test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lets get PvP going again!

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Hero Games
Hey ya'll Imp here.

So since the update the amount of PvP we've been doing IS TOO DAMN LOW! We need ideas on how we can get a "friendly" and active Pvp community build up again. We used to have copvp going most of the day and currently I hardly see anything posted in it. As well as this no one has even really been posting in the hero games section of the forums. I've seen a couple of people dueling now and again and we had a few BASH's going yesterday which simply ended as a disaster.

So what are we gonna do? Shall we try getting team duels going now and again like we've done before? Should we be doing "themed" PvP tournaments with rules to make it fair for all?

FYI I don't want a bunch of people to come on here telling me why you don't PvP even doing duels or anything, I don't really care it's up to you if you want to or not. This thread is about the ways we may be able to get it "active" again.
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• Options
    salutage14xxsalutage14xx Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    # no i dont agree but i do for some damn u j-gear~_^
    --> CHIBI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I feel Rampage! are the new style of old Zombie Apocalypse. u3u
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did you say, Theeeemed!? o.3.o Take out Devices and make sure you don't justify a few powers with cherry picked ones to be themed either, give me a call. xD

Justice Gear aside I'd still like a chance to win or no go.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do queue up out of despair sometimes, like when there's 0 people in all of the queues, even though I often get destroyed in hero games. And I'm like "Am I really the only one in the game to do this".

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rtma wrote: »
    Did you say, Theeeemed!? o.3.o Take out Devices and make sure you don't justify a few powers with cherry picked ones to be themed either, give me a call. xD

Justice Gear aside I'd still like a chance to win or no go.

Notice the " "

Theme could mean anything that the person says it is which is why it'd have to be with strict rules. Of course it'd probably be no devices HOWEVER if we are to do this I suggest we don't do it as a 1v1 type thing purely because it would end up with no one being able to kill each other. Plus 1v1's are boring as hell in CO as it is in comparison to team PvP not to mention being much less balanced. Fact is the only way to truly be fair is if everyone is using the same build and same gear and technically have the same internet connection...

-_-
  • Options
    iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey ya'll Imp here.

So since the update the amount of PvP we've been doing IS TOO DAMN LOW! We need ideas on how we can get a "friendly" and active Pvp community build up again. We used to have copvp going most of the day and currently I hardly see anything posted in it. As well as this no one has even really been posting in the hero games section of the forums. I've seen a couple of people dueling now and again and we had a few BASH's going yesterday which simply ended as a disaster.

So what are we gonna do? Shall we try getting team duels going now and again like we've done before? Should we be doing "themed" PvP tournaments with rules to make it fair for all?

FYI I don't want a bunch of people to come on here telling me why you don't PvP even doing duels or anything, I don't really care it's up to you if you want to or not. This thread is about the ways we may be able to get it "active" again.

There is no way I will ever queue in a freeform PvP arena again, but I would give PvP a new chance in the form of team duels.

We use to organize foosball tournaments and promote matches, and we experience a problem similar to what happens in CO PvP, the difference between skilled and casual is so high that makes casuals disappointed and skilled bored because of lack of challenge. I ll try to summarize all the things we do to keep it alive maybe something can be taken to help CO PvP:
    1. We try to avoid that the best players to play in the same team.
    2. We try to mix players in teams, example: new players with veterans.
    3. When there is a tournament with nice prizes we make categories, usually 2: pro and amateur, but there can be more depending on the players we see.
    4. We make rules less strict in some categories.
    5. We do not let players from high categories to participate in low categories, but we let do the opposite.
    6. We use a ranking system based on ELO (a bit modified to fit into foosball), it has 2 reasons: to know who is pro, and to improve competition, because players try to go up in the ranking, and who wants to go up needs to participate in many tournaments.
    7. Saturday training: all Saturdays any player (no matter category) can join in casual matches and training, pros provide tips and so on.

If i remember anything else i ll add it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iceih03 wrote: »
    We use to organize foosball tournaments and promote matches, and we experience a problem similar to what happens in CO PvP, the difference between skilled and casual is so high that makes casuals disappointed and skilled bored because of lack of challenge. I ll try to summarize all the things we do to keep it alive maybe something can be taken to help CO PvP:
    1. We try to avoid that the best players to play in the same team.
    2. We try to mix players in teams, example: new players with veterans.
    3. When there is a tournament with nice prizes we make categories, usually 2: pro and amateur, but there can be more depending on the players we see.
    4. We make rules less strict in some categories.
    5. We do not let players from high categories to participate in low categories, but we let do the opposite.
    6. We use a ranking system based on ELO (a bit modified to fit into foosball), it has 2 reasons: to know who is pro, and to improve competition, because players try to go up in the ranking, and who wants to go up needs to participate in many tournaments.
    7. Saturday training: all Saturdays any player (no matter category) can join in casual matches and training, pros provide tips and so on.

Some interesting ideas, many which some people have said before over the past year however still good ideas. The problem I see is it's hard to see how the playerbase in CO is bigger to start up something like this, let along maintain it. We've attempted team events in the past but previously it was either mainly just players that PvP a fair amount already or it starts off trying to be fair for everyone and ends up with certain SG's making teams of their SG only for some reason. The problem with saying it like "pro" is that technically I could give a couple of builds to anyone no matter how much experience they have in PvP and as long as they know how to do basic rotations of powers they could probably take on 3 normal players at once due to how broken the build is. Most of us who do PvP currently use builds we find fun to play, there isn't any reason why not as we aren't out to "win" or more over I should say to "not lose" which generally is the case in CO PvP.

Fact is, I believe getting this going would require the people who do PvP in CO where every one of us know it other and the people in other areas of the game needing to get to know each other better. I don't know if you have heard about our CO.alition idea, we're still setting things up with it but so far it's working out rather well for people getting to know one another. PvP is much more fun against people you know than against strangers.
  • Options
    kingironwolf69kingironwolf69 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no moar peeVpee
  • Options
    orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why not start a "fight night". Pick a night, the pick high skill player to form teams. The teams are made up of mid to lower skill lvl players. Then run the events like a sport event. So each week X teams fight after a few weeks the teams with the highs win counts go face to face in a big event. Then after that start it all over again but if players want to switch teams they can.

You could then also market the big event as a rp event. Not the fight but everything that leads up to it. have a host, cheerleaders ect ect. It could be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    My idea for making people coming back to PvP and also make it enjoyable.

Rule 1. Don't Gank single person so much in B.A.S.H. (unless he or she taking leading point) even you get mad on him/her. Any punishment won't solve someones problem caused by own personality.
    Rule 2. Don't farm newbie or someone squishy. We are here to fight against someone bigger and stronger than yourselves right? Don't do spawn farm also.
    Rule 3. Don't be so mean, don't be so angry. We are here to enjoy right?
    Rule 4. If you find troll in game, just say "you so tsundere kawaii" and leave them alone. Trolls and #$%&'( becomes more bigger as you touch.
    Rule 5. If you feel you are bit over powered then other people in game, think what you can do for them to make them enjoy. PvP is an entertainment.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »
    My idea for making people coming back to PvP and also make it enjoyable.

I agree, also sometimes we all need the courage to tell a lie. (lol had to do that one to your avatar) We should give people a chance instead of just trying to win all the time, ofcourse you need to have the passion to get a win that is what PvP is all about but we shouldn't exploit the lack of balance in the game to make it super easy for ourselves.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yay! And maybe we can get the devs to fix the team pvp queues and lower the requirements for popping them!
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree, also sometimes we all need the courage to tell a lie. (lol had to do that one to your avatar) We should give people a chance instead of just trying to win all the time, ofcourse you need to have the passion to get a win that is what PvP is all about but we shouldn't exploit the lack of balance in the game to make it super easy for ourselves.

I hoped to see this written by anyone else but me, I don't know if I should be disgusted or relieved that it's finally brought up.

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PvP is dead.

Long live the new PvE Trinity Rampage.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    PvE is just as dead as PvP...

Long live the new glowing aura ERP!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Long live the new PvE Trinity Rampage.

Now Rampage! dieing... Sad. :(
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Rule 6 : always make time for disco.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Rule 6 : always make time for disco.

A rule so universal, Freespace 2 mods even follow it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Until DEVICES go the way of the dinosaur, i will never play bash again.

And that's a shame, because i used to love ZA and Bash. Leveled my two mains on those ques back in the day.

If devices somehow were taken out of hero games, me and a lot of people would return.
    That would be a start.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not this nonsense again. The horse is dead. It's been dead. It's so decomposed that it's literally just a rib and a hoof... they don't even smell anymore. There's so little left of the damn thing that you're having trouble scoring a hit on it with that stick.

This boat has sailed. Heck, this boat sailed several times and has since been decommisioned, dismantled, and burned. You are now trying to sail out of port with a pile of ashes.

Just let it go. PvP had a brief resurgence, but there was nothing on the developer end to help it flourish, and there never will be.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Not this nonsense again. The horse is dead. It's been dead. It's so decomposed that it's literally just a rib and a hoof... they don't even smell anymore. There's so little left of the damn thing that you're having trouble scoring a hit on it with that stick.

This boat has sailed. Heck, this boat sailed several times and has since been decommisioned, dismantled, and burned. You are now trying to sail out of port with a pile of ashes.

Just let it go. PvP had a brief resurgence, but there was nothing on the developer end to help it flourish, and there never will be.

Shut up nuuuub, you no prooooov!

I hearby declare war on kagami, every time we have one of our epic battles this music will play:

Kagami vs Imp battle music

It will go down in the CO history books as the most epicest battle ever!

"IT'S A D-DRAW!? EHH!"
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Ahh, who am i kidding... you are so right, PVP is pretty dead. I was just responding to what might help improve or bring back some folks. I was just going on my experiences with friends and such.

But yeah, PVP is not getting any better at this point.
    Taking out those dreadful devices would bring back some folks, but not enough to help out overall numbers IMHO.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Shut up nuuuub, you no prooooov!

I hearby declare war on kagami, every time we have one of our epic battles this music will play:

Kagami vs Imp battle music

It will go down in the CO history books as the most epicest battle ever!

"IT'S A D-DRAW!? EHH!"

The song is too long, I would be dead before the second verse.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The song is too long, I would be dead before the second verse.

Don't worry, get MD and unbreakable with enough cooldown to rotate them 24/7 and you'll last the entire song and it'll end as a draw! :D

EHHH!?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Don't worry, get MD and unbreakable with enough cooldown to rotate them 24/7 and you'll last the entire song and it'll end as a draw! :D

EHHH!?

I have those things and it won't.
  • Options
    strazabornstrazaborn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All you need for a PvP resurgence is a resurrection of the Heal-tanks of old...
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The devs gave up on PvP long ago. It's just a matter of time before anyone who enjoyed PvP moves on. Good players, bad players, trolls and nice folk alike.

Yet I still see people whining about the already nerfed devices. Funny & sad all at once.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    oobtree wrote: »
    Yet I still see people whining about the already nerfed devices. Funny & sad all at once.

You forgot about stealth, the amount of people I see in trade / rampagers chat while I'm over in NW complaining about PvP issues is really odd because I'm pretty sure they only duel a person like once a year and it'd probably usually be caliga.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You forgot about stealth

I never forget about stealth.

The whining I refer to is the comments in this thread from 'lovehammer'... He can't help it though. That's his M.O. -- whining about things that aren't really a big deal in PvP, because he doesn't have a clue about PvP. "Oh noes! You used an Eruption! You'll be innume for like 15 or 18 seconds and then you can't use it for another couple minutes! HOW UNFAIR! WAHHHHH." You know, typical non-PvPer whining about PeeveePee stuffs.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That would require transparency and, you know, reporting exploits as soon as they are encountered instead of keeping and putting them to use. There are some pretty big names that take the moral high ground when people are watching, and I shake my head because, at some point, they nerd raged on copvp and brought out their "farming character" to "really show them."
    Soon after, there is resentment due to crony behaviour, and these community efforts break
    down. How many times does this have to fail?

No revival effort will succeed short of Cryptic adjusting the rules of the game. No player can be trusted.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No revival effort will succeed short of Cryptic adjusting the rules of the game. No player can be trusted.

Ahhh my feels, where is a green bubble when I need it! :<

But yeah you certainly have a point. Hey, it's PvP people do it to beat each other up and prove what they have worked towards building a build and getting the best gear to put what they have to the test. Every PvP'er has a cheesier toon and some have lesser toons they use for fun so you are right where people have a toon they can switch onto if they get buthurt. For example when I just started PvP'ing again about a year and a half ago in one of my first bash's a certain youtuber was playing on one of his "pve" toons. I killed him once and I was really happy that I did manage to kill him at the time as my build was using blue gear and butchers blades, he got super mad then switched onto his main and spawn killed me 10 times in a row using a bind target so he always knew where I had just spawned.

This guy was hardly someone to really get anything going but every PvP'er has something like that in them, maybe not so extreme but without any hunger to win in PvP it stops really being that fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Dunno pvp seems live and well for me.

The a Ultimate Liga guy duels me he whips out two gun, dinos and AOPM , so I just one shot'ed him with a Conquer approved Haymaker and then he just started calling me a cheater. So I said duel me again I wont haymaker you. We dueled again. I Sapphired his **** into next year then afk sat on his face.

Good times.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I never forget about stealth.

The whining I refer to is the comments in this thread from 'lovehammer'... He can't help it though. That's his M.O. -- whining about things that aren't really a big deal in PvP, because he doesn't have a clue about PvP. "Oh noes! You used an Eruption! You'll be innume for like 15 or 18 seconds and then you can't use it for another couple minutes! HOW UNFAIR! WAHHHHH." You know, typical non-PvPer whining about PeeveePee stuffs.
    Why does it hurt some people when others bring up their opinions? Why does it seem some people get wounded by what others think. Then come the underhanded insults, like that of a child.

If you don't agree that's fine. But, if somebody has an opinion other than yours, being an a-hole about it doesn't really change much.

I get it. You NEED devices. Fine. I could careless. When i talk to a lot people as well as my friends about why they don't play Bash more, it seems to come down to people abusing devices. The post was about bringing in more people to play. This seemed like a logical thing to bring up to increase numbers... only because this has been brought up time and time again.

I give a eff if you cry about me or anybody talking about your crutches (Devices) you act like i was attacking someone. I was not. But you used my name. So, i had to call you out. I didn't start this. Just because you can't deal with someone mentioning your beloved DEVICES doesn't give you the right to talk down to me. So... i don't pvp anymore. And... i still have friends that do. I still hear them complain about devices. That's the only reason i brought it up.

Childish and ignorant. Please keep my name out of your mouth. Nobody else felt attacked by my post, why do you?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That would require transparency and, you know, reporting exploits as soon as they are encountered instead of keeping and putting them to use. There are some pretty big names that take the moral high ground when people are watching, and I shake my head because, at some point, they nerd raged on copvp and brought out their "farming character" to "really show them."
    Soon after, there is resentment due to crony behaviour, and these community efforts break
    down. How many times does this have to fail?

There are people who are just plain mean.
    Winning at pvp is all they care about. No matter the cost. Moral high ground? Well, I'm sure there are a few out there, but really...exploits exist and many use them to their advantage.

And if you call out these individuals on it, they just call you weak or jealous for not wanting to be like them. Rather pathetic and sad.

And yes, this happens even in dueling. SMH.
    Some people will never change. So, to answer your question... the failing is endless.
    "No player can be trusted"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    but really...exploits exist and many use them to their advantage.

Yeah exploiting exploits is lame... Wait now even I'm confused, how can you exploit exploits. Surely they are named exploits as they are bugs or things are not intended that are being exploited. So you are exploiting something that was already exploited...

I wonder who exploited it first, it's like the chicken and the egg as for which came first that's for sure!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah exploiting exploits is lame... Wait now even I'm confused, how can you exploit exploits. Surely they are named exploits as they are bugs or things are not intended that are being exploited. So you are exploiting something that was already exploited...

I wonder who exploited it first, it's like the chicken and the egg as for which came first that's for sure!
    To explain, i have to steal a line from Brou...

That would require transparency and, you know, reporting exploits as soon as they are encountered instead of keeping and putting them to use.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You know what, after going over to the memorial post...
    None of this "petty" device talk means a thing to me.
    I was just reminded of what's really important.

Just thought i would share.
    And for those that have not seen the Memorial post... take a look.
    It's about something real and meaningful. Devices? PVP? Not so much.

It will just take a moment of your time.

Peace :smile: R.I.P. Crimson Bolt
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think the sarcasm I implied has escaped you, and somehow led you to the conclusion I am making an argument that is somehow "pro device user trolling."

Let me explain.

I see you have your opinion, and you are free to have one. As am I, last time I checked.

My comment was mean't to expose just how you're fanning a flame but having to start a fire first. Why whine about devices when no one was even talking about them? It's a dead cow that you insist on poking with a stick time and time again.

BTW, nice job with all the generalizations you've run rampant with in the below quote.
    I barely even play this game. Mostly because people like you go out of their way to derail threads with off-topic anti-device nonsense.

Why does it hurt some people when others bring up their opinions? Why does it seem some people get wounded by what others think. Then come the underhanded insults, like that of a child.

If you don't agree that's fine. But, if somebody has an opinion other than yours, being an a-hole about it doesn't really change much.

I get it. You NEED devices. Fine. I could careless. When i talk to a lot people as well as my friends about why they don't play Bash more, it seems to come down to people abusing devices. The post was about bringing in more people to play. This seemed like a logical thing to bring up to increase numbers... only because this has been brought up time and time again.

I give a eff if you cry about me or anybody talking about your crutches (Devices) you act like i was attacking someone. I was not. But you used my name. So, i had to call you out. I didn't start this. Just because you can't deal with someone mentioning your beloved DEVICES doesn't give you the right to talk down to me. So... i don't pvp anymore. And... i still have friends that do. I still hear them complain about devices. That's the only reason i brought it up.

Childish and ignorant. Please keep my name out of your mouth. Nobody else felt attacked by my post, why do you?

EDIT: Your original post on page 2, imho, is like this:

"I'LL NEVER PLAY A HERO GAME AGAIN, UNTIL THEY MAKE SOMETHING ALREADY INSIGNIFICANT EVEN MORE INSIGNIFICANT."

So constructive. Much contribution.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You know what, after going over to the memorial post...
    None of this "petty" device talk means a thing to me.
    I was just reminded of what's really important.

I don't remember saying anything about devices, malware only mentioned where people were complaining about it pointlessly as if complaining will do anything.

Games are made to be fun to play so that the company can make money from the fact people find it fun enough to continue playing the MMO. Fact is it shouldn't really matter to anyone what anyone else really thinks while playing a game. People take stuff to serious in games and it can really become un-healthy.

Yeah the memorial does remind you of things in real life, ofcourse a game is not real life. However to a lot of people CO is much like a house for people to stay in. A community is housed inside this house, the house currently isn't getting the maintenance it really needs and problems people have such as leaks and damp is worse than ever. Infact I hear in some rooms people have had infestation of lucidity spiders. :O

"MY DOG!"

Fact is people wont stick around in that house, they'll search for a new room in another house as they find some of the lack of maintenance to be too much to really find being in that house fun to be in. As these people start to leave other's find that the community they once had is now gone and many of their friends are gone, many before they leave spread a bunch of things such as doom posters and write books with stupid stories in before leaving.

I am still hopeful that in the summer after this NW change comes in maybe we'll see some maintenance on various parts of the game, the house is still standing the walls are all intact and some wallpaper and carpet is still keeping it's colour to not need replacing. But work needs doing on it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Guys..are we pr0 yet? >__>"
  • Options
    smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PvP was fun the last few times it popped...

I could live with a queue fix, nevermind glaring things like Stronghold turrets. Please :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014

We are all pr0h deep down, just some of us don't know it yet! :D

Here, have the most annoying smiley on the internet. -> :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't remember saying anything about devices, malware only mentioned where people were complaining about it pointlessly as if complaining will do anything.

Games are made to be fun to play so that the company can make money from the fact people find it fun enough to continue playing the MMO. Fact is it shouldn't really matter to anyone what anyone else really thinks while playing a game. People take stuff to serious in games and it can really become un-healthy.

Yeah the memorial does remind you of things in real life, ofcourse a game is not real life. However to a lot of people CO is much like a house for people to stay in. A community is housed inside this house, the house currently isn't getting the maintenance it really needs and problems people have such as leaks and damp is worse than ever. Infact I hear in some rooms people have had infestation of lucidity spiders. :O

"MY DOG!"

Fact is people wont stick around in that house, they'll search for a new room in another house as they find some of the lack of maintenance to be too much to really find being in that house fun to be in. As these people start to leave other's find that the community they once had is now gone and many of their friends are gone, many before they leave spread a bunch of things such as doom posters and write books with stupid stories in before leaving.

I am still hopeful that in the summer after this NW change comes in maybe we'll see some maintenance on various parts of the game, the house is still standing the walls are all intact and some wallpaper and carpet is still keeping it's colour to not need replacing. But work needs doing on it.
    I don't remember saying anything about devices, malware only mentioned where people were complaining about it pointlessly as if complaining will do anything. "It's not what he said mostly, it was how it was said and directed.

But like i said, no big deal. I had a opinion. He alone responded. It's been addressed as a non matter. Fine. I have my views, others have theirs. Devices are a part of PVP. I would like to see them gone, so newbies and pure builders would feel better(All i hear from some people) about joining bash. (Not a nerf) Lot of assumptions about my post... sigh.

Anyway, enough is enough. Maybe there is another solution to bringing in new players...
    Pass it on, when and if you find a way to make that happen.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't remember saying anything about devices

Page 2, you posted without warrant, topic or prompt:
    Until DEVICES go the way of the dinosaur, i will never play bash again.

And that's a shame, because i used to love ZA and Bash. Leveled my two mains on those ques back in the day.

If devices somehow were taken out of hero games, me and a lot of people would return.
    That would be a start.

You said "I will never play bash again"

To be honest, I've played a ****load of bash and have most of it recorded and uploaded to youtube for at least 2 years of pre/post-on alert. When did you play bash exactly? Why is your outdated, meaningless comment on page 2 important to the current state of PvP?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I've never been pr0h, I'm always mature. o3o
  • Options
    embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    -megasnip-.

Everyone has access to devices, not just the opposite team o0? I think you either are too lazy to farm or don't want to spend money. No effort means no result, that's life. Instead of crying you could invest the time into something more productive, so you can be on par with the other gamers... (farming, pew, pew, brrrzzz, brrrrzzz, etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Page 2, you posted without warrant, topic or prompt:

I don't remember saying anything about devices

You said "I will never play bash again"

To be honest, I've played a ****load of bash and have most of it recorded and uploaded to youtube for at least 2 years of pre/post-on alert. When did you play bash exactly? Why is your outdated, meaningless comment on page 2 important to the current state of PvP?

DUDE that quote in red was from IMP! Not me...what the eff are you talking about? I was answering that with this..."It's not what he said mostly, it was how it was said and directed.

What is your problem? You are way off base. Talk about meaningless, outdated, and classless all in one. Read, and comprehend what you see and you won't get lost, man.

I was simply replying to Imps post. Wow. Get a grip. Nobody is concerned with your elitist attitude about the current state of pvp. It was about clearing up a misunderstanding, and asking IMP if there are any other ways to bring newbies in. Again, THE TEXT IN RED is not my QUOTE! I was responding to it! Jeezus!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

You take the hero games forums too serious sometimes. ;D Don't worry, I do that sometimes too.

I would like to think that despite everything and despite PvP being so hostile, everyone actually has a really nice side and we're all just trying to make the game more interesting for ourselves sometimes when you see people like luci slowly turn insane.

I like how laid back our "coPvP" community is, it's nice.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Everyone has access to devices, not just the opposite team o0? I think you either are too lazy to farm or don't want to spend money. No effort means no result, that's life. Instead of crying you could invest the time intor something more productive, so you can be on par with the other gamers... (farming, pew, pew, brrrzzz, brrrrzzz, etc.)
    Again with the assumptions. Wrong ,wrong and wrong again.
    Not about money. Been here since the first day. Threw down dollars have not looked back. I have tons of drifter salvage. Buy and sell devices all the time. I DON"T WONT DEVICES on my builds. So, you and others need to accept the fact that there are people out there that want nothing to do with devices.

I don't want to be like certain people. I don't want to be, like them. Understand?
    I know, it's hard to grasp. But really, I"m good and happy with my builds the way they are.
    And conforming to using devices to beat up other players isn't for me.

For others...that's what they want to do... cool. My problem is with the assumptions that if someone doesn't like devices, all of sudden they are somehow crying or jealous, have no clue.

Please... you can have your devices. I said as much. It's a part of pvp. I wish it wasn't, as i think it would bring in more people. It's that simple. I love devices in pve and rampages. Makes a whole lot of sense there. But don't over analyze someone or an opinion.

9 times out of ten you will be wrong
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You take the hero games forums too serious sometimes. ;D Don't worry, I do that sometimes too.

I would like to think that despite everything and despite PvP being so hostile, everyone actually has a really nice side and we're all just trying to make the game more interesting for ourselves sometimes when you see people like luci slowly turn insane.

I like how laid back our "coPvP" community is, it's nice.
    You know, i really would like to think some people have a nice side... but there are a few people i think that were born without a heart or soul. I really do. Getting attacked for having an opinion outside the norm i guess is expected in the "Hostile" world of pvp.

But, at the very least you seem to have a more open viewpoint then most.
    Do you have any idea's on getting PVP going again? Can i direct some of my more pvp curious friends to the post... or is that a bad idea? Will they be attacked also, if their ideas don't mesh with the "Current state of pvp"?

Every once in a awhile i think of coming back to pvp. Then i come here. And i see why i don't. No offense to you. But the venom. The vile.
    But aside from that, i hope pvp gets a revamp.
    It used to be a lot of fun early on in it's existence. Unlike a lot of people who hate pvp and the people who play pvp... it would be nice to see it thrive for all types of players, not just a certain few.
    If there were a way to bridge that gap... i just don't think Cryptic cares that much.

Sigh...