costumes thread (see under my signature, below).
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nothing really new on my end but i tried using some parts that i really cant find a match for, finally had a use for them. And here they are:

Reptelion:
    screenshot_2014-01-06-00-07-11.jpg

Just playing around with the Vikorin helmet i finally got from a friend that was kind enough to gift me one. Basically playing around with aztech's head again and tried to go for another godly look or something.

Crysik Redesigned..

His old look:
    screenshot_2013-08-04-01-16-25_zps6f03359b-1.jpg

New look:
    screenshot_2013-12-21-13-51-44.jpg

Im fairly happy with this new look of his but i think the helmet could use some work. This is actually also the first time i found a great use for those shoulder pads.. XD

I know i do too many armored designs.. i might try making a tights hero and villain... one day..

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ( pardon my snip )

Crysik Redesigned..

His old look:
    screenshot_2013-08-04-01-16-25_zps6f03359b-1.jpg

New look:
    screenshot_2013-12-21-13-51-44.jpg

Im fairly happy with this new look of his but i think the helmet could use some work. This is actually also the first time i found a great use for those shoulder pads.. XD

I know i do too many armored designs.. i might try making a tights hero and villain... one day..

These look really cool. Would you mind posting the Costume file from the CO Screenshots Folder. I'd love to look at all of the parts you used to build it. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    These look really cool. Would you mind posting the Costume file from the CO Screenshots Folder. I'd love to look at all of the parts you used to build it. :smile:

Here you go. :P

Costume_XG3NX_Crysik_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_431506825.jpg

• Options
    summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    @themightyzenith: Wickedly awesome steampunk set there! I remember actually seeing you on the Ren Center with my alt, though! :tongue:

But yeah, Lorewise, my main has passed the torch to his adoptive daughter and now she is the new Fantomask!

2zjl5x2.png
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Here you go. :P

Costume_XG3NX_Crysik_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_431506825.jpg

Thanks. Very cool. :cool:

I experimented with it to learn what I could. Have a look at the parts I used.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Armor+Var+8goldA_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_442729029.jpg

I think I only changed 6 parts, plus the color here and there, plus the chest disc symbol. Note - Even if I had wanted to, the CC would not let me use the feet you chose.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I've grown very fond of this thread, so I want to throw more stuff at it. That is how friendship works, after all.

I present my latest character, which I have decided to make a big deal out of right now for some reason, Turpentine!

7SkcEqe.png

She's a flame slinging steampunk automaton! (She's also inspired by my favorite band. You get a virtual bucket of cookies for guessing it right~?)
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    (She's also inspired by my favorite band. You get a virtual bucket of cookies for guessing it right~?)

Steam Powered Giraffe??
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If I must choose...

Myriad_zps89803e77.jpg
    Myriad

Gamma_zpsd1806c5c.jpg
    Gamma

&

Novawing_zps3b7e43bb.jpg
    Novawing

These three are at the top of my list for costume design...

and an honorable mention to Pulse...

Pulse_zps0f2ff41e.jpg

I get a lot of comments about her costume when I play her... so I guess a lot of people like it.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Steam Powered Giraffe??

Well you decided to make short work of that. *Virtual bucket of cookies*

Damnit.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well you decided to make short work of that. *Virtual bucket of cookies*

Damnit.

LOL *noms cookies and shares with the group* I love them too hehe
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still love good old Cap's costume. It's a timeless classic (IMHO of course). I can't imagine changing it. I wanted the iconic look of an iconic hero, something that borrowed from the familiar while still making it all his own.

28v66fb.jpg

And I'm really happy with how Lightwave turned out. He started life as an energy blaster in CoH, but in CO he's become much closer to what I imagined, and with a fantastic update to his costume!

at6z8.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Most of my outfits are pretty simple everyday clothing, but I tried making a more retro character once. Never was too sure about the purple belt and leggings, but I could never pick another color I liked. Still, I'm pretty happy with what I managed to do with her top.

Hologrammacloseup.png
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lightwave costume looks great!

And also the lady just above is really cool, the top is amazing. I like the purple stockings as well. The belt indeed feels off somewhat, but I guess it's there for concept. Try possibly the 1000 nights belt?

• Options
    moxiedangermoxiedanger Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It might just be me, but if you hold your thumb over the retro lady's belt buckle, the costume improves quite a bit. Maybe try to match it with her brooch/pouch buckles, or gloves?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You know, I'm really loving all of these heroes with these classic looking costumes.

Maybe it's time to invest in the Golden Age costume set.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    All the classic costumes look great. I particularly like Capt Millenium!

And yes Zed, it's far past time you had the Golden Age set, one of my favorites and very versatile. ;)

kharma23 wrote: »
    All the classic costumes look great. I particularly like Capt Millenium!

And yes Zed, it's far past time you had the Golden Age set, one of my favorites and very versatile. ;)

I'll get there eventually, in the mean time, I'm still impressing myself with the fact that I can have heroes dressed like this even without adding any sets.

SpaceHawk-001.jpgCostume_ZedBrightlander_Spacehawk_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_416366524.jpg
    -
    I dare not take full credit for this. Dinah Might made Battleship. I loved it, but could not use all of the parts she choose. I had to change only three parts (I think plus I wanted a cape) and it was still gorgeous to me. I do not think I had ever created anything this complicated with the standard beginners costume set.

This proved to me that I am still a student on the CC. If I can become a master of the basic palette of the CC, then I will definitely begin adding more options, more colors if you will, to my palette. :smile:

In order to push myself, I joined with some other costumers to post a costume a day.

If you want to join us, kharma23, you would be most welcome. :-)
    ZedBlock-200.jpg