edited December 2012
    Yes, please.

CO and Foundry are a natural match.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh, and yet another honey for the pot to draw in PWE:

If you limit NPC costumes to whatever you've unlocked for your account, you create an additional incentive for people to buy that stuff.

Come on, PWE, you know you want more cash shop stuff...

Heck, maybe even have 'map packs' to get people to buy all sorts of interesting zones for content...
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just calculated a running total. We stand at 201 Yes/Shut up and take my money so far.

Way to go, guys.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    YES PLEASE!

Now can somone give might it's damage back so i can play this damn game again!!
  • Options
    dhobbitdhobbit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just calculated a running total. We stand at 201 Yes/Shut up and take my money so far.

Way to go, guys.

Anyword on if the devs have given this thread a serious thought? Somehow I doubt it.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    foxyperson wrote: »
    "Hmmm. Let me ponder that."

This was Jack Emmert's (Cryptic's CEO) answer when asked whether Cryptic would consider opening a Kickstarter to give us The Foundry as long as we can show him there are at least fifty people interested.

WHAT WE NEED:
    -A minimum of 50 replies saying nothing but "YES, PLEASE" in this thread.

What we DON'T need
    -Naysaying: If you don't care about this initiative or think that anyone contributing is dumb, please refrain from replying at all.
    -Resentment and entitlement feelings: This is about negotiation, not about the way you think things should be. No one is asking whether you're already a Gold subscriber or buy from the C-Store.
    -Rudeness: This thread is meant to be shown to the CEO. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything.

We're addressing the CEO, and we're addressing executives. The bottom line is money, so let's show them we're willing to put our money where out mouths are.

So...

YES, PLEASE!
    Wait...where and when was this said by Cryptics C e o?
    Just asking.
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For added effect, I opened a petition at Change.org in order for Cryptic to hear our voice through more than one channel. Also, the more supporters the petition gets, the higher the probability of it becoming news, attracting the attention of videogame magazines, making our voice even louder.

PLEASE, SIGN THIS PETITION

Please sign it and spread it.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Using Change.org, something that showcases suffering, abuse, and social ills to gather up efforts to drive awareness and influence, for adding a function to a game seems... in poor taste, frankly.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    blingdenstonblingdenston Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    nightshade77777nightshade77777 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    YES PLEASE!!!! I don't even care about rewards just to have more things to do in game. XP and rewards while nice take a back seat to story for me. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same.
  • Options
    haxavage8haxavage8 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yes please!
  • Options
    perfect0777perfect0777 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    best idea i heard all day...be very nice to have one..thanks for your efforts regarding this matter.
  • Options
    amontillado1amontillado1 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes Please.

But.. Kickstarter? yes I want this feature more than any other to be added to this game, but... I'll support it by continuing my subscription should it arrive.
  • Options
    zazelbyzazelby Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Very belatedly, it occurs to me to ask... Kickstarter? That's for new projects and only for new projects, and I don't think they'll let you start one for what is essentially adapting an existing project to another existing project.

"It is unthinkable. But such is the nature of villainy, don't you think? To do the unthinkable, to challenge the impossible, to conquer all before you and make destiny your own." - Ghost Widow

And that's why I like villains.
  • Options
    lexdominolexdomino Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know you only want replies in favor of this, but as a former CoH player I will say this "feature" is one of the things that killed the game.

It was reduced to farming and when they took out the rewards people stopped using a feature that took many months to create.

Just had to put that out there because while it sounds good on paper it works out very differently in game and just caused a huge headache for the devs who had to fix every single exploit people found to farm level 1s to 50 in an hour.

Not trying to ruffle feathers, it's just the truth. People will dabble with it for a few months and then drop it.

New content, powers, and exciting features like massive world events would draw a larger audience than some terrible player missions.

Part of what kept me away from this game so long was the lack of teaming and even now it still seems to have that problem outside of alerts. I think they would be better served making a community feel and creating events that get people socializing as well as playing together.

Solo player created missions are the total opposite of that.
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lexdomino wrote: »
    It was reduced to farming and when they took out the rewards people stopped using a feature that took many months to create.

CO already has farming missions. They happen to be developer created for that exact purpose, even. We call them Alerts. You may have heard of them? Adding the Foundry to CO wouldn't have people making farms with it. Why make new farms when the existing farms are better (in terms of convenience -and- rewards) than the new farms could possibly be made?

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • Options
    saunantesaunante Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes Please
  • Options
    summereveningsummerevening Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know you only want replies in favor of this, but as a former CoH player I will say this "feature" is one of the things that killed the game.

Just had to put that out there because while it sounds good on paper it works out very differently in game and just caused a huge headache for the devs who had to fix every single exploit people found to farm level 1s to 50 in an hour.

Not trying to ruffle feathers, it's just the truth. People will dabble with it for a few months and then drop it.

New content, powers, and exciting features like massive world events would draw a larger audience than some terrible player missions.

Part of what kept me away from this game so long was the lack of teaming and even now it still seems to have that problem outside of alerts. I think they would be better served making a community feel and creating events that get people socializing as well as playing together.

You experience is the exact opposite of mine.

Player-created content was exactly what held all of my social groups together. We traded stories, participated in long, drawn-out conflict, and were able to shape the game experience in the way we wanted. For a game that thumps its chest about customization, there currently isn't a way to do that here.

Player created content, especially with something similar to The Foundry, is new content.

CoH wasn't killed by AE. It was one of the cornerstones of the community.
  • Options
    johhotajohhota Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2012

The Foundry and Mission Architect are only similar in concept. Check STO's foundry and the upcoming Neverwinter Foundry which is getting high praises from the MMO sites covering it.

The lack of teaming is being addressed, as you say we already have alerts, lairs will get a similar treatment as they have stated before. Cryptic has always wanted us to team up, that's why we have the great sidekick system, instance scaling and bonus XP. The game favors teaming but you can't change the mind of some people that just want to do everything alone for bragging rights or w/e. However forced teaming has its bad side too, usually in the form of trolls or just incompetent players.

For a time they were working on a different kind of instance scaling, basically if you were a higher level than the mission and you had it ad Difficult or higher, the instance would scale to your level. For some reason it only works on ONE mission. If you want to test it just go do The Brains Behind The Breakout as a level 40 on something higher than difficult, go for Elite.

As some people have stated before, I don't care about XP or loot in Foundry missions, like it works on STO is fine. I want to make my own missions and play some of the highest rating ones too.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Agreed. But...

1. We haven't gotten new content other than Alerts in a very long time, and last we heard, Alerts were gonna be the main focus. We're not just asking Cryptic "Hey, instead of doing new content, how about you work on the Foundry?" We're saying "Hey, since it looks like Champs team doesn't have the budget to work on the Foundry right now, how about we give you some money and then you work on it?"

2. New powers have been coming fairly frequently. The Nighthawk stuff came pretty recently, and Telepathy has been worked on in the PTS recently.

3. We get world events. Last time we got one, it was broken, like out of control. People were getting turned to level 1. They had to pull the event.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, please.

I hope that this is for real. I hope Cryptic's owners have sufficient business sense to see the advantages. I'd gladly pay real money for the Foundry in CO. I'm talking $50-$100 just to get started!

I don't need to level with Foundry Missions.

I want to play!!!
  • Options
    lexdominolexdomino Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You experience is the exact opposite of mine.

Player-created content was exactly what held all of my social groups together. We traded stories, participated in long, drawn-out conflict, and were able to shape the game experience in the way we wanted. For a game that thumps its chest about customization, there currently isn't a way to do that here.

Player created content, especially with something similar to The Foundry, is new content.

CoH wasn't killed by AE. It was one of the cornerstones of the community.

If you say so.
  • Options
    seismecaseismeca Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012

To be fair, anything that a particular group didn't like in CoH was "the thing that killed the game"

AE killed the game, Incarnates killed the game, Sewer Trials killed the game, new powers stronger than the powers we had killed the game, new powers WEAKER than the powers we had killed the game. travel suppression killed the game, ED killed the game, Powerset Proliferation killed the game, brutes killed the game, IOs killed the game, Hami-Os killed the game, day jobs killed the game, any pvp changes killed the game, masterminds killed the game

I can keep going if you want.

The thing is, CO doesn't work the same as CoH. It doesn't have its own team working on it. It isn't "super awesome endgame content" OR Foundry, its "please port the foundry, something you've promised you would since it was released for the other games (on the same engine) because we aren't getting any new content soon"
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    If AE killed CoH, it was because of the ease of abuse.

If Foundry is brought in just like STO's, then the rewards are inadequate to encourage abuse, problem solved.

And, as has been mentioned repeatedly, we already have XP farming in the form of Alerts -- if that sort of thing will kill the game, the doom has already come. Doom! DOOOM!

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heck, the daily I just did was nothing BUT XP farming - "complete three Smash Alerts". And on top of that, the Nemesis Alert was running the whole time, so I was grinding Q, too. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    seismecaseismeca Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomm
  • Options
    edited December 2012

• Options
    edited December 2012
    This whole thing is completely pointless if it goes unnoticed. Where are the Devs?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Another thought on Foundry:
    I don't know about most people, but a lot of my enjoyment in CO is... making characters. Actually playing doesn't thrill me as much.

Foundry would give a lot of creative character design folks a venue to do that lots and have an audience beyond costume contests (which lack background and context).

• Options
    wim70wim70 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes please.

Pretty please?
  • Options
    bullseye8bullseye8 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    alaythyiralaythyir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes Please.
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    This whole thing is completely pointless if it goes unnoticed. Where are the Devs?

I suspect the answer is: Jack be trolling. :frown:

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nazaca wrote: »
    I suspect the answer is: Jack be trolling. :frown:
    You know, a few years back the folks at ThinkGeek, as an April Fools gag, put a T-shirt in their catalog that would play a personal soundtrack through a speaker in the chest.

Within a year, due to popular demand, they had figured out how to actually make the shirt. Last I checked, you could buy one for $20 - comes with a variety of preloaded sounds, and the ability to load your own mp3 files into the controller. (You have to remove the speaker and wires before washing, of course...)

I think the tauntaun sleeping bag was the April Fools gag two years ago. That one was only a joke for about six months. Now it's for sale too.

The upshot here is, even when something is never intended seriously, enough positive reaction from potential customers can cause a company to make it reality. Let's see if we can break the 1000 mark! (Assuming that many people even post in the forums, anyway - sometimes it seems like it's just the same seven or eight people building an echo chamber of negativity and fail.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    The upshot here is, even when something is never intended seriously, enough positive reaction from potential customers can cause a company to make it reality.

Not always a good thing. See: The dumbassed Pandas from War-Craft. :P

(Silly filter.)
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not always a good thing. See: The dumbassed Pandas from War-Craft. :P

(Silly filter.)

If you're dissin' those pandas then you're dissin' Chen Stormstout. Don't you be dissin' him, he's a total bro.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Consider him dissed!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes Please
  • Options
    siralleynesiralleyne Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    >_> well hello there thread, mind if I bump ya?
  • Options
    pageofswordspageofswords Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes Please
  • Options
    mingtran2mingtran2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes Please
  • Options
    rapshikorapshiko Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not reading all the other posts;

YES, PLEASE!
  • Options
    ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Aren't we waaaaay past 50 votes? Is Jack seeing this?! I don't know too much about what the Foundry actually is or how it works but it seems that enough people care enough about it to actually post here. I'm all for anything that will help CO survive so in that case...

Yes Please!

I mean come on...We love this game :-)
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes Please!

And also, a full on hideout builder.

Between these two and the incredible amount of customization that can be put into character creation, this game could become the premier game for the creative types.

Let people unleash their creativity.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    somethingmustworsomethingmustwor Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, please.

Rewards from player made missions should:
    Time spent in combat in mission x kills = end reward quality, up to current blue mission reward quality, usual purple drop chances. (lvl dependant).
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In a quick look over...nothing from Devs in this thread. I hate to say it but I dont think this will get us anywhere. How many sigs do we have? How long has this been up? and not one comment from anyone who works on this game has given any worth while comment.

So I am just going to look at this OP as just a Troll, one who built up hope, and laughed as people thought this would lead to anything.
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    In a quick look over...nothing from Devs in this thread.

TT posted a warning to the OP about posting PMs, so no fire but there's some smoke.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As much as I like TT(Face it, he's the best person to ever have his job on this project by a LANDSLIDE)..he's not a Dev. So bwdares is not wrong on that point.

If...IF...if anything happens because of this thread then we likely won't hear word one about it until mid-February. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    2s9bzbq.jpg