test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160210.45 - BUG FIXES

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Foxbatcon
  • Added Flying Foxbat vehicle to the merchant store. This vehicle comes equipped with the Decoy Spotlights power.
  • The IOU no longer gives out foxbat cred. Instead it now gives out a unique action figure. If you already claimed an IOU, you can get this action figure from the vendor.
  • Fixed a bug where the temporary foam finger item had a unique tag.

Rocker Costume
  • Added a beast leg variant of the Rocker leg accessories.
  • Rocker foot accessories and bracers should be visible under the both option now.
  • Fixed male rocker emblem from not showing for players.
  • Female face patterns should now properly unlock.

Animal Pack
  • Rabbit, Doberman and Cat heads are now available.
  • Kitsune fluffy and leopard tails are now available.
  • Cat hand paws and foot paws are now available.
  • All female animal heads now have eyes that can be customized.
  • The diffuse options on the costumes are now optional.
  • Toned down how much you can scale the ears and eyes on the heads.
  • You should now be able to unlock the new items by repurchasing the unlock in the pts store.

Power Changes
  • Power Chord
    Rock Concert advantage now only affects nearby allies. This was done as it was unintended for the power to pay for iteself.
    Increased amount of damage and energy this gives allies to compensate. Updated the tooltip.
    Fixed a bug where the power rooted you on ranks 2 and 3.
  • Fixed Grasping Shadows Devouring Darkness tooltip.
  • Fixed Soul Vortex and Ebon Ruin from applying multiple stacks of fear.
  • Fixed a bug where Soul Vortex could not be colored on ranks 2 and 3.
  • Fixed a description error with the Rockstar talent.
  • Fixed a description error with the Rampant advantage on Cleave
  • Fixed a description error with the Rattle and Deafening advantages on Hyper Voice
  • Aura of Ebon Destruction should work on archetypes now.

Misc Changes
  • Fixed the Psychedelic and Metal glider vehicle ZEN store descriptions to state that they have 8 slots. This is just a description change.
  • Fixed a bug where the regular Rocker Glider hoverboard could not be unlocked if you owned another hoverboard unlock.
  • Fixed a bug where rank 1 of the hoverboard gliders did not display their FX
  • Added a developer action figure store to the toymaster. Developers will be able to hand out tokens for players to purchase items here.
  • Fixed a bug where a couple items were not scaling to level 40 in the silver champions recognition vendor secondary gear store.
  • Fixed a bug where the Slime Skin was bind to account on pickup. It is now bind to account on equip.
  • The Boar head has been added to the Drifter store.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1. Posts that do not pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    Huh never thought I would see a Rabbit head.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Kaiserin can you add the Rhino head to the Drifter store too? I am glad to see more beast heads :D and also glad the AoED works now on the Void AT. Keep up the good work!
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Thanks for the update. All good stuff here.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    Issue:

The wobble physics on the Fox 2 head's ears make it look very unnatural and unappealing. Please change the fox ears to be in a static position as a fox's ears do not wobble like they're made of jello with just the slightest movements.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    With this strange change to the Foxbat IOU, why not bump up the daily Foxbat Cred reward to 100? This is getting way too grindy for existing players, nevermind new people. Also, please put markers on the map for where all of the Foxbats are. As is, people are just using the wiki's map in a clunky manner, and everyone else is asking where to find them. It's not fun or interesting design to alt-tab constantly to play the game. It's a mission. It should have mission markers or at least indicators baked into the map texture. The Takofanes event has them. Why not this?

Bugs:

The tails still don't attach like all of the old tails do -- to the tailbone. Instead they attach weirdly to the middle of the spine. It looks extremely wrong.

Also, the Dog tail has a huge strip of transparency along the underside that completely splits the tail in half if you look at it from behind.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Good thing I got the IOU turned in before this pointless change, the one time boost in foxbat cred was great for removing some of the grindiness from the event.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    Action figure is a pointless, useless, gift. Not everyone's a collector and creds can be turned for costumes. The change is controversial at best.​​
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Its a real shame that Power Chord is being changed that way. Are my characters with it getting a free retcon again? They were built to open with the attack and give me and me and my team full energy from the get go. The characters themselves kind of needed it for themselves.​​
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    As long as we're doing animal stuff:

Request: Squirrel head to go with our squirrel tails
    Request: Look into squirrel tail clipping in most poses (at least for female toons - have to be in the hunched over bestial pose to not have the squirrel tail massively clip into the back of my head).

Foxbatcon:
    -The IOU change turns the IOU from 1/character to once ever. I'm not sure that's a positive change.
    -For 1200 cred, the vehicle could stand to have more than 5 slots base.

Other:
    BUG? New characters on PTS only get half the 'gained' retcons of live characters. (LTS, on live i get 6 on a new character, on PTS it's 3). I don't know if that's working as intended or not.
    1200? So a 10 day grind for a underpowered vehicle? This soon after you raised the cost of the low quality vehicles in the drifter vendor. Seems those in charge of costs are continuing the out of touch trend.
  • 10 days? unless i missed a daily somewhere, no way in hell can you get 120 tokens a day​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Tokens are not limited to dailies, mobs can drop Swag bags which have a high chance to give tokens.​​
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Suggestion: Action Figure 189 Spotlight - change spawn position and flying height to match the helicopter - currently it flys at knee height and would honestly be spotlighting your ankles!

Good to see the "What Does the Fox Say?" perk is still obtainable on all characters. One thing however, on each character you hand in the IOU, you get another Action Figure. Right clicking this has no effect if already unlocked on a previous character - not even a message saying this is already unlocked - might be a good idea to add this.

I do have a concern over the price of the Foxbat jet - if it was purchased with Drifter Salvage that would be 600DS (5 x 120 (cans of 10 cred)) putting it far above the price of the other mark 1 vehicles. I appreciate that it is a unique event vehicle and will only be available once a year during foxbat so the price should reflect some level of exclusivity - however surely 600 foxbat credits is a far more reasonable price (which would put it at the 300DS to buy via Drifter Salvage and align it more closely to what i recall were the price for vehicles in previous events. Also lowering the price would encourage more people to farm for it or buy it and ultimately give a larger pool of potential purchasers of tune up kit to make it Mark 2.​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    Dog tail scales weirdly, when increasing the tail slider the place where it attaches to the character moves up.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Just what I posted from the previous PTS:
    BUG:Hyper Voice + Expose Weakness from DEXTERITY Primary
    Expose Weakness stacks instantly fall once you stop maintain Hyper Voice, they don't go on cooldown they just dissapear

BUG: Foxbat Cred can still be sold to vendors (for the amazing price of 55 L per Cred)

BUG: Grasping Shadows's Devouring Darkness Can Critical Hit

Suggestion: Please give Glow and make [FoxBatCon Swag Bag]s pickup map icons ROTATE like the Lockboxes
    Due to the fact the bags are 2D and so small, they are really easy to miss
    Suggestion: Can Power Chord get Crowd Control immunity while maintain it like Fury of the Dragon? A single mob with CC can ruin the ultimate and put it on cooldown onion-44.gif

Rabbit, Doberman and Cat heads are now available.

How deep does the Rabbit Hole go?
    I shall make a character who does Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap with this head
    oh i'm sorry, I mean Filthy Acts Done at a Reasonable Price
    I never had any interest to make a Rabbit character until now

Hmm I may use the Doberman head for my Rottweiler, i hope it scales well with the face sliders to emulate the Rottweiler bulky head
    Cat hand paws and foot paws are now available.
    All my Feline character will get updated with this~
    The Boar head has been added to the Drifter store.
    842.jpg
    RHINO Next?
    OH SHIP! I need Drifter Salvage!
    The IOU no longer gives out foxbat cred. Instead it now gives out a unique action figure. If you already claimed an IOU, you can get this action figure from the vendor.

MEH
    A Worthless AF against Cred farming
    Im glad I got everything I needed before this change​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Tokens are not limited to dailies, mobs can drop Swag bags which have a high chance to give tokens.

unfortunately, the bags themselves have a VERY low drop rate.seems to be about 3 per 100 kills, that's running round doing missions and I was doing better than someone else, who was trying to farm and got 2 bags in half an hour
    BUG: Live
    demon chest of recognition, you can buy multiple times. BUy on one character, change to another.
    It wasn't fixed when the other demon and lemurian peices were.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    On the topic of Foxbat Cred and Drifter Salvage, I think that the Foxbat tins should give more Drifter salvage at their rate. Its the average of 2-3 Cosmic keys to get enough DS to by a tin and that's pretty terrible.​​

10 days? unless i missed a daily somewhere, no way in hell can you get 120 tokens a day​​

I'm guessing when this change goes live the second daily will also be going live. Together they give 121 tokens, but even with the swag bags that doesn't make this any less grindy. In fact it makes it worse, and again is attributed to the out of touch with the playerbase and reality that whoever is responsible for these prices is going through. This isn't a korean grinder, yet they are doing their best to turn it into one.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The IOU no longer gives out foxbat cred. Instead it now gives out a unique action figure. If you already claimed an IOU, you can get this action figure from the vendor.
    My guess is that folks were making characters to go do Defender's Foxbat mission, then the Mayor's mission (find 10 Foxbats), plus grab the IOU--very easy at level 6 with a vehicle.

You could do this two or three days, on a couple of alts made just for this purpose, delete them, start again, and quickly have the unlocks you want. The IOU granting Foxbat cred once makes this slightly better than using existing alts for the same purpose.

I guess this is somehow a problem for the event.

Meh.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Foxbatcon

• The IOU no longer gives out foxbat cred. Instead it now gives out a unique action figure. If you already claimed an IOU, you can get this action figure from the vendor.
    ​​
    draogn said:

Together they give 121 tokens, but even with the swag bags that doesn't make this any less grindy. In fact it makes it worse, and again is attributed to the out of touch with the playerbase and reality that whoever is responsible for these prices is going through. This isn't a korean grinder, yet they are doing their best to turn it into one.

Really, the token shaved off one day leave it be. Or at least put the new devices and aura in line with the old devices 600 vs 400 (aura's out of line too). If people are trying to be sneaky en-mass is usually your problem not ours. The more tightly you squeeze the more people justify using every cheese move we know to wriggle out of your grasp. i.e. You play fair we play fair
  • strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    BUG:

Wobble physics on ears. This causes the ears to not stay matched with the head during certain stances (Example: Stopping while using a running travel power). This leads to the ears clipping massively into the character's head or becoming detached.

Possible Solution:

Simply remove the wobble physics from ears on the new heads until this can be addressed. Also as a suggestion, make it an option in the costume creator for ears to be wobbly or not so those animal heads that it would not make sense on (example: Fox, otter, etc), are not stuck with wierd wobbly ears.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2016
    Lol. Wobbly ears on foxes?

Totally makes sense!

Seriously, instead of rigging all animal heads in a similar way it should by on a case-by-case basis. It doesn't even make any sense for certain animals.

BTW, I hope that experiments with jiggle physics wil stay only with things like hair or ears. Srsly.​​
    edited March 2016
    BTW, I hope that experiments with jiggle physics wil stay only with things like hair or ears. Srsly.

The Day we get Jiggle Breast physics is the day Im DONE!
    SO DONE
    But I doubt our DEVs would give the game such cheap Fanservice... but again the game is slowly turning into a Korean MMO with all that Grinding! onion-30.gif

why would a Fox have wobbly physics on ears anyway? that sounds stupid!
    and if its like the Fox mask we currently have its even more stupid​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    draogn said:

10 days? unless i missed a daily somewhere, no way in hell can you get 120 tokens a day​​

I'm guessing when this change goes live the second daily will also be going live. Together they give 121 tokens, but even with the swag bags that doesn't make this any less grindy. In fact it makes it worse, and again is attributed to the out of touch with the playerbase and reality that whoever is responsible for these prices is going through. This isn't a korean grinder, yet they are doing their best to turn it into one.
    You do realize that Cryptic is owned by perfect world entertainment, which is a korean based company, right? So, its no surprise that they are trying to make it more grindy.
    edited March 2016
    SUGGESTION: Can we please get this Foxbat Fangirl as an Action Figurine in the Vendor!?
    Its not too late to add new action figurines for the event, and she is Adorable, her appearence stands out from the other fans!
    QflFyiG.jpg​​
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    wanna see the new beasts heads
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    avianos said:

SUGGESTION: Can we please get this Foxbat Fangirl as an Action Figurine in the Vendor!?

Its not too late to add new action figurines for the event, and she is Adorable, her appearence stands out from the other fans!

QflFyiG.jpg​​

On a related note, I'd really like the Foxbat fan in cardboard armor as an action figure.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The Boar head has been added to the Drifter store.

Took ya long enough ;) Seriously though, good on ya. Be cool to see Leech's head at some point, too.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Vampiric Sympathy description still says 15 feet. Not sure if the effect itself actually is 20 feet since it's hard to be exact with such things.
    Bug:
    Powerchord rank2 still selfroots.
    Bug:
    Rocker bracers are still only available for left and right separately.
  • orgamechorgamech Posts: 11 Arc User
    Looks like we're getting that same awkwardly stretched look on the neck for the female Animal Heads as in the olden days. There's gotta be something you can do to fix the problem, otherwise it's gonna be the Alligator/Crocodile head fiasco all over again. (Still waiting on a crocodilian Back and Tail piece for those)

BTW, please make sure that ALL of the facial sliders are properly rigged on the Animal Heads for BOTH GENDERS. The female sliders have been neglected on previous heads, such as the Bear. (P.S. Color glow on Wild Bear still needs to be corrected)

I LOVE the angle of the Leopard tale, and staying optimistic that all of the other tails can expect a similar adjustment to that unsettling 90 degree turn at the spinal chord. I'm also hopeful that the issue with the sliders sending the Tail bases up through the Belt area can be addressed soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Otter Tail, Leopard Head, and whatever else is coming our way! Thank you for providing such beautifully sculpted costume pieces to a subject that's been neglected for some time. I can't wait to see what's next!!!
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kaizerin said:

Tokens are not limited to dailies, mobs can drop Swag bags which have a high chance to give tokens.​​

True, but how can the vehicle be purchased when the foxbat cred only stacks to 999 and it costs 1,200?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    you CAN have multiple stacks of tokens, you know...​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

you CAN have multiple stacks of tokens, you know...​​

It would be more practical to raise the cred stack amount instead of multiple stacks of cred taking up inventory space. In my opinion, the stacks should be raised to 2000 cred max. Besides, when I tried to purchase it I got the error message that I didnt have enough cred, even with more than one stack.
  • you sure you actually had 1200?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    I purchased the vehicle ok when i was on pts after the patch, opened 120 tins of cred to do it. No issue there.​​
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    If we're getting kitsune tails, is there any chance we can get twin nekomata tails?
    animal heads.-
    what happened to the pig, to get all those odd shapings on the face?
    foxes have a dent in their ears,
    cats don't have a dent in their earsand those ears are big enough to belong to a devon rex.
    otters have a rodent head- otters have more rectangular heads.
    the tiger head has a dark patch down the middle but none on the sides, so you end up with an odd coloured head.
    animal%20heads_zps5nt5rfct.png
    animal%20heads%203_zpstvmbu2jb.png
    animal%20heads2_zps757mxkwj.png

pig-1028845__180.jpg​​

Music aura and Symphony aura.
    what the symphony aura looks like on PTS, is what the music aura looks like on Live.​​

edited March 2016
    chaelk wrote: »
    animal%20heads_zps5nt5rfct.png
    DAT CAT HEAD! NYANTA SAMA? Is that you?
    Is CO turning into Log Horizon? (better than the abomination called Sword Art Online)
    latest?cb=20150609222244​​
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    Yeah, that tiger head's colours are weird.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Well, they never said the textures were finalized, so they are still a WIP.
    edited March 2016
    But does the Tiger and the Cat heads have Cheetah and Leopard patterns?​​
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    With no 100 Cred boost will Swag bad and cred drop rate increase? Will high end items get a price drop? If not.......

I do not collect Action Figures and only get IOU when I need the boost of creds to get a costume or item I want, so I guess Instead of waiting for next Foxbat event, I will be collection IOU's on all my alts
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Oh god, those animal heads are so cute! How much zen do the animal pack cost and when is it going to be release to the public?
    The event vehicle for that price should at least have the 10% increase that the other drifter and event vehicles have had in the past. As it stands it's not worth the grind with only 5 slots.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2016

With no 100 Cred boost will Swag bad and cred drop rate increase? Will high end items get a price drop? If not.......

Based on my before/after kill perk totals, i killed ~500 (actual 489) cobralords last night. I netted a mere 16 swagbags. That's 1 swag bag every ~31 kills. About half of those have 2-5 foxbat cred, seemingly biased towards 2 (didn't keep accurate count of all the swag bags i've ever opened, so consider that my impression). So, generously, you get no more than 3 foxbat cred every 50 kills on average.

Needless to say, farming swag bags is an exercise in frustration. To even equal a single Foxhunt daily you need to kill about 1000 enemies. Hope you had some 5k kill perks you *really* wanted to work on.
  • yeah...think maybe the lower limit for those bags need to be upped to 5 cred - course, i wouldn't say no to higher​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    Yeah, I'd say increase the drop rate of swag bags and their chance to give cred as loot.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
This discussion has been closed.