What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Big Girls Need Love Too!

Comments

• Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And we pass 300 posts! Wonder if this'll get notice from devs anytime soon?
  • Options
    gynomightgynomight Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Going through some of my older characters I haven't played in a while, I noticed my cavewoman and remembered when creating her, being so disappointed that this game will not let me give her a thicker, beefier, stockier build. :frown:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Costume_ChaosWolf82_Sinclair_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_437008281_zpsb3da41f0.jpg

This is Sinclair, my Scottish freeform street-brawler. She's about as "beefy" as I can get without looking like a caricature - and the waist still looks disproportionately narrow, forcing me to add the jacket to make it less obvious..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Any news on this? Lately I've noticed an improvement with the morphing options, like adding sliders for tails and wings.
    For females, the so called "waist" slider should be renamed 'hips', and a real waist slider should be added. Also, the maximum size limit for some of these sliders should be increased as well.
    I should be able to create a hero with a body type like Big Bertha from Marvel's 'Great Lakes Champions' if I wanted to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    /Friendly THREAD BUMP

The more new costumes we get, the more I cringe every time I go to Costumize my female chracters

THIS FREAKING HOURGLASS WAIST MAN! It's Disgusting
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm pretty sure that I remember some official response to this.... like they were looking into it... so keep strong fellow big girl lovers!

After all, they got that wing and tail stuff out :3
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Especially since the Santa Suit on females with the narrowest waist EVER, I'm feeling less hopeful for this. Now its beyond the point that they would have to adjust every costume piece and the tailor in general.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    That depends how torso/belt costume parts are made. Do their geometry adjusts to the waits automatically, as it's with older costumes, or even more newest costume parts will not reshape to body sliders?
    Looking at some bugs reported with Malvan gladiator parts, some costumes have this issue.

But many do not - especially older costume parts.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the santa costume for females has the belt up under the ribcage. usually the belt is slung over the top of the hips.
    and if you don t have the santa belt with it, you have a square cut in at the bottom of the ribs with the jacket.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nope, still haven't forgotten about this. Still waiting for it.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Slapperfish knows a trick or two.

Big Grand-Ma.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Slapperfish knows a trick or two.

Big Grand-Ma.

That's a man in drag. NOT the same thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah wtf! Big gulls need love too! Wtf cryptic how dare you not let- ....wait.... oh GIRLS... not gulls....

Sorry Charlie, no dice.
    seagull-steals-gopro-cam.jpg
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We need this in game for justice, reasons and pancakes.....mostly pancakes.
    seriously though, why is this not in the game already?
    it wouldn't be that hard to do...and who cares if it makes a few weird textures at the extreme ends of the sliders, honestly I don't think the people would care....like at all about texture stretching/warping, because as I have said before, more customization choice = better customization = happy players =/= turnips.

/signed (in 24 karat gold)
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    it wouldn't be that hard to do...and who cares if it makes a few weird textures at the extreme ends of the sliders, honestly I don't think the people would care....like at all about texture stretching/warping, because as I have said before, more customization choice = better customization = happy players =/= turnips.

You just want bigger boobs. Boobie monster u3u
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    (Warning: The picture may Disturb some people, that's why I'm not directly posting in here)

THIS Picture is what I see from the Current Character Costumization, a horribly Thin Hourglass Waist!

It get even more disturbing when MALE players make Men with Full Chest Width and Zero Slide Waist... it's... why? You could fit a Ring on that waist! :eek: it looks your character Silly and Ruins his appearence!
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yeah wtf! Big gulls need love too! Wtf cryptic how dare you not let- ....wait.... oh GIRLS... not gulls....

Sorry Charlie, no dice.
    seagull-steals-gopro-cam.jpg

DON'T REMIND ME OF AVIAN WARRIOR PACK DARN IT! D:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You just want bigger boobs. Boobie monster u3u

Don't even start foxi, I just want this added because it'd be fun to mess about with at the very least, plus more creative freedom is better than less creative freedom....which is why the player base goes a little crazy over new costume pieces.

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Don't even start foxi, I just want this added because it'd be fun to mess about with at the very least, plus more creative freedom is better than less creative freedom....which is why the player base goes a little crazy over new costume pieces.

They won't let you do Might attacks with them no matter how high up you set your sliders u3u
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm still waiting for this upgrade too. My cavewoman needs to be thicker and beefier!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    They won't let you do Might attacks with them no matter how high up you set your sliders u3u

Who needs might attacks when you can stab them with a hammer?

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Stab them with a hammer? :confused:

I think you might be going about that the wrong way. :tongue:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Stab them with a hammer? :confused:

I think you might be going about that the wrong way. :tongue:

Are you sure about that?
    Because I've got a pile of dead caliga that proves otherwise.
    Hell if you can find me in game at some point I'll even give you a first hand demonstration.
    Wouldn't be too hard, char name is arona and i tend to ramble on a fair bit in zone....and trade

and back on the topic at hand

/signed........again, come one cryptic give us this thingy...please

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Are you sure about that?
    Because I've got a pile of dead caliga that proves otherwise.
    Hell if you can find me in game at some point I'll even give you a first hand demonstration.
    Wouldn't be too hard, char name is arona and i tend to ramble on a fair bit in zone....and trade

and back on the topic at hand

/signed........again, come one cryptic give us this thingy...please

I believe what zedbrightlander1 was pointing out is that hammers are weapons with flat heads, designed for bludgeoning.
    If stabbing is what you are aiming for, you ought to use a weapon with a sharp pointed tip.
    WEAPONS 101
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gynomight wrote: »
    I believe what zedbrightlander1 was pointing out is that hammers are weapons with flat heads, designed for bludgeoning.
    If stabbing is what you are aiming for, you ought to use a weapon with a sharp pointed tip.
    WEAPONS 101

my hammer has both :P
    Claw-hammer.jpg

But yeah stabbing with a hammer isn't something you hear often...
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    WEAPONS 101

weapons with a sharp pointed tip......like a sword?
    Now where would the fun in using a sword be?
    Plus if you have the strength needed to stab someone with a hammer then chances are no matter what you use, the thing you stab is going to hurt.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    With enough force you can make anything go through anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm still waiting for this upgrade too. My cavewoman needs to be thicker and beefier!

Agreed. This isn't just to make superfat chicks or whatever, this is to make some measure of size equality between the sexes, be it fat, beefy, or whatever. Not every female character does/can look good with an immovable waspwaist.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well said, chaoswolf.
    We need more gender equality in this game. If males can get super big, then females should be able to as well!
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Forgot about this topic; totally will vouch for this. My two brawny gals, Acri and Goldspike look the part, but I kinda have to search for "abdomen-hiding parts" to make it work. :frown:

d5b3d5aa-a5b2-4e94-9e29-0e5baad8ce49_zps46898d49.jpg
    290c8acd-3915-4c12-8301-57a96c141f04_zps336cf240.jpg
  • Options
    blasphemousgirlblasphemousgirl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I completely agree with this. I was greatly disappointed when I heard that the bodies for female customization was so restrictive, because I had heard so much about the amazing customization from this game and is one of the big reasons why I plan on trying this game out very soon. However, this strikes me as very limiting when it comes to making your character looking exactly as you envisioned.

For example, I have two female characters that I think I would have trouble making. One is taller and muscular, basically an athletic build, but she doesn't really have an hourglass shape. The other is very short and has a noticeable pear shape (wide hips and large thighs, but not a narrow waist). Seeing the options available, I feel like I would probably have a difficult time making these two and this really makes me sad. I had expected better, especially after having played Perfect World years ago and experiencing their level of customization. Even more disappointing is hearing that there are less face shaping options for females as well. What, did they forget that females have a ton of variation in their facial structures too?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It's called sexism.
    CO already has borderline racism offensive ethnic stereotypes, so why not sexism as well?
    :biggrin:
  • Options
    keshmarchkeshmarch Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree to an extent. I would love hueg women, but the further the current body mass goes, the narrower their hips become. Ideally, any big woman I play needs hips at least as wide as her shoulders. If we are to get a mass increase to the extent males get, I hope most of the female mass goes to her hips/legs instead of upper body.
    Tark%20Signature_zpscmqoxjfn.png~original
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    keshmarch wrote: »
    I agree to an extent. I would love hueg women, but the further the current body mass goes, the narrower their hips become. Ideally, any big woman I play needs hips at least as wide as her shoulders. If we are to get a mass increase to the extent males get, I hope most of the female mass goes to her hips/legs instead of upper body.

Really, all they need is to give males and females the same sliders, with the same range and effects, and just add a "Breasts" slider for the girls.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Forgot about this topic; totally will vouch for this. My two brawny gals, Acri and Goldspike look the part, but I kinda have to search for "abdomen-hiding parts" to make it work. :frown:

d5b3d5aa-a5b2-4e94-9e29-0e5baad8ce49_zps46898d49.jpg
    290c8acd-3915-4c12-8301-57a96c141f04_zps336cf240.jpg

Those look spectacular. What parts did you use for such concealment?
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alien gladiator and the regular Samurai chest piece. A lot of the body armors( Telieos, questionite,etc.) are good as well. Sucks for someone wanting a big gal and a She-Hulk esque' attire (form-fitting/tights) because of no abdomen control.
  • Options
    aurebissaurebiss Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I don't know much about Cryptic does the costumes, but at a guess I'd say they never got around to adding in those sliders because they'd have to go back and add another morph to every costume piece that would be affected by it. A problem which gets more daunting as time goes by really.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    aurebiss wrote: »
    I don't know much about Cryptic does the costumes, but at a guess I'd say they never got around to adding in those sliders because they'd have to go back and add another morph to every costume piece that would be affected by it. A problem which gets more daunting as time goes by really.

All the more reason to have this done sooner rather than later.

/signed.....again

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All things considered, you can get the female bodytype in this game to be pretty disgustingly beefy. Got to tweak around with making the arms and legs stouter than usual, and the torso as big as possible:
    Costume_Bluhman_MuscledBody_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_440914266_zpsdda28d58.jpg
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited March 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    All things considered, you can get the female bodytype in this game to be pretty disgustingly beefy. Got to tweak around with making the arms and legs stouter than usual, and the torso as big as possible:
    Costume_Bluhman_MuscledBody_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_440914266_zpsdda28d58.jpg

Still, I won't give up on my goal.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Really, all they need is to give males and females the same sliders, with the same range and effects, and just add a "Breasts" slider for the girls.
    I disagree. I don't understand the urge to remove all sexual dimorphism from males and females except for breasts. A choice to? Sure. But I don't think we should be forced to have our men(or women) identical to the opposite sex.

My point is, I would prefer that the huge women have extra massive pelvic areas in contrast to their upper bodies, or at least an option to make that build. For instance, I would kill to have a character with this build.
  • Options
    bludskarrbludskarr Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow, this thing is 35 pages long without so much as a "We can't because the technology is -bla-bla-bla". I'm starting to think Cryptic doesn't love us anymore.

New effects for old powers

More EXP for Adventure Packs please.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    keshmarch wrote: »
    I disagree. I don't understand the urge to remove all sexual dimorphism from males and females except for breasts. A choice to? Sure. But I don't think we should be forced to have our men(or women) identical to the opposite sex.

That's not what I meant at all.

Look at the body and face sliders in the character creator. Men have more than women, and they have more effect than those of women, especially the "major" ones like Body Mass, which is basically useless for females. Womens' sliders don't even work right in some cases, most notably the "waist" slider actually affecting the hips and the waist not changing at all.

That's what I meant by they should be the same - they should have the same number and effect-range of sliders, not that women should be men with breasts.
  • Options
    blasphemousgirlblasphemousgirl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I wholeheartedly agree!
  • Options
    guardianettieguardianettie Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want this! Please. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Look at the body and face sliders in the character creator. Men have more than women, and they have more effect than those of women, especially the "major" ones like Body Mass, which is basically useless for females. Womens' sliders don't even work right in some cases, most notably the "waist" slider actually affecting the hips and the waist not changing at all.

That's what I meant by they should be the same - they should have the same number and effect-range of sliders, not that women should be men with breasts.
    Oh okay =)

Then I agree 100%~
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I don't think having all the male face sliders for females would make sense. Making the brow and chin large isn't a female trait. Just like breasts are not a male trait.

What females should have are separate sliders for both the waist and the hips.
    And of course, a much better mass slider.

For the males, I don't know,.. Give them a crotch slider.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't think having all the male face sliders for females would make sense. Making the brow and chin large isn't a female trait. Just like breasts are not a male trait.
    Having pronounced chin and brows is not a stereotypical female trait. Just like having hourglass figure is a stereotypical female trait.
    Both are pure stereotypes and nobody needs to be locked into them.

With this line of thinking, we may as well accept current waist slider. Because this is stereotypical female trait.

Also, it applies only to human characters (and not even everyone of them). Orcs, simians, neandertals, mutants, aliens - more than one concept may have use for chin and brow sliders. If you look at Neverwinter half-orcs or Skyrim orcs, their inhuman look was achieved mainly by manipulating their facial proportions.
    But even normal female can have square-ish jaw.
    There is more in female facial structure than only curves.

A few real life examples with pronounced jaw lines:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NSlkiB6sPaU/UB88yGO3HEI/AAAAAAAACOQ/9T-HDMoG1wM/s1600/angelina-jolie1
    http://0.tqn.com/d/beauty/1/0/5/c/1/mandy-moore-square-face-shape.jpg
    http://varietyofwords.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/knightley2.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JKeHOeO3wRk/S61DkH1R6ZI/AAAAAAAAB3Q/v4G6VaReeRY/s400/sandrabullock_060706.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3vF4foizuOQ/Uk2YewJsgXI/AAAAAAAABkw/m8Nx-EQ1TsY/s1600/Bob+square+face+-+beauty+women+with+hairstyles+for+2013.jpg
    http://www.heygirl.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/picture-7750.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZkDRXZWV6rI/Uku0VX_ncPI/AAAAAAAABdI/VvBGEIF1DNM/s1600/square+face+women+with+hairstyles+for+2013.jpeg

Pronounced jaw line also usually goes with muscular physique, since it is an effect of bodybuilding. Muscles for arms, neck and jaw are linked. Intensive workout also causes development of some facial muscles.

I could live with expanded facial sliders on Duskwing, to make her looking a bit more crude, along with expanded (or just working) waist slider:
    http://primusdatabase.com/images/0/0f/DuskwingConcept.jpg
    http://primusdatabase.com/images/c/c3/DuskwingConcept2.jpg

So yeah, female could use having the same facial sliders as males.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You definitely made good points, however I said nothing about the shape of the jaw. I said the chin. And I have messed around with the male character creator before, and the chin sliders on males can go really exaggerated. Like, huge brick-shaped chins. That is not even close to being a female trait.
    That said, I would support a jaw slider, that would allow us to go from angular to curved jaw-line.
  • Options
    beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with this. I want to make a female dwarf (including a beard).

The face sliders need to be fixed too. I want jaw and brow sliders for females, and more nose sliders for both genders. We can already put thick hair all over females, and give males painted nails and frilly dresses, so I don't see what the big deal is with making my psionic character actually looks like she has a brow representative of her mental might, or screw stuff up on my alien girls.

At least the default jaw for females is more angular. That makes me happy when trying to make characters that look like real life.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    For the males, I don't know,.. Give them a crotch slider.

... I hope you're joking.