Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20151015.44 - Icicle Archetype & Winter Updates

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20151015.44
This build is available on PTS as of 12/4/2015

Winter Reward Updates
- Updated icons for the Duckfoot, Curling Broom, Toy Arms and Toy Legs.
- Removed Holiday Crackers from the Winter Store.
- Added the new Icicle Archetype to character creation, the Winter Store & the PTS Store. This archetype includes three new ice powers: Chilled Form, Icicle Spear & Icy Embrace.
- Updated PTS store so the holiday costumes are purchasable.
- Changed the pricing for a few costumes.
- Added Steampunk Backpack to the holiday store.
- Removed costume drops from Black Harlequin alert since they are all in the store.
- Added permanent versions of the Winter Transmogrification devices to the Questionite store.
- Normalized Clarence's rewards so that each place has the same chance at rewards.
- Added new action figures to Clarence rewards: Fenny Plush Toy, Sparkles, Rainbow Sparkle Unicorn Teddy, Impy, Chompners, and Catoastrophe.
- Added a winter currency pack to Clarence rewards.
- Added a winter currency pack to Black Harlequin in the Finkle Foundry alert.
- Added a winter currency pack to the PTS store.
- Added Grandfather Winter gear to the Winter Event store.
- Fixed a bug where Grandfather Winter items did not level with you.

Power Changes
- Wall of ice is now affected by your damage bonuses.
- Wall of Ice now has a 50% chance to apply chill to targets affected by Ice Cage.
- Ice Barrier now counts as an active defense.
- Ice Barrier now provides a small heal over time to you and nearby teammates.
- Hard Frost advantage has been changed to apply a 20% cold debuff when the target is chilled. This change is being made to shift Ice Blast from a damage focused power to a utility power.
- Ice Blast has a new advantage that refreshes chill on a target.

Additional Changes
- Fixed a bug that changed Sorcerer hair's restrictions.
- Wide (Arcane Pattern) and Long Skirt Pattern Arcane 3 now properly unlock cloth and leather materials.
- Fixed a crash that can happen during login after character creation.
- Removed the legacy chance costume box from the Drifter store.
- Added Arms legacy costumes to the Drifter store.
- Added Mystic and Science legacy costumes to the Questionite store.
- Added Become Samurai, Gladiator, and Security Process to Questionite store.
- Added new icons for the legacy costumes.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0

Comments

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The hard frost change will hurt ice dps toons rather hard. But, it was causing people to take it over R3 since it was a better dps buff overall. Also, will we have to level up The Chiller to unlock the new ice powers?

Would it be possible to have the Toy Drive Pack give 10 of each item instead of only 5? As it stands, it requires to much drifter salvage to unlock one costume piece compared to previous events.

Also, Make the christmas items stack above 50.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    It doesn't, you just have to rework how it works. Ice blast is a debuffer power now for spear. It's quite awesome.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    Also, for the costume pieces on the vendors, since they unlock automatically, can we get them to show which ones you already have unlocked?
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Hard frost will hurt people whose ice dps was 'spam ice blast taps'. That was not very inspiring game play to start with, however, so I'm not too sad to see it gone. Now, if only other blast powers had equally useful options.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I love how Icicle Spear has Freezer Burn for a advantage, apply Clinging Flames. Now if only Clinging Flames could be made useful. Also, whats the difference between Chilled Form and Concentration? Ice Power Energy Unlock ftw! I see the Icicle has a place holder costume atm.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Suggestion:
    Add the Dragon Bracers to the Q store. Those were part of the Mystic crafted costume pieces.

Bug:
    Rocket boots have color bleeding from the 4th to the 3rd color.

Suggestion:
    Make Jet Boots (travel power) work better with Rocket boots, so that the flames come from the rockets.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Bug:
    Clipping in the back of head on Goggles.
    photo Champions Online_2015-12-04_20-23-46.png

Suggestion:
    4th color glow option
    & Add Materials: Cloth, Leather, Metal, Brush Metal, & Ice. Also Adding the dirt detail.
    photo Champions Online_2015-12-04_20-24-28.png
  • Options
    aiqa said:

Suggestion:
    Add the Dragon Bracers to the Q store. Those were part of the Mystic crafted costume pieces.

Bug:

Suggestion:
    Make Jet Boots (travel power) work better with Rocket boots, so that the flames come from the rockets.

Is the STeampunk Rocket Boots meant to be female only? Or is that a bug, them not unlocking for males? At least, for me, my males did not get it.
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    The Icicle Archetype in the Creation process is not displaying a "default" costume of its own. Instead when you go to select the archetype for creation if you hover over a different archetype, The Squall for example, you get that archetype's default costume for the default. Not sure if this was a widespread bug or just a weird graphics glitch on my end, but thought I'd bring it up.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User

aiqa said:

Suggestion:

Bug:

Suggestion:

Is the STeampunk Rocket Boots meant to be female only? Or is that a bug, them not unlocking for males? At least, for me, my males did not get it.
    Kais is working on adding it.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I love how Icicle Spear has Freezer Burn for a advantage, apply Clinging Flames. Now if only Clinging Flames could be made useful. Also, whats the difference between Chilled Form and Concentration? Ice Power Energy Unlock ftw! I see the Icicle has a place holder costume atm.

Clinging flames is hugely useful, with both Chill and Clinging Flames you can make good use of Rimefire Burst. The power might even be a bit OP in pvp because of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Bug: Inexplicably, anti aircraft missiles mark 2 are shown as having a costume unlock, which doesn't even make sense (this might not be a new bug)
    Bug: With 606 int, chilled form gives me 3.6% damage and 13 energy. Concentration gives me 22% and 71 energy. I assume it's not actually scaling with stats (edit: it's just not scaling with int)
    Suggestion: make freezer burn chance scale with charge time, if that can be done.
    Bug: According to advanced description, icy embrace procs based on clinging flames. That seems wrong.

Post edited by pantagruel01 on
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Bug: Basic Description of Chilled Form states that energy gain scales with EGO or DEX whichever is higher, whilst the Advanced Description states that it is Intelligence Or Dexterity.

^ Oddly enough, the scaling seems to react to EGO and INT as well as DEX.

EDIT: As Pantagruel points out...there's something strange going on with the scaling, @ 339 Intelligence & 23 Dexterity, I am getting 3.4% ranged damage and +12 energy from Chilled Form.

Bug: Description for Ice Barrier still calls itself a "Buff" rather than an active defensive. There is also no mention of the HoT buff it is meant to provide.

Bug: Description for Ice Blast's Frost Bite, in the basic description is listed as [UNTRANSLATED: ]

Bug: Description for Icicle Spear does not state how much additional damage it deals per chill stack on targets.

Bug: Description (Basic) for Icy Embrace is using Thermal Reverb information.

Suggestion: Allow Icy Embrace to scale with INT or END but be affected by your DEX.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    There's a few copy/paste bugs in the new power descriptions, but other than that, they seem to be working fine; the spear is a little on the expensive side, but can be managed.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    Query...what happened to Millennium City?

It seems a lot darker than usual...
  • Options
    pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    New ATs is excellent news, I hope this becomes a trend (at least one AT for each role in every framework, and more mixed ATs)
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    It would be interesting to see the power progression of this new AT. Also will be a reawakened like the Automaton?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    Suggestion: if ice burst is an active defense, it should be 0 energy cost and usable when held.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Doesn't work with INT.

Is this power just something to give DEX a scaling version of concentration? I would have loved something more ice based like gaining stacks when you apply chill or something but okay I suppose I understand it's reasoning.

"Your FROSTY ENERGY WHEE gives 16 Energy to you." Haha that name though. xD
  • Options

Bug: Inexplicably, anti aircraft missiles mark 2 are shown as having a costume unlock, which doesn't even make sense (this might not be a new bug)
    Bug: With 606 int, chilled form gives me 3.6% damage and 13 energy. Concentration gives me 22% and 71 energy. I assume it's not actually scaling with stats (edit: it's just not scaling with int)
    Suggestion: make freezer burn chance scale with charge time, if that can be done.
    Bug: According to advanced description, icy embrace procs based on clinging flames. That seems wrong.

Of course its not scaling with int, if you read the tooltip it says it scales with ego and dex.
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Don't change Hard Frost, it's fine the way it is. Are we forgetting the proc only works if the target is chilled and Rimefire removes it so it's never guaranteed???

Leave the power along and add a new advantage, call it Sub Zero and have that one debuff the dmg res by 20%. Hard Frost is a fun power to have.

Since you in the mood to tinker, can you please add the Penetrating Strikes advantage to Reaper's Caress and Blade Tempest???
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    So this is effectively an Ice Blast nerf? I suppose that's alright. Psyched for new powers and an Awakened AT that isn't built like crap.

Icicle Spear might need some balancing. That extra damage based on the stacks of Chill is a bit overkill, so it might need to consume the Chill stacks on at least half charge.

The Drifter Salvage and Questionite prices for the Legacy costume pieces is a bit extreme. Make them the same as the other pieces available.

AF Sparkles' has no running animation. When do we get Sparkles' standing stance in general?

After you buy the Costume pieces in the Q Store, they are no longer allowed to be purchased again even though they are Bind On Equip rather Bind on Pickup.​​
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    and we have a 2 week period to collect tokens, while STO has now till 15 jan​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Bug: [Dragon] (the legacy dragon bracers that were accidentally left out of the previous drifter box) still aren't available in the Q store.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I really love, but I'm concerned for Ice Blast Nerf and Buff, Ice Blast with Hard Frost was the ONLY ICE single target DPS, and one of the only USEFUL Blast attacks...
    I guess ICE will gain new DPS from the Icicle Archetype, is that an Reawaken AT?

My most important Question is: WILL ICE GET AN THEME ENERGY UNLOCK?
    I mean COME ON! Ice Reverberation or something
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Release Notes for FC.31.20151015.44
    Power Changes
    - Wall of ice is now affected by your damage bonuses.
    - Wall of Ice now has a 50% chance to apply chill to targets affected by Ice Cage.
    - Ice Barrier now counts as an active defense.
    - Ice Barrier now provides a small heal over time to you and nearby teammates.

I really love how much Wall of Ice is getting BUFFED~! it's finally getting on useful levels

Will the Ice Barrier's HoT scale with Bonus Healing and Presence?
    ALSO Can you guys PLEASE remove the Energy Drain from the power, its active Defence now

One this is sure, this Event will keep me BUSY :P​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Energy Unlock: Brass monkey,​​

• Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I'm not in favour of the changes to Ice Blast, on principle. If you want to make a power which is part of a combo set up for your new AT then you should create a new one, not muck about with a base power for all Glacier ATs and Ice-themed characters.

However.... I also suspect that a 20% debuff to ice damage for chilled enemies may prove to be completely OP when added to the rest of the power set - Ice powers are all about stacking damage, so an IceBlast/FireSnake/SnowStorm/Avalanche combo is going to be about a 25%-30% debuff and 2k dmg per tick....
  • Options
    ladylunamoonladylunamoon Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    (don't know how to put this text in red for bug report)

BUG: Fedora Zoot is missing from hats list. When I went to the tailor to check out new outfits my hat disappears and I checked the list looking at the hats I can't find Fedora Zoot (thought it might been renamed or something) Below is a picture of the hat that is missing.

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    >ice barrier counts as a active defense

Hurrah for taking the single most powerful shatter detonation attack and making it an AD..... please tell me you're at least going to remove the energy cost from the power and slightly buff the shatter damage from ice objects [it ranges from 300-500 per object detonating, that's... not that much]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Suggestion: if ice burst is an active defense, it should be 0 energy cost and usable when held.

This is absolutely true.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Doesn't work with INT.

Is this power just something to give DEX a scaling version of concentration? I would have loved something more ice based like gaining stacks when you apply chill or something but okay I suppose I understand it's reasoning.

"Your FROSTY ENERGY WHEE gives 16 Energy to you." Haha that name though. xD
    When I removed INT mods, the percentage went down from 8.3% to 7%.

So unless it is reacting to Cooldown reduction or cost discount or PRE...I'd say it's INT.

Of course its not scaling with int, if you read the tooltip it says it scales with ego and dex.

If you read the advanced description you'll find something very different.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @avianos

Icy Embrace is the new energy unlock for Ice.

95e.gif

FINALLY! My Ice Shaman will get his Theme Energy Unlock, Screw Overdrive and MSA (ps, please fix overdrive)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Suggestions:

Remove the energy drain from Ice Barrier, as it is now an Active Defensive and should not cost any energy.

Remove the HP component of Ice Barrier, have it scale on duration instead of HP. Current duration at rank 3 is around 30 seconds or so.

--

Secondary Suggestion:

Create a copy of Chilled Form power, call it Energy Form and have it scale with END or REC whichever is higher :wink:
  • Options
    Bug:
    The Ice Spear animation and VFX play for whatever attack power is used immediately after Ice Spear. The second power's damage and effects are normal, but it looks like your hero uses Ice Spear twice in a row.

Suggestion:
    Please make the winter holiday stocking stuffers available in lots of 50 on PTS. Otherwise, it is very, very hard to test things that require 500 of each item.

CONFIRMED: The Grandfather Winter items do scale when leveling. Yay!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It'd be great if we could get the dragon bracers added back. That's currently the only costume bit from the crafted stuff that I don't own.

Is the winter currency from the toy drive, or did they add another currency, ala the Nighthawk event?

Edit: Loving the concept for the new AT. When are we getting the costume for it. Any chance we could submit one?
  • Options
    Because I haven't said this already.

Icicle Spear is BEAUTIFUL & effective. THANK YOU!

These screenies don't do it justice, you really have to use the power.

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    (don't know how to put this text in red for bug report)

BUG: Fedora Zoot is missing from hats list. When I went to the tailor to check out new outfits my hat disappears and I checked the list looking at the hats I can't find Fedora Zoot (thought it might been renamed or something) Below is a picture of the hat that is missing.

PTS does not respect costume parts or sets you have purchased on live, unless you have also unlocked them on pts.

Pretty sure Fedora Zoot is something unlocked by gameplay not a default costume. As long as you don't edit your costume on PTS it will show it, however as soon as you enter the tailor to edit something it checks what you have unlocked on pts and remove any costume parts that are ineligible.​​
  • Options
    I will also add for the subject of the lost Dragon Bracers
    Because I haven't said this already.

Icicle Spear is BEAUTIFUL & effective. THANK YOU!

These screenies don't do it justice, you really have to use the power.

Gorgeous!​​
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Suggestion: Remove Binding on Q Store Permanent Transmogrification devices. None of the new or existing Becomes from the Q store Bind to character or account, Transmogrification devices are of same cost as the existing winter becomes yet are only a cosmetic item. If they are to remain bind to character on equip 200,000 Q is far too expensive, at current typical cost for a crate of questionite that is a minimum of 1K G if you got 50K per box.

Suggestion: Change Permanent Transmogrification device recharge to 4.9 seconds. Other becomes have a standard 4.9s recharge, yet Transmogrification (as noted above a purely cosmetic device) has 58s recharge.​​
  • Options

If you read the advanced description you'll find something very different.

Than one of them is wrong or something.
  • Options
    soulforger wrote: »
    The hard frost change will hurt ice dps toons rather hard. But, it was causing people to take it over R3 since it was a better dps buff overall. Also, will we have to level up The Chiller to unlock the new ice powers?

Would it be possible to have the Toy Drive Pack give 10 of each item instead of only 5? As it stands, it requires to much drifter salvage to unlock one costume piece compared to previous events.

Also, Make the christmas items stack above 50.

unless hard frost is on Ice storm or avalanche, it won't harm my ice ones.​​

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Single target damage is still a bit high for ice.
    THis is with a ratation of Icicle Spear, Ice blast, Firesnake, Ice Sheat.

With these stats

Also notice the max hit, that is 19.8k + 6.2k (from the Chill bonus), getting 26k damage on one spammable attack, that you can follow up with 2 Rimfire Bursts due to the 1 point adv and Firesnake. Comparing this to the Lightning build I am usually using on Lyn, it does higher damage, better spike attacks, better control, similar (or better) survivability, worse but adequate energy management. So all in all I think Ice is a bit OP.

If the idea is sets get in-set resistance debuffs, Firesnake should probably be changed to only do a fire resistance debuff or maybe even attacks in the fire set (to limit things like SR a bit).
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2015
    Chilled form should scale off of dex or ego. Not int. If it's scaling off of int in any way that's a bug.
    Icy Embrace triggers off of chill, the tooltip has an error.
    Icicle Spear should do an additional 10% damage per chill stack.​​
  • Options
    Is it possible that in a similar manner to Thermal Reverb, Icy Embrace should stack?

Or is it meant to just be a single burst of energy?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    kaizerin said:

Icicle Spear should do an additional 10% damage per chill stack.​​

Close but not really 10%:

• Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    Does anyone else think this whole nerf Hard Frost thing is stupid? I'm all for new powers but not when it's introduced with a nerf to an old one. Cuz I don't exactly see why Ice needed another dps when one was perfectly fine. Maybe to sell the new AT.

There are better things to do for the game than this. Next thing Cryptic will just start more rounds of nerfing old powers but offering new ones that do the same thing. No thanks!
  • Options
    Does anyone know how the new powers will unlock for Gold players?
    Are they simply added to the game?
    Or do Gold players need to unlock the AT?

• Options

Does anyone know how the new powers will unlock for Gold players?
    Are they simply added to the game?
    Or do Gold players need to unlock the AT?

Unknown at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.