test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150630.5 Raven Lock Box Bonus Item & Bug Fixes

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Its%20a%20stiff.png

The only reason it's still standing is because it's nailed down.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Posts: 94 Arc User
    lol well i wont be opening any more boxes in case i get a vehicle, its like a red rage to a bull to goldsellers/hackers that that acount has spent money and may buy more or be a viable target. if i cant hide the fact i spend money in game im not going to do it and risk what i do have on account already. champs was only one of 3 that i still opened them on, i dont give a rats nethers if i see other ppls chat/notifications i can ignore it, i cant ignore someone targeting my acount because it got publicly flaged as not entirely f2p.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Agreed. Well, I do wonder...what has gone LIVE today?

Bug fixes to NPC powers? Nothing? Server restart?(unlikely since something patched in...)

Server isn't up for me. Not sure what you're talking about.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    Server isn't up for me. Not sure what you're talking about.

The server doesn't have to be up to see there was a patch. Just open the launcher and log on....you will see a patch being downloaded.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    ladygadfly wrote:
    The lockbox is not going live tomorrow, the timewarp event will remain active for through next week.
    BUG: Ravenswood lockboxes are dropping from enemy kills on Live.

The box appears abnormally large, its tooltip is missing some graphics, and it looks like a Clockwork box in the inventory. Players are reporting that, upon opening, it gives Foxbat box loot and does not count toward the Bonus Stamp.

I'm assuming this is all a mistake.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    So chuold someone expline to me why the Lockbox is in LIVE?, as an reward for the Red Winter Alert?
    Psi.
    The raven that sits on your shoulder seems a bit too basic to me. was it maybe rushed because the lockbox bonus item was forgotten until now? It really needs to be changed...redesigned, smartened up and the colours fixed.

At the moment it looks like this.....
    screenshot_2015-07-09-17-46-00.jpg

This is not up to par in any way to the other two lockbox bonus items we received. It just looks bad.

What we really need is a Raven that looks more like this (for example)...
    raven20mmo.jpg

What I mean by this is put some features and texturing on it...I'm not asking you to make an exact copy of this.

Oh...it needs animation too. At the very least it's head needs to move left to right and back again.

zrdRBy8.png
    Notes on current lockbox mistaken release:

* Ravenswood lockboxes are dropping, but they are giving Foxbat v. Defender loot

* Opening a Ravenswood lockbox does NOT count for the lockbox stamp reward

* Ravenswood lockboxes are double the size of other boxes, and super sparkly/glowy

* Ravenswood lockboxes use the same icon as Project Clockwork boxes

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    ladygadfly wrote:
    The lockbox is not going live tomorrow, the timewarp event will remain active for through next week.

The box appears abnormally large, its tooltip is missing some graphics, and it looks like a Clockwork box in the inventory. Players are reporting that, upon opening, it gives Foxbat box loot and does not count toward the Bonus Stamp.

You assume correctly. We had a slight hiccup with our event server this morning that we have since resolved.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    You assume correctly. We had a slight hiccup with our event server this morning that we have since resolved.

Thank you for the quick reply and resolution.

I blame Foxbat.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    The lockbox bonus reward is disappointing at best. I'm not going to bother opening any of the next three lockboxes until I see the bonus reward announced. The first bonus lockbox reward was good, the second was acceptable by comparison, this raven is just horrible. It's one piece, it's got almost no options, it ties into the ravenwood theme leaving me to think this was originally part of the costume set but was repurposed when designers realized that they'd forgotten about the lockbox bonus.

You had months to work on the bonus, with the first set we knew well before the last lock box what we'd be getting as a bonus, but had I known the wings/jetpack would be the reward with the last series I wouldn't have bought into any of those lockboxes, and if I'd known that a single costume piece, and a non-animated, non moving, cast off at that would be my reward for this series, I'd never have opened any of them either.

I'd have thought that the bonus reward was meant to be incentive, you open stuff from each of the 3 in the series and you at least get something neat, but it's pretty obvious that the time and effort put into this reward doesn't even remotely reflect the cost of buying three keys and dealing with disappointed and regret three times. If you're looking to turn people completely off lockboxes then I think you're on a winning strategy: Give poor rewards for opening them, give poor bonus rewards for opening three, and announce to everyone if you do manage to get something good.
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer

Thank you for the quick reply and resolution.

I blame Foxbat.

Me too. He's the worst.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Should it be time for 'Dr. Newbton' like AF for everyone?
    220?cb=20100408042130

​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    The only reason it's still standing is because it's nailed down.
    Well, of course it's nailed down! If we hadn't nailed it to the perch, it'd muscle up to those bars, bend 'em apart with its beak, and -- VOOOM!!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    SO, I have to ask. What happens to a player like myself that went in game and opened the broken box? Am i just out of luck on wasting the key? Will the bonus be applied anyway?

ladygadfly wrote:

Chuold you answer my qeastion I ASKED you please?, In-case you missed it:

So LadyGlad, care to explain me this?: Your feedback is valuable and we have already proven that we listen to it.

Where is the proof?, I don't see an choice or the call-outs beening removed, if you give us the choice to remove it by player choice or get rid of it all together period, THAT is proof you listen to it, go on now, replie back to me and tell me excaly what you think.
    Psi.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    cryneting wrote: »

So LadyGlad, care to explain me this?: Your feedback is valuable and we have already proven that we listen to it.

Where is the proof?, I don't see an choice or the call-outs beening removed, if you give us the choice to remove it by player choice or get rid of it all together period, THAT is proof you listen to it, go on now, replie back to me and tell me excaly what you think.

When posting, please, for the love of everything, check that your spelling is on point. You may be taken more seriously.

This question has already been answered and you have active proof of them listening to feedback. Look at what players have said in previous iterations of the PTS and then view the changes.

If they were not listening to player feedback then Gravity Driver would likely be going to LIVE as 300% damage resistance. The drop rate for Gravity Driver has also been increased as per player feedback and testing.

The developers have also stated that whilst they do listen to player feedback the decisions they make will not always be to everyone's liking.

In regards to the call outs. They are limited to vehicles according to what we have last been told and if players try to find you using the search function you can always /hide yourself (I believe this works). Granted, it does not SOLVE the issue that we cannot turn them off, but I believe this is either an oversight or intentional.

At the very least it is proof they are paying attention to CO, since the other games have it.
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    Having issues with the PTS, constant SNR starting less than 30s after entering the game. 3 in a row, before posting this. As well as Chat is offline notifications.

Not sure if it's just me or if others are having the issues as well.
    Having issues with the PTS, constant SNR starting less than 30s after entering the game. 3 in a row, before posting this. As well as Chat is offline notifications.

Not sure if it's just me or if others are having the issues as well.

It's happening in live too.

zrdRBy8.png
    It's on Live also.
    I'll bet all the games are affected.​​
    edited July 2015
    cryneting wrote: »

When posting, please, for the love of everything, check that your spelling is on point. You may be taken more seriously.

This question has already been answered and you have active proof of them listening to feedback. Look at what players have said in previous iterations of the PTS and then view the changes.

If they were not listening to player feedback then Gravity Driver would likely be going to LIVE as 300% damage resistance. The drop rate for Gravity Driver has also been increased as per player feedback and testing.

The developers have also stated that whilst they do listen to player feedback the decisions they make will not always be to everyone's liking.

In regards to the call outs. They are limited to vehicles according to what we have last been told and if players try to find you using the search function you can always /hide yourself (I believe this works). Granted, it does not SOLVE the issue that we cannot turn them off, but I believe this is either an oversight or intentional.

At the very least it is proof they are paying attention to CO, since the other games have it.

Sorry, my spelling is quite bad (Like really bad), I'm lazy and don't fix them and well, I just suck at it, everyone sucks at something ^^

As for the point, you made a great one, however if they want true proof/feedback, they need to REMOVE it, I can go to DE in Warframe, report a bug or a issue and its fixed/changed within seconds if enough players report it
    Psi.
  • berkamberkam Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Bug: Bird people costume pieces gone for females.
    Where it happens: Live and PTS tailors.
    Kinda annoying to get veteran rewards vanishing into oblivion. :/
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Bug: Raven shoulderpad has bleedthrough from the fourth color and into the fourth. Specifically, the eye color effects shading on the bill. I assume that this is a mistake.

I do love the raven shoulderpiece. I do wish that it had some animations, or failing that eye glow. A bird companion with piercing red eyes would be quite fun.

So...how are we supposed to test the blaster?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    1. thank you to whoever finally managed to stop the veteran costumes turning up on each new character- druid and two others.

new drop rate
    first 100
    2 ravenswood costumes
    0 cars either colour****

3 weapon skins
    9 driver powers
    o legion****

8 mercenery
    17 rare mods
    10 veh mods

9 salvage
    13 Q crate
    29 mod

2nd 100

2 costumes
    0 cars either colour****

0 weapon skins
    6 powers
    0 legions****

6 mercenary
    14 rare mods
    8 vehicle mods

8 salvage
    18 Q crate
    38 mods

3rd 100
    which would be easier if you could discard the card and power tokens
    2 costumes
    0 vehicles either colour****

3 weapon skins
    11 driver power
    0 legion****

7 mercenary
    12 rare mod
    6 vehicle mods

12 salvage
    12 Q crate
    33 mods

ok, is someone hording he vehicles and legion gear?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    Please don't add those admin messages for lockbox drops, or at the very least make it an option to disable them. Those obnoxious things are one of the major reasons I stopped playing NWO an STO. They are just obnoxious and are the worst kind of advertisement. NOBODY likes those messages! I repeat: NOBODY! And the fact they can't be turned off by any means enrages me.
    guyhumual wrote: »
    The lockbox bonus reward is disappointing at best . . . It's one piece, it's got almost no options, it ties into the ravenwood theme leaving me to think this was originally part of the costume set . . .

I really must concur. It is barely an award, and since it is a shoulder pad piece, it can't be used if you are using the Ravenswood shoulder pads.

Also, sticking what amounts to a dead, stuffed bird on a shoulder just isn't appealing.

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Hell if they were struggling for something to give as lockbox bonus this time around, I would have settled for re-release of the Scarlet Shield tights we momentarily got a few months back (so long as they added a few more color channels to it - without the color bleed that seems to be a common issue with new sets since move back to los gatos)​​
  • seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    You had months to work on the bonus, with the first set we knew well before the last lock box what we'd be getting as a bonus, but had I known the wings/jetpack would be the reward with the last series I wouldn't have bought into any of those lockboxes,

Woah, dude, seriously? I love the jetwings jetpack/wings/combo costume pieces. They're quality costume pieces, IMO. Way more impressive than the alien skin tights and mask, IMO.

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Keep it on the current pts topic, please.
    1000 Boxes
    96 Drifter salvage
    100 Crate of Questionite
    1 Flaming Hovercar
    4 Flaming Pink Hovercar
    65 Gravity Driver
    23 Legion's Armor Pack
    82 Mercenary's Armor Pack
    317 Modification Supply Case
    151 Rare Modification Case
    20 Ravenswood Academy Costume
    38 Ravenswood Blaster Weapon Skin
    103 Vehicle Modification Case​​

Well only 5 callouts in 1000 boxes. How long does it take real players to open a 1000 boxes?

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Keep it on the current pts topic, please.
    1000 Boxes
    96 Drifter salvage
    100 Crate of Questionite
    1 Flaming Hovercar
    4 Flaming Pink Hovercar
    65 Gravity Driver
    23 Legion's Armor Pack
    82 Mercenary's Armor Pack
    317 Modification Supply Case
    151 Rare Modification Case
    20 Ravenswood Academy Costume
    38 Ravenswood Blaster Weapon Skin
    103 Vehicle Modification Case​​

Well only 5 callouts in 1000 boxes. How long does it take real players to open a 1000 boxes?

Never. No player opens that many of a single lockbox.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User

Less than a minute or so if we're going by neverwinter's lockbox opening macro/timing exploit attempts, as a base measurement.

Watching all this from a distance... My interest in participation with CO has plummeted well below any point it had previously gotten down to because of the current series of decisions being made.

Snark never dies.
    The lockbox bonus reward is disappointing at best . . . It's one piece, it's got almost no options, it ties into the ravenwood theme leaving me to think this was originally part of the costume set . . .

I really must concur. It is barely an award, and since it is a shoulder pad piece, it can't be used if you are using the Ravenswood shoulder pads.

Also, sticking what amounts to a dead, stuffed bird on a shoulder just isn't appealing.
    it%20has%20ceased%20to%20be.png
    zrdRBy8.png
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    seeker1235 wrote: »
    You had months to work on the bonus, with the first set we knew well before the last lock box what we'd be getting as a bonus, but had I known the wings/jetpack would be the reward with the last series I wouldn't have bought into any of those lockboxes,

Woah, dude, seriously? I love the jetwings jetpack/wings/combo costume pieces. They're quality costume pieces, IMO. Way more impressive than the alien skin tights and mask, IMO.
    I can understand that, but I already had robot wings, two sets actually, and seeing as I hadn't used those first two the third wasn't much use to me. Mind you there were a lot of options to that piece, so that's a big plus, but it wasn't something I needed or wanted so had I known ahead of time I wouldn't have bothered unlocking it.

The thing I liked about that first set is that it's three pieces, I've used the mask a couple times and the skin once, but I rarely use backpacks or capes or jetpacks so I suppose I was predisposed to disliking the jet/wing piece. In retrospect I thought it was pretty good but at the time I wasn't pleased.

Three pieces doesn't seem like much, one piece with a lot of options is pretty cool, but one costume piece, bare bones options, this is the worst series bonus yet.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Ahem there is still a problem about a power being in the Lock box. Remove it from the lock box and call it good make us farm it through mission's or something or give us another way to get it. Remove it from the lock box. Because remove it from the box. Because there is no need to put a power in there.
    If the bird is going to be it - could you do it so we can at least choose different beak styles - rescale the options from the Bird People Head (lots of different beak options) and use those.

That way if people wanted it could be a parrot - sort of ;D
    ​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Ahem there is still a problem about a power being in the Lock box. Remove it from the lock box and call it good make us farm it through mission's or something or give us another way to get it. Remove it from the lock box. Because remove it from the box. Because there is no need to put a power in there.
    You're fighting the good fight, but unlike the raven shoulder mount, that bird has flown.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    hmm, having just seen the picture on the lockbox preview thread, of the shoulder mounted ravens.

Did that student lose a bet?
    They look like someones failed sculpture.

Maybe give them little glowing eyes that shoot lasers or turn round and wink at people.At the very least , give a trail of the standard side effect of having a bird on your shoulder.

Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Never. No player opens that many of a single lockbox.
    Well I was thinking more along the lines of hundreds of players opening them.
    If there are on average about 200 or so players in RenCen, how many of them are opening boxes per...second?
    How many seconds between these announcements?

Less than a minute or so if we're going by neverwinter's lockbox opening macro/timing exploit attempts, as a base measurement.

Neverwinter has over six million players in China alone, Champions has maybe 6000 in the whole world.
    China all by itself is hacker game cracker central, one in every .125 Chinese is actually a bot.

Also BUG: Material/Color One of the Ravenswood Headwear doesn't apply any changes in the tailor

• thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    notyuu wrote: »
    So I take it that it's a no on the whole "making the lockbox electric laser gun device add a power icon to your powerbar" thing then....just sayin, if you made the device do that [like the cloak of infinite planes does] it would make said device roughly infinity+1% easier to use with a non standard control layout....so could you please add this to the device?

on a side note, what's with all the raven themed things? I know we got a new open world prop but still...are you prehaps hinting at something bigger?
    I'd have preferred the second set of shoulder pads be another costume unlock and Gravity Driver be the lock box set bonus reward.

Making the device show its button the hotbar would be nice too, but its a bit iffy since you can't choose where the power goes without messing up builds.

The knockback and "repel" knockback fixes are greatly appreciated.

Actually with the Cloak Icon on the Hotbar (and the cosmetic costumes provided by the full sets of Power Armor, Samurai, and Armadillo Q-Store Gear, they go to the next available slot on the Hotbar...

Also I'd love it if we could get the Blaster Device's Icon and activation cloned and linked onto the Power Tray when equipped to a Device Slot. Also if we could get a similar as an actual Power for Gadgeteering that'd be kind of awesome.

A little off topic, but I was wondering if we could get the weapon model for the Tangle Coil Launcher made available to the Particle Rifles and Assault Rifles...Because the Launcher looks like a High-Tech Assault Rifle with an underbarrel attachment and is kind of awesome looking...
    eiledon wrote: »
    Hell if they were struggling for something to give as lockbox bonus this time around, I would have settled for re-release of the Scarlet Shield tights we momentarily got a few months back (so long as they added a few more color channels to it - without the color bleed that seems to be a common issue with new sets since move back to los gatos)​​

Brilliant idea, I could totally go for this. With more colour channels those tights would be awesome.

zrdRBy8.png
    I wish we had some MORE TIGHTS!!!
    And Masks. And Gloves/Boots with existing Patterns. Like Stars and Stuff.​​
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I wish we had some MORE TIGHTS!!!
    And Masks. And Gloves/Boots with existing Patterns. Like Stars and Stuff.

Exactly what was the last set of tights that had matching boots and gloves and full or partial mask - (at least holoforce got a mask!) ?

All tights should at least have gloves and boots added to basic short and long glove and short and long boot (and variants if possible - thick sole etc)
    ​​
    edited July 2015
    I have to say that the Ravenswood Helmet looks really nice, however it clips with the neck and shoulders of the body that wears it.....
    Ravenhelm1.jpg

Ravenhelm3.jpg

Ravenhelm2.jpg

Bug: The Ravenswood helmet clips with the body
    Where it happens: Everywhere
    What happens: Already said

Suggestion: The eye colour channel on the Ravenswood Helmet should have a glow option

Suggestion: The Beak part of the Ravenswood Helmet should have it's own colour channel

zrdRBy8.png
    eiledon wrote: »
    All tights should at least have gloves and boots added to basic short and long glove and short and long boot (and variants if possible - thick sole etc)[/color]​​

This x 1000.

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2015
    Raven themed 'helmets' are winning the competition of most themed pieces.....
    ​​
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    Small Bug, not sure if new:

Shredded buff is not being refreshed rather, powers like Viper's fangs and Shred(Penetrating strikes) add to the debuff's duration. It doesn't matter which power applied shredded, you could use Shred to get the debuff then increase the duration with Viper's fangs.

I got the debuff's duration past 5mins before moving on
    The colours on a couple of colour channels on the Ravenswood Bracers are bleeding into other areas on that piece...
    Ravenbracer1.jpg

Ravenbracer2.jpg

Bug: Colour-bleed
    Where it happens: On the Ravenswood Bracers in two colour channels
    What happens: Already said

zrdRBy8.png
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Small Bug, not sure if new:

Shredded buff is not being refreshed rather, powers like Viper's fangs and Shred(Penetrating strikes) add to the debuff's duration. It doesn't matter which power applied shredded, you could use Shred to get the debuff then increase the duration with Viper's fangs.

I got the debuff's duration past 5mins before moving on

That is an awsome "feature" lol
This discussion has been closed.