test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers Up! [formerly Please Stay Tuned]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
Because of instability issues, we have locked the shards until we can get a fix in. Unfortunately, I do not have an end time for this maintenance -- this issue will need to be QA'd (although we think we've figured out the culprit), so there will need to be time for identifying the problem, fixing it, and implementing this fix.

Thank you all for your patience -- I promise that the dev team is working as fast as they can to get the shard back up, and as soon as I have any additional information, I'll make sure everyone knows.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So it's something else than Doctor Destroyer....

Hail Mechanon!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    So here's what I've got...

-We will shortly have a build up on the live server, so you'll be able to jump back in game. This will be a very temporary build, but it will work.

-Later today, we'll push a real full fix. This will resolve the crash, but will (if I understand correctly) require some more server downtime.

I'll update the forums as I get exact times.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So here's what I've got...

-We will shortly have a build up on the live server, so you'll be able to jump back in game. This will be a very temporary build, but it will work.

-Later today, we'll push a real full fix. This will resolve the crash, but will (if I understand correctly) require some more server downtime.

I'll update the forums as I get exact times.

Thanx for keeping us updated ^_^ :wink:
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    TrailTurtle - thanks for keeping us updated. I know how hairy situations like this can be.
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This will be a very temporary build, but it will work.

Hmmm...we shall see... :tongue:

Thank you for the update! :smile:
    thanks for the info/update.

I had to laugh a little at this because I just subscribed at the beginning of this month, the 3rd iirc, and I had trouble with the game practically from the beginning. net related, lag, etc.
    to the point where it became unplayable. and now this. dang I can never play this game. If its not one thing its the other...lol.

I still insisted and tried this that and the other, but eventually gave up because nothing really worked well enough. I said I paid 3 months membership but forget it this is just impossible, and let the game sit on my hd.

I decided to give it a go today again and see if recent patches had helped with stability and performance and perhaps I could play it. I lauched it and the server status light was green.
    But .....no way of connecting to game.
    Yeah, I go as far as my character but ...logging into the game.....no go.

Let me look on the internet, I thought, to see if the dang server is up....nothing.

Ok I was getting really mad now...lol.
    launched game again...saw the server notice. Ok, at least this makes sense. But damn thats some bad luck. Let me check and see how long the maitenance is going to last.
    Couldnt find a word about it anywhere....unreal I thought....wth????!!
    checked out the forums...and finally found this thread...so at least i?m informed.

in any case my experience with the game in this first month is quite bad. I can barely play it most of the time. or to be honest none of the time because when its up the lag and net problems are just impossible and now these type of things.

anyway just my little rant at a really bad first month experience. hope what you guys are doing now helps out.
  • elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can be a patient little mouse so long as I see progress. I know that fixing issues takes time. I'm just glad I saw that I got the levelling title and pack so I can hope that means my contest entry was judged valid and could potentially win. (pity one couldn't use the amazon gift card toward getting lifetime here, as that'd be what I'd want to spend that kind of money on. :) )
  • meanygirlmeanygirl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I seriously think your problems are on your end @goestoh. You should call your internet provider and have them send a tech and correct your internet issues. Either that or your computer has major problems. Not to insult you or anything, but many many people play CO everyday and do not experience the problems you have. But it's the games fault huh......not anything on your side.
  • goodwilloutgoodwillout Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Kudos to you for keeping us in the loop, trailturtle. If this had happened a few months back, we'd have had an automated response or something which had been cut and pasted from the STO forum. Nice to have someone looking out for us Champs players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    The temporary build is being added to the live shard. I will update this once it's ready to be unlocked for you all to jump on. Thanks for your patience, all, I'll try to keep the information flowing.
  • losgopherinolosgopherino Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yeah im running this game on a rather crappy laptop and have 0 problem other than today where they are having update related problems which isnt exactly a rare thing for MMo's in general. goestoh you need to start looking at your side because this game is actually very well run and maintained
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just wanted to thanks for all the info TT ^__^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Your fine updating skills are very welcome Turtle :D Thanks for letting us all know. <3

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • pricanwarriorpricanwarrior Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PFFT! we should get a free reset power lol jk cant wait to play again
  • gnostromognostromo Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    meanygirl wrote: »
    I seriously think your problems are on your end @goestoh. You should call your internet provider and have them send a tech and correct your internet issues. Either that or your computer has major problems. Not to insult you or anything, but many many people play CO everyday and do not experience the problems you have. But it's the games fault huh......not anything on your side.

PWE has confirmed that their provider has been having issues in the Southwest, that have been preventing anyone in this part of the country from connecting reliably to CO & STO for the last week (especially TWC customers). So it very well might not be a problem on his end.
  • nalasaenalasae Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks a lot for keeping us informed trailturtle, waiting is boring, but it's a lot easier when we know something is getting done.
  • darkprincess0000darkprincess0000 Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    I wish..wish..wish..they would roll back the nighthawk update, the game worked like a charm before that sick AT was released...ony the day it was released, everything died, especially crafting .. i wish you guys would fix crafting so i could level up my investigation skills again v.v
  • pricanwarriorpricanwarrior Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wish..wish..wish..they would roll back the nighthawk update, the game worked like a charm before that sick AT was released...ony the day it was released, everything died, especially crafting .. i wish you guys would fix crafting so i could level up my investigation skills again v.v

YESSSSS i know even the arena was coming back slowly but coming back and well night hawk new powers over kill it again
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PFFT!

:biggrin: I love seeing this. When I read it, to me it means Personal Force Field Tank. Which I will be retconning one of my mains, Protogen, back into being. :cool:

Thanks for keeping us posted on things trailturtle. You guys take your time to get this resolved, no need for a rushed product.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • beleaua78beleaua78 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It seems everyone is impacient to get back into the game despite all the bugs...Oh and funny how you say in the news to stay logged in until the last second of the anniversary and we can`t even log in now...but however CO will always be my favourite game.
    edited September 2012
    The server is now live and unlocked... and I didn't even have time to make a "BRACE YOURSELF" pic. :frown:

Go have yourselves an adventure, heroes -- I'll let you know with plenty of heads-up time when the next round happens.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The server is now live and unlocked... and I didn't even have time to make a "BRACE YOURSELF" pic. :frown:

Go have yourselves an adventure, heroes -- I'll let you know with plenty of heads-up time when the next round happens.

As annoying as all this is, I wanna thank you for keeping us in the loop trailturtle:smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited September 2012
    UPDATE: Good news! The next build later on today won't require any shard downtime. Barring anything unexpected, servers should stay up from now on.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not used to someone on the payroll keeping us updated and/or in the loop.

Feels good man.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    cyrone wrote: »
    :biggrin: I love seeing this. When I read it, to me it means Personal Force Field Tank. Which I will be retconning one of my mains, Protogen, back into being. :cool:

Thanks for keeping us posted on things trailturtle. You guys take your time to get this resolved, no need for a rushed product.

Hmm..I think you need to start teaching classes to me on PFF. I'm going up against the Pulson Rifle Maintain Men of doom :frown: tomorrow with my Impulse and I dont wanna..

I can block and keep up a full PFF hp and still die if they dont loose intrest..I have 6.8k hp and 7.7k PFF and I've died with full PFF before D':

I wish VIPER didnt have such tech :frown:

Let me know when Protogen is up and running :D
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And down again.
    edited September 2012
    Seems that the servers are down again, without any notice ingame..
  • gonzolo4584gonzolo4584 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wow servers took a dump in the middle of me changing colors on my powers lol, thought I did it somehow.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yea, server went kerplunk!
  • zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ... and back down again, apparently.
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, server went kerplunk!

yeah i was picking my advs
    aye server go BOOM! was in the Lost Cave on Monster Island..
  • rixrix Posts: 18
    edited September 2012
    <insert long mournful no here>
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hm... server is down again, or is just me?? :eek:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Stuck in 'Connecting to the login server...'

Was playing fine. Went to switch to alt. Stayed ingame 10 secods and crashed.

Oh! Server Status has a Red Dot.....

And not the only one it seems....
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was halfway through my running man dance behind an Iron Man clone then bang kicked.

How dare the devs interrupt my clone mocking.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rix wrote: »
    <insert long mournful no here>

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

You can thank me later. :biggrin:
    edited September 2012
    Apparently, someone forgot to feed the hamsters :biggrin:
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it's not just me then. phew. connection to game server has been ratty for the past couple of hours with 4 timouts. guess it finally gave up the ghost.
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Aaaaand of course the server goes down AGAIN. I mean, why WOULD it be reliable? It's not like I paid $300 to play the game whenever I want or anything...

OWAIT, VANGUARD LOL THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • krazykarazankrazykarazan Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yup login server is down, launcher shows server status as red, time to get some food !
    I am @krazykarazan ingame
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aaargh! This is irritating

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nalasae wrote: »
    Apparently, someone forgot to feed the hamsters :biggrin:

Computers run on smoke.
  • mrbeatzeromrbeatzero Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    God ****ing dammit. Honestly? Connections have been crap lately and I put up with it because I -like- the game I don't -like- the company atm. Also regards kitty from a gold member.
  • rixrix Posts: 18
    edited September 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

You can thank me later. :biggrin:

Oh gawd I forgot that existed...
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Glad it wasn't just me! Right when I was about to retcon one of my 40s that needed it oh so badly. I'm talking... some noob stuff in there.. r3 Energy builder and both travel powers r3. The build isn't actually that bad but the AP distribution is awful. Anyways, hope it isn't like this all weekend >.>

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not complaining about the server going down. Hell, fix what you gotta. But I was paying attention to chat and mid-mission. I'da seen a message warning us.

My only gripe: at least give a 5 minute or something. Let us wrap up what we're doing. :)
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why are we posting in response to a thread that says the server is UP? Just curious.

Seems.. counterproductive.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
    edited September 2012
    kittyanon wrote: »
    Aaaaand of course the server goes down AGAIN. I mean, why WOULD it be reliable? It's not like I paid $300 to play the game whenever I want or anything...

OWAIT, VANGUARD LOL THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS.

Being Vanguard means you can play when Cryptic allows you to play, but you can play for ever, as long as Cryptic allows it.
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ad there goes my CC at 6:30... :frown:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg