Install Arc
Options

The Foundry: THIS JUST IN!

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    trinititetrinitite Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    hidingcathidingcat Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    foxyperson wrote: »
    "Hmmm. Let me ponder that."

This was Jack Emmert's (Cryptic's CEO) answer when asked whether Cryptic would consider opening a Kickstarter to give us The Foundry as long as we can show him there are at least fifty people interested.

WHAT WE NEED:
    -A minimum of 50 replies saying nothing but "YES, PLEASE" in this thread.

What we DON'T need
    -Naysaying: If you don't care about this initiative or think that anyone contributing is dumb, please refrain from replying at all.
    -Resentment and entitlement feelings: This is about negotiation, not about the way you think things should be. No one is asking whether you're already a Gold subscriber or buy from the C-Store.
    -Rudeness: This thread is meant to be shown to the CEO. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything.

We're addressing the CEO, and we're addressing executives. The bottom line is money, so let's show them we're willing to put our money where out mouths are.

So...

YES, PLEASE!
    Simple Question: Source Please?
    Thanks. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    pwesmithpwesmith Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please!
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crosschan wrote: »
    Thanks. :wink:

Actually, I'm wondering this myself. A source of this quote would make the proposition all that much brighter.

Also, I think we broke 50 people already. Don't stop, of course! I'm just saying, because if it wasn't obvious already, people really want the foundry.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    xreggiexxreggiex Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes please
    ATLANTIS (EAST)

D E N O M I N A T O R (R.I.P)
    D E F E N D E R (LIVE!)

INDUCTION ID: 1900138G040407036004540S3f2fb2
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not speaking from a position of actual knowledge, but... the OP said in the original thread about making a kickstarter for Foundry that she was going to contact Cryptic/PWE marketing directly to find out about the possibility of having a kickstarter provide CO with the foundry; it's possible that what we're seeing is the result of that communication.

Confirmation or an alternate source would, of course, be welcome.

Incidentally, if I'm willing to contribute double the minimum fee, can I sign up for a second Yes, Please?
  • Options
    handsomerhandsomer Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would enjoy the Foundry myself, as would many others, so I vote: Yes!

I'm still curious about the source of this statement though, but I guess I'll go search and look it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crosschan wrote: »

Facebook. Sadly, it was in private messaging so it can't be shared. I can assure you I'm not tricking you, however, but you need to have faith. You can be sure that, if a Kisckstarter opens, it will be by Cryptic.

I can't blame your scepticism, however, especially with the late scams regarding "CoX revival" out to fool people into giving their money. But please, believe me and more importantly, don't stop supporting this thread. :)

emmertreply.png
  • Options
    gunblade555gunblade555 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please
  • Options
    needsmoardakkaneedsmoardakka Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes.

PLEASE!
  • Options
    eldritchfenixeldritchfenix Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please!
  • Options
    freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES Please! :cool:
    witchcraft.jpg

• Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes please

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Yes, Please.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please!

The foundry will the playability alot!

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please :biggrin:
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    spacecatlivesspacecatlives Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would immediately re-subscribe and start buying all sorts of stuff!:biggrin:
  • Options
    dominicshade3dominicshade3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please! Though I'm not much of a creator, I'd love to see what more talented artists than my poor self can accomplish. =D
  • Options
    mandingozmandingoz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Please!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    sirkoricsirkoric Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES PLEASE!

as a person with INCREDIBLE problems with altitis (mostly due to a LOT of ideas) it would either help/hurt (both?) the problem by letting me make story lines for my characters, thier nemesis (nemesi? nemesisis? nemes?) as well as inspire me for all new characters.

not only would it inspire cash purchases from me (like i dont have almost everything already) but i would gladly provide a platter of goodies for all the devs covered with all my wifes exellent baking, including chocolate chip cookies, eclairs, chocolate pudding filled cupcakes, etc etc etc.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    sphiersphier Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please.
    ---
    @Ysale ingame. I do RP and stuff!
  • Options
    shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    foxyperson wrote: »
    What we DON'T need
    -Naysaying: If you don't care about this initiative or think that anyone contributing is dumb, please refrain from replying at all.

Since the rule is "agree or shut up" would you be willing to start a new thread on the topic explaining why this is a good idea for both us and Cryptic?
    edited November 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Since the rule is "agree or shut up" would you be willing to start a new thread on the topic explaining why this is a good idea for both us and Cryptic?
    Okay, let's do that. In fact, perhaps I should go do that right now.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am doing abit of an out of the box and directing more at Jack E himself as mad as that may seem.

Jack E. boyo although we have never met and likely never shall I feel oddly enough like we have at least a few things in common. A love of history connected to the great myths of our worlds culture, D&D, and comics to name but a few reasons.

I recall first taking note of your name way back when Planescapes:Torment came to my attention and helped to give visuals to the fantastic multi-verse setting that is the planes and the infamous city of doors. Although not alot saw it, I always saw the fact you could not really die in that game, and the xp penalty upon coming back to life to be a clear forerunner to how MMO like city of heroes later did it.

I often imagine what a sigil based planescapes MMO would look like and wish often NWO was actually going to be Planescapes Online! Yet even if it must be set in the stagnant old realms I have oddly more faith in this project of yours then any since CO and then STO began to suffer from a lack of dev interest.

I dont blame you, nor have a hard time seeing it. After the frustration you must of felt under NC Soft and how they forced you to make CoH a class based game rather then the free form you managed to push through here on CO its easy to get how the super hero genre may have been something you did more as a smack in the face to your old co workers.

Ive never really read much to make you sound like a hard core trekkie so its not hard to see why STO never really captured your creative interest much either.

Yet in NWO I see a real return of energy long absent from cryptic projects, it seems as if it will make good use of the stream lined video game like nature of D&D 4E and your experiences learned with a classed system like CoH to breathe new life into the MMO genre.

With that said I do not believe you wish to see any of your creations fail, even if they must grow slower and under less generous patrons then one might like. The foundry in concept seems to be potentially the single biggest tool one could give the players of CO to help the small crew of Devs give older players especially, a constant influx of new content. I always thought the AE at coh though not free of issues did just that.

So Jack E. I say to you and all who may read this YES!
  • Options
    som3one1som3one1 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please!
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • Options
    vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, i'd prefer actual new content, but a mission architect system would be a good step for letting the playerbase help mitigate some of the content lulls.

so yes please.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As I said in the Why a Foundry? thread, I will take the 90% "crap" content likely to be produced in the Foundry over the 10% crap and 90% NO content that we currently (and are likely ever to) get. So in that light...

YES PLEASE!!!
    Yes Please
    tumblr_os83d5SraI1spm248o1_540.jpg
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES. Please give us the foundry!

(Edit: Whoops! Typed a long post that doesn't need to go here - see instead the post in the "Why a foundry" thread! I copy-pasted the bulk of this message over there instead!)
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes please. id love to see what kind of missions i can make :)
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please,
    who gives a <expletive deleted> about the rewards. I want to see if anyone can come up with worse or stranger than the GM's I'm used to playing with.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    tenthyrtenthyr Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes. YES YES YES.
    YESSSSSSSSSSS.
    And veriations thereof. Seriously. Do the bloody kickstarter guys.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes please!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sure.
    The devil is in the details, but sure.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    captiveofthevoidcaptiveofthevoid Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Ceiling Cat says:
    Yes please! i can has foundry?

@the_banished_one
    Just a simple Sig
    Why is it so hard to make it interesting?
  • Options
    zazelbyzazelby Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm relatively new here, with very little gameplaying time under my belt, but...

YES, PLEASE.

"It is unthinkable. But such is the nature of villainy, don't you think? To do the unthinkable, to challenge the impossible, to conquer all before you and make destiny your own." - Ghost Widow

And that's why I like villains.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES, PLEASE!

please, dont let my hopes get up, i really really want this.and i spend money
  • Options
    yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.

I think Cryptic should go a step further and allow the modders in our community to have a go with the open source. Then we would possiblely see, new power sets, new zones, and less generic missions that a foundry can offer. Of course all this has to pass a Devs editing and a trip to PTS, but I think modding could be a more sustainable way to extend CO future, without PWE and Cryptic dumping anymore money into CO. I mean, look at SimCity 4, it has gone on for years after EA stopped supporting it, all because modders have continued to add new content.

However, yes, the foundry is a good start.
  • Options
    zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, Please

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, please.

But, um, where did Jack say this?
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif