1) ALL Archetypes.
2) ONE freeform slot.

Insert apologist flames after the post.
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I could think of a bigger list than that.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I could think of a bigger list than that.

Start selling per character power tinting and resource cap removers in the Z Store. Please.

And they should probably just buff all the underperforming ATs. A lot of them are fine: Savage, Soldier, Marksman, Unleashed, etc. But quite a few of them could use a buff.

And Manipulator needs to be changed to also boost Hold HP instead of just duration. It'd help both Freeforms and The Mind AT.

And wasn't there a power that The Mind had that was nerfed because of a power interaction that doesn't exist anymore? Was it Ego Storm w/ Malevolent Manifestation? Perhaps that can be de-nerfed now.

And maybe let Primal Sigils crit again at the same rate as other pets i.e. half the character's crit rate & sev.

And remove the 10% damage penetration from TGM and give it to Gatling Gun, then remove the self root from Gatling gun and replace it with a self snare instead.

And give Force an Energy Unlock called Kinetic Capacitance that gives energy every three seconds for six seconds every time you attempt to knock or a knock attempt is made against you that scales equally with END and REC.

Oh, and give every AT that doesn't have one a self heal. Just remove one of the many redundant attacks. And no, Endorphin Rush doesn't count.

Don't bother with either of the OPs suggestions though, just lower the standard price for FF slots to $25.

EDIT: And fix the PFF regen bug.

And change the way Energy Form canceling works for Slotted Passives. Instead of disabling the entire passive it should merely disable it's ability to count as an energy form. This should make Kinetic Manipulation a viable passive for the Impulse.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    foxyperson wrote: »
    Don't like that name? Then give silver users one of the two:

1) ALL Archetypes.
    2) ONE freeform slot.

Insert apologist flames after the post.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
    Flamebait. Boring flamebait, at that.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Or you could subscribe and start supporting the game. But who are we kidding.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Or you could subscribe and start supporting the game. But who are we kidding.

i think the op would class that as an apologist flame..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    i think the op would class that as an apologist flame..

Undoubtedly. God forbid they support something, but I guess they think updates don't require funding.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd be interested to know if the OP has spent any money supporting the game? People who play for free should never complain. They getting far more than what they are paying for.
    Undoubtedly. God forbid they support something, but I guess they think updates don't require funding.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The biggest thing I would advocate for Silvers is a way to lift the 250G limit.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    selphea wrote: »

yes, the limit is nearly as stupid as DCUO's eschow accts where you don't lose the extra resources but you have to pay real money to get at it
    so if all the AT's are free, what do they sell apart from costumes.
    if they get a Free FF slot, why buy one. Not everyone is an altaholic.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Premium ATs are rather silly, esp when as a whole they aren't any better built than the free ones. I'd be fine w/ either making them all free or just making the premium ones better.

yup; there are many other things they could offer silvers, but that would be #1 on my list atm.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And let the game die!

Oh this is the best idea since on alert, I want to see this implemented into the game immediately!

cow8191.jpg

I would only agree on the AT thing I suppose, I would probably say instead of making it so silvers get all of them right away maybe the premium ones can be unlocked through playing the game on a first character to make the second character as a premium one.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want to agree with you, after all freeforms and co characters are like potato chips and you can't have just one, but you couldn't have put that in a more douchenozzle-ish manner.

Raise the g-cap, finally get rid of the silly restrictions on archetypes, and hell. Why not a freeform slot? Show em what they'll get if they sub. Might help retention of new players, which could help cash. And yeah, that g-cap increase. I've said it before, 5 bucks for 1000gs. Make it repeatedly purchasable. I've seen other mmos do it, and it works.

Also, crippleware? Phht. I've gotten 4 archetypes to 40, and I'm a lifer. Hyperbolic thread is hyperbolic. You know who usually tops the dps charts during bloodmoon? Blade ATs and Soldier ATs. Dat lack of soft cap, there's not a damn thing in game that can out dps a properly geared AT.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    there's not a damn thing in game that can out dps a properly geared AT.

except a properly geared vehicle, which is available to silvers.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Crippleware??? Does it have somnething to do with Tupperware??
    Wouldn't 'Craptic' sound better? If we start renaming stuff and all....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you want all that stuff, then subscribe. There's a handy solution right there for you. This speaking as someone who lets his sub lapse from time to time. But when I feel like playing, I pluck down my hard earned cash and I subscribe.

This is a business not a charity. I never will understand why some people think game studios (and artists in general) shouldn't charge money for their work. Game companies have real live employees who deserve a real live salary. They eat, raise families, and have bills just like the rest of us.

Regardless of the state of the game, I don't think giving more stuff away for free will solve it's problems. A silver can already have a complete game experience as is.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why do people assume silvers never spend money on the game? Most of my silver friends have bought plenty of things including several FF slots. I can't imagine that my friends are the only silvers in game that buy stuff. And you can't tell me that all of those vehicles are owned exclusively by gold / lifers. I personally like the freedom being silver gives me considering I play multiple MMOs. I can simply throw money at games as I have it.

I agree that everyone should get one FF slot. Kind of like how Cryptic gave everyone a free character slot awhile ago for... uh, something. I doubt most who stick around are going to stop at one; they're going to need a whole family of FFs. Even if someone only has one FF slot, they're probably going to pimp that toon out. Which means buy costumes, auras, vehicles, legacy devices, and anything else to make their toon more awesome. While CO may not be very complicated in terms of building toons, you know that some of those people are going to lurk on the forums and possibly even join in.

At this point, announcing that every account gets a free FF slot would probably bring back some older players as well as draw in some new, curious folks. CO does not have anywhere near enough positive news.

Do non-vehicle become devices still suck? I used to see them everywhere, then OnAlert happened.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    1. A problem with giving every silver a FF slot is multiple accounts.
    2. I support adding a heal to every AT
    3. I support all AT being free since they have to buy the character slot anyway
    4. I support FF slots as well as many other things having their price lowered
    5. I support making each AT access to a powerset and being able to choose within those powers at any level
    6. I support making a buyable resource limit removal
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Why do people assume silvers never spend money on the game? Most of my silver friends have bought plenty of things including several FF slots. I can't imagine that my friends are the only silvers in game that buy stuff. And you can't tell me that all of those vehicles are owned exclusively by gold / lifers. I personally like the freedom being silver gives me considering I play multiple MMOs. I can simply throw money at games as I have it.

I imagine it's because of elitist Gold subscriber snobbery. "Ooh, look at me, look at my big fancy wallet. I have a subscription. I'm important."

(Mind you, I say this as a Gold subscriber myself.)
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think that it was even supposed to be so crippling to begin with. What made it look so low are : the massive vendor exploit who allowed people to generate thongs or globals from thin air, and Resistance farming. These two things.. they made 1G look like nothing, where it was supposed to be good money initially.
    Now.. deleting resistance farming was a step in the right direction, but.. it's not like Cryptic can wipe all the unnecessary G that's been generated already. With the actual value of 1G, 1000G as a cap would seem more appropriate, as well as closer to the initial idea than the current one.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I imagine it's because of elitist Gold subscriber snobbery. "Ooh, look at me, look at my big fancy wallet. I have a subscription. I'm important."

(Mind you, I say this as a Gold subscriber myself.)

And those Freebooting Lifers, eh. Getting all the candy for free and even get paid to play the game.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And those Freebooting Lifers, eh. Getting all the candy for free and even get paid to play the game.

I KNOW! The nerve of them!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think that is a generalization. the fact that FF slots exist show that they give several ways to support this game. they should be priced lower IMO, but can be farmed without spending a dime still.
    I agree that everyone should get one FF slot.
    Multiple accounts negate this argument. it would be exploited fully. why would anyone ever subscribe. a onetime silver vet reward for a year of gametime not repeated might be ok
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    How would having a FF slot for free be an "exploit" or even "exploitable"? You're assuming that locking FF slots away from silvers is going to cause people to sub when that has never worked before. The point isn't to get people to sub, it's to get people to spend money. You don't need to sub to spend money. Kind of the whole point of F2P.

And I seriously doubt even those who refuse to spend money on CO are going to maintain multiple accounts just to have tons of FF slots. That means a boat load of grinding to have the same things on multiple accounts when it would be far easier just to grind for another FF slot on a single account.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    How would having a FF slot for free be an "exploit" or even "exploitable"? You're assuming that locking FF slots away from silvers is going to cause people to sub when that has never worked before. The point isn't to get people to sub, it's to get people to spend money. You don't need to sub to spend money. Kind of the whole point of F2P.

And I seriously doubt even those who refuse to spend money on CO are going to maintain multiple accounts just to have tons of FF slots. That means a boat load of grinding to have the same things on multiple accounts when it would be far easier just to grind for another FF slot on a single account.

Free FF slot, with the ability to make unlimited accounts. How would people exploit it? By making new accounts and never have to pay for an FF again. I mean someone already said that exact thing above.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Multiple accounts may mean free FF slots, but a hell of a lot more grinding for everything else. Do you really think that many people are going to do that? Really? Who the hell is going to grind up costumes, vehicles, gear, TPs, etc on a bunch of accounts? Not many. Most people value their time more than their money.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Free FF slot, with the ability to make unlimited accounts. How would people exploit it? By making new accounts and never have to pay for an FF again. I mean someone already said that exact thing above.

Sure players could and will play with multiple accounts to satisfy their need for playing lots of characters... BUT what about all the costume sets, gear, auras, vehicles, perks, and all the other reasons for playing the game over just having a bunch of characters. I don't know many people who can afford to farm Q or lay down cash to obtain things for one account let alone several.

It's possible, but let's not let it ruin the idea of actual balance in the game with allowing one freeform per account.

EDIT: annnnnd sterga with the ninja.. but totally agreed lol
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also, crippleware? Phht. I've gotten 4 archetypes to 40, and I'm a lifer. Hyperbolic thread is hyperbolic. You know who usually tops the dps charts during bloodmoon? Blade ATs and Soldier ATs. Dat lack of soft cap, there's not a damn thing in game that can out dps a properly geared AT.

Assuming they can live long enough in most challenging content, yes that lighter dmg DR is nice.. But its not about the numbers as much as many ATs being poorly built, and some of those being premium. Ofc, not all are bad- some are quite good, but there are def some stinkers in the lot. (13 high lvl ATs here, and LTS)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Multiple accounts may mean free FF slots, but a hell of a lot more grinding for everything else. Do you really think that many people are going to do that? Really? Who the hell is going to grind up costumes, vehicles, gear, TPs, etc on a bunch of accounts? Not many. Most people value their time more than their money.

You are really, seriously underestimating what people will do to pay as little as possible for things.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yay! Another of these "two-cents" posts!

ATs being free? Sure, I could go for that.
    Freeforms being free? Nah, go grind your soul out for some Q to trade for Zen if you want a "Free"form.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    You are really, seriously underestimating what people will do to pay as little as possible for things.

You are really, seriously underestimating what people with waste their money on for stupid, frivolous garbage. Candy Crush says "Hi".
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I won't try to speak for all of those not inclined to spend money on CO, but I have known people to maintain multiple accounts to have tons of AT slots. If AT slots are worth maintaining multiple accounts to them I expect that FF slots would be to an even greater degree.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You are really, seriously underestimating what people with waste their money on for stupid, frivolous garbage. Candy Crush says "Hi".

Oh i know but people will still do what they can to pay as little for it. If you really think people won't make multiple accounts to have multiple freeforms, at regularity at the cost of having to re-earn easy to get costume pieces now, you are underestimating, by a metric landslide.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Multiple accounts may mean free FF slots, but a hell of a lot more grinding for everything else.

what grinding would they do? they would just get the costume piece they wanted for that character.
    although

an unannounced one time give away of freeform slots to all current accounts would be ok in my book, since this would be less exploitable.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    1. A problem with giving every silver a FF slot is multiple accounts.
    2. I support adding a heal to every AT
    3. I support all AT being free since they have to buy the character slot anyway
    4. I support FF slots as well as many other things having their price lowered
    5. I support making each AT access to a powerset and being able to choose within those powers at any level
    6. I support making a buyable resource limit removal

I agree with 1, 2, 4, & 6. I'm on the fence about 3. I'm not quite sure how 5 would even work.

I would like to reiterate my desire for Cryptic to sell per character Power Tinting in the Z Store. ATs have all of their powers tinted to reasonable defaults, but Silver Freeforms end up with horrible mismatches of powers that are sometimes horribly tinted to begin with, unless they use powers with little to no noticeable tinting or stick to the same set.

Per character, not per slot. Like aura slots and the cheep costume slots.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure there are people who would have multiple accounts, but they would be the same people who don't spend money now. There is not going to be some ridiculous epidemic where people suddenly stop spending money because they can have a zillion free FF slots on as many accounts.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure there are people who would have multiple accounts, but they would be the same people who don't spend money now. There is not going to be some ridiculous epidemic where people suddenly stop spending money because they can have a zillion free FF slots on as many accounts.

anything exploitable in any MMO is exploited to the fullest possible outcome, why would you think this would be any different.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    an unannounced one time give away of freeform slots to all current accounts would be ok in my book, since this would be less exploitable.
    Akin to what was done for the AT Rotation, around the same time as the Second Anniversary celebration? I could get behind that - say, as a one-time gift to the players next anniversary...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    er I have 2 accts, anytime I get duplicate costumes, I just mail them to the other. same goes for gear/mods/vehicles(yes I do actually have some) in hideouts, I raid both for whichever character needs it
    and on the money exploits, lets not forget BAG farming when on alert first came out and the vendor price was more than the purchase price. People spent hours buying and vendoring bags
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If freeform were free as the game is now, it should be up to level 20. That way players can really know what it is like. From there they can imagine just how more awesome character builds are up to level 40. 20 is just a good level to try just about any build.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned this:

Is it really that far outside of the realm of possibility that people keep a main character on one account that they costume up/trick out/etc... And an alt account or 2 that they use for specialized characters that don't need as much attention/costuming? Hell, I took a break about 4 and a half years ago. When I came back? I did it. I still have that alt account, it's for when I wanna play but don't feel like dealing with people. That said? Yeah, those are probably the players that'll go out of their way to not spend money anyway. I feel like it's not a huge loss, you can't ever really have enough characters in this game anyway. That's the whole point.
    Why do people assume silvers never spend money on the game? Most of my silver friends have bought plenty of things including several FF slots. I can't imagine that my friends are the only silvers in game that buy stuff. And you can't tell me that all of those vehicles are owned exclusively by gold / lifers.

It'd be pretty lame in general to play this game and not spend a penny, and even if they're not, they're probably harvesting/trading q, so someone spent money to get that zen. 's the wonders of the system, one way or another even the cheapest person is still contributing to the lifespan of the game.
    Kind of like how Cryptic gave everyone a free character slot awhile ago for... uh, something.

AT rotation, which needs to become a permanent feature if we're still going to charge for underpowered ATs. I'd slap heirloom gear on that slot and spin the wheel.
    I doubt most who stick around are going to stop at one; they're going to need a whole family of FFs. Even if someone only has one FF slot, they're probably going to pimp that toon out. Which means buy costumes, auras, vehicles, legacy devices, and anything else to make their toon more awesome. While CO may not be very complicated in terms of building toons, you know that some of those people are going to lurk on the forums and possibly even join in.

2vmeyoh.jpg
    Do non-vehicle become devices still suck? I used to see them everywhere, then OnAlert happened.
    Barring the doombringer/celestial, yeah. Problem is they lack spec trees, and throw dps like they've got rank 2.5 in the powers. Cyber ninja's not bad, but on the whole they're not worth the paper they're printed on.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I won't try to speak for all of those not inclined to spend money on CO, but I have known people to maintain multiple accounts to have tons of AT slots. If AT slots are worth maintaining multiple accounts to them I expect that FF slots would be to an even greater degree.

Fwiw, I have a secondary account with 5 ff slots and some premium at's. I call it my "vacation" acct because no one knows it's me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    as someone who's STILL being stalked maybe I could use such an account.. but making it a place I'd wanna play in would require more money than I have atm.

FF slot, costumes whatever.

Someone owes me a some Globals.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    as someone who's STILL being stalked maybe I could use such an account.. but making it a place I'd wanna play in would require more money than I have atm.

FF slot, costumes whatever.

Or you could just make a second account to see how the other half lives. I recommend going Sniper Soldier since they can easily PUG all rampages. See the pain of being a nub with nothing. Not even that awesome nem / vanguard leveling gear.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    foxyperson wrote: »
    don't Like That Name? Then Give Silver Users One Of The Two:

1) All Archetypes.
    2) One Freeform Slot.

Insert Apologist Flames After The Post.

Raaaaaaaar Post Make Angry Post Make Rage Me Punch Respond Button Raaaaaaaar
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Or you could just make a second account to see how the other half lives. I recommend going Sniper Soldier since they can easily PUG all rampages. See the pain of being a nub with nothing. Not even that awesome nem / vanguard leveling gear.

They choose to live that way. If they don't feel like supporting the game, why should the game support them? They already get way more for nothing than most other F2Ps would bat an eyelash at.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    They choose to live that way. If they don't feel like supporting the game, why should the game support them? They already get way more for nothing than most other F2Ps would bat an eyelash at.

Because new players starting out with nothing = freeloading scum, right? Good to know.

PS: Your hate makes me giggle.