test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150630.12 - Ravenswood Bug Fixes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150630.12:
This build is available on PTS now, 7/21/2015.

- Changed the rarity of Ravenswood lockboxes to not trigger Need/Greed/Pass pop-ups during team-play.
- Adjusted the weapon fire points for hovercar weapons so they appear correctly.

Known Issues
These will likely be fixed next week:
- Multiple Perpetrator Incapacitation Devices do not have a shared cooldown.
- The Perpetrator Incapacitation Device stuns supervillains (without using the Manipulator).
- Hovercar icons break the image bounding box on the item modification window.

These may be addressed the following week:
- Color Bleeding of colors 2 and 3 on several pieces.
- Hovercars pitch forward when moving forward.
- Ravenswood Headgear clips into some shoulder pads.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    I don't really like that "if at all" clause...

The color bleed is a major issue - if it isnt going to be addressed why bother creating a piece which uses 4 colors in the first place.

Also over on sto I see them constantly tweaking costumes even where they clip with other sets let alone with themselves. Surely the same standard of care should be applied here where costuming is a far greater part (and arguably one of the greatest draws the game has remaining to it) at least within a set itself.
    ​​
  • Options
    seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    eiledon wrote: »

The color bleed is a major issue - if it isnt going to be addressed why bother creating a piece which uses 4 colors in the first place.

Also over on sto I see them constantly tweaking costumes even where they clip with other sets let alone with themselves. Surely the same standard of care should be applied here where costuming is a far greater part (and arguably one of the greatest draws the game has remaining to it) at least within a set itself.
    ​​

I agree with all of this.

"It's broke, and the broken part is a component of what is one of the major draws of the game.... but we may just decide not to fix it" is not encouraging.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    Are the Ravenswood leg accessories going to be fixed so they no longer clip when the male body mass slider is used? This is a major flaw.​​
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hope the color bleed gets fixed.
    Post edited by itsbrou#5396 on
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    Are the Ravenswood leg accessories going to be fixed so they no longer clip when the male body mass slider is used? This is a major flaw.

The Foot Accesory too! They scales really bad on Males due to the body mass slider, causing it to be a Bulky ugly mess
    while it works for females without problem

​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

​​

Hear, hear!

"if at all" is a terrible thing to say regarding fixes to known issues. It's unprofessional and rather insulting to the playerbase.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    864619.jpg

This pretty much says it all...
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    maleb666 wrote: »
    864619.jpg

I'm still waiting myself.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I must concur with other posts:

Costume piece bugs must, must, must be fixed. It comprises most of the new material the game gets.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback. We're still digging into the color bleeding issue to see what's causing it, but we don't have a timeline on when we can get the fix to players. Fixing this is not as simple as fixing costume clipping, but we do plan to address it. I adjusted some of the language in the original post accordingly.

I'll look into the clipping on the male Ravenswood leg pieces.

Stay positive!
  • Options
    soulforger wrote: »
    864619.jpg

C'mon dudes. At this point, we all know that we're not getting that character slot. It doesn't affect a big enough segment of the player base for Cryptic to care.
  • Options
    seeker1235 wrote: »
    864619.jpg

C'mon dudes. At this point, we all know that we're not getting that character slot. It doesn't affect a big enough segment of the player base for Cryptic to care.

We've looked into the reports of this but could never reproduce it internally. It's not that we don't care, it's that we don't have enough details to know what's causing the reports. Sometimes widespread issues are fixed faster because they're more impactful, but it's often because they're easier to diagnose.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    At this point Gad it is mostly on principal that people are still asking - for most of those I have spoken to who are affected they have plenty of character slots available however this is a bonus that was supposed to be for everyone and we as subscribers and LTS who have also in the past purchased character slots are feeling somewhat let down by the lack of communication (see a pattern here!) on the subject and thus lack of apparent movement towards a resolution - if the issue cannot be replicated internally is there no method by which a slot can be allocated to affected accounts?

On a brighter note thanks for clarifying the earlier wording. Please do not let these issues slide off the radar or they will further affect customer perception of the company's attitude to Champions Online in a negative fashion.
    ​​
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback. We're still digging into the color bleeding issue to see what's causing it, but we don't have a timeline on when we can get the fix to players. Fixing this is not as simple as fixing costume clipping, but we do plan to address it. I adjusted some of the language in the original post accordingly.

I'll look into the clipping on the male Ravenswood leg pieces.

Stay positive!

Lady Gadfly, the fact that you read and respond to these posts is actually very positive.
    :smiley:

Thanks a bunch!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    At this point Gad it is mostly on principal that people are still asking - for most of those I have spoken to who are affected they have plenty of character slots available however this is a bonus that was supposed to be for everyone and we as subscribers and LTS who have also in the past purchased character slots are feeling somewhat let down by the lack of communication (see a pattern here!) on the subject and thus lack of apparent movement towards a resolution - if the issue cannot be replicated internally is there no method by which a slot can be allocated to affected accounts?

On a brighter note thanks for clarifying the earlier wording. Please do not let these issues slide off the radar or they will further affect customer perception of the company's attitude to Champions Online in a negative fashion.

I got the free character slot, I am an LTS, have gotten free slots from hitting level 40 and such, as well as additional things free such as costume slots. The free character slot was only for that day, and if I recall you needed to check under bonus tab, is where I believe it was. It's generally where I found all my free stuff.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I got the free character slot, I am an LTS, have gotten free slots from hitting level 40 and such, as well as additional things free such as costume slots. The free character slot was only for that day, and if I recall you needed to check under bonus tab, is where I believe it was. It's generally where I found all my free stuff.​​

The problem is for those that bought so many character slots that they can't buy anymore, it seems. For thats why I think it prevented me from getting the character slot. We looked under the tab, but it said "Cannot Purchase". Or something like that. I talked with some people that had this effected and it seemed the common cause was that we bought all the character slots via the normal character slots (not the expensive freeform slot, but the normal character slots).

In fact, that might be why they can't replicate it and thus treat it, none of the devs have maxed out the number of character slots they can buy I bet.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    How about the Extra Life scam? That is how much I trust CO.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    It's nice to some more bug fixes, I appreciate it a lot. The communication from the devs we're seeing lately does a lot to make me feel better about CO's future, keep up the good work!
  • Options
    I got the free character slot, I am an LTS, have gotten free slots from hitting level 40 and such, as well as additional things free such as costume slots. The free character slot was only for that day, and if I recall you needed to check under bonus tab, is where I believe it was. It's generally where I found all my free stuff.

The problem is for those that bought so many character slots that they can't buy anymore, it seems. For thats why I think it prevented me from getting the character slot. We looked under the tab, but it said "Cannot Purchase". Or something like that. I talked with some people that had this effected and it seemed the common cause was that we bought all the character slots via the normal character slots (not the expensive freeform slot, but the normal character slots).

In fact, that might be why they can't replicate it and thus treat it, none of the devs have maxed out the number of character slots they can buy I bet.

So, let me get this straight. You are at the maximum potential character ap on the server, and you are upset, that you couldn't get that extra character despite that it would take you over said limitations and the cap of the server? Maybe I find it a bit silly, seeing as I don't know the potential cap of the server, but if you have that many characters, why in the blue bloody hell are you getting up in arms over that you didn't get the free one?​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    So, let me get this straight. You are at the maximum potential character ap on the server, and you are upset, that you couldn't get that extra character despite that it would take you over said limitations and the cap of the server? Maybe I find it a bit silly, seeing as I don't know the potential cap of the server, but if you have that many characters, why in the blue bloody hell are you getting up in arms over that you didn't get the free one?​​

You misread what I said, I said I'm at the cap of BOUGHT character slots, not the server maximum. Seems the max of bought character slots is 65 or so character slots. But no one has hit the server maximum of character slots yet.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    Speaking for myself here... I didn't get the cap of bought slots, I bought 9 FF slots and some regular AT slots when I started playing as Silver, in 2011...

And yeah, now I'm Gold, have a bunch of open slots and blablabla... The thing is, it was said "free slot for everyone", and they didn't deliver. This is why we're having issues with, not the fact that "oh, you guys are complaining with a belly full of crap and want more"... Nope, it's just the principle of the thing. No one should be left out of a promotion, no matter how much you already have. But then, again...
    ealford1985 wrote:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking for myself here... I didn't get the cap of bought slots, I bought 9 FF slots and some regular AT slots when I started playing as Silver, in 2011...

And yeah, now I'm Gold, have a bunch of open slots and blablabla... The thing is, it was said "free slot for everyone", and they didn't deliver. This is why we're having issues with, not the fact that "oh, you guys are complaining with a belly full of crap and want more"... Nope, it's just the principle of the thing. No one should be left out of a promotion, no matter how much you already have. But then, again...
    ealford1985 wrote:

Since anything about the extra life isn't listed on the page I read for CO, I am still debating that one, but anyways. As it stands, the extra character slot still seems to be a bugger thing to be pissy, especially when you already have 65 other character slots. If you have filled them hurrah for you. And no, it's not a guarantee it's called common sense. If you have the maximum you can get, then what makes you think that a free slot will allow you to exceed that?​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Since anything about the extra life isn't listed on the page I read for CO, I am still debating that one, but anyways. As it stands, the extra character slot still seems to be a bugger thing to be pissy, especially when you already have 65 other character slots. If you have filled them hurrah for you. And no, it's not a guarantee it's called common sense. If you have the maximum you can get, then what makes you think that a free slot will allow you to exceed that?​​

Again, you misread, I'm not at the maximum number of obtainable character slots, only buyable character slots. I have over 90 characters, and yet that number pales in comparison to someone with over 170 characters. I want you to realize that no one has reached the maximum number of allowed character slots. So by default EVERYONE should be able to get the free character slots.

In fact, after some testing on the pts, it seems the maximum number of allowed character slots is 185. I have only 90 something toons. Far shy of that 185. So even I should have gotten that free character slot.
    Post edited by soulforger on
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I got it on my silver acct, and one of the other two, the other one didn't. so not a problem, the important one got it.

The ghost colour on the ravens looks funny, light brown gives you a KFC drumstick.

was wondering about the lack of shared cooldown. It does work well, I still forget I have it most of the time​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2015
    @soulforger - mal didnt write what is in your quote - that was wolf. you might want to edit that.

But like you I only ever bought 6 or 8 character slots - the rest of mine come from my LTS sub or levelling to 40. So far far short of the purchased slot limit. I have 55 level 40s, another 10 or 15 sub 40 characters and about the same again in empty slots. I have no trouble recieving additional character slots when I level to 40 yet I was unable to claim the promo slot that was intended for everyone. I know to check the bonus tab. I know it says I cannot claim the promo slot. It's a sad state of affairs when someone could create an account, not drop a dime on the game and instantly get the free promo slot yet people who have supported the game financially over years cannot.

Btw we have a player on the Altaholics thread with 200+ characters I am not sure what your 185 is referring to. Is it purchased slots or earned slots or total?

It seems that tieing the promo slot into a cstore claim is the issue, if it had been a perk reward (essentially like the vet rewards) I am sure people would have been able to claim it without issue. I guess however it was easier to add it to cstore than create a new account wide log in perk for the period in question.

Edit: Oh championshewolf and the free promo slot wasn't just for a day - the offer is still ongoing and will be till Jul 31st. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9416233-champions-online:-free-character-slot-and-character-slot-sale!

"Hey Champions! On top of our boost sale, we also have a special surprise for those looking to build their pool of characters. From now until July 31, to alongside the new Ravenswood Tutorial, we're giving everyone a free character slot! We'll also be running a sale on character slots this week to celebrate the new tutorial launch!"
    ​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    At this point it would seem to make sense to give those people who can't redeem another slot - something else in compensation. Maybe a free retcon or something else rare enough to make them happy. None of us really knows whats going on - but if it is a slot limitation there may not be much the devs could do, that wouldn't involve spending a lot of staff hours for this issue. Which may be a luxury they don't have. At least that's my guess.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    864619.jpg

We've looked into the reports of this but could never reproduce it internally. It's not that we don't care, it's that we don't have enough details to know what's causing the reports. Sometimes widespread issues are fixed faster because they're more impactful, but it's often because they're easier to diagnose.
    864619.jpg

As others have pointed out (numerous times, in this thread and others), it's pretty clearly tied to an old bug that prevents players from continuing to purchase character slots.

A few years back, a bug got introduced that people stopped being able to buy new character slots after they hit a certain number - some folks (such as I) were past the limit when it got introduced. These players, and new ones that hit the limit, are still able to acquire new character slots by hitting 40 on a character, so it's not that they're hitting some hard coded limit on the number of character slots an account can have. Also, given how little space on a server a character takes compared to the relative cost of buying new slots with zen, it seems really unlikely that Cryptic intentionally instituted this limit at the time - there's no practical upper limit where folks buying character slots becomes so burdensome on their systems that selling them to players becomes unprofitable.

Honestly, this claim of being unable to replicate it - when the playerbase has been able to do so - comes off as insincere. It seems more like an attempt to avoid admitting there's an old bug causing a problem with this promo offer that the current dev team has neither the time nor the resources to fix. Which is fine and all, but it'd be nice if some form of compensation or even just an apology was offered to players that are unable to claim the character slot as a result.
  • Options

Btw we have a player on the Altaholics thread with 200+ characters I am not sure what your 185 is referring to. Is it purchased slots or earned slots or total?

On the pts I can't get more than 185 characters, so yeah, pts has smaller cap than live.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I would think that the issue is that the free slot is "purchased" for 0 Zen - but it seems like that would mean it would count against this cap of purchased slots. So if you've already bought as many slots from the C-Store as it allows, the system might just not have the capability to allow for this extra "purchase".

Of course, I could be completely off base here, as I was unable to reproduce this either...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    I would think that the issue is that the free slot is "purchased" for 0 Zen - but it seems like that would mean it would count against this cap of purchased slots. So if you've already bought as many slots from the C-Store as it allows, the system might just not have the capability to allow for this extra "purchase".

Of course, I could be completely off base here, as I was unable to reproduce this either...

unless the cstore only allows you to buy 8 slots jon.. I think it is related to the cap but I am unsure how it is determining the cap on purchased slots has been reached
    ​​
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    There are Cryptic Staff (ones relocated to STO and/or NWO) who are aware of the purchase limit set to Character slots in relation to the store. This limit put in intentionally for classified reasons. They will know about the bugs involved in preventing players from accepting free slots. This specific one that makes the character slot purchase cap entirely random. It wasn't resolved because it "[wasn't] that big of a problem". (The business practice of not accepting player money is an entirely different issue.)

Another solution is not copying the character slot purchase code in the store to make a free version that isn't tied to that character slot limit.

Yet another solution is from now on make these sorts of things available as an unlock item in game that players can collect from a vendor.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    It's a sad state of affairs when someone could create an account, not drop a dime on the game and instantly get the free promo slot yet people who have supported the game financially over years cannot. ​​

Oh no! Some disgusting new person can make THREE free archetypes instead of two! That's horrible!

Not getting your 57th free slot sucks, but hardly matters. All that free stuff you get and yet it will never be good enough...
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    all that free stuff i paid for.. yeah.. i am a real *self censored bad word*​​
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    You don't pay for free stuff. It's either free or not.

was kinda my point..I forget sarcasm doesnt really come across well.
    ​​
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Cryptic isn't slighting you, they're trying to get people to play. People like free stuff. Being unhappy that you don't get this free slot is understandable. Being a nob over it is not.

If I buy an FF slot as a silver player, I get nothing for free. LTSs get a whole bunch of FF slots for free well outside what was initially bought. Even renters get a bunch of slots for free with their purchase. Very few would rent / lts if they didn't get a bunch of free stuff.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    sterga wrote: »
    Cryptic isn't slighting you, they're trying to get people to play. People like free stuff. Being unhappy that you don't get this free slot is understandable. Being a nob over it is not.

If I buy an FF slot as a silver player, I get nothing for free. LTSs get a whole bunch of FF slots for free well outside what was initially bought. Even renters get a bunch of slots for free with their purchase. Very few would rent / lts if they didn't get a bunch of free stuff.

Given that you are giving someone money for all the things you receive from subscribing (lifetime or not), literally none of that is free, by definition.

Or do you think you give a car dealership 20 grand they give you a free car?

Your whole "You shouldn't be complaining about not getting something for free (that everyone else is) because you're already getting so many things for "free" (even though you literally paid for them)!" line of reasoning seems flawed.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Look at it this way, your office holds a party and everyone gets cake except you, there's lots of cake, the office manager doesn't know why you can't get cake, the interns are getting cake, but despite going to the conference room repeatedly they tell you that you can't have any. You didn't pay for the cake, there's lots of cake in the cafeteria, but you just want a slice that everyone else is getting. I don't think it's a big deal, I'm happy silver players are getting their free character slots, but I would like mine as well. I level toons a lot, but not so much for the game itself, but rather to get my new character slot when my toons hit level 40 so I can make more toons. Getting a free slot now is the estimated 16 hours it takes to level a toon that I don't need to put in. Is it too much to ask to have some cake like everyone else? Or is the cake a lie?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    It's a sad state of affairs when someone could create an account, not drop a dime on the game and instantly get the free promo slot yet people who have supported the game financially over years cannot. ​​

Oh no! Some disgusting new person can make THREE free archetypes instead of two! That's horrible!

Not getting your 57th free slot sucks, but hardly matters. All that free stuff you get and yet it will never be good enough...

Hardly matters?

There are a lot of people in this game that like having lots of characters. It's a big draw for many of us. Yeah, we can get a free slot by hitting level 40 still, but it's obvious that many of us like to create more characters than we can keep up with by simply leveling another character to 40. That's why a lot of us bought character slots. We bought so many, we couldn't buy any more.

I get it that this is a throwaway issue for people who just hang around on their one main character most of the time, but for those of us who like to have dozens of characters, this does indeed suck.

Also I think you might be getting a little defensive with the scenario Eiledon posted there. It's not about disparaging "disgusting" free players. It's about people like us who have supported the game with real money being locked out of a nice freebie because we spent a lot of money.

I really don't think this is an issue that should be diminished at all.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    In my opinion, the free slot should have been made tradable (not for resources) so that those who are not interested in receiving it (such as myself) can give it to someone else. I will not redeem the free character slot simply because it is not free form. I am a subscriber and since I have access to free form by default, I am not interested in a regular character slot. It makes me wonder why the devs did not give the free slot according to account type. I would have also liked to have a choice of free goods that are close or equal to the value of the character slot, such as a free base, costume, power, or just gift me the zen value of the character slot if I cannot/will not choose a suitable alternative. It would have been easier to just gift the entire player base an extra 500 zen with the Ravenswood Tutorial/Lockbox launches.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Kyastral, if you're Gold, you can make a FF character. It's a character slot. If you're looking for a free Freeform-specific slot that works even for Silvers, you might want to look again at the price Cryptic's been able to command for that, and ask yourself seriously if they're going to be giving that much away to every single customer.

Or were you actually under the impression that even Golds could only fill that slot with an AT?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It seems PTS login doesn't work since yesterday, it's stuck at "connecting to login server" with a timeout to the login screen. The same is happening to at least two other people I know of that tried to log in.

Hope this doesn't get lost in all the off topic posts.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    aiqa wrote: »
    It seems PTS login doesn't work since yesterday, it's stuck at "connecting to login server" with a timeout to the login screen. The same is happening to at least two other people I know of that tried to log in.

Hope this doesn't get lost in all the off topic posts.

I can confirm this. To bad nothing will be done till monday. Also, I noticed the pts was up at patch .13 instead of lives .12. And we only have patch notes for .12 as the latest. So chances are they forgot to turn the pts on after patching it.
  • Options
    I would guess some conflict with whatever they were adding so they have disabled pts until they sort it out. Sometimes new stuff breaks old stuff - as we have seen. better it be caught on pts rather than live ;D​​
  • Options
    saleen5saleen5 Posts: 33 Arc User
    Be nice if there was an estimated time it may be fixed. I really needed to get on there right now.
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    On color bleeding: Are you absolutely, positively sure that the artist is using pure "R, G, B, Black" for the color channels on the textures? Even a tiiiiiny~ bit of offness to any of the channels will result in the color control overlapping.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    On color bleeding: Are you absolutely, positively sure that the artist is using pure "R, G, B, Black" for the color channels on the textures? Even a tiiiiiny~ bit of offness to any of the channels will result in the color control overlapping.

This sounds like a good place to look.​​
  • Options
    PTS is still down.
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    I wonder if it's down so they can use it to run internal tests on whatever new content they've got coming.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    PTS just patched again. This time to .16
    And still no patch notes for it.
    But we can now get on.
This discussion has been closed.