Options

Items Discussion Thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Dr.Sage wrote:
    You know some of the +Heal Strength boosts also buff Shield strength, right?

Oh no...I'm already having nightmares of super bubble tanks... @_@
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So um....what happened to all the weapon unlocks? I don't recall seeing those at any vendors.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not sure if this is the appropriate location to post this, but I think I may have found a potential bug with the new gear (just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience). As it stands with a green primary utility that is giving 145 cooldown reduction and a secondary utility that gives 73 cooldown reduction +ss INT of roughly 290 or so, cooldown for enrage skill was 21 seconds and active offense/defense roughly 47 seconds if I recall correctly. Upon slotting a Intelligence enhancement core 4 into the primary slot my cooldown for enrage became 27 seconds and the actives increased to 1 minute 1 second. If I remove the enhancement the cooldown again reduces back to the original pre modded value, thinking perhaps it was something with adding intelligence into a item that lowers cooldown times I replaced the intelligence enhancement with a strength enhancement and the timers then increased again. I have tried to reproduce this effect on several characters some with more success than others. Without being able to reproduce it reliably I am not sure what the base cause is although I have noticed sometimes when modding primary utilities when adding a enhancement core after hitting commit then trying to close the window it tells me I have still have changes that wont be saved if I close the window, if you proceed to close the window the changes are there to the item and that is when it seems to be breaking the said item. I thank you in advance if anyone else has noticed a issue with cooldown times and may have tested more thoroughly than me, could please drop me a line to let me know I am not just missing something basic.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    [Post deleted: PWE account merger.]
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug
    He who sent them up river or maybe Jailhouse block
    I thought I saw a reward in the offing - a +30 Dex upgrade or some other thing but when I turned both these in I got nothing except exp

It's kinda strange on the whole. On live I got some very good gear indeed, one item was a primary Def with circa +20 Dex and +20 Int on it. You couldn't get that with a level 40 SL blue, I got it from one of the Kodiak arc missions e.g. level 6-8. Now that stuff is gone on the PTS shrugs maybe it was way OP'd!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    4rksakes wrote:
    Bug

It's kinda strange on the whole. On live I got some very good gear indeed, one item was a primary Def with circa +20 Dex and +20 Int on it. You couldn't get that with a level 40 SL blue, I got it from one of the Kodiak arc missions e.g. level 6-8. Now that stuff is gone on the PTS shrugs maybe it was way OP'd!

SL Blue SECONDARIES offer 20\20 stats, Primaries offer over 90 stat points. What OPness you are talking about?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SL Blue SECONDARIES offer 20\20 stats, Primaries offer over 90 stat points. What OPness you are talking about?

Hm .. never saw a 20/20 .. two stats is normally 16/16 .. and +40 i've only seen so far on items
    with 3 or 4 different stats. If 20/20 really exist they must be at least very very rare.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Hm .. never saw a 20/20 .. two stats is normally 16/16 .. and +40 i've only seen so far on items
    with 3 or 4 different stats. If 20/20 really exist they must be at least very very rare.

The item winds up being one of the weird combo-stats prefix that adds + 9 to each stat piece, so you wind up with a 20 Str 20 Rec item that'd normally be 11/11. Kinda cool.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Oops my apologies the stats were Dex/Rec but I could also have gone for a Str/Int combo +23 on each on a defensive Primary beats any other Defensive primary on live that I am aware of and prolly on PTS at the moment.
    This for primary offence
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2sbua1u.jpg
    This for Utility
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2ahxp92.jpg
    This for primary Defence
    http://i44.tinypic.com/14csln9.jpg
    Running a Dex/Int/Ego (will be) TK blader a while back on live I found it very hard to get better than this. I was way into the 20s before I even began to get better gear.
    As I said it's not there on the PTS - I'm not sure the new stuff is better maybe it was OP'd.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wow.. skill trees are mod specific.. I don't really know if this means I need to run alts now JUST to get the mods I want?

Can I go back to learning multiple trees like it once was?

If I want +CrowdControlStrength and +CooldownRedux I can't craft both? and on top of that I can't make INT in either?

BOOOOOO
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Wow.. skill trees are mod specific.. I don't really know if this means I need to run alts now JUST to get the mods I want?
    Or trade for them. I'd level up crafting before the patch, though, post-patch looks to be a bear.