test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20131213.13/.14 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6:30pm, 2/7/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20131213.3
FC.31.20131213.5
FC.31.20131213.8/.9
FC.31.20131213.11

Release Notes for FC.31.20131213.13:

We have temporarily hidden the Rampage Revamp on PTS for this build. It will return next week.

Preview

• This build contains our new Heartstring Lockbox. Check out the new costume pieces and vehicles on the Debugger!

• Heartstring is standing in Ren Cen showing off her costume and bike.

Costumes

• Fire Aura: Hair now works on hair made for beast heads.

Release Notes for FC.31.20131213.14:

Preview

• Heartstring Lockbox 12-pack now provides the correct box.
  • Changed Heartstring's bio to use the US spelling of "medalist".
  • Arrowhead and Adder bikes now have 4 weapon slots instead of 3.
  • The Archer Cape is now available in Back and Neck.
  • The Archer Quiver back piece was missing for female characters. Fixed.
  • The Archer costumes now unlock on account.
  • All Archer costume pieces now mirror correctly (no more ??? messages).
  • Heartstring's bike in Ren Cen no longer flickers.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Heartstring Costumes are so PERFECT!!!
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Heartstring Costumes are so PERFECT!!!

I can't get in game tonight, any chance you could post a screenshot ?

Please.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    • Fire Aura: Hair now works on hair made for beast heads.

I can't actually test this but can anyone confirm this to be working on the vampire head that has hair? I wasn't too happy that my imps hair couldn't be on fire. :<
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I very much like how the lockbox tooltip shows little thumbnail pics of the grav bike, bow weapon skin, and archer costume set. It's nice to have this little preview of those items.

EDIT: Good lord, I so want that Archer costume set after taking a look at the different pieces...
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I can't get in game tonight, any chance you could post a screenshot ?

Please.

hearstring1.jpg

This hood part are also able to combined with many hairstyles,
    You can use this [shirt] parts separated as neckpart, shirt, and etc... I'm so happy.:smile:
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3v4hHRY.jpg

For those wondering what they look like.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like the new set, the headlights on the bike look pretty dope, too :3

The Advertisement bike park next to heartstring will flicker very rapidly when viewed from certain angles (or when it approaches the edge of the screen more commonly, though it has happened while it was in the center of my screen and fully visible).

Edit: This was on full settings, which I can run with no problems otherwise, just in case that matters.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Bug: Archer Costume Set only unlocks on the character, not the account.

The Heartstring Bow does unlock on the account, just not the costume set.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Why is the cape put in the neck section? SURELY it should be in back, it just looks stupid in neck and doesn't make much sense.

And don't call me Shirley.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Holy Crap !!!

That set is awesome.

Thank you for the screenshot.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Why is the cape put in the neck section? SURELY it should be in back, it just looks stupid in neck and doesn't make much sense.

My guess is so that you can have the cape on the neck and the quiver on the back like how the NPC looks.

• Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3v4hHRY.jpg

DO WANT!

Shut up and take my money!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    2 capes, one hero.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    2 capes, one hero.

You can actually get 3 capes if you use the one on that head piece. Then using the waist cape you'd be at 4. :O
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can actually get 3 capes if you use the one on that head piece. Then using the waist cape you'd be at 4. :O

I have a character called Capeman just to use those combos.

This will add yet another. I luv it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    • This build contains our new Heartstring Lockbox. Check out the new costume pieces and vehicles on the Debugger!
    Heartstring . . . please don't Tell me that this is a Velentines Day Lockbox! :mad:
    3v4hHRY.jpg

A GREEN Bike Venicles?
    AND an Archer Costume Set?

DO WANT!
    b41.png

(the Costume is Unisex... right? RIGHT?)
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ag167ag167 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the long awaited archer set, AW YEAH

vehicle looks awesome also.

Is there any way we can get the Archer Mask to be de-linked from only being usable with the hood? I'd love to have that kind of mask available to use without having to use the hood with it.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well.... there goes my stipend, hopefully ill get lucky and get a costume set =p.

Awesome job on the costume set, is just absolutely gorgeous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interesting use of the lockbox tooltip showing the previews of items. Its a clever touch!

The heart aura is a bit over the top. It would be nice to have a version that is similar to the hearts that comes off of players when they are kissed with mistletoe.

Would it be too much trouble to make the cape an option for the neck and the back? Or add another back part to the tailor?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's for the 'Valentine's Day Event EXTREEEEEEEAM!!'?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, I was reading Heartstring's Bio. I like it, but there's just one tiny detail that confuses the hell out of me.

Okay, she's a French Olympic Archery Medalist, (Bug:which you spelt Medallist in the bio which is a typo) who got a mystical bow that can see how people are connected through their 'heart strings'. Great I get it and love it

But then there's "...soon she debuted as a hero with her trusty Arrowhead Grav Bike..". Where does a 22 year old french woman get such a futuristic vehicle? I know you're trying to get people to buy cool vehicles that your modelers and scripters work hard on, but it just feels so out of place.

Is France like Future-France or something?

+I like the Heart Aura
    +I like the popups of the items in the boxes
    +Heartstring is a pretty interesting character
    +The new bikes are pretty cool looking

-Heartstring's bike flickers like it's stuck in two dimensions
    -"Medallist" is a typo. Should be Medalist
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bug: Back quiver from the Archer set is not available on female characters.

Heartstring is female so I am assuming this is a bug. Also, having the mask as an option without the hood would be cool.

I LOVE this set.

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bug: The arrowhead in the ren cen flickers and changes LOD if the camera is too close.

Wow, you guys have really got this seasonal lockbox thing down pat. Love the heart aura and the new costume.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No Heart TIGHTS!!???
    Come on....:frown:
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    No Heart TIGHTS!!???
    Come on....:frown:

Better yet. Heart BRIEFS

Or atleast very tight short shorts with heart decals.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ya! New quivers!

New costume set looks shiny :) And the Adder is perfect for my Might character :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    malvou wrote:
    But then there's "...soon she debuted as a hero with her trusty Arrowhead Grav Bike..". Where does a 22 year old french woman get such a futuristic vehicle? I know you're trying to get people to buy cool vehicles that your modelers and scripters work hard on, but it just feels so out of place.

From the same company that provides other Hover Bikes, Tanks, Chariots, Jet Planes and KindOfSubmarines. 'The Guess Whats In The Box Toy And Vehicle Company'.

Now just wait for April Fools Event, to get more Fighting Claw skins.
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This looks like a very well-detailed costume set. Kudos.
    Almost makes me want to roll up an archer. Almost.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bug: Debugger's current 12 Pack of Heartstring Lockboxes unpacks to 12 Winter Wonderland Lockboxes

Also I had a thought since you have added a vehicle on a display plinth.

Suggestion: Reoutfit Questionite Exchange Building as a Vehicle Display Center. It's large enough to allow a large number of vehicles (replace drill units and Questionite terminals with rotating plinths like in the car show space downtown. Additionally it's tall enough that the plinths could float at different levels. If possible you could even replicate something similar to the holographic displays they use in the shipyards in STO but with the ability to cycle through the full models of all the vehicles. As it is the Questionite Exchange building currently lacks a real use other than for screenshots and I think allowing players to see the vehicles up close would be a nice quality of life improvement and bring a use to an otherwise empty building. Seeing as vehicle weapon mods are a Q store purchase you could even leave a few of the questionite vendors in there to give it some population.
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    BUG: The Heartstring Lockbox 12-Pack item from both DeBugger and Heartstring give you 12 Winter Wonderland Lockboxes when used.

Might be a few miffed people if that one hits live.

*gasp* I've been Ninja'd within less than a minute! Guess I shouldn't have debated on rewriting that. :P
  • Options
    kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Bug: Archer Set unlocks per character instead of per account. (though this may be intentional)

Bug: Heartstrings' back quiver is not unlocked by the Archer Set unlock. (though this also may be intentional)

Bug: The following pieces "Archer Bracer", "Archer Gauntlet", "Thigh Quiver", and "Archer Boot" do not appear in the list of pieces when selecting the 'Both' option.

Bug: The Archer Gauntlet piece's skin texture differs so much from the normal skin textures that there is a clear and jarring contrast between them.

Suggestion: Why not make the Archer Mask wearable without the hood?
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The archer costume pieces are phenomenal and I cannot wait to get the set.

I do like the Arrowhead's look, but is that enough to give it resale value? A lockbox vehicle with a 0.5% drop chance ought to have a highly desirable weapon in it.

Side note: This Valentine's Day thing has to go. No one will care about Valentine's Day in less than a week, but this lockbox will probably still be here 2 months from now.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

I honestly think it's better to have it as a neck piece, it allows for such amazing combinations with wings and weapons on the character's back.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    voyagersix wrote: »
    The archer costume pieces are phenomenal and I cannot wait to get the set.

I do like the Arrowhead's look, but is that enough to give it resale value? A lockbox vehicle with a 0.5% drop chance ought to have a highly desirable weapon in it.

Side note: This Valentine's Day thing has to go. No one will care about Valentine's Day in less than a week, but this lockbox will probably still be here 2 months from now.

The Lockbox is actually meant to be Valentine's day related, just as the Takofanes one was Halloween related.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kriss94 wrote: »
    The Lockbox is actually meant to be Valentine's day related, just as the Takofanes one was Halloween related.

CU3SGuT.jpg
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    please keep sarcasm to a minimum and posts on topic - it is supposed to be a discussion of the latest build.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kriss94 wrote: »
    I honestly think it's better to have it as a neck piece, it allows for such amazing combinations with wings and weapons on the character's back.

Well the biggest problem I have with it is that it wont work with cape glide which is the one reason I would usually use a cape on a costume for.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well the biggest problem I have with it is that it wont work with cape glide which is the one reason I would usually use a cape on a costume for.

This sounds like a pretty valid issue. How about if they cloned the cape piece, and had one in neck and one on back? I can't imagine it'd ve that hard to pull off.

Sidebar: event timing for this game has traditionally been terrible. We really shouldn't be rolling out Valentine's Day week of or Xmas on the week before.

Second sidebar: If I could mirror someone else's sentiments, It'd be quite cool to get someholiday themed tights.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    To be honest I want them to get this done as soon as possible.

There is the new rampage system waiting to be released! D:
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am liking the look of the new costume set and vehicle!

Bugs have been expressed by others so no need for me to echo them.

Nice work guys!
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Also I had a thought since you have added a vehicle on a display plinth.

Suggestion: Reoutfit Questionite Exchange Building as a Vehicle Display Center. It's large enough to allow a large number of vehicles (replace drill units and Questionite terminals with rotating plinths like in the car show space downtown. Additionally it's tall enough that the plinths could float at different levels. If possible you could even replicate something similar to the holographic displays they use in the shipyards in STO but with the ability to cycle through the full models of all the vehicles. As it is the Questionite Exchange building currently lacks a real use other than for screenshots and I think allowing players to see the vehicles up close would be a nice quality of life improvement and bring a use to an otherwise empty building. Seeing as vehicle weapon mods are a Q store purchase you could even leave a few of the questionite vendors in there to give it some population.

That's a great suggestion. I'd totally forgotten that the Q exchange building even existed.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lockboxes again. Yay. Wonder what the drop rate is going to be.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lockboxes again. Yay. Wonder what the drop rate is going to be.

It's to be expected.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The data is already up from 12th Power.
    I lost the link, though.
    :(

Looks like the vehicles have 0.2% and 0.5% drop rates.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've tried out the costume pieces and I like them....I'll definitely go for this set and use the pieces on a bunch of toons.

However, I get that you guys are going for the wrinkled, folded look.............but the effect was used a bit too much on the boots, imo. They kinda look like they're made of crumpled cardboard.

screenshot_2014-02-10-00-15-43.jpg

If this effect was toned down on the boots then the set would be awesome.

Also, I'm really digging the Archer Shirt (long and short), but they clip really badly with long gloves....shame.

screenshot_2014-02-10-01-42-07.jpg

And yeah, the cape should have options of neck AND back.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want those boots O.O
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Ah, but I am left handed!"
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The data is already up from 12th Power.
    I lost the link, though.
    :(

Looks like the vehicles have 0.2% and 0.5% drop rates.

1000 Heartstring Lockboxes

0.2% - Adder
    0.9% - Arrowhead
    2.5% - Legion's Armor Pack
    2.6% - Archer Costume Set
    3.3% - Heartstring Bow
    4.2% - Valentine Hearts Aura
    7.8% - Mercenary's Armor Pack
    9.8% - Vehicle Modification Case
    10.8% - Crate of Drifter Salvage
    13.6% - Crate of Questionite
    16.2% - Rare Modification Case
    28.1% - Modification Supply Case
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    voyagersix wrote: »
    1000 Heartstring Lockboxes

0.2% - Adder
    0.9% - Arrowhead
    2.5% - Legion's Armor Pack
    2.6% - Archer Costume Set
    3.3% - Heartstring Bow

4.2% - Valentine Hearts Aura
    7.8% - Mercenary's Armor Pack
    9.8% - Vehicle Modification Case
    10.8% - Crate of Drifter Salvage
    13.6% - Crate of Questionite
    16.2% - Rare Modification Case
    28.1% - Modification Supply Case

Oof! Those are not good chances. Will not be opening these boxes myself. With my luck I'll just get mods and... wait is there no booster box in this one or is it just not listed here?
    biffsig.jpg