• Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Yes, A Thousand Times Yes!

(Sound of computer monitor shattering under force of Credit Card being thrown at it)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I won't contribute to a kick starter, but I am all about free riding.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2012
    Just a heads-up, I'd prefer if we didn't post private correspondence in the forums. It's cool to see this much interest -- definitely remember that an idea is one thing and feasibility is another, but I'm glad to see this much enthusiasm.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just a heads-up, I'd prefer if we didn't post private correspondence in the forums. It's cool to see this much interest -- definitely remember that an idea is one thing and feasibility is another, but I'm glad to see this much enthusiasm.

[Poke, poke poke.]

Hey Turtle...Don't you want it?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Even if a Kickstarter style operation isn't feasible (which it might not be for any number of legal and logistical reasons), I do think this definitely demonstrates community interest and enthusiasm for the game and for Foundry. People like to complain, because this is the internet, but when you get down to it? We want this game, our game, to be as good as possible.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please.

'Tis the sort of pastime activity I'd gleefully throw my currency at.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    trollylolitrollyloli Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
    .( * .
    .* . ) .
    . . POOF .* .
    '* . ( .) '
    ` ( . * Aaaaaaand she's back.

The poster formerly known as ScarletShrike. Stupid account merging abject lessons in not trolling PW forums.... *grumbles and stomps off*
  • Options
    archdarkstalkerarchdarkstalker Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Carrot: "Hey again Mr Stick" :biggrin:

Stick: "Oh what is it this time Carrot?" :confused:

Carrot: "Mind dangling me again for a bit?" :redface:

Stick: "Again?! They should put me on the payroll." :eek:

To be honest, that was quite an ambiguous answer he gave to you and it just looks like a polite way of brushing over the topic without giving false hope or putting a nail in the coffin.

In all seriousness though, with the amount of money thats been pumped into the game and the little produced by Cryptic to show for it - we shouldnt have to pay any excess for something that was introduced to STO and NWO for no additional expense of the player base. Especially with the amount thats been raised from grab bags and lockboxes in recent months and little to show for it. And forget about the small work force, thats not our problem when they can use that money to pay more people to work on the game.

I find the notion of people having to basically raise funds to help them get the finger out and breathe some life into the game quite insulting, but clearly people don't seem to have a problem with over-feeding a dead horse. And the stupid thing is, it would give them an excuse to be even more lazy than ever and let us do all the monkey work. So it'd really be in their best interest to just give access to the Foundry... and of course sell lots of keys for Foundry specific lockboxes, or straight up one off payments to unlock elements to use in your missions. Win-win for them, it's their loss if they don't do it.

Anyway, I couldnt give a toss about the game now, but I say Yes[/B., The people who have supported this game through thick and thin more than deserve something to expand their experience in the game. Cryptic is lucky to have so many loyal customers, like I was once upon a time, so lets hope sticking around pays off for you all. So a long winded and cynical "Yes" for you all, but for me I'm done.

Feel free to difuse the post with logic if you have the spare time but I don't care. I've said what I've wanted to and won't be replying.

Good luck with this folks. Hopefully Mr Stick can finally retire. Cryptic really has been over-working the poor guy all these years.

*Smooches*
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    elsandvichelsandvich Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes! So very much, yes!
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    edun7198edun7198 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes, Please!
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To be honest, that was quite an ambiguous answer he gave to you and it just looks like a polite way of brushing over the topic without giving false hope or putting a nail in the coffin.

In all seriousness though, with the amount of money thats been pumped into the game and the little produced by Cryptic to show for it - we shouldnt have to pay any excess for something that was introduced to STO and NWO for no additional expense of the player base. Especially with the amount thats been raised from grab bags and lockboxes in recent months and little to show for it. And forget about the small work force, thats not our problem when they can use that money to pay more people to work on the game.

I find the notion of people having to basically raise funds to help them get the finger out and breathe some life into the game quite insulting, but clearly people don't seem to have a problem with over-feeding a dead horse. And the stupid thing is, it would give them an excuse to be even more lazy than ever and let us do all the monkey work. So it'd really be in their best interest to just give access to the Foundry...

^THIS RIGHT HERE!

These are my exact thoughts, word for word, on how I feel about this. We in no way should be having to belittle ourselves to this level of grovelling for any time of content. Are you all even listening to yourselves? YES PLEASE, let me pay you EVEN MORE MONEY for the ability to make FREE CONTENT for your game. I feel embarrassed for you all right now, I really do.

Would I like to have the foundry in CO? HELL YES! It would be an awesome tool to play around with. But it's NOT what CO's playerbase NEEDS. What CO NEEDS is a realistic sized Development Team working on it at all times. The game is only 3 years old and it has been utterly abandoned, It's such a complete waste. I truly feel like Cryptic stole our money and ran away laughing. Then this thread pops up with everyone calling out to them, "HEY GUYS! I had an extra $20 in my back pocket, you want that too?" The whole thing is BS, and this thread is BS.:mad:

JACK, if you REALLY end up reading this(which I highly doubt), give CO what it REALLY needs.

PS: NO THANKS, not like this.:frown:
  • Options
    elsandvichelsandvich Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ^THIS RIGHT HERE!

These are my exact thoughts, word for word, on how I feel about this. We in no way should be having to belittle ourselves to this level of grovelling for any time of content. Are you all even listening to yourselves? YES PLEASE, let me pay you EVEN MORE MONEY for the ability to make FREE CONTENT for your game. I feel embarrassed for you all right now, I really do.

Would I like to have the foundry in CO? HELL YES! It would be an awesome tool to play around with. But it's NOT what CO's playerbase NEEDS. What CO NEEDS is a realistic sized Development Team working on it at all times. The game is only 3 years old and it has been utterly abandoned, It's such a complete waste. I truly feel like Cryptic stole our money and ran away laughing. Then this thread pops up with everyone calling out to them, "HEY GUYS! I had an extra $20 in my back pocket, you want that too?" The whole thing is BS, and this thread is BS.:mad:

JACK, if you REALLY end up reading this(which I highly doubt), give CO what it REALLY needs.

PS: NO THANKS, not like this.:frown:

Didn't read the OP, huh?
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.

I'm curious to see what kind of Kickstarter goal ($) this would take to make happen.
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At this point I'll take anything; we're not getting a full dev team anytime soon.
    with that being said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm curious about how all this will work but I can't argue with the idea of a Foundry. In other words,

YES PLEASE.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What CO NEEDS is a realistic sized Development Team working on it at all times.

Oh. Well why didn't you say so?!

It's so obvious that this isn't going to happen.

The players see that Champs doesn't have the budget to get the foundry, so the players said "Hey, what if I helped you out?"
    we shouldnt have to pay any excess for something that was introduced to STO and NWO for no additional expense of the player base

Nobody has to. This is some players willing to do it. What does it hurt you if I put some money into this?

And if the kickstarter doesn't happen, explain what our benefit is?

Yes, we all know Champs needs a bigger team. A bigger budget. Some marketing. We all know this. But what can you or I do about it?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.

With sugar and a cherry on top.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please!

(Bluh stole my Fry image.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    nivjinivji Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes Please !
  • Options
    riouhotaruriouhotaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please
  • Options
    jeffometerjeffometer Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please
  • Options
    silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please! :biggrin:
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Jack, I only have this too say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE
  • Options
    gunnerromanticgunnerromantic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would prefer them to fix PvP over Foundry that will get boring in a month or 2 maximum...

Yeah, really.
  • Options
    skyranger01skyranger01 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes. I have to admit, Jack's reply does seem rather ambiguous... But, if there is a legitimate possibility here, then CO needs this. Also, if at all possible, it should be implemented in a way that's doesn't make the same mistakes as STO's version (such as lack of rewards), perhaps more like what's being discussed for Neverwinter Online.
  • Options
    soulbound232soulbound232 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As A CoH Refugee, and if this is what i think it is: Then Yes Please

:smile::eek:
  • Options
    heroic1989heroic1989 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The player known in-game as @Adversary89 only has this to say

Yes, please.

Let's make this happen, everyone. Let's more support and attention to this thread

By the way, I don't suppose it would hurt if we also got a full-time dev team with new innovative ideas that they can fulfill to not only make the community here satisified but to allow Champions Online to finally reach the acclaimed potential it should have?

Or will the latter just be something that'll only be possible in my dreams? Anyhow....

Bring on the Kickstarter for the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Role-player and member of the CO community since October of 2009. Also founder and leader of the RPSG, the Sentinel Squadron.
    Click here to visit our official recruitment thread.
  • Options
    silveragefogeysilveragefogey Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please!

Grind. Grind never changes.
    If you're playing CO and reporting any bugs, you're STILL an unpaid QA technician.
    "Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied" - message from PW customer service.
  • Options
    bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please ... i would pay money to use the foundry!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bjoernr wrote: »
    Yes please ... i would pay money to use the foundry!

The sad thing about it is, we are all willing to pay money for this thing. So... how about at this point, we all say how much we'd spend.

$10-$30, I wouldn't pay $50.

But hell, if we're going to spend money on this thing, the only thing I can say is this:

I WANT THE MONEY I SPEND ON CHAMPIONS ONLINE TO FUND CHAMPIONS ONLINE CONTENT. IF I WANTED TO FUND STAR TREK AND NEVERWINTER I WOULD JUST GO SEND THOSE GAMES MONEY. PLEASE FOCUS ON THIS GAME, BECAUSE THE CUSTOMERS ARE SPENDING MONEY HERE.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The sad thing about it is, we are all willing to pay money for this thing. So... how about at this point, we all say how much we'd spend.

$10-$30, I wouldn't pay $50.
    There are 191 posts in this thread. I'm not going to go through and verify but lets say 180 of them are "yes please" posts. If everyone donates $30:

180 X 30 = $5400

I don't think 5 grand is all that stands between us and the foundry. I would expect something like ~50k to get Cryptic's attention and 70-100k to get a definite yes.

Based on the posts in this thread, every one would need to donate around $277 to get to 50k.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are 191 posts in this thread. I'm not going to go through and verify but lets say 180 of them are "yes please" posts. If everyone donates $30:

180 X 30 = $5400

I don't think 5 grand is all that stands between us and the foundry. I would expect something like ~50k to get Cryptic's attention and 70-100k to get a definite yes.

Based on the posts in this thread, every one would need to donate around $277 to get to 50k.

So far, I think this whole thing is just a forum thing. If a kickstarter were to happen, people in-game would learn about it (they run for about thirty days or so), and word would spread.

Also, let's not forget the people who would spend more than 30 bucks. I certainly would.

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So far, I think this whole thing is just a forum thing. If a kickstarter were to happen, people in-game would learn about it (they run for about thirty days or so), and word would spread.

Also, let's not forget the people who would spend more than 30 bucks. I certainly would.

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe.

All true, i was just trying to keep expectations grounded.

Speaking of getting the rest of the non-forum posting population involved (don't forum posters make up like 1-10%?)

I wonder if the kick starter could be run through the Z-store?

It seems like it would be more visible/accessible that way.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Two issues I see with the Z-store idea.

1) Questionite exchange.

2) When you buy Zen, they just know that you bought Zen. I highly doubt they have a system that detects which game the Zen goes to (Considering their business practices.), they just register profits.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Two issues I see with the Z-store idea.

1) Questionite exchange.

2) When you buy Zen, they just know that you bought Zen. I highly doubt they have a system that detects which game the Zen goes to (Considering their business practices.), they just register profits.

For number 2, I am sure they are tracking what is and isn't selling on the C-Store. Of course, one of Champions biggest problems has been the (let's face it) the self-entitlement the player base has had, and the sheer fact many of them have been hilariously appalled that Cryptic would dare ask for money for services to try and build this game stronger. It has hampered the game in the past and it is hampering it now that a lot of players expect something for practically nothing these days.

It is funny that many people seem surprised that Cryptic seems reluctant to actually do anything grandiose or new for the game when the biggest hurdle has been this player base.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    thestreakbreakerthestreakbreaker Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    For number 2, I am sure they are tracking what is and isn't selling on the C-Store. Of course, one of Champions biggest problems has been the (let's face it) the self-entitlement the player base has had, and the sheer fact many of them have been hilariously appalled that Cryptic would dare ask for money for services to try and build this game stronger. It has hampered the game in the past and it is hampering it now that a lot of players expect something for practically nothing these days.

They probably do, I'm probably just being bitter right now.
    It is funny that many people seem surprised that Cryptic seems reluctant to actually do anything grandiose or new for the game when the biggest hurdle has been this player base.

Bite the hand that feeds you, but it's difficult to tell who is the hand and who is the mouth. Do we bite Cryptics hand? Or is Cryptic afraid to feed the beast in case of rage?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I will be willing to pay $100 or perhaps slightly more if they can make the foundry. It will be a major revision to the game to be worthy of that price I think. However, Silverspar, the "self-entitled player" exists in all MMO I am sure. Equally, I am sure there are players who are willing to pay more than their share for the game.

To say that Cryptic is reluctant because of the playerbase is not really fair. Alot of it has to do with the company's direction. Is CO going to be a game they intend to bring up or just another earn what you can and move on game? I also wish to point out that a big hurdle is the technicality of the issue. If the devs cannot even do a proper fix of imbue and ascension, what makes us even believe they can deliver a foundry?

Anyway my post is not really in response to your response to the zen-store idea but rather to the fact that you believe the reason they do not wish to create anything major and charge for the service because of self-entitled players.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will be willing to pay $100 or perhaps slightly more if they can make the foundry. It will be a major revision to the game to be worthy of that price I think. However, Silverspar, the "self-entitled player" exists in all MMO I am sure. Equally, I am sure there are players who are willing to pay more than their share for the game.

To say that Cryptic is reluctant because of the playerbase is not really fair. Alot of it has to do with the company's direction. Is CO going to be a game they intend to bring up or just another earn what you can and move on game? I also wish to point out that a big hurdle is the technicality of the issue. If the devs cannot even do a proper fix of imbue and ascension, what makes us even believe they can deliver a foundry?

Anyway my post is not really in response to your response to the zen-store idea but rather to the fact that you believe the reason they do not wish to create anything major and charge for the service because of self-entitled players.

I heartily disagree. Cryptic has had everything they've tried to do for this player base repeatedly spat back in their face, regularly, and yes, it is self-entitlement that is largely responsible. Yea, these self-entitled types have existed in MMOs for a while, but no where else have they been more vociferousness or obnoxiously loud than Champions. Hell, even Star Trek Online, compared to the smaller player base of Champions, is a dull roar as compared to here.

In the realm of paying, players of Champions for the last few years have made it loud and clear they expect to pay little to nothing for everything. Any avenue they explored to try and continue growing content with pay for options has been rejected. The vehicle system that is up now, which the player base begged for and in a much more stripped fashion than what has actually been delivered now, is again being spat back in Cryptic's face.

And when a player base is that obnoxiously loud that they damn anything that is attempted for them, do you really expect Cryptic to constantly keep sticking their hand back in to have it bitten once more? We have repeatedly proven. Is it a wonder they focus more on STO when they at least know the efforts are working?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS