test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150630.3 Ravenswood Costume & Perpetrator Incapacitation Device

13»

Comments

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if these announcements will be broadcast if you open boxes in a hideout? If they are opened in an alert/rampage is the announcement only visible there, or everywhere?
    Everywhere. Every. Where.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if these announcements will be broadcast if you open boxes in a hideout? Next they will broadcast what you get when you open stuff with drifter salvage. Everyone will then know that you got that depleted uranium core. :/

Everywhere you go, they will fly out in the middle of your screen. You cannot turn it off. Depleted Uranium Core is not from a lockbox. It is a drop from Warlord's alert. Only lockbox prizes will trigger the gambling alarms.

You know what's most disturbing about these gambling alarms? They weren't in the patch notes. It was as if they hoped we wouldn't notice, as if they knew there would be a backlash.

They know players hate it, but they are doing it anyway.​​
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    QUESTION: Does the new lockbox award notification apply to older lockboxes, too?

That would be sadlarious.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    cryneting wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea, I know this won't mean much or if you could even tell if I'm serious or not, as text is very hard to read and come-bye, but, I'm really sorry to hear about your PTSD, even I get really stressed out with time to time, to the point that I start breaking down, I don't think that is considered PTSD as I'm really unsure how much it affects me, as I only get stressed out if something is that serve to be stressed about, like this for an example, or a few things that I won't go into to much detail.

However, if this type of stuff is going to make players like this suffer and be in pain this way, I really think that they should do something about it, I have to agree with you I don't want to be spammed by people asking me to trade, with something I won and if I say no, that means I'm going to have to hurt them in some way, that who are unlucky enough to get such rewards or even have the time to farm/grind/gamble.

I've never been so much stalked before, but I have been trolled at, harassed and a few times here and there threatened, not really in this game, but other places too. Now hearing this from you, really makes me feel really guiltily about saying how people are "overreacting" where, some people are physically and mentally suffering from such trash like this.

I do wish you the best of health cyber-solider, and I do apologize if I have or not been a prick to you in the past, to see something like this happen to a player/person is quite disgusting and I do hope that Lady sees this and thinks otherwise, In-fact I'm really tempted to just PM the pair of the Devs here and show them that THIS is what their actions has caused,of course I'll need your permission unless you'll PM them privately yourself and I'll try to back you up on it, and I'm sure everyone else here, has got your back too.

No, it's not that the game makes me suffer or people make me suffer. I go through periods of time where I don't want to interact with people and I get annoyed easily. I will sometimes go tailor in the game, go melt faces off random low-level mobs repeatedly, or just swing around between buildings or bounce down the streets.

But that's just it. Sometimes, in game... I just want to be left the hell alone. Yes, I see the 'multiplayer' part of it, but if I'm in my hideout opening lockboxes I don't need everyone I know blowing up my inbox with 'Gratz' or 'U want Destroid become in trade plz?' or 'Did you really just gamble 50 bucks worth of keys?' when I'm trying to just... chill out.

And don't apologize or anything like that. I don't want sympathy, I want to be treated like a normal person. I'm not a victim. I appreciate it, but I am a regular person like you.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    splosions wrote: »
    You have a TON of unused Costume, stances, emotes, moods, powers etc etc etc. Zero man hours to create. Unlock them and put a price tag on them.

My understanding is that we'd actually cleaned out most of those?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/244342/the-gallery-of-wasted-potential/p3

This thread is really the tip of the iceberg.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    splosions wrote: »
    crosschan wrote: »
    P.S. If I'm not mistaken Gravity Driver happened because someone asked about it sitting in the Live Files collecting dust and then...well...this business happened.

No, Gravity Driver is definitely new.

I concur.

Also, the reward message is not such a big deal.

Brou in Cryptic games.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    You get it in every chat box.
    You got nowhere to hide.
    You got nowhere to run.
    It's everywhere.​​

Which is exactly why I hate them. Just giving us an option to disable or hide them would fix all the discontent we're seeing here. But I'm 100% convinced our feedback will be ignored. In fact, we've been told in no uncertain words that our feedback doesn't matter.

This is has been the case with almost every release over the past couple of years.

I cancelled my subscription and I probably won't be renewing it again ever. I doubt anyone else is going to go that route, because Cryptic is counting on your addiction. Yup they figure you are so diehard into CO that you'll still keep putting money into the game. And if you're a lifetime, chances are you've contributed all they can get out of you anyway.

This game is moving in a direction that will resemble NW and STO current setup. Which is very lockbox oriented.

And that's about it.

That's my feedback.. the announcements suck. I know no one at Cryptic gives two cents about my opinion or whether not I continue to subscribe. So.. subscription cancelled.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    Also, the reward message is not such a big deal.

It follows you everywhere you go. It flies in your face. You can't turn it off.
    You can't opt-out of having your name and activity broadcast to the entire game.​​
    edited July 2015
    If the bugged costume and the lockbox notifications go live, I propose an idea:

Our feedback is ignored, on these very important matters, it would seem. It's almost as if the Public Test Server is serving no purpose. So, my idea is the cease all feedback from the PTS. No matter what they put up, don't put feedback. Even if the bug or problem is game-breaking, don't give Cryptic any feedback. Notify your friends online about upcoming costumes so that they don't waste their money, but don't post anything in here. Let every bug, glitch, and problem go live. Give them no information to correct their flaws, let them be released into the wild... and let them deal with the negative PR, the droves of refund requests, the mountain of complaints, and the lost revenue. If they intend to be selective with listening to our feedback, then starve them of it all.

I don't expect this to work, but it's an idea. I personally don't have the patience to do their game-testing for them if they're just going to ignore us when it doesn't serve them.

Now would also be the ideal time to contact any bloggers, reviewers, or writers concerning this practice of Cryptic's. Make it public. Perhaps you know someone at Massively? Let's get the game journalists doing what they're supposed to do and get the players informed.

I personally do not care about PWE's profits. What I do care about are my fellow players- these players deserve to know what kind of product it is before they spend their money. I would rather see the game sealed in its casket than turn into what it appears to be turning into.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    riverocean wrote: »
    In fact, we've been told in no uncertain words that our feedback doesn't matter.

That's completely untrue. Feedback on this lockbox has already caused changes to it. Just because they're standing their ground on this issue doesn't mean none of the feedback matters.
    Silly idea.

It's a good thing most people won't resort to such childish antics and we'll still see feedback given. And of course they're going to be selective with the feedback. It's feedback, not demands.​​
    biffsig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    That's completely untrue. Feedback on this lockbox has already caused changes to it. Just because they're standing their ground on this issue doesn't mean none of the feedback matters.

You're right. They're not 'ignoring our feedback', they've heard it.... they're flat-out telling us to go f--k ourselves, because no matter how much we hate it they're going to do it anyway. That's not really the same thing, it's almost worse.
    It's a good thing most people won't resort to such childish antics and we'll still see feedback given. And of course they're going to be selective with the feedback. It's feedback, not demands.​​

I don't expect everyone to be on board, I stated that clearly. But, hey- what was YOUR idea? Something along the lines of grabbing your ankles, smiling, and saying 'I don't think I will like this but go ahead, I'll let you know afterward, ol' pals!' Sorry, people are calling you a shill for a reason. So far, your response has been to take every wooden nickel thrown at us and thank them for the time to flick it our way.

I'll take 'childish' over 'Fanboy with Stockholm Syndrome'.

They can be selective with the feedback, but when EVERYONE hates the idea, it might be wise to listen.

They don't need any more cheerleaders. If they're blowing off the overwhelmingly negative response to an idea, your sweet praises aren't going to win you any favors.
    Wow, didn't take long for the ol' Stockholm to make an appearance, huh? For the record, when the lockbox was put on PTS and I saw the actual drop rate of the power, I flat-out said I was against it. Furthermore, I'm completely against having this message flown in my face whenever someone gets something out of a lockbox. But of course, you're assuming I must love it based on the really colorful description you give of me, without even knowing my stance on it. Heck, I don't think I've even posted my opinion on it until now.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Wow, didn't take long for the ol' Stockholm to make an appearance, huh? For the record, when the lockbox was put on PTS and I saw the actual drop rate of the power, I flat-out said I was against it. Furthermore, I'm completely against having this message flown in my face whenever someone gets something out of a lockbox. But of course, you're assuming I must love it based on the really colorful description you give of me, without even knowing my stance on it. Heck, I don't think I've even posted my opinion on it until now.

You're right, we didn't know you were against it until you started backpedaling and were called out. All you've done so far is snap at people who've provided extremely negative feedback. It's only reasonable to assume you were just another rabid fanboy that gobbles up every table-scrap thrown our way. But hey, it might not be too late to jump on that bandwagon. At this rate, those guys will be like sasquatch around here.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    A lot of whats been said in this thread addresses the issues that I've seen myself, so I'm going to mostly going to stick to those issues not already addressed better and at more length by other players. I'll just cover the highlights here:

1.) Lockbox announcements are a very very Very bad idea. As a roleplayer, I can't tell you how idiotically annoying it is getting messages you don't want. As a player who buys lockboxes, opening me up to being spammed by random people from zone (All of whom are not lovely, levelheaded people) dissuades me from opening boxes. Thats pretty clearly working against its intended use. So no, please don't do that.

2.) Having a tier 4 power in a lockbox is pretty much the worst content creation idea I've ever seen. It says pretty clearly that Cryptic is no longer interested in doing new powersets, archetypes, or content. Thats a pretty sad statement on where we're at as a game.

So, onto my personal feedback. Firstly, I opened 100 boxes on the PTS. No cars, four costumes, and no Gravity Driver. Pretty stiff odds overall for getting a gravity driver. Spending the equivalent of $100 on one power, seems a bit shady. More so when said power is not guaranteed. I feel it would be better served as a drifter salvage item, possibly with a 200-250 DS pricepoint. That at least in reasonably attainable, and won't go away in a month.

As far as the costume set goes...well I'm going to be frank with this. Setting aside the nicety of another holo costume, it is not a very good set. The pieces seem unfinished and lack texture when used as cloth, leather, or glass. They're below the rather high standard that past lockbox costume sets have maintained. If you're going to be charging roughly $30 in market prices for a costume set, you really need to step up your design. The current implementation is just bad, and probably won't be a priority for me to get. Also, although this one has better wrapping, it has some quite horribly color bleeding issues. You really need to look at quality control on these items.

I'd love to give my opinion on the blaster piece, but I didn't get a single one from opening 100 lockboxes. Thats a significant issue as well.

Edit: Ravenwood also has the fewest pieces we've ever gotten from a lockbox. I'm kind of surprised you guys didn't elect to do some holo wings for it, or even a belt with the Ravenwood logo.
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It occurs that the best way to combat this obnoxious messages is to do exactly what they say they want you to do: PM the "lucky winner". If every time someone "won" the grand prize they messages from 10-20 people containing sarcastic congratulations and things like "If people like you stopped buying keys they'd have to sell things normally" and "Shame on you for supporting Gambleboxes" or even "I'll buy that off you for 50G", I wonder how long the system would stick around for >:)

-Ogre
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    ogremindes wrote: »
    It occurs that the best way to combat this obnoxious messages is to do exactly what they say they want you to do: PM the "lucky winner". If every time someone "won" the grand prize they messages from 10-20 people containing sarcastic congratulations and things like "If people like you stopped buying keys they'd have to sell things normally" and "Shame on you for supporting Gambleboxes" or even "I'll buy that off you for 50G", I wonder how long the system would stick around for >:)

So mess with bystanders to further an ideal? Got it...
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited July 2015
    You're right, we didn't know you were against it until you started backpedaling and were called out. All you've done so far is snap at people who've provided extremely negative feedback. It's only reasonable to assume you were just another rabid fanboy that gobbles up every table-scrap thrown our way. But hey, it might not be too late to jump on that bandwagon. At this rate, those guys will be like sasquatch around here.

Backpedaling? No. I was just not going rage-mode and specifically said in my posts that it all hinges on the droprate. In my very second post about this, I said it's too early to judge and I'll wait to make my decision on it once it goes live.

Snapped at people? Again, no. You might be projecting here. I've been having discussions about this thing while some people, including you, have been pretty insulting just because my opinion differs.

You're really grasping at straws here trying to make me look like a terrible person.
    biffsig.jpg
    Backpedaling? No. I was just not going rage-mode and specifically said in my posts that it all hinges on the droprate. In my very second post about this, I said it's too early to judge and I'll wait to make my decision on it once it goes live.

No one was in rage mode. If I were in rage mode, the game would be uninstalled and I would go chop wood or work out or something. I'm more concerned about people in defensive mode, honestly. Positive reinforcement for negative decisions is not productive for anyone.

I still think you're failing to grasp the 'once it goes live it's too late' part of what has been said. But that's not much different than what I'm saying, let's just let it all go live before we start making assessments.
    Snapped at people? Again, no. You might be projecting here. I've been having discussions about this thing while some people, including you, have been pretty insulting just because my opinion differs.

You're really grasping at straws here trying to make me look like a terrible person.

Oh, you're insulted? Let me buy some keys from the C-store. Maybe a lockbox will contain a f--- for me to give. I hear the drop rate is 'medium'.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

Intentionally doing that is obviously an awful thing to do, but I personally fear that it will be a reality even if unintentional. Just asking the price on channels for things that came out of lockboxes gets you a few PMs, a good amount not being the most cordial. Opening up lockboxes in bulk (the way a lot of people do) will end up with a flood of PMs asking you to sell/trade your item.

That may not sound horrible, but some people don't take no for an answer - believe me :\
    I'd perfer not to have to deal with that just to open my boxes.

edited July 2015

Defending the indefensible does come across a bit shilly.

How valuable is our feedback when we are given one day to test this lockbox's costume before it goes live?

One. Day.

The clipping issues I reported in detail on the Variable Robot set are largely unfixed and will remain that way.

Which issues are given priority, instead? How best to trick people into opening more lockboxes, not whether their contents are working as expected or advertised.
    ​​
    Post edited by voyagersix on
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Now then, the devs have outright told us that the reason for this system is for people to congratulate the lucky winner. They obviously know best, so we should send our "congratulations". All of us. Every time. They wouldn't tell us that when the real reason is to make the gambling odds seem better than they actually are, that would be unethical. So clearly to get the most fun out of this new game system we should interact with it in the way we've been told.

-Ogre
    No one was in rage mode. If I were in rage mode, the game would be uninstalled and I would go chop wood or work out or something. I'm more concerned about people in defensive mode, honestly. Positive reinforcement for negative decisions is not productive for anyone.

No one was in rage mode? Even the people unsubscribing? Even the people who can't go a few sentences without the word filter catching them? Even the people who can't handle someone just having a different opinion than them and can't seem to read plain English and just make assumption after assumption on those people?
    I still think you're failing to grasp the 'once it goes live it's too late' part of what has been said. But that's not much different than what I'm saying, let's just let it all go live before we start making assessments.

Except, once again, I stated plenty of times that I think that even if it goes out with a "good" drop rate, there's a likelihood that they're going to reduce it in the future. I'm aware of all the things you are saying. I'm just not reacting the same way you are about it. Again, things you'd have known if you either read or understood the words I'm using.
    Oh, you're insulted? Let me buy some keys from the C-store. Maybe a lockbox will contain a f--- for me to give. I hear the drop rate is 'medium'.

The word insulting is not the same as the word insulted.
    biffsig.jpg
    voyagersix wrote: »

Defending the indefensible does come across a bit shilly.

How on Earth was this in any way a defense for this new feature? I simply stated that they have already listened to some feedback on this lockbox, so the statement is untrue.
    How valuable is our feedback when we are given one day to test this lockbox's costume before it goes live.

One. Day.

Where's the patch notes that says this is already going live?
    ​​
    biffsig.jpg
    No one was in rage mode? Even the people unsubscribing? Even the people who can't go a few sentences without the word filter catching them? Even the people who can't handle someone just having a different opinion than them and can't seem to read plain English and just make assumption after assumption on those people?

People unsatisfied with a subscription to a product are well within their rights to express their dissatisfaction with said product, cancel their subscription, and use their money as they choose. I'm not sure how this is 'rage mode', if so- I recently went into 'rage mode' when I canceled my subscription to Time Warner Cable for constant outages. I recently went into 'rage mode' when I canceled my subscription to a Newspaper because they constantly clogged my email with 'special offers' after me requesting they stop. I recently went into 'rage mode' when I canceled my gym membership because they would shut down entire sections for crossfit training and I was unable to use the equipment for an entire day at a time.

Perhaps you don't understand 'rage' and 'dissatisfaction', and you should perhaps realize that this kind of disgust has not been seen for a long time. Name-calling the people whose personal financial decisions are their own to make, and could influence this game in a better direction is not 'helping'. It's being part of the problem.
    Except, once again, I stated plenty of times that I think that even if it goes out with a "good" drop rate, there's a likelihood that they're going to reduce it in the future. I'm aware of all the things you are saying. I'm just not reacting the same way you are about it. Again, things you'd have known if you either read or understood the words I'm using.

I understand quite well what you're saying. And you're right, you're not reacting the same way. You're being a good loyal fanboy and sniping at everyone who's unhappy with this, because you don't like the way they're saying it. And if you want people to watch their tone, that's fine. But it really doesn't matter how we react, does it? Oh, wait... the word's getting out about how bad this is, at least as far as I've seen. A lot of people are unhappy. Hopefully, this will bring about the negative PR needed to stop this silliness.
    The word insulting is not the same as the word insulted.

I'd say if you're going as far as to call something insulting, that means it's insulted you. Sorry, not enough keys to get a second f--- to care. I got a Mercenary breastplate you can have instead.
    snip
    I was going to respond to this but you've got a completely delusional view of my position toward this. You keep coming back with assumptions and strawmen arguments and I don't think there's anything I can do to stop that.​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well I don't care for this announcing your winnings to everyone on the server but I'm willing to accept it because they've clearly tightened up the trade function and have streamlined the scammer policing. I mean I haven't heard that they've done these things but I'm going to assume they've done these things as it would be extremely irresponsible to announce a player's name to everyone and not also make sure they're not going to get scammed by predictors in the wings.
    snip
    I was going to respond to this but you've got a completely delusional view of my position toward this. You keep coming back with assumptions and strawmen arguments and I don't think there's anything I can do to stop that.​​

No, I'd say it's pretty clear. You were more than willing to let this hit live to see if it went well. Well... that's your prerogative, but fortunately the outrage has spoken and the powers that be have seen fit to make something of a compromise. Sorry, but I firmly believe that once something goes live, it's a little too late. A wise person at Cryptic may have felt so as well. After all, the outrage of PTS-users would be nothing compared to that of those on the live server.

You're well within your rights to react in your own way. And as long as no forum rules are violated, you've no right to question anothers' reaction to this.

But that's okay, I don't need your response. And I don't care if I think you're delusional. Until more faith is restored in this game's dev teams, I question the sanity of the fanboys.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Well I don't care for this announcing your winnings to everyone on the server but I'm willing to accept it because they've clearly tightened up the trade function and have streamlined the scammer policing. I mean I haven't heard that they've done these things but I'm going to assume they've done these things as it would be extremely irresponsible to announce a player's name to everyone and not also make sure they're not going to get scammed by predictors in the wings.

Ugh, I didn't even consider this. Now I am afraid.

How on Earth was this in any way a defense for this new feature? I simply stated that they have already listened to some feedback on this lockbox, so the statement is untrue.

Okay, so you weren't defending the feature. Sorry, my mistake.

How valuable is our feedback when we are given one day to test this lockbox's costume before it goes live.
    One. Day.
    Where's the patch notes that says this is already going live?

It's going live.

Just use deductive reasoning:
    1. There has never been a time since lockboxes were introduced in which a lockbox was not in active rotation.
    2. The Timewarp promotion ends tomorrow.
    This means either:
    1. They will have no lockbox, or...
    2. The Ravenswood lockbox goes live tomorrow.
    Which do you think is more likely to occur?

So I'll repeat: How valuable is our feedback when we are given ONE DAY to test this lockbox's costume?​​
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    voyagersix wrote: »
    So I'll repeat: How valuable is our feedback when we are given ONE DAY to test this lockbox's costume?​​
    The lockbox is not going live tomorrow, the timewarp event will remain active for through next week.

Your feedback is valuable and we have already proven that we listen to it.
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
This discussion has been closed.