What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Come Grab Your Free Arc Gifts!

Comments

• Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you have access to another computer with Arc installed, you might be able to log in through there and redeem your codes. Or you can just install Arc alone without downloading any games, redeem the keys, and uninstall again.

Sorry for the late reply but thank you! I shall try this.:biggrin:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The titles are a nice addition, though I really wanted flag capes! :P
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you have access to another computer with Arc installed, you might be able to log in through there and redeem your codes. Or you can just install Arc alone without downloading any games, redeem the keys, and uninstall again.
    Sneakily enough, if you want to claim the off-duty outfit in STO, you have to log into the game through Arc. And you have to stay logged in while swapping to all the characters you want the outfit on. (The base number of toons for a Silver STO account is two; either last year or the year before they gave out a third, and if you ever had Gold for any length of time you have one more. That means that my emergency backup account, which was created during a free weekend before F2P and thus counted as "gold", has four toons, plus the three on my main.)

Fortunately, STO implemented the Change Character button even before CO, so it's not difficult - unless you're so terrified of software used by a company whose owners live in China that you refuse to run Arc at all. (My favorite complaint was someone worrying about Chinese Intelligence, based on the fact that the NSA tries to monitor chat in WoW to watch for potential really stupid terrorists. If you're going to be sweating international intelligence agencies infesting your games, maybe you'd be better off just unplugging your computer and moving to the Unabomber's old cabin...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, I have never used a third party launcher like this before.
    Yuck. Too many buttons to click and such just to play a game.
    No thanks.

Meh

Just uninstalled

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so those of us who've been here since the beginning and don't use arc and still use the original launcher don't get anything?
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got the Titles and i'm still using the Cryptic Launcher.
    And if you wont get them thru ARC then nope. Since *Free Arc Gifts!*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    so those of us who've been here since the beginning and don't use arc and still use the original launcher don't get anything?

Install arc, get freebies, uninstall arc
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    mmogamer71mmogamer71 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Entered CO key, when to last Tab in Q Store, redemmed all items and the Titles are not available under the character tab Title drop down.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mmogamer71 wrote: »
    Entered CO key, when to last Tab in Q Store, redemmed all items and the Titles are not available under the character tab Title drop down.

I know it sounds odd, but after you redeem the titles you have to open the box containing them. Check your inventory.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Check your inventory, there should be a box that has your new titles in it.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    mmogamer71mmogamer71 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Check your inventory, there should be a box that has your new titles in it.
    I know it sounds odd, but after you redeem the titles you have to open the box containing them. Check your inventory.

Yeap, thanks. Never would have looked for a box with titles in it.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeap, thanks. Never would have looked for a box with titles in it.

Thanks again.
    I only found it because I was leveling Broken Arrow, and had gotten a couple of chest items as rewards that I wanted to open. Imagine my surprise when I opened one and was suddenly given titles!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Install arc, get freebies, uninstall arc

Is this what you did?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Is this what you did?

Yup....if it becomes necessary to have arc later, I'll just re-install it.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I found thew Champs code, but I have no idea where the enter it to redeem it. :confused:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I found thew Champs code, but I have no idea where the enter it to redeem it. :confused:

Go in-game, to the c-store on your UI, go to the tab labelled 'bonus' to redeem the code.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Go in-game, to the c-store on your UI, go to the tab labelled 'bonus' to redeem the code.

No. I have to ENTER the code first.

Where do I ENTER the code? :frown:

I cannot find WHERE to ENTER the code. :redface:

I'm sorry if I being an idiot.

Edit- Never mind. I found the where.

eastgatewidow - Sorry if I sounded rough. I know you were trying to help. You did not deserve my frustration.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    within Arc at the top right corner is your user name - click there and redeem key..

..btw STO players got another ARC freebie today - no love for the Superheroes of Millennium City?
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    within Arc at the top right corner is your user name - click there and redeem key..

..btw STO players got another ARC freebie today - no love for the Superheroes of Millennium City?

Nope, we got one too! http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/champions-online/detail/3032463-more-free-arc-gifts_
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Thanks, eiledon. My mistake was trying to use the ARC Webpage, not the ARC game-loader. As Homer say, "D'OH!"

Edit - I'm adding this image to provide clarification for any future confused heroes.
    b9e2cbb0cd02a5a334a585321e025b9f1389149755.png
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Wee new homes for my characters instead of everyone living in the same apartment bulding.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Wee new homes for my characters instead of everyone living in the same apartment bulding.

Aww... I want to live in an apartment building. jk

This second round of freebies went much more smoothly. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Thanks TT. Might be worth dropping a note to whomever is in charge of updating Game News for each of the Games on ARC. I see news on the STO page regarding its freebie, but nothing on the CO page which is why i was confuddled.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I appreciate the second round of gifts.

I will promptly uninstall right after claiming them.

Sorry, but I hate systems like this. For someone who only plays one game, third-party launchers add a needless layer.

Heck, I won't even use Steam for the same exact reason.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Man... I already own one of those hide outs...

In all seriousness, cool to see a second round of freebies. Silver players especially should consider doing this for the free hideouts, useful for transfering stuff between alts!
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Can i get 'Industrial Cave' and 'Alchemist Sanctum' instead......
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Items can not be sent, please log into Champions Online and reenter your code again''

It gave me High-Tech Cave, but NOT Druidic Sanctum. When it says both.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    malvou wrote: »
    "Items can not be sent, please log into Champions Online and reenter your code again''

It gave me High-Tech Cave, but NOT Druidic Sanctum. When it says both.

Dis.

Worked fine on my alt.

Got a buddy who still can't get the first rewards either. Ehhh...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks TT. Might be worth dropping a note to whomever is in charge of updating Game News for each of the Games on ARC. I see news on the STO page regarding its freebie, but nothing on the CO page which is why i was confuddled.

NW doesn't have it on their old main page either.

It is mentioned on the news pages for the three games on the arcgames.com website though.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Free Hi Tech Cave and Druidic Sanctum...Free hideouts...

I don't know how to feel about this.

On one side, it finally gives everyone a free hideout to finally give everyone access to their account banks. The other is that it sort of cheapens the free hideout for golds.

I say that everyone jumps on this thing immediately! The more people who redeem this, the more incentive it will give Cryptic to finally finish the hideouts and maybe get an update!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I think I see what you are saying but I don't agree it "cheapens" the free gold hideout really- which were limited to the Phase 1 Hideouts anyway; any more than the free Devastator Offer from Alienware cheapens the free ATs gold members have unlocked. I do feel sorry for those who may have recently purchased either of these hideouts in the sale not long ago however. While PWE TOS states that prices/game elements are subject to change etc; these sort of giveaways would tend to be planned well in advance so if they knew these were going to be free, was selling them to people meantime "the right thing to do to engender community trust". A discussion for another thread.

I personally think of it as a bonus to gold members as it allows further customisation of your hideout - for example if you picked the Industrial Cave or Mystic Sanctum as your "freebie" subscriber hideout, claiming these new ones will allow you to mix and match elements from the two for a more personalised look.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I do like to forward a issue one of my friends is having with this promo code. Upon entering the code they will get a message saying: The items could not be sent, please log into CO and re-enter your code. Upon logging in, they notice they got the high tech cave hideout but not the druidic sanctum hideout. And when going back to re-enter the code, they get the same error message again. They have sent in a ticket of the problem but am asking in here as well for them to see if others are having the same issue.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    wowsuchnamewowsuchname Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do like to forward a issue one of my friends is having with this promo code. Upon entering the code they will get a message saying: The items could not be sent, please log into CO and re-enter your code. Upon logging in, they notice they got the high tech cave hideout but not the druidic sanctum hideout. And when going back to re-enter the code, they get the same error message again. They have sent in a ticket of the problem but am asking in here as well for them to see if others are having the same issue.

Same. Not sure why it only gives me one. Tried restarting everything and it didn't work.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Interesting. I used the code for my main and emergency backup accounts; everything worked fine. (Now Spider-Bat gets to hang out in a cool high-tech cave!)

• Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I know when I retrieved my hideouts I'd claim one then the next would show as purchased, but then I'd click to another claim that, then back to the one that said it was purchased and it would show as redeemed. Not really sure why it did that, but I got it to work..
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    I know when I retrieved my hideouts I'd claim one then the next would show as purchased, but then I'd click to another claim that, then back to the one that said it was purchased and it would show as redeemed. Not really sure why it did that, but I got it to work..

I can confirm that this happened to me too.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alas, I already have both of these hideouts.

Isn't there anything new?
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To anyone having issues with only one hideout being given when you should have two, send a customer support ticket through Arc. I seem to be in the process of getting this fixed for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    malvou wrote: »
    To anyone having issues with only one hideout being given when you should have two, send a customer support ticket through Arc. I seem to be in the process of getting this fixed for me.

My friend sent one through the in-game mail. She says they responded to her asking a series of questions to narrow down the problem so a fix is close for her problem.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    EDIT: Received them.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    f you're having issues with either not getting some of the items, or getting the "The items could not be sent" message, please shoot a ticket in to CS. (If you can specify whether you could use the other incentive code, that would also help us diagnose this.)

There seem to be certain accounts that have problems with certain codes, so we're working to get new codes made for these items. We're in the process of some code system edits, though, incorporating some feedback from players after the arc incentive, so we have to wait until that's done. We'll update you all when we're locked in and good to go.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the update TT. oh and remind them about the CO messages still saying pick up your rewards at Protectors Cove. I did file a bug report last giveaway about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the update TT. oh and remind them about the CO messages still saying pick up your rewards at Protectors Cove. I did file a bug report last giveaway about it.

Yeah, that one's in the queue. We reported that as soon as we saw it, too. :/

For anyone who's gotten the error "Your items could not be sent" -- did you all get the Hi-Tech hideout, but not the Druidic Sanctum? Was there anyone who got this error, but didn't get any items, or did get the Druidic hideout?
  • Options
    wowsuchnamewowsuchname Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014

For anyone who's gotten the error "Your items could not be sent" -- did you all get the Hi-Tech hideout, but not the Druidic Sanctum? Was there anyone who got this error, but didn't get any items, or did get the Druidic hideout?

I got the first ARC reward package fine, but I'm only getting the Hi-Tech cave in the second package.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I got the first ARC reward package fine, but I'm only getting the Hi-Tech cave in the second package.

Be sure to send a ticket in, they are aware of the problem and are fixing it as fast as possible to those who didn't get it. So far have been hearing to those who didn't get it, got theirs now after reporting it, as I will say below:

As I mentioned before earlier in the thread my friend was receiving this error, all items were received EXCEPT the druid hideout. But can happily say they have resolved the problem and she has her missing Druidic hideout now.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    edited July 2014
    If new players are just joining and activating ARC, can they still use the codes to get the titles and also the free hideouts??

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1086251

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/3032463-more-free-arc-gifts_

-
    Oh, right. Obligatory - BRAINS!!!
    -

Oh, yeah, I'm asking for a player that posted to our sister forum.

http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3188/lady-title-character-names?page=1&scrollTo=33794

If anyone knows the answer and can also post over there, be my guest. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *hands over jar with slightly squished brain in it*
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I haven't seen any posts saying the free codes have ended. If I were your friend, I would just go ahead and try entering the codes. The worst that can happen is they don't work. While your friend is at it, get one of those Alienware codes too.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I've been screaming about the ARC codes in Zone time to time.
    Codes did work last week, since got few TY tells.
    Maybe the ARC Man should make his appearance once again...
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the thing that upset me about those codes is there weren't any codes for the other PWI game I kind of liked...Rusty Hearts...Its a little like the old style side scrollers but it was fun.