Comments

• Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    L2P nooobs! :tongue:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    THat's the kind of attitude that killed PvP once the rewards for putting up with it got yanked.

Don't be so fragile.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Remember the definition of madness.

not thinking the same way as the majority of people
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Otherwise, PvP stays dead. No skin off my nose.

Ew... Gross.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Actually "doing the same thing twice and expecting different results."

The 'majority' want no part of PvP, so the onus is on the PvPers to draw them back in. Since attitudes seemingly have not changed.. enjoy the state of PvP as it stands. It seems colossally unlikely that Cryptic is going to reinvigorate the rewards scheme at this point,so the only way things are going to change is to change attitudes.

Otherwise, PvP stays dead. No skin off my nose.

Here's an idea.. you should change your attitude. First of all, I was nicely teasing imp because he stopped playing in favor of Neverwinter. Second of all, and this is maybe the 3rd time I've said this in this thread you seemingly didn't bother to read, Cryptic screwed this game up not the players. Have you played ANY competitive game ever? Trolling is rampant on the Internet. Not sure if you're aware :tongue:

So please, take a step off that pedestal.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    oobtree wrote: »
    Here's an idea.. you should change your attitude. First of all, I was nicely teasing imp because he stopped playing in favor of Neverwinter. Second of all, and this is maybe the 3rd time I've said this in this thread you seemingly didn't bother to read, Cryptic screwed this game up not the players. Have you played ANY competitive game ever? Trolling is rampant on the Internet. Not sure if you're aware :tongue:

So please, take a step off that pedestal.

I'm actually not playing NW so actively any more either, currently doing competitive PvP with my gaming community NiD on Wildstar while playing ArcheAge Alpha with green. ;)

And yes, many people can't take jokes.

And no, many people haven't played competitive PvP in any games.

And yes, not even in FPS games probably.

And maybe, no.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm actually not playing NW so actively any more either, currently doing competitive PvP with my gaming community NiD on Wildstar while playing ArcheAge Alpha with green. ;)

And yes, many people can't take jokes.

And no, many people haven't played competitive PvP in any games.

And yes, not even in FPS games probably.

And maybe, no.

Wildstar. It looks funky to me. ArcheAge looks interesting for sure. How well are you guys getting along in it? It looks challenging. Make some videos !
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wildstar. It looks funky to me. ArcheAge looks interesting for sure. How well are you guys getting along in it? It looks challenging. Make some videos !

I have made a couple of really random videos on archeage but I didn't manage to record any of the actual pvp we did. It was pretty fun though. I have a random for fun duel with green using fish in both hands, don't know if you watched that one. ;)

I have a recording of a wildstar PvP match though now if you wanna check it out. Just a match I ran with some guys in NiD.

http://youtu.be/wLgKz8WkFMk
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Last night was a pretty good night for Hero Games, got in a bunch of ZA and at least one of each of there others(besides UTC King of the Hill because I got the boot) Everyone was reasonably polite and good times were had.

Fix the boot bug cryptic. players try to show some class for godsake, and pvp may yet live!(albeit as a shambling zombie for those people who like the challenge...we'll probably need better rewards aswell to really bring it back.)
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Fix the boot bug cryptic. players try to show some class for godsake, and pvp may yet live!(albeit as a shambling zombie for those people who like the challenge...we'll probably need better rewards aswell to really bring it back.)

I think this sums up my feelings about PvP rather well. I have mentioned before that I rarely PvP due to my own personal experiences, but I did play ZA a bunch when I first started in Champs. To me it was a unique setup and one that newer/non-avid PvP players (if they don't exploit) can thoroughly enjoy since it's a blend of PvE and PvP. That being said CN, you NEED!!!!! to fix this queuing issue, it's hard to even encourage players to join something if when they've tried to and get booted just turns them away from being able to even try in the first place.

And yes, it's much more appealing to play things in this game if you have a good carrot on the stick to entice long time and new players alike.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually "doing the same thing twice and expecting different results."

Actually that's not the definition of madness at all. Even OCD doesn't work that way, because the person is doing things repeatedly so that something different will NOT happen. I don't think there's any form of insanity that remotely follows the description of "The patient does the same thing twice and expects something different to happen".

This especially becomes ridiculous when you realize that there are in fact many cases where doing the same thing twice can have a different result. For instance, watch a baseball game: The pitchers will throw the same pitch many times during the game, but there will be several different results that include strikes, fouls, bunts, homeruns, etc...

Myth busted.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I don't really think he was stating a fact at all in the true definition of "madness" in fact he was quoting Einstein but quoted him wrong as that was Einsteins definition of insanity NOT madness. So... GG?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

According to Google the definition of madness is infact:

- The state of having a serious mental illness.

- Extremely foolish behavior.

- A state of wild or chaotic activity.

The last one means I suppose you could kind of think of coPvP as madness however calling the players of CO mad is like saying the reason PvP doesn't kick off is because we are too wild or chaotic. I always thought we were rather calm. :<
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Actually that's not the definition of madness at all. Even OCD doesn't work that way, because the person is doing things repeatedly so that something different will NOT happen. I don't think there's any form of insanity that remotely follows the description of "The patient does the same thing twice and expects something different to happen".

This especially becomes ridiculous when you realize that there are in fact many cases where doing the same thing twice can have a different result. For instance, watch a baseball game: The pitchers will throw the same pitch many times during the game, but there will be several different results that include strikes, fouls, bunts, homeruns, etc...

Myth busted.
    Yeah I don't really think he was stating a fact at all in the true definition of "madness" in fact he was quoting Einstein but quoted him wrong as that was Einsteins definition of insanity NOT madness. So... GG?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

The last one means I suppose you could kind of think of coPvP as madness however calling the players of CO mad is like saying the reason PvP doesn't kick off is because we are too wild or chaotic. I always thought we were rather calm. :<

Look at you two. Peas in a pod. Hao cute.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    06-15-2014 Hero Game B.A.S.H.  Me is back. o3o
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Myth busted.

I think you are making a big mistake there.

You mentioned random experiments. The quote is about deterministic experiments.

Here's something interesting: link
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »

I had the biggest grin on my face when I clicked on that. I was just thinking (I wonder what song Jewel used) and it was just kind of funny when it was a song I had just listened to an hour ago. <_< http://youtu.be/IDLMp5R1alQ \0/

Nice video. ;D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I had the biggest grin on my face when I clicked on that. I was just thinking (I wonder what song Jewel used) and it was just kind of funny when it was a song I had just listened to an hour ago. <_< http://youtu.be/IDLMp5R1alQ \0/

Nice video. ;D

TY! :D

Miku is the best BGM for my Magical Girls PvP. xP
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This happens sometime.
    06-18-2014 Champions Online Hero Game B.A.S.H. Full HD Wonderful game. Good fight for everyone. o3o
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    NANI?! o3o OPPAI PVP VIDEO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    NANI?! o3o OPPAI PVP VIDEO

xD xD xDoppaixD
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What do you use to create your videos?
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    What do you use to create your videos?
    I use Banidicam for capture and Cyber Link Power Director for editing. :3
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Todays last one. Epidemic-Devil rush o3o
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Einstein: Great at math, terrible at everything else. Of course, we can see the roots of the quote quite easily... Einstein was a math guy... 1+1 will always equal 2 no matter how many times you do it. Einstein was enacting another quote when he said the insanity thing... "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"....or to Einstein it "When the only thing you're good at is math, you try to apply math to everything".

The question then is... how did such an obviously and thoroughly flawed saying become in any way popular or commonly acknowledged? I mean hell, he's pretty much preaching the opposite of "If you fall off a horse, dust yourself off and try again"! Einstein bad man u3u
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Einstein: Great at math, terrible at everything else. Of course, we can see the roots of the quote quite easily... Einstein was a math guy... 1+1 will always equal 2 no matter how many times you do it. Einstein was enacting another quote when he said the insanity thing... "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"....or to Einstein it "When the only thing you're good at is math, you try to apply math to everything".

The question then is... how did such an obviously and thoroughly flawed saying become in any way popular or commonly acknowledged? I mean hell, he's pretty much preaching the opposite of "If you fall off a horse, dust yourself off and try again"! Einstein bad man u3u

Einstein was a physicist, a theoretical physicist.
    Again, in a deterministic experiment 1+1=2, always.

And to paraphrase your quote, when you are bad at maths, you blame them for everything.

The rest is just a rant about things you don't understand.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sparkstorm!!! o3o
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    chaelk wrote: »

I try to fight in melee range when people are melee. o3o
    [Sparkstorm] is good power then many people think. Esp. in Fire & Ice. We can take care the Frosen sphire Hold by self own service.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Omg jewel you should do what I was always planning on trying and make a Railgun build using things like gigabolt and bind it with the flipcoin emote so you flip the coin then a big blast of lightning one shots people. ;D

Or stack up lots of throwing knife devices or use shirikans I suppose with teleport spam. <_<
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Omg jewel you should do what I was always planning on trying and make a Railgun build using things like gigabolt and bind it with the flipcoin emote so you flip the coin then a big blast of lightning one shots people. ;D

Yup I imagined BiriBiri build by my self. I'm level five. o3o

Or stack up lots of throwing knife devices or use shirikans I suppose with teleport spam. <_<

Throwing Blades!!! o3o
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Einstein was a physicist, a theoretical physicist.
    Again, in a deterministic experiment 1+1=2, always.

And to paraphrase your quote, when you are bad at maths, you blame them for everything.

The rest is just a rant about things you don't understand.

I haven't played in a while so I forget who you are and why you're so mad at me :|
    Whatever, I don't care anymore so I guess I apologize for ganking you in BASH or whatever it was :)
    You may now move on with your life ^_^

Also, just to be sure you noticed it...
    chaelk wrote: »
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    On a lighter note I found something fairly funny for people who know about being men of action in PvP.

Are you a man of action?

The funniest thing about this was when I uploaded it to tinypic this was what it asked me to type.

Man of action upload.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I said it before will say it again CO PvP has to many try hards none of which have ever posted here. That use every crutch move and every device possable that cry like little girls when AT players like Ozzy ( hes is an annoying blowhard but does have some skill ) kills their FoTM superbuild from 100 ft with a Soldier AT XD

Stop the try hards more casual players will join in.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Care is the most important thing to enjoy.
    Hero Games are entertainment sport, we are not doing war.
    Don't be so serious to other players. o3o
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    I said it before will say it again CO PvP has to many try hards none of which have ever posted here. That use every crutch move and every device possable that cry like little girls when AT players like Ozzy ( hes is an annoying blowhard but does have some skill ) kills their FoTM superbuild from 100 ft with a Soldier AT XD

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I do wish there were more, PvP for fun, type players...where it's a good experience, win, lose, or draw.

Lately, I've been seeing more and more of those types of people, which is awesome...but you still have those you mentioned who give PvP a bad name, unfortunately...and it's a big reason why I can't get any of my SG members to join me in there.

It is what it is, I guess.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    alexandrafreyaalexandrafreya Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I have to admit I do tend to stay clear for Hero Games and very rarely duel in CO...It's not even that I'm not a fan of PvP...It's just I'm not interested enough to make a build that can hold out in PvP, and the rest of my characters are PvE builds.

I'll do think the latest PvP event is key to bring in new players to PvP...however, I also think the latest event only highlighted the key problems to why many avoid PvP, that is only players who are heavily into PvP will actually really do any.

The Latest event simply showed anyone who isn't PvPing at the moment but turned up to have a look anyway that unless they build to fight against the strongest PvP builds their chances will be pretty slim.

Which honestly I think will only back fire if the purpose of the event is to try and bring in new players.

Of course I Don't mean to sound as though anyone is going about things wrongly, Let's face if you enjoy PvP of course you are going to try and win...it would be just silly not to. The problem itself lies in an unbalanced system...but I don't see that getting fixed anytime soon, which means ether non PvPers builds heavily for PvP or PvPers build less for PvP...I don't see ether happening..at least not in large numbers.

That is at least how I see things, Not that I can say for sure on numbers of course...As far as I know the latest event brought in a large new group of PvPers...in which case great :) but all I know is I was there..and it didn't make me want to start trying to get into PvP...Sorry...It's not even that I think PvP events are a bad idea...they're really not and I think whoever pushed and held the last one should be praised for a job well done :)

Sorry If I ranted abit there...

Alexnadra.
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

I do wish there were more, PvP for fun, type players...where it's a good experience, win, lose, or draw.

Lately, I've been seeing more and more of those types of people, which is awesome...but you still have those you mentioned who give PvP a bad name, unfortunately...and it's a big reason why I can't get any of my SG members to join me in there.

It is what it is, I guess.

The one's "giving PvP a bad name" are now a very small minority within the minority of PvPers who play the Hero Games. If you see someone farming another player, attack the farmer, even if they are difficult to defeat. If enough people do this, hopefully it can result in a better spread of points and longer matches which gives more acclaim (which isn't very useful at the moment, but still). Something else that could result from this is a draw which sends a better message than someone getting farmed.

Things actually are changing for the better, and with more people, the possibilities could be endless.

I have to admit I do tend to stay clear for Hero Games and very rarely duel in CO...It's not even that I'm not a fan of PvP...It's just I'm not interested enough to make a build that can hold out in PvP, and the rest of my characters are PvE builds.

I'll do think the latest PvP event is key to bring in new players to PvP...however, I also think the latest event only highlighted the key problems to why many avoid PvP, that is only players who are heavily into PvP will actually really do any.

The Latest event simply showed anyone who isn't PvPing at the moment but turned up to have a look anyway that unless they build to fight against the strongest PvP builds their chances will be pretty slim.

Which honestly I think will only back fire if the purpose of the event is to try and bring in new players.

Of course I Don't mean to sound as though anyone is going about things wrongly, Let's face if you enjoy PvP of course you are going to try and win...it would be just silly not to. The problem itself lies in an unbalanced system...but I don't see that getting fixed anytime soon, which means ether non PvPers builds heavily for PvP or PvPers build less for PvP...I don't see ether happening..at least not in large numbers.

That is at least how I see things, Not that I can say for sure on numbers of course...As far as I know the latest event brought in a large new group of PvPers...in which case great :) but all I know is I was there..and it didn't make me want to start trying to get into PvP...Sorry...It's not even that I think PvP events are a bad idea...they're really not and I think whoever pushed and held the last one should be praised for a job well done :)

Sorry If I ranted abit there...

Alexnadra.

Ok. To me, there are two things that usually really separate older PvPers from PvEers first getting into PvP.

1. Equipment Level (stats)
    2. Experience Level (knowing your strengths, how to cover for your weaknesses, etc)

Some PvPers have been doing this for years and have tons of experience with different builds. Also, these PvPers are usually the most interested in Optimizing their builds ( or min-maxing) to fit what they would like to do.

If you like the powers you have, keep them. Don't feel the need to change powers to something someone else has. Optimize your own build and get more PvP experience. If you do this, you will do well, just don't expect to win all the time. No one should expect to win all the time. :redface:
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2014

LOL.
    I have to back you up on that one. Yes, Ozzy/End is an annoying blow hard no question.
    I have had him on ignore for 2 1/2 years now.

However, watching him (With his devices too) take apart the fotm from 100ft away is funny!
    The fact that these players with their monster builds and every device and crutch known to man and women get so upset, is rather entertaining. It also, says... it's not all about the specs and the build. Sometimes you have to have some skill to go along with it.

And while duels in the ren center are NOT the same as hero games or bash...
    There are still more people who prefer to duel than actually que for the before mentioned.

Are pvpers that despised? It would seem to me, that if you are already spending a lot of time dueling and you have no problem using devices and such, why not just que for hero games?

Can it really be the attitude of pvpers that keep these people away?
    I have tried to que for hero games lately, but don't have the patience to wait around. Or deal with the kick bug. That i could understand as a reason for not queing.

But if all you're doing is fighting other players anyway... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    amyjia wrote: »
    Ok. To me, there are two things that usually really separate older PvPers from PvEers first getting into PvP.

1. Equipment Level (stats)
    2. Experience Level (knowing your strengths, how to cover for your weaknesses, etc)

Some PvPers have been doing this for years and have tons of experience with different builds. Also, these PvPers are usually the most interested in Optimizing their builds ( or min-maxing) to fit what they would like to do.

If you like the powers you have, keep them. Don't feel the need to change powers to something someone else has. Optimize your own build and get more PvP experience. If you do this, you will do well, just don't expect to win all the time. No one should expect to win all the time. :redface:

Maybe you dont mean it that way, but to me that seems quite insulting. I have four characters fully geared out in justice gear, two of which in full r9 mods. I have been playing this game for years and know my builds very well.
    Still I only have one character that can do well in duels. That has nothing to do with me not sticking to powers, or not knowing my builds or being badly geared, it is because I don't make enough PvP concessions on powers and stats.

From what I have seen I do agree with a lot of PvPers try to build what they like to do, and that is to win their fights. On numerous times when I won a duel against one of the people doing regular PvP duels, they left for a few minutes, only to returns and want to duel again with changes to their build specifically targeted at winning against mine.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There are many tales to be told over the time of this game that has come from that small minority of PvP'ers...
    aiqa wrote: »
    Maybe you dont mean it that way, but to me that seems quite insulting. I have four characters fully geared out in justice gear, two of which in full r9 mods. I have been playing this game for years and know my builds very well.
    Still I only have one character that can do well in duels. That has nothing to do with me not sticking to powers, or not knowing my builds or being badly geared, it is because I don't make enough PvP concessions on powers and stats.

From what I have seen I do agree with a lot of PvPers try to build what they like to do, and that is to win their fights. On numerous times when I won a duel against one of the people doing regular PvP duels, they left for a few minutes, only to returns and want to duel again with changes to their build specifically targeted at winning against mine.

R9 mods are totally crazy expensive however don't increase you really that much at all. Justice gear is a big increase though but mainly on specific builds, it basically made game balance even worse and gave us even less viable options.

Although PvP does require certain stats / power change it doesn't need the same copied builds constantly. In fact if PvE wasn't a walk over in this game PvE would probably need you to do the same, in fact probably even more so.

Although there are some people who PvP to win I would say that is the minority. Of course a lot of us PvP to "win" but we try to do this on builds we enjoy opposed to just taking the invincible burst tanks that can beat 3-5 people on their own.

Oh also I wouldn't call dueling PvP at all... I do duels but most likely I'll get beat pretty easily on the builds I run. Rising knee demolish and mini mines only goes so far against force geyser spam tanks. I can play well against them and sometimes even survive for a while maybe even get them in a stun lock and almost kill them maybe even kill sometimes but it's hard. A lot of people don't like my play style however the way I see it it's one of the best ways to use something a little more unique.

There are only so many combo's in this game that work and I'm pretty sure by now I've tried almost every combo with the amount of time I've spent in the powerhouse. Nothing is original anymore it's much more down to playstyle.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Dueling one on one can be a very different experience compared to participating in the Hero Games. Some characters are stronger on teams, while some may have more advantages solo. There could be many different factors. I just said that to me, experience level and equipment are USUALLY more important than trying to copy what someone else is doing. There will be builds that you will have an advantage over and there will be builds/combos that may defeat you all the time. This is balanced though. To have strengths and weaknesses.

If you have had people change their builds only for the purpose of defeating you, then I would say Good Job to you. That is a compliment that they would feel the need to do that. If they keep that build though, they probably gained a disadvantage against another type of build by gaining the advantage over your build.

This is part of the reason why I really like ATs. You are more limited to certain powers to work with so you are forced to adapt to other players in ways other than just changing powers, while still having advantages, specializations, equipment, and talents that can result in two of the same ATs being very different.

Queue for the Hero Games (especially if you haven't in awhile) Things are indeed getting better and change is coming. Be apart of the Solution! :redface:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Why do I feel like you are describing me? :frown:

Just cuz I'm probably the only person you've dueled in the past couple months?

The average "try hard" is still using AoPM, and while they are tanky, they are not using a tank passive like meh :cool:

Why don't you stop quitting the game, play for a month or two, and re-acquaint yourself !

Pfft AOPM really....

The best two builds in the game are as so...

Invuln mind break tele DOT super tank counters both unbreak and anything not using invuln like itself.

Super tank NW. Using only SS to hit it's 20k with an NPG while using every other power slot for self defensiveness rotating perma AD's and healing crazy amounts.

AOPM is good but it's like a noobs idea of "the best" as it will not beat everything and never lose like the other two above.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Pfft AOPM really....

The best two builds in the game are as so...

lol.
    1. Neither of those are unbeatable in every situation. With more people queuing, there are more people to fight against those builds.

2. Neither of those builds are probably "working as intended", thus will probably be nerfed soon especially if more people complain about them and know what to complain about.

Actually, posts like this can be really helpful.

I have seen people who use certain builds themselves make posts bragging about what they can do in a certain build, only to see it prompting nerfed.

Knowledge is Power.

Queue for the Hero Games people and use your knowledge for good, not for evil!~:redface: