test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers Up! [formerly Please Stay Tuned]

2»

Comments

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Servers Up Thread with Server Down Messages is equivalent of Windows Start Menu > Shutdown. Just following accepted behaviour for windows software. IJS
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not complaining about the server going down. Hell, fix what you gotta. But I was paying attention to chat and mid-mission. I'da seen a message warning us.

My only gripe: at least give a 5 minute or something. Let us wrap up what we're doing. :)

I don't think they did it on purpose.

Hopefully they haven't left the office. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :biggrin: :tongue:
    mensar wrote: »
    Why are we posting in response to a thread that says the server is UP? Just curious.

Seems.. counterproductive.

I can answer that for you. Its simple we're all morons.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love it.. I joined my cryptic and PWE accounts and end up with a nick of.. not a single character I have.

Bacon Overlord.. how freakin hard would that be to change it to.. but I get stuck with a name that isn't even capitalized.

/FROWN!

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Amazing, you've done it once again Cryptic/PWE (whichever likes to touch the servers the most.) But yes, servers are once again down and we are at the mercy of waiting on our GMs to handle it.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, until then... anyone mind looking at a few suggestions and posting? Particularly the ones in my siggy. Kinda want those done badly. Much appreciated.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Being Vanguard means you can play when Cryptic allows you to play, but you can play for ever, as long as Cryptic allows it.
    TH IS :wink:
    I love it.. I joined my cryptic and PWE accounts and end up with a nick of.. not a single character I have.

Bacon Overlord.. how freakin hard would that be to change it to.. but I get stuck with a name that isn't even capitalized.

/FROWN!

LOL that's you BACON? lmfao :eek: :frown:
    This has been quite the transfer... I, for one, have played PWE games before (mostly just PWI and Jade Dynasty) and have had to put up with this kind of server downage plenty of times. Honestly, it reflects poorly on PWE as a company that in the three years since I left Jade Dynasty, to see them take over a game I actually do enjoy and then to realize they have the SAME issues they had in other games well, yeah, it's annoying, frustrating, and all together a crying shame that they cant get it together on a game that was running (relatively) smoothly before. At least with Cryptic being the ones who owned and worked on the game independently, sure, it had it's fair share of problems, but at least they were tolerable. I'm technically a Life-timer as well, I just refuse to link my lifetime account to PWE so I'm using this account to post my concerns and thoughts, if you know me, it's @nebelvandushmer in game. Either way, I'm glad I paid for that BEFORE PWE took over, I'd hate to think that I gave such a large sum of money to a company like this. I'm with many of you, if it wasnt for the fact that CRYPTIC'S game is actually enjoyable and I've paid for it, I'd have left the instant I learned that PWE was taking over.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not complaining about the server going down. Hell, fix what you gotta. But I was paying attention to chat and mid-mission. I'da seen a message warning us.

My only gripe: at least give a 5 minute or something. Let us wrap up what we're doing. :)

I don't think they intended to bring the server down. TT mentioned that they were going to apply the patch fix while live....

Something tells me that went sideways.
  • heathermooreheathermoore Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

You can thank me later. :biggrin:

I wish to thank you now.

Thank you.

That is all.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    At least it wasnt my ineternet that was causing the problem. eh all I was doing was lvling up an alt. Get done what ever you guys need to do and hope they are brought back up soon!

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wish to thank you now.

Thank you.

That is all.

Indeed, that brightened my mood quite a bit. I'd thank you as well, but I think Imma try using Quotes instead.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Indeed, that brightened my mood quite a bit. I'd thank you as well, but I think Imma try using Quotes instead.

Me, not so much on account of: That joke is ancient and: the frakking servers are still down.

• danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is why most other games have multiple servers; one goes down, you have others that you can go to so that the whole game isn't shut down. Server goes down here, players play in OTHER GAMES. Not a good way of keeping players around to play.
    edited September 2012
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    LOL that's you BACON? lmfao :eek: :frown:

Yeah, it's me :)

Ok, some of you need to leave the forums.. you're lagging this and going to crash it from normal use and doing what you're supposed to by leaving posts.

you KNOW that's not how it works with PWE....

Bacon Overlord

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why are we posting in response to a thread that says the server is UP? Just curious.

Seems.. counterproductive.

Technically it says they were formerly up and to stay tuned.
    edited September 2012

Technically it says "Server's up".

I'm not sure how that translates to what you said :)

Bacon Overlord

• maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    At least we have a message that the are aware of the problem on the launcher now... :biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited September 2012
    maleb666 wrote: »
    At least we have a message that the are aware of the problem on the launcher now... :biggrin:

On my screen it says "Servers Up! [formerly Please Stay Tuned]".

Perhaps you suffer from bracket blindness.
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Being Vanguard means you can play when Cryptic allows you to play, but you can play for ever, as long as Cryptic allows it.

Apparently so.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
    edited September 2012
    On my screen it says "Servers Up! [formerly Please Stay Tuned]".

Perhaps you suffer from bracket blindness.

The message appeared @ the botton of the game launcher... :cool:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited September 2012

No, it doesn't say they were formerly UP.. it says THEY ARE UP. Specifically "Servers Up!". The THREAD used to be called "please stay tuned".

I know, I know.. I just got trolled.

But English isn't just for the cool kids :)

And for the record we're debating the title of THIS THREAD. Not whether the game is up, lol.

Yeah, boredom.....

Bacon Overlord

edited September 2012
    And for the record we're debating the title of THIS THREAD. Not whether the game is up, lol.

Yeah, boredom.....

Well, the game is still down...

So, how are you?? Any CC's lately?? :tongue:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited September 2012
    No, it doesn't say they were formerly UP.. it says THEY ARE UP. Specifically "Servers Up!". The THREAD used to be called "please stay tuned".

I suppose that's one way to read it. If there were a colon there, and the prior title were in quotes, I might have read it that way myself. :tongue:
  • ssholeroyssholeroy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Up. Down. Up. Down.

I'm sure the climax is coming soon...
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    For clarification... the title of this thread is pre-most recent server outage. So it was correct when it was written. :P
    edited September 2012
    ssholeroy wrote: »
    Up. Down. Up. Down.

I'm sure the climax is coming soon...

I see a green light and it's up :biggrin:
    Latest CO experience.

Maintenance/Patch incoming.

Said patch makes things worse.

Repeat.

I know this is F2P, but this is ridiculously unprofessional. Bethesda and Bioware are notorious for buggy releases - but their bugs/patch fixes at least fix things.

When I started CO, it was patches that didn't fix long-standing issues. The last several have simply been game-breaking. With the potential of so many fresh newcomers getting to start their CO experience this way, I would like to think from a financial standpoint this would be kept to a minimum.

Unless of course we want CoH refugees to avoid joining the community at all after being informed of CO's rep.
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've gotta agree with this.

When I defected from COX a while back, while I was impressed with the gameplay etc, I was also surprised at the amount of long standing issues that players had just come to accept nonchalantly. The COX devs would have been strung up by their toes if updates broke existing missions on such a regular basis, it became expected.

• zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When I defected from COX a while back, while I was impressed with the gameplay etc, I was also surprised at the amount of long standing issues that players had just come to accept nonchalantly.

Not all of us are accepting them nonchalantly.

Some of us rant and rail and call Cryptic out on their commitment to lack of testing. But on these forums, we tend to get shut down a lot.

A lot of people are simply leaving the game. Of the people I've been in contact with over the past year or so, I'd guess that roughly 2/3 of them are gone now. And I'm not sure I know a single Gold player any more. I know a lot of people who, like me, purchased a LTS sometime prior to the release of On Alert. And I know a bunch of Silvers (new players, long-term Silvers, or more recently converted from Gold.)

The typical number of instances of MC zones has been nearly halved since On Alert (from about a dozen zones down to 6-7 zones). Populations in the other zones have dropped even more drastically. Previously it was common for the Desert, Canada, and MI to bump up to 2 zones due to the player load. So I'm guessing the typical number of concurrent players has dropped to around 30 to 40 percent of numbers from before On Alert. The number of active players has likely dropped similarly. And the number of paying players has probably dropped even more sharply, as Golds turn into Silvers over these issues.

Cryptic has got to be severely alarmed over this. And how are they responding? Well, yesterday, they re-opened a bunch of RP zones around MC that have been closed since the release of On Alert. That's nice. But given that far more important zones (like Vibora Bay) are currently inaccessible due to bugs... It indicates a fundamental failure of bug triage. I would post what I think this says about Cryptic's ability to prioritize what code to work on. But doing so would probably earn me a forum infraction. (Remember what I said about people like me getting shut down? Yeah, well, there you are.)