test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Foundry: THIS JUST IN!

Comments

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please. I would also say bring back the rest of our devs as well!!
  • rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let me add one more yes to this.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes please
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please
  • amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please!
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please!

Pretty please??

begging-cat.jpg

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • merlecoreymerlecorey Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.

But, um, where did Jack say this?

A couple of pages back, OP cited source as a Facebook conversation with screenshot:
    foxyperson wrote: »
    Facebook. Sadly, it was in private messaging so it can't be shared. I can assure you I'm not tricking you, however, but you need to have faith. You can be sure that, if a Kisckstarter opens, it will be by Cryptic.

I can't blame your scepticism, however, especially with the late scams regarding "CoX revival" out to fool people into giving their money. But please, believe me and more importantly, don't stop supporting this thread. :)

emmertreply.png

Also: Yes, please.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes. Definitely. Foundry. Now.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • techknightprimetechknightprime Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please sir. May we have a Foundry? We ate our meat, now give us some pudding!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormk1ttenstormk1tten Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just redo the whole game in Source engine and get the SDK map editing tools and
    video studio for free, along with better graphics and all around more versatile game engine.
    Champions Online:Source pushed into the faces of 12 million Steam users might actually get you some players, again.

Champions Online: Hard Work and No rewards ain't gonna fly.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please.
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please
  • heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please.
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
  • tenebrisnoxtenebrisnox Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please. That's about it really.
  • xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes!! Bring us the foundry.
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please, give us the foundry, it's what the game needs to solve some of the content problems it has.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • blackwolfe042blackwolfe042 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please, by all means.

ST:O Foundry Missions have proven to be extremely fun, and that's what I ask for in a game. I'm not looking for farming, I'm looking for the ability to create stories and to play through stories created by others.

I'm all in on this.
  • shigeru138shigeru138 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A resounding "Yes, please!" from me.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES, PLEASE

Funds are kinda tight but i could spare some cash if i knew it would result in foundry.:smile:

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Overkill at this point but, yes, please. Come on Jack, any way we can breathe some life into this game would sure be nice.
  • ianwagnerianwagner Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please

And the naysayers are missing the point, even if Foundry missions don't give XP. Getting XP is laughably easy now with alerts, you don't need Foundry missions to give it. What the Foundry offers is NEW CONTENT. Created by the community which is devoted to it with tools given it by the developers.

IF some Foundry missions/instances/lairs turn out to be popular, Cryptic will probably adapt and incorporate them into CO as missions or arcs 'with' XP. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a rider on using the Foundry that stated the devs could do so.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please!

No one is opposed to this, so do it! Or I smoo you! D:< There are no naysayers, so how can you say nay? >:|

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic. I have money and I'm very irresponsible with it.

Yes, please.
    biffsig.jpg
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just saying for @KostivlecR "Yes Please!"

((BTW Cryptic, I just got paid ?2k...so um..yeah...I've shopped for ages and have money left over for CO...so...just saying :3))
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please!
  • melatetomelateto Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • datslendermandatslenderman Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please. This is something we want. It may or may not save the game but it will at least give us what we have always asked for.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ianwagner wrote: »
    Yes, Please

And the naysayers are missing the point, even if Foundry missions don't give XP. Getting XP is laughably easy now with alerts, you don't need Foundry missions to give it. What the Foundry offers is NEW CONTENT. Created by the community which is devoted to it with tools given it by the developers.

IF some Foundry missions/instances/lairs turn out to be popular, Cryptic will probably adapt and incorporate them into CO as missions or arcs 'with' XP. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a rider on using the Foundry that stated the devs could do so.

Perhaps I should explain, seeing as how I seem to be misunderstood.

The foundry, at least how it is implemented in STO, has flaws. And there has been no talk at all about addressing those limitations. So while its easy to say, go foundry. Id rather it be go BETTER foundry.

Lets face it, we as a community have often wanted something, only be horribly disapointed with what we finally end up with, assuming we end up with it at all. (Im looking at you vehicle system) We tend to set ourselves up for this as our expectations rarely line up with what Cryptic is able to deliver.

So, I feel its worthwile taking the time to bring up and discuss our expectations clearly when we say we want something. To me, being able to say "hey, the foundry is nice. But perhaps it could be better. Lets discuss it." Is far more valuable then simply saying "Yes please"

I for one am tired of disapointment. I for one am tired of getting a new thing only to have it come up short. And I feel and believe deeply that a foundry that fails to provide an alternate means of leveling. Will lead to disapointment. No xp rewards simply means, foundry or not, we will STILL be doing the same content over and over again. It means we will not be able to tell our own story without having to do old missions that might be out of character or in conflict with a concept. And that means the foundry will come up short.

Lets see if we cant do better then that.
  • sanctuspax1sanctuspax1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree:
    Yes Please
  • broadnaxbroadnax Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I enjoy the Foundry in STO immensely. I even have a couple of characters that I am leveling exclusively through the Foundry. It's slow as mud, but on the bright side, it means I'll get to enjoy my Connie and Oberth ships for a while before outleveling them. :smile:

I would certainly support the addition of the Foundry to CO. While I haven't written any Foundry missions in STO yet, I have done so for CoH's Mission Architect.

It would be great if Cryptic upped the reward for Foundry to make it a decent alternate leveling path. It doesn't need to be as fast leveling as dev-created content, but it should have decent rewards.

For myself, just having a wide variety of story content to play is reward enough, but I know I'm not the norm for MMO players and would like to see incentive to get others to play to justify the cost.

I can't help but wonder though, with regard to the OP, as to whether Jack E. was referring to the crowdsourcing part of the comment or just the Foundry portion. It could be that when the Foundry is finished in Neverwinter that the plans are to migrate it to CO anyway. Or at least they may be gauging interest in the idea.
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please.
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.

Last word I'd heard was that it was not time-cost feasible in the foreseeable future. If this is true, however, I'm deeply interested. The Foundry has been the thing I've been waiting for in CO since it came out.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please!!!

Make It So!!!
  • volkinus#3857 volkinus Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ianwagner wrote: »
    Yes, Please

Which is precisely the very reason why the point that people frequently bring up about how Mission Architect was "abused" for power leveling in CoX is completely and utter moot in this game, as well as one more reason why they SHOULD allow us to level through Foundry missions alone--we already HAVE a means to power level in this game.

Not allowing us to get XP from Foundry missions in the name of culling so called "power leveling" would be completely and utterly pointless unless they get rid of Smash Alerts as part of that effort, since Smash Alerts already do 100% what the so called power leveling missions did in CoX--they provide a means of quick leveling through meaningless grind, with no story or mission objectives other than tank and spank in a single fight in a single small room.

PS: And I don't agree that Foundry missions not giving XP would be OK given that we have Smash Alerts, because the very reason I want Foundry missions is to NOT have to do Smash Alerts to level in the first place.
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Perhaps I should explain, seeing as how I seem to be misunderstood.

The foundry, at least how it is implemented in STO, has flaws. And there has been no talk at all about addressing those limitations. So while its easy to say, go foundry. Id rather it be go BETTER foundry.

Lets face it, we as a community have often wanted something, only be horribly disapointed with what we finally end up with, assuming we end up with it at all. (Im looking at you vehicle system) We tend to set ourselves up for this as our expectations rarely line up with what Cryptic is able to deliver.

So, I feel its worthwile taking the time to bring up and discuss our expectations clearly when we say we want something. To me, being able to say "hey, the foundry is nice. But perhaps it could be better. Lets discuss it." Is far more valuable then simply saying "Yes please"

I for one am tired of disapointment. I for one am tired of getting a new thing only to have it come up short. And I feel and believe deeply that a foundry that fails to provide an alternate means of leveling. Will lead to disapointment. No xp rewards simply means, foundry or not, we will STILL be doing the same content over and over again. It means we will not be able to tell our own story without having to do old missions that might be out of character or in conflict with a concept. And that means the foundry will come up short.

Lets see if we cant do better then that.

I agree with all of this^

YES, PLEASE! Give us the Foundry--BUT, ensure that its able to serve as an alternate means of leveling or it will be a wasted efford.

PS: I'm hoping that since they're claiming that the NWO Foundry will supposedly allow full leveling through Foundry missions alone that they've found a way to provide us with this already. But since they haven't done it in STO yet (since the NWO Foundry is a newer version) it pays to bring up the point that a Foundry that doesn't serve as an alternate leveling means = Fail!
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.

Sounds great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please!
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As a CoX refugee who enjoyed the creative multi-mission arcs available through Mission Architect, and who found plenty of gold amongst the Fire Farm dross, I say

Yes, please!
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES PLEASE!!

Not sure what Kickstarter is, but if it doesn't require us to pay out an absorbant amount of cash, and so long as gold members get certain privleges, I'm good for it! But do it right, not like vehicles. Do. It. RIGHT. Make it live up to the Champs costume creator and nothing can stop us! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Also, has anyone considered using an outside.. poll? Might be faster. Doubt he'd read through this entire thing.. but who knows. Save our Champs!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With Kickstarter you can pay as little or as much as you want. There are usually incentives to pay out more.

If the kickstarter doesn't reach the desired level of funds, you don't get billed for what you put in.
    biffsig.jpg
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With Kickstarter you can pay as little or as much as you want. There are usually incentives to pay out more.

If the kickstarter doesn't reach the desired level of funds, you don't get billed for what you put in.

Thanks a ton Smackwell! In that case,

YES PLEASE!

I'm not sure how much I can put in, but it's something to work for.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please! And I would happily pay regular installments after its release to add more and more customization into it until we get a level close to that of dev control of content creation.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES PLEASE

Pretty please, with strippers on top?