Lets get PvP going again!

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Triple post cause I'm the pony with the most! HI MALWARE!! :D

Hey Fish Poneh Satan Clown like SHUT UP! :O

The real issue at hand is this device here its OP and spammed way to much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXeDS54fRGE
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys I heard the devs are going to finally look into PvP.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys I heard the devs are going to finally look into PvP.

Oops...

Just as I said that it turns out they are now hiring NEW staff due to the previous ones being blinded.

You too could be blinded: http://www.pwe-inc.com/career
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oops...

Just as I said that it turns out they are now hiring NEW staff due to the previous ones being blinded.

You too could be blinded: http://www.pwe-inc.com/career

I SEE what you did here :tongue:

But wow, that is quite a few open positions.. I wonder if these positions were of people who were displaced or if these are new positions being added... Would not be happy for anyone's misfortune if people lost their jobs.

I am however looking forward to more attention being paid to the Hero Games by Devs though. Just hopefully they remember to wear proper eye protection..:redface:
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Let's hope for a reward system return with a fresh balancing to all power sets.

Device rewards? What a grand idea :tongue:
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    oobtree wrote: »
    Let's hope for a reward system return with a fresh balancing to all power sets.

But not in that order o3o
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You're a buzz kill.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Imp, where did you hear this rumor that devs are going to work on PvP?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Triple post. :tongue:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Triple post. :tongue:

Your going to catch holy hell :O
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Imp, where did you hear this rumor that devs are going to work on PvP?

I heard it from myself.

In other news I've made it to page 4 on the leaderboard in NWO out of over 1400 pages without playing in premade groups.

Yay me!
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I haven't been thru the entire 17 pages so pardon me if this has come up before...
    1. Motivation
    Some kind of reward that ultimately enables you to gain 4 slot gear. There needs to be a good reward from PVP that you can't get any other way in order to really stimulate things.
    2. Inclusion - you don't have to be a PVP build
    Used to be when PVP was the only way to get the top level gear that non PVP builds/players did a lot of Zombie Apocalypse. Maybe an update of this but also.....
    The thinking mans boss battle - this would be where one player becomes a big boss like Therakiel or something and gains the powers of the boss. The other players need to take him down.
    A long time ago I wondered about a sort of Mind Control add on to a regular Nemcon - this would involve one player becoming MC'd by the villain and having to turn on the other players. Stick em all in a maze (at different points) and modify the targetting thingy so that you won't know who to trust. (grins evilly)
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, then.

Did you succeed in perfuming the turd enough for people to come near and smell it again?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, then.

Did you succeed in perfuming the turd enough for people to come near and smell it again?

Naysayer. Dreams can sometimes maybe come true.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, anyone who tries and gets pvp going again (queues for hero games) will get instantly farmed because everyone wants KILLS and he's easy to pick up. This explains that : aside from shameless cookie pvpers no one likes pvp because it's unfair. The only way to make pvp fun again is to get rid of pvp builds entirely. And you don't want to do that, right ? Right.
    As it is now, to introduce someone to pvp you might as well tell him : take this build, buy these devices and aggro anyone who looks weaker than you.
    No I don't speak generally and yes there are a few exceptions. But these exceptions are on the dark side of the moon. To make it short, pvp isn't appealing to any newcomer wit a little bit of self-respect, and it isn't either to the majority of veterans. Pvp can't be saved without a massive overhaul or a change from pvpers themselves, and neither of those will happen. All you can do now is duel the same people over and over and call it CO pvp.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, anyone who tries and gets pvp going again (queues for hero games) will get instantly farmed because everyone wants KILLS and he's easy to pick up. This explains that : aside from shameless cookie pvpers no one likes pvp because it's unfair. The only way to make pvp fun again is to get rid of pvp builds entirely. And you don't want to do that, right ? Right.
    As it is now, to introduce someone to pvp you might as well tell him : take this build, buy these devices and aggro anyone who looks weaker than you.
    No I don't speak generally and yes there are a few exceptions. But these exceptions are on the dark side of the moon. To make it short, pvp isn't appealing to any newcomer wit a little bit of self-respect, and it isn't either to the majority of veterans. Pvp can't be saved without a massive overhaul or a change from pvpers themselves, and neither of those will happen. All you can do now is duel the same people over and over and call it CO pvp.

The problem isn't that the players are playing the game wrong. This is the case in every PvP, you should always take out the easiest to kill first or you're gonna get zerged and ganked to death. The problem lies in the in balance in the game that got broken and never fixed.

So yes, I do know a single build that can make anyone at all immortal no matter how bad they are at paying as long as they are able to use their AD's as soon as the other one is about to finish while still being able to one shot people and tag 5 people at once. Does everyone play with this build? Infact the funny thing is I don't think anyone uses the build anymore. Not even the SS variation of the build is that used by anyone to it's true limits of cheese.

I don't like dueling personally, 1v1 in any game is always unbalanced or atleast much less balanced than team. Too bad we get kicked from team pvp and team duels where everyone is playing to certain rules is hard to get going.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    blahblah non-PvPer's valuable opinion.

So /your/ problem with PvP is the PvPer's? Thanks for THAT valuable input.

You are one blind, ignorant moron if you think players are the problem. Players did NOT make this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

You are one blind, ignorant moron if you think players are the problem. Players did NOT make this game.

I love the way you basically said what I said but condensed it into two sentences of "to the point"ness.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I love the way you basically said what I said but condensed it into two sentences of "to the point"ness.

It's a talent. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Right. Enjoy your zombie meta game.
    You can cover your ears, but the only way pvp is going to get fun again is pvp players changing, since devs aren't touching it.
    Also, constant agressivity isn't really helping your cause. You don't really make the pvp community look nice. By looking at Imp's answer to my post I can just agree to disagree, but by looking at yours I just think that I don't want to have you as a friend.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Right. Enjoy your zombie meta game.
    You can cover your ears, but the only way pvp is going to get fun again is pvp players changing, since devs aren't touching it.
    Also, constant agressivity isn't really helping your cause. You don't really make the pvp community look nice. By looking at Imp's answer to my post I can just agree to disagree, but by looking at yours I just think that I don't want to have you as a friend.

You're a little late to this one I'm afraid, this was the topic like months ago.

If I could post an image that would be great but I'll just have to post a meme link instead. :<

Ooo friend!

But yeah really, as soon as you take out banter and competitiveness out of PvP it's no longer really PvP. We've tried it in the past and it didn't help us one bit, the people who want to PvP want to be competitive. If you aren't willing toughen your skin a little then you aren't really going to ever be up for PvP.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The big problem here is that pvp'ing in this game pretty much forces you out of the core aspect of the game : be the hero you want to be. In other games, usually, you can do good pvp with any class, and if you're good in pvp, you'll be good in pve. Here there are a lot of mandatory things you need to pvp, and there's too few good powers.
    That's my problem with pvp. It's too repetitive, it doesn't really have a high skill cap, there's no "plays" to make and it's not laugh-worthy. From there,the only motivation for doing pvp is winning. And sadly it brings a lot of ragekids out of their caves, which creates a good part of our pvp community.
    If I may take LoL as an exemple you can have a good laugh while playing with friends, you can scream "Oooh !" when you do or see something amazing, you always want to get better at the game, and everything is pretty much viable. And it works. In CO there isn't much to wow at except big numbers, battle are usually only fun for the winning guy, and you can reach the skill cap in like a week. That's what makes pvp meh in this game.
    If you really want to enjoy something meh, you have to put some effort in it.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You should've expected my response the moment you blamed this games horrible PvP dev support on players and not the devs.

You're not very smart :frown:

Glad we're not friends.
  • Options
    smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's easy to blame the players if you're under the impression that everyone is playing the stupid fotm build but honestly PvP isn't even close to that boring. Doubly so if the silly queues work; your favourite fotms aren't always ideal for the team maps like stronghold or utc.

I think bash popping earlier than the other maps contributes to the negative first impression of PvP. That's where dueling fotms can excel. In contrast team PvP sometimes you have to give your life defending or attacking objectives; using teleport at the first sight of harm the way you might in bash might cost you the objective so it's actually much harder to be selfish.

Also healers can ruin your day and in PvP the force multiplication they bring to the team is actually put use whereas in PvE healing and support often is overkill.

Essentially if PvP was as much of a clone war as outsiders like to vividly imagine it to be I wouldn't be playing years later.

Copvp has made some small efforts to get the other maps to pop and it's been putting a smile on my face at least.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You're*
    hell.*
    :D*

You're*
    face*
    U_U*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I already said that I don't know a single player who currently uses the actual unbeatable build that you could give anyone and they could stand there and beat almost anyone as long as they rotate AD's and keep on using the dots and stuff.

No one uses that currently.

Infact I think everyone who currently PvP's uses a different build. I could almost say it's a miracle! ;)
    nepht wrote: »
    You're*
    face*
    U_U*

My*
    My*
    My?*

Is it me or does that word look kinda odd on it's own. :/
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I fought Cross Robin, twice, three times? I died. I died very fast.

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I already said that I don't know a single player who currently uses the actual unbeatable build that you could give anyone and they could stand there and beat almost anyone as long as they rotate AD's and keep on using the dots and stuff.
    If that's true it's a bit rejoicing, though I have no doubt that if you gave it to people, 3/4 of pvpers would retcon to it in a heartbeat because, well the goal is to WIN. Yes, pvp gets interesting when people come up with some homemade obscure powers and manage to win, but the fact is that some powers are strictly better than others, which limits this.
    Believe it or not, I often queue up for hero games other than bash when I see 1,2 or even 0 people queued. In there, I can somewhat contribute, and my inferiority isn't as blatant since it's teamed. I like this game's pvp, I just hate what it became.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, then.

Lmao.

/10chars
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Lmao.

/10chars

I don't understand. I assume you find the strife of PvP as a comic-tragedy, therefor tickling your funny bone(s).

It's not funny how blatantly Cryptic ignores the problems plaguing an entire end-game aspect to Champions Online. I find that somewhat criminal, personally.

Yuck it up.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeesh. Pvp isn't end-game, it's a minigame. You can almost never be your hero and be competitive in pvp at the same time. CO seems to do fine without pvp, you know.
    Yes, of course the queues need to be fixed, it's a crippling bug. But aside from that, don't expect pvp to change.
    I'm talking frankly, I wish this game had good pvp, but sadly it falls short and is somewhat incompatible with the rest of the game. If we somewhat get a pvp update I'll be really happy, I just don't count on it.
    Again. Reacting aggressively at anyone who seems to not fully care about your cause and/or doesn't have the same opinions as you doesn't make you look constructive/open-minded but rather like a "give me this pls because if you don't your bad devs" person. Pvp NEEDS help, but you could send the message differently.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeesh. Pvp isn't end-game, it's a minigame. You can almost never be your hero and be competitive in pvp at the same time. CO seems to do fine without pvp, you know.
    Yes, of course the queues need to be fixed, it's a crippling bug. But aside from that, don't expect pvp to change.
    I'm talking frankly, I wish this game had good pvp, but sadly it falls short and is somewhat incompatible with the rest of the game. If we somewhat get a pvp update I'll be really happy, I just don't count on it.
    Again. Reacting aggressively at anyone who seems to not fully care about your cause and/or doesn't have the same opinions as you doesn't make you look constructive/open-minded but rather like a "give me this pls because if you don't your bad devs" person. Pvp NEEDS help, but you could send the message differently.

Well I'll say again, everyone who currently PvP's and actually is a known PvP'er and a good friend to everyone in the community will use things unique to their build that they want to use. Malware NEVER uses something that someone else makes, I would certainly never use one of Malwares builds as they are stylized for him and his socky movement. Nicki uses an ice build with ice blast spam and ice form. I am currently using an elritch blast build. Sister Smash is using a similar thing she always uses and smashing peoples faces in with a giant weapon. Snake is tanking 8 players at once healing himself with sentinel mastery and over 20k hp. There are people who take their AT's into PvP still a lot of the time. Oh come on even F%£"% MC is using a pestilence build... ;D

Like really you have to open your eyes to the fact CO PvP although it is the way it is we still have MUCH more variation of builds than other games do classes. The biggest problem currently for us is the active defence cycling balance wise. I for one don't do it and it leaves me very easy to kill half the time while using vindi overseer as my specs with an offensive passive. But it's hard to convince people not to use something like it that is GOOD and DOESN'T break theme or what they want their character to be.

Stop typing this nonsense about all PvP'ers being some kind of den of thugs and leave this thread along instead of BS'ing about it. I don't really care for a PvP update, I would be happy if they even mentioned PvP really.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't understand. I assume you find the strife of PvP as a comic-tragedy, therefor tickling your funny bone(s).

It's not funny how blatantly Cryptic ignores the problems plaguing an entire end-game aspect to Champions Online. I find that somewhat criminal, personally.

Yuck it up.

Bitter comedy more precisely.

Yes, Cryptic is to blame for ignoring PvP outright development-wise.

The negative social stigma about PvP and the players in which the game mode they are involved in though? That can be rightfully blamed on the players themselves. Not all of them, I know there is a fair share of well-mannered and respectable PvP'ers. I'm talking about the high-profile ones that, for the longest time, have consistently attacked anyone with a shred of valid criticism for the fundamental problems of this game's particular PvP or in general just have a crappy, egoistical and elitist attitude towards others, especially when they're called out for it. What's great about it also is that such attitudes were sometimes being defended and tolerated by others in the community.

On the flip-side, if the game's PvP was well-balanced and received considerable updates and have a reward system that draws players to it, like daily questionite, then I don't think the negative stigma about its players would really matter. Give PvP merit and questionite rewards and I'm pretty sure players would be queuing up in droves. Too bad the inherent flaws of the freeform system just works against balanced PvP and the lack of a relevant reward update are what we have.
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Bitter comedy more precisely.

Yes, Cryptic is to blame for ignoring PvP outright development-wise.

The negative social stigma about PvP and the players in which the game mode they are involved in though? That can be rightfully blamed on the players themselves. Not all of them, I know there is a fair share of well-mannered and respectable PvP'ers. I'm talking about the high-profile ones that, for the longest time, have consistently attacked anyone with a shred of valid criticism for the fundamental problems of this game's particular PvP or in general just have a crappy, egoistical and elitist attitude towards others, especially when they're called out for it. What's great about it also is that such attitudes were sometimes being defended and tolerated by others in the community.

On the flip-side, if the game's PvP was well-balanced and received considerable updates and have a reward system that draws players to it, like daily questionite, then I don't think the negative stigma about its players would really matter. Give PvP merit and questionite rewards and I'm pretty sure players would be queuing up in droves. Too bad the inherent flaws of the freeform system just works against balanced PvP and the lack of a relevant reward update are what we have.
    Yes. Somethings never Change.
    Although, there are some people who are not big ole bleeps that pvp. Sister Smash for one. Even that pink guy that runs around at times isn't a bad guy... a little crazy. But whatever.

More rewards. And something to play for in general might get people to que for hero games regardless and in spite of the bad apples (Elitist. Mean.) in the pvp community.

You mentioned balance jennymachx, did you have something in mind? That seems to be something the devs would definitely have to get involved in. Do you mean pvp specific or a whole game makeover? Just curious... It would be nice though, if the devs would address the ques. I tried not too long ago to que for ZA. It didn't go very well. And others have told me they're tired of queing up for fear of being kicked over and over. How can you even give Hero games a try or come back to it , if you can't even get in? Maybe leaving a message in more than the pvp section would help?

Multiple one's maybe? Isn't Cryptic north aware of this problem?
    Anyway, jennymachx good post.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Very mature.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Funny thing is there's always more than enough duelists in rencen to pop PvP. They should be more willing to queue! At least I can't use plasma beam on them inside the PvP zones :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    You're*
    face*
    U_U*

Your*

No one uses that currently.

Infact I think everyone who currently PvP's uses a different build. I could almost say it's a miracle! ;)

Don't announce that publicly, the reapers will return! D:

PvPers are jerks and it's their fault PvP is broke.

If going after the easiest target and smack talking had the power to turn the competitive aspect of a game into what we have here in CO, then the competitive aspect of every game ever made would be completely messed up to the same degree, because both of those things existed even before video games did. The fact that they are not, shows why it is completely irrational to try to blame the players. We are all equally victims of the games environment, and not a single player is in anyway responsible for that environment.

Your results in pvp are completely of your own choosing. The fact that you might have to choose between customization and winning to some degree is not the fault of other players, ever, not even in some small way.

You wanna blame someone? Blame the devs. Blame the bugs. Blame BASH. But don't ever give in to the temptation to blame other players simply because their objectives aren't the same as yours.

*steps off podium, walks to ice cream truck, buys double scoop* o3o
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    How can you blame a "high-profile" PvPer for PvP's problems. How does one become that influential? I want to be influential somehow! (No I don't :P )
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, no matter what you do there is no stopping human nature which you see a lot of in PvP. If people say that human nature is toxic then so be it but all we are doing is playing the game how it is "designed" but the problem is that it was never "designed" to be like this it's just a result of years of small changes for various reasons that eventually stray from any real obvious plans. In most PvP game design they will spend a lot of time looking into how the game and the players will all interact and it it will all work out.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't announce that publicly, the reapers will return! D:

I wanted to post a picture... Well... F- this.

I would just like to point out that if you all agree that PvP'ers aren't to blame and that they're free to do whatever the hell they want, which is completly understandable, it means that any effort to 'revive' PvP is dead in the water.
    People will refuse to become pinatas (to those desperatly looking to leave a mark in this game or hiding behind the abusive aspect of the game) just because they rejected the boring and undethronable power scheme + <insert attack (possibly burst and ranged)>.

With this... Seriously. What's left to do other than randomly screwing around and debating on a topic that is starting to become fossilized?

I think I have some cards somewhere if people wanna play while waiting for a fix.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    I would just like to point out that if you all agree that PvP'ers aren't to blame and that they're free to do whatever the hell they want, which is completly understandable, it means that any effort to 'revive' PvP is dead in the water.

Well yeah, a bunch of us already said that though u3u
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh so it's not a wetarded thing to say anymore?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Oh so it's not a wetarded thing to say anymore?

No, now it's Wiitarded, so you need a motion controller to say it.
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So.... same old, same old?
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hamsters!!!!!
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is why IbelievePvP still flounders, and I said as muchbefore (and got a sound round of whining and "you know nothing, Wolfpact" from the PvP set. I want to see PvP resurgent. I want the game healthy.But the only time I ever had anything but a miserable experience in PvP was in a few rounds of ZA.

I miss ZA.
    I also miss ZA.
    But i do have a question for you...
    Were you miserable in pvp because of the other players participating in pvp?
    Or was there something else involved? Because ZA had some... questionable folk playing as well that could make it tedious at times too. The "loggers" i call them. Or 4 or more people dying on purpose just so they could wipe out the other heroes.

I tried to log into ZA the other day and couldn't get a pop. So, i can't tell you what it's like at the moment. But not all Pvpers are monsters. But i think i understand where you're coming from.

Peace