test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150630.3 Ravenswood Costume & Perpetrator Incapacitation Device

Comments

• ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    Folks, we really do appreciate your feedback, and we do change things based on it. We understand that not every decision may be popular, but we are trying to do what we can to strengthen the game. Again, thanks very much for your posts and we'll try to address things where we can.

Is that a troll comment? I think it's a troll comment, there's no way that could be posted without knowing it'll get people riled up. But just in case it isn't...
    Strengthening the game means new missions, new zones and bug fixes. It doesn't mean half-arseing highly anticipated costumes, changing the deal out from under subscribers and spamming obnoxious psudo-announcements.

-Ogre
  • splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    You have a TON of unused Costume, stances, emotes, moods, powers etc etc etc. Zero man hours to create. Unlock them and put a price tag on them.

My understanding is that we'd actually cleaned out most of those?
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    At this point, if I wasn't a lifetimer... I'd be content to scoot around with a free AT. No way ideas like this would secure my subscription.

This game has way too man bugs and broken features to justify Lockbox spam and gamble-powers.

Here, have some ideas:

Make new powersets. Honestly, I'd rather pay for an entire powerset. Sell an AT, and the powers can be unlockable. That's a lot easier to swallow than gambling away for ONE power and seeing that become a feature in the game for good.

Start selling costume sets again. There's enough random costume parts scattered through the game to justify a variety pack of some sort. I'm sick of every 'new' costume set that comes out costing $40 through gambling.

Work on a comic pack. Do something else.

A community this big with this much creativity, and it's like you guys don't see the potential.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    splosions wrote: »
    You have a TON of unused Costume, stances, emotes, moods, powers etc etc etc. Zero man hours to create. Unlock them and put a price tag on them.

As in like Tons of Used To Drop As Rewards Costume Pieces?
    Oh i misread, i thought it said 'cleared'.onion-27.gif
    ​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Absolutly not. There are so many NPC pieces. Proably more pieces then there are in the actual cstore. I could easily make you a list of all the hundreds of NPC costumes(eg White Rhino), emotes(Liberty Guard arm cross), Moods(Fox Bat Smile), Stances(the "new" Shaolin Emote), Walks(zombie) ETC ETC ETC ETC

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    Practically every prop ever.

Guys.... visualize it with me.

Clipboard hands aura.

Combat HUD visor aura (stolen from Gadroon, I choose you)
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Some of you may have missed this part of one of my posts:

At a drop rate of 3%, a person would have to, on average, open 33 lockboxes. That is 3300 zen, or perhaps 3000 Z with sales and bulk rate.

Plenty of folks would definitely spend that much on keys for lockboxes, but would never spend that much on a single power. It is similar to how people would spend $100 a month in scratch tickets, and then use the $25 they won to go out to a nice lunch or dinner; those same people might not otherwise spending $25 on lunch, but if it was won on a scratch ticket, it seems different.

What am I trying to say? Powers and costumes and vehicles in lockboxes likely have a higher profit margin than straight C-store items.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    FYI

What will the Series 3 Lockbox Reward be? This is the 3rd lockbox in the series.

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

There were quite a few pieces that stopped dropping when On Alert released. If I recall there were shoulders from Nemcon (Caliga I believe wears them) that no longer drop as an example.
  • seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    somebob wrote: »
    Regarding notifications, please note that you will NOT get the same high level of notifications on live as you would on the PTS. PTS has free keys to open the lockboxes, meaning players are going to be opening a LOT of boxes at once on PTS. You won't get near the same ratio on live.

The purpose of these notifications is to allow people to know when others get something in a lockbox they are willing to trade for, or simply to give kudos to someone who got lucky. If this does become a problem on live, we'll address it appropriately. For now, just give it a try and we'll see how it works.

No. NONONONONONO.

Turn it off. NOW. Don't even TEMPT putting this on Live. This is an issue RIGHT NOW that needs to BE FIXED NOW.

I seriously do not play NW because of the constant spam of lockbox notifications. It SUCKS.

I agree with this sentiment. It is foolish to disregard customer feedback to "try" something that's been met with criticism by your customers on your other games.

I don't want to see what some random other guy got out of his lockbox. I don't care. No one does. This "well maybe they'll be getting something you want to buy" stuff is nonsense. If they want to sell it, they'll advertise it in zone or throw it up on the auction house.

Also, from the perspective of someone opening a lockbox, what you propose is incredibly obnoxious as well. Now when I open a lockbox and get something rare, I get to be bombarded by tells from random schmoes wanting to buy it? That's something that's not the least bit appealing.

Perhaps you suggest that I can whitelist tells with the buggy whitelist system? What if I want to both not be bombarded by random tells asking to buy stuff from the lockboxes I just opened while not completely restricting myself from receiving tells from people not on my friends list? Guess I'm just SOL, right?

And you're not just making optional - it's mandatory. And when met with the reasonable suggestion of "Hey, how about making it optional? If people end up liking it, they'll be able to turn it on and off at their discretion!" your response is "Nope. Just deal with it a while. Maybe you'll get used to the abu... uh, I mean, find out you'll really like it!"

The justifications for this decision don't stand up to even cursory consideration of whether it's objectionable or not, and your responses to any objection or suggestions to make the system optional are met with a politely worded version of "well, you're just going to have to deal with it." Great PR guys. You're lucky that you have such a fabulous PR history with the customer base on this game to float this kind of thing... oh, wait.
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    BUG: The new Ravenswood Blaster Weapon is coming as unlocked straight out of the lockboxes, and it's not showing on the tailor...
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • savagegreywolfsavagegreywolf Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Man. It's hard to say what an insanely stupid idea adding non-toggleable lockbox drop messages to CO is without swearing, but I'll do my best.

You need to at the very least create an option to toggle this message off. Most of us old-timers are still around basically just for the community, roleplaying, socializing, etc. We certainly aren't here for new shiny doodads and new content, as most of us are purpled to the gills and have been for years, and there's been a near total moratorium on new content for the game. We're all very much aware that there's not going to be any new areas even of minor significance, there's not going to be a level cap raise, there's not going to be new and interesting powersets to play with. You've made it stupendously clear, those things are not coming. We're here for the community.

These messages are incredibly disruptive. I don't really feel like playing this card, but if the game becomes significantly RP-unfriendly, I'm sure I'll have no problem pointing out to most of the people I roleplay with that, you know, DCUO is RIGHT THERE.

They don't have as good of a roleplay community as CO, but I'm sure that'll change as the exodus continues.

I understand if you HAVE to add this because the order comes from on high, and I even understand if you make it the default and the option to turn it off is not very obvious, but we NEED to have that option.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User

1. Not even counting On Alert there are a TON of these things sitting around....some of which NPCs don't even get to use.
    2. Why would you have "cleaned out most of those"? :o
    3. TT has even mentioned these in the past as "Potential rewards for new systems"...BTW, where are those new systems?
    4. Adding the lost stuff from On Alert, which should IMO just be put back in the game where it belongs to actually STRENGTHEN THE GAME and encourage the use of missions, OMs, and such, actually multiplies this list.
    5. I'm not a CO Dev but, from a cost analysis standpoint, does it not cost less to edit existing things into the hands of the playerbase than it does to create completely new assets?

Short Version: The Big Old Box of Free Money has been sitting there all along and, for reasons completely escaping me, they have never been touched nor does anyone seem to be inclined to do so.

P.S. If I'm not mistaken Gravity Driver happened because someone asked about it sitting in the Live Files collecting dust and then...well...this business happened.

P.S.S. There have been, on the forums(good, meh, and current), many many posts and threads of people saying they would throw money at this game for these things....the current joke is that it's some kind of money allergy but that's just the joke so...why is this not happening?
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    The purpose of these notifications is to allow people to know when others get something in a lockbox they are willing to trade for, or simply to give kudos to someone who got lucky. If this does become a problem on live, we'll address it appropriately. For now, just give it a try and we'll see how it works.
    Also, we removed the global notifications from getting the Ravenswood costume from the Lockbox, because at the current drop rate it IS way too noisy (thanks for the comments on that). Left them in for the vehicles, because they're a lot harder to get. Next patch should have that change.
    Folks, we really do appreciate your feedback, and we do change things based on it. We understand that not every decision may be popular, but we are trying to do what we can to strengthen the game. Again, thanks very much for your posts and we'll try to address things where we can.

I understand that you are trying to strengthen the game by fostering trade and congratulating players who roll a lucky item. However, in practice, I believe that system-wide loot announcements will have the opposite effect. Please take more time to consider what a "lockbox loot announcement" does:

It forces a player to send a message to the entire game population.
    ...whether that person wants to send it or not. Even if a player flags him or herself as Hidden, the message is still sent. A player who wishes to respect others' privacy, and not interrupt their game experience with a declaration of "Look what I got!", has no option to do so aside from refusing to open lockboxes. If players are concerned about this disruption, they will hesitate before opening a lockbox, or only open them in small quantities. I assume this is not Cryptic's intended effect.

There is no way to prevent receiving the message.
    If you simply wish to be left alone, you cannot turn off the announcements. Even putting a player on Ignore and turning off the System channel does not prevent the announcement banner from scrolling across your screen. Do you not care who just got a rare item? Too bad; check out someone else's phat loot. Do you want nothing to do with a player whom you dislike and have Ignored? Too bad; you now know how lucky and fortunate your enemy is. Are you immersed in an RP session? Too bad; "The Silver Specter prepares to answer, knowing his reply could mean life or death...BOX LOCKINGTON GOT A FLAMING HOVERCAR FROM THE RAVENSWOOD LOCKBOX!"

It creates ill will toward the "lucky" player.
    Players forced to bear witness to someone else's "Look what I got!" will not react positively. The more lockboxes a person opens, the more it will annoy every other player in the game and create jealousy toward the lucky winner. I assume this is not the kind of "kudos" Cryptic wishes to give those who spend a lot of money to purchase keys. Also keep in mind that someone can create a character with a well-known name, then use that character to open boxes. If players see, for example, "Iris Irregular got blah blah blah", they will assume it is THE Iris Irregular, and he will have to deal with whatever responses come because of the message...whether he opened the box or not.

If the player does want to sell or trade the item, the announcement is redundant.
    Most players interested in trading are observing Millennium City's Zone chat. There is already a public auction house, and a publicly-accessible Trade channel. If a player obtains a rare item and wishes to open trading negotiations, he/she already has multiple means to do so.

It forces a player to engage in public-relations damage control.
    The entire game population knows you got a rare drop. You now have a target on your back. You will receive private messages from predatory traders offering unfair trades, trade-scammers looking to take your loot for nothing (I am disappointed there is still no secure player-to-player trading, even after it has been repeatedly requested), and people looking to heckle you out of jealousy. At the risk of your own reputation, you will have to politely deal with unreasonable individuals. If I have no intention of selling my newly acquired Flaming Pink Hovercar, I do not want to patiently explain that fact to the ten people who just messaged me, "LOL bro, gimme hovercar."

If these loot messages go Live, the only way for a lockbox-opener to remain semi-anonymous is to create a new character with an unfamiliar name and put that character on Hidden status to avoid being tell-spammed after an announcement is sent. Forcing players to go through such trouble just to protect their privacy does not seem like a productive way to reward key-purchasing customers.

Please do not add lockbox loot announcements. They are not a positive addition to the game.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    If you are going to add categories to the AH, how about removing unnecessary ones (Bags). Maybe adjust the rarity of items that don't make sense. Everything being purple (especially Recognition costume unlocks need to be changed to Green or Yellow rarity) makes it harder to find anything, since players opening lock boxes and selling contents is a concern now.

Wait. There's a device in the box now too? I don't see it on the tooltip. Isn't this a Sonic Boom Generator reskin with an extra advantage plus cooldown? Can't this just be a new power?

Mind making this into a power too? Or at least just put it in a new device kit for the Drifter to sell with a bunch of other devices in it.
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    New Lock Box items in the Debugger store:
    - Perpetrator Incapacitation Device
    - Ravenswood Costume
    This list suggests that the Perpetrator Incapacitation Device is part of the Ravenswood lockbox, but it is not in the lockbox's drop table. Is this an oversight, or will the device be available a different way?

BUG: The tooltip description for the Perpetrator Incapacitation Device does not indicate that it deals Electrical damage.
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Live Fixes:
    - Removed the music from flag flight.
    - Updated power tree so that Flag Flight rank 3 properly gives Flag Flight (3) instead of normal Flight (3).
    - Changed Canadian flag flight charge to be Red/White instead of Red/White/Blue.
    - Fixed the ravenswood emblem material names.
    I'm pleased to see these fixes. Thank you for taking the time to implement them.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    In regards to Splosions, should the players make another list of everything that is in the game that players don't have access to?

I can name several pistols and 3 assault rifles alone that players do not have access to but are hidden in the tailor.

I can name 15 more martial weapons from power replacers that could be brought back like blunderbus as separate costume unlocks.

I can name costume pieces that were added to the tailor a few years ago that weren't released along with the steampunk pieces in the Christmas event but were never released.

There are at least 50 costume unlocks (specifically weapons) that are in game, half of which veterant players in game can use right now but were either lost thanks to On Alert so new players can never have.

Please make these available to us. We'd like the Questionite store to be updated.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Regarding notifications, please note that you will NOT get the same high level of notifications on live as you would on the PTS. PTS has free keys to open the lockboxes, meaning players are going to be opening a LOT of boxes at once on PTS. You won't get near the same ratio on live.

No, do not "test" to see how this works, Turn it off, I don't want my RP ruined when im in a hideout or club, to be spammed by massages like this.

Turn it off, I dont' care if you want to treat us like your test subjects, We want this off, you'll just end up getting reported to.
    Psi.
    edited July 2015
    Also, we removed the global notifications from getting the Ravenswood costume from the Lockbox, because at the current drop rate it IS way too noisy (thanks for the comments on that). Left them in for the vehicles, because they're a lot harder to get. Next patch should have that change.

I understand that you are trying to strengthen the game by fostering trade and congratulating players who roll a lucky item. However, in practice, I believe that system-wide loot announcements will have the opposite effect. Please take more time to consider what a "lockbox loot announcement" does:

It forces a player to send a message to the entire game population.
    ...whether that person wants to send it or not. Even if a player flags him or herself as Hidden, the message is still sent. A player who wishes to respect others' privacy, and not interrupt their game experience with a declaration of "Look what I got!", has no option to do so aside from refusing to open lockboxes. If players are concerned about this disruption, they will hesitate before opening a lockbox, or only open them in small quantities. I assume this is not Cryptic's intended effect.

There is no way to prevent receiving the message.
    If you simply wish to be left alone, you cannot turn off the announcements. Even putting a player on Ignore and turning off the System channel does not prevent the announcement banner from scrolling across your screen. Do you not care who just got a rare item? Too bad; check out someone else's phat loot. Do you want nothing to do with a player whom you dislike and have Ignored? Too bad; you now know how lucky and fortunate your enemy is. Are you immersed in an RP session? Too bad; "The Silver Specter prepares to answer, knowing his reply could mean life or death...BOX LOCKINGTON GOT A FLAMING HOVERCAR FROM THE RAVENSWOOD LOCKBOX!"

It creates ill will toward the "lucky" player.
    Players forced to bear witness to someone else's "Look what I got!" will not react positively. The more lockboxes a person opens, the more it will annoy every other player in the game and create jealousy toward the lucky winner. I assume this is not the kind of "kudos" Cryptic wishes to give those who spend a lot of money to purchase keys. Also keep in mind that someone can create a character with a well-known name, then use that character to open boxes. If players see, for example, "Iris Irregular got blah blah blah", they will assume it is THE Iris Irregular, and he will have to deal with whatever responses come because of the message...whether he opened the box or not.

If the player does want to sell or trade the item, the announcement is redundant.
    Most players interested in trading are observing Millennium City's Zone chat. There is already a public auction house, and a publicly-accessible Trade channel. If a player obtains a rare item and wishes to open trading negotiations, he/she already has multiple means to do so.

It forces a player to engage in public-relations damage control.
    The entire game population knows you got a rare drop. You now have a target on your back. You will receive private messages from predatory traders offering unfair trades, trade-scammers looking to take your loot for nothing (I am disappointed there is still no secure player-to-player trading, even after it has been repeatedly requested), and people looking to heckle you out of jealousy. At the risk of your own reputation, you will have to politely deal with unreasonable individuals. If I have no intention of selling my newly acquired Flaming Pink Hovercar, I do not want to patiently explain that fact to the ten people who just messaged me, "LOL bro, gimme hovercar."

If these loot messages go Live, the only way for a lockbox-opener to remain semi-anonymous is to create a new character with an unfamiliar name and put that character on Hidden status to avoid being tell-spammed after an announcement is sent. Forcing players to go through such trouble just to protect their privacy does not seem like a productive way to reward key-purchasing customers.

Please do not add lockbox loot announcements. They are not a positive addition to the game.

Pretty much this, so stop treating us like rats and turn it off, or give us a choice to turn it off.

Period.

P.S: Do you want me to send what this player said to you, in PM massages?, because I will send both you and Lady an PM massage with excaly what Carrion said.
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    DEVs are you trying to Anger your Playerbase on Purpose?
    Because If you do, then Congratulation you are Succeeding

NOBODY wants this "Feature"
    NOBODY asked for this "Feature"
    NOBODY wants to get Spammed
    NOBODY wants to get Stalked by people who will PM like crazy to get the item the user got from Lockbox
    NOBODY ever!

This system won't encourage me to open Lockboxes, It will Encourage me to Unistall the game and try to get back the 7000+ Steam Hours I spend on it

Edit: Also WHERE is the Costume Piece for the Series 3 Lockbox Bonus card?
    Let me guess you don't have any and you are gonna sloppy make an Already ingame Emote as a reward?
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I've played NW and STO. Those messages of 'X won Y' are nearly as annoying as the gold sellers advertisements.

I also don't want people to know what I get. It's none of their business.

I'll do the simple method , whitelist PMs and give things away in Zone , as usual.
    Mail messages, unless from a friend, will be instantly deleted.

You may want to advertise that people are actually getting things but the people with them don't. Well except possible scammers.

AND, as someone else asked, have you fixed the trade check yet. You know the instant cancellation if someone changes n offer after the other person hits confirm. Since our serial scammer uses a trade hack , which removes the items after it's

yes , to the costumes on things and the perk costumes. also the force & electric & poison powers from NPCS.

The crafted costumes are still available.
    The NEMCON costumes are still available.
    Weapon skin unlocks from old gear replacers.
    costume unlocks from old gear replacers.

swipe some of the dances from STO, they're all awful enough to fit in here.
    swipe some of the pets from STO,we could actually find an excuse for most of them. Especially the lava monster.

here's a list of items from when the tailor glitched;
    http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/BarbaravdB/library/tailor glitched?sort=3&page=1

This list includes the females superconductor chest, which is NOT in the recognition vendor.
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    ok costume,
    dryad plus ancient armour, scallopped
    why is there this HUGE gap in the chest armour. Do they want their students killed?
    armour_zpsmjtxvggt.png

next my drop rate
    100 first try

1 car
    3 powers
    1 legion

3 weapon skins
    11 mercenery
    19 rare mods
    9 veh mod

16 salvage
    10 q crates
    26 mods
    100 second try
    2 cars
    3 costumes
    2 legion

1 weapon skin
    2 powers

8 mercenery
    12 vehicle mod
    16 rare mod

8 salvage
    20 q crates
    25 mod

roughly the order they are listed on the lockbox list,but not in percentages

Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Come on NewOld Cryptic Team...
    Was this,
    stripshred.jpg
    what Cryptic North left behind?
    I think we've told dozens of times about missing/hidden stuff.
    onion-52.gifonion-53.gif​​
  • bloodgambitbloodgambit Posts: 15 Arc User

First of all, you've obviously never seen me with lockboxes. I usually go through hundreds within short periods of time. I neither want to spam people nor do I want people knowing the things I have gotten. Ever. It is not their business. Not even slightly. Nothing you say can ever change this. We are the players, this game is played by players, and we the players are telling you this is a bad idea. When everyone tells you something is a bad idea, it is a bad idea. This isn't simply "not popular", this is annoying, spammy, and quite frankly privacy-invading. The least you could do is give the notice its own channel so we can freely ignore it, and don't shove it in our faces, because we frankly might not care about what someone else got.

@Maekada in-game

Formerly MaekadaFolay on the forums.
    edited July 2015
    Aleast tell us if this is going to effect regardless where we are, what zones will be effected by this trash?, I really hope the club and hideouts won't suffer this.

I don't want to be spammed when I'm in my hideout or in the club, when I'm trying to RP, if its in other zone, then I really don't care but as long its NOT in Hideouts & RP-Zones, I do NOT WANT IT.
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User

This absolutely needs to be optional. I'm not interested in knowing what someone else got , nor am I interested in broadcasting what I may have received.

In the four years + that I've played CO happily, I've never felt the need to be the Grumpy Gus, but you guys are making it impossible not to be at this point.

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

You got nowhere to hide.
    You got nowhere to run.
    It's everywhere.​​
    cryneting wrote: »
    Aleast tell us if this is going to effect regardless where we are, what zones will be effected by this crap?, I really hope the club and hideouts won't suffer this.
    I don't want to be spammed when I'm in my hideout or in the club

If it works like the other two games it won't matter what zone or map you are on. The spam will be seen flying across your screen and in the chat box. It is one of the most intrusive and obnoxious thing these f2p games have added to try and make a quick buck from impulse shoppers.
    What makes me most annoyed is not that I can't turn off the floaty text on the screen, it's that I can't stop myself from sending that message to others.

People on my ignore list will get a message about me. I really, really, really do not like this.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    This is okay.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    Oh, even ignored persons?

OK, so because of this idiotic spam, let me clarify some things. I'm going to put this into perspective and disclose something about myself here that puts me at risk, makes me uncomfortable, and is otherwise something I don't share with people.

There are people in this game that I have on ignore for a REASON. I've been stalked, harassed, and even threatened by persons elsewhere and they have attempted to find me in other games and have even stalked me through social media and harassed my friends, war buddies, and family members. Some of these people behind my harassment are in this very game. About once a week- I have to look through the zones and see if anyone 'might be' one of them. I need no reason to draw attention to myself.

I have people online who are not like this, but at the same time- I may not be in the mood to interact with them. 99% of the time, I am invisible and would like to keep it that way. It's not that I don't like the people, I just don't want to interact with them. Perhaps I tell them "I'm busy" and maybe I crack open some lockboxes- well, how does that make me look? Like the 'friend' that blows them off and doesn't like them. It could hurt some feelings and make me seem like a terrible liar. I don't want to interact with people sometimes. I just want to do things and be left alone. I have PTSD, and sometimes the RL behavior affects me in the game.

I have been 'lucky' in the past with some lockboxes and gotten something awesome. As soon as I offer to sell an item, I'm BOMBARDED with PM's asking me to sell it to them. I have had people troll the hell out of me when I told them I already had a buyer. I have people begging me, offering to trade me worthless mods/becomes/costumes for high-end items. I do not like this. Because of this sort of behavior, often I get a 'good' item and just give it to one of my friends instead of trying to profit from it, because this community is full of loons.

If for some reason I open a ton of lockboxes, simply because I have some disposable income- I do not wanting other players making estimations as to what my disposable income may be. It is none of their business. I do not want them thinking I am a gambling addict, or that I may be so obsessed with an item that I am willing to squander $50 for a costume when I may, in fact, be willing to do that so a friend can have the costume as a gift.

If I want people to know what I've got, and if I feel like trading it- I'll let them know. If I feel like I need 'kudos' for gambling, I'll go to the nickel slots in Las Vegas or simply show off my winnings in game. I DO NOT need my screen full of spam and a giant neon light that says HEY THIS GUY IS ONLINE AND THIS IS WHAT HE IS SPENDING AND THIS IS WHAT HE WON!!!!!
    edited July 2015
    draogn wrote: »
    Aleast tell us if this is going to effect regardless where we are, what zones will be effected by this crap?, I really hope the club and hideouts won't suffer this.

If it works like the other two games it won't matter what zone or map you are on. The spam will be seen flying across your screen and in the chat box. It is one of the most intrusive and obnoxious thing these f2p games have added to try and make a quick buck from impulse shoppers.

I just hope they give us a choice to turn it off, and while I won't mind it poping up here and there, but all the time at such an rapid speed, no thank you.

but they really need to remove this or give us a choice to turn it off.

flyingfinn wrote: »
    You get it in every chat box.
    You got nowhere to hide.
    You got nowhere to run.
    It's everywhere.​​

Why did I click "Show" in your image :neutral:

Now im going to have nightmares...
    Psi.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    108 boxes opened-
    1 gravity driver
    1 ravenwood academy costume set
    1 Ravenwood blaster skin
    the rest was junk. I didn't even get anything decent till I'd opened 70 or so.

Also, when do we see the bonus costume for opening three lockboxes this current series? We had the space scoundrel, the foxbat vs defender, and this ravenwood is going to be the third but my bonus card is still showing "Stay Tuned!"
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The only thing this decision will do is increase the number of dummy accounts created purely for the purpose of opening lockboxes -

1. Create Dummy Account, switch off all social interaction (whitelist PMs, do not add friends, do not join a SG unless it is your own personal one - see points 3,4 & 6)
    2. Level 6 Character
    3. Send/Transfer Keys from main account
    4. Send/Transfer Boxes from main account
    5. Open boxes on Dummy without being bothered by PMs
    6. Send/Transfer Items back to Main Account (all except DS from box opening - but once you have saved enough you can get something from Drifter to send)

Yes this is a complete pain in the lower dorsal area but if it's what a person needs to do for some peace they will do it.

P.S - It would be nice if drifter sold boxes of 10 DS in exchange for 10 account bound DS. For a lot of people there is little on Drifter they want or need and it would be nice to give or trade that spare DS to others who want it.
    ​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Oh, also:

Bug:Ravenwood blaster skin showing up as already unlocked out of the lockbox, costume piece not showing up on costume list
    Where:Straight out of the lock box
    What happens:You're unable to unlock the costume piece as it shows as already unlocked but doesn't actually appear in your costume unlocks

edited July 2015
    Oh, even ignored persons?

OK, so because of this idiotic spam, let me clarify some things. I'm going to put this into perspective and disclose something about myself here that puts me at risk, makes me uncomfortable, and is otherwise something I don't share with people.

There are people in this game that I have on ignore for a REASON. I've been stalked, harassed, and even threatened by persons elsewhere and they have attempted to find me in other games and have even stalked me through social media and harassed my friends, war buddies, and family members. Some of these people behind my harassment are in this very game. About once a week- I have to look through the zones and see if anyone 'might be' one of them. I need no reason to draw attention to myself.

I have people online who are not like this, but at the same time- I may not be in the mood to interact with them. 99% of the time, I am invisible and would like to keep it that way. It's not that I don't like the people, I just don't want to interact with them. Perhaps I tell them "I'm busy" and maybe I crack open some lockboxes- well, how does that make me look? Like the 'friend' that blows them off and doesn't like them. It could hurt some feelings and make me seem like a terrible liar. I don't want to interact with people sometimes. I just want to do things and be left alone. I have PTSD, and sometimes the RL behavior affects me in the game.

I have been 'lucky' in the past with some lockboxes and gotten something awesome. As soon as I offer to sell an item, I'm BOMBARDED with PM's asking me to sell it to them. I have had people troll the hell out of me when I told them I already had a buyer. I have people begging me, offering to trade me worthless mods/becomes/costumes for high-end items. I do not like this. Because of this sort of behavior, often I get a 'good' item and just give it to one of my friends instead of trying to profit from it, because this community is full of loons.

If for some reason I open a ton of lockboxes, simply because I have some disposable income- I do not wanting other players making estimations as to what my disposable income may be. It is none of their business. I do not want them thinking I am a gambling addict, or that I may be so obsessed with an item that I am willing to squander $50 for a costume when I may, in fact, be willing to do that so a friend can have the costume as a gift.

If I want people to know what I've got, and if I feel like trading it- I'll let them know. If I feel like I need 'kudos' for gambling, I'll go to the nickel slots in Las Vegas or simply show off my winnings in game. I DO NOT need my screen full of spam and a giant neon light that says HEY THIS GUY IS ONLINE AND THIS IS WHAT HE IS SPENDING AND THIS IS WHAT HE WON!!!!!

Wow, I had no idea, I know this won't mean much or if you could even tell if I'm serious or not, as text is very hard to read and come-bye, but, I'm really sorry to hear about your PTSD, even I get really stressed out with time to time, to the point that I start breaking down, I don't think that is considered PTSD as I'm really unsure how much it affects me, as I only get stressed out if something is that serve to be stressed about, like this for an example, or a few things that I won't go into to much detail.

However, if this type of stuff is going to make players like this suffer and be in pain this way, I really think that they should do something about it, I have to agree with you I don't want to be spammed by people asking me to trade, with something I won and if I say no, that means I'm going to have to hurt them in some way, that who are unlucky enough to get such rewards or even have the time to farm/grind/gamble.

I've never been so much stalked before, but I have been trolled at, harassed and a few times here and there threatened, not really in this game, but other places too. Now hearing this from you, really makes me feel really guiltily about saying how people are "overreacting" where, some people are physically and mentally suffering from such trash like this.

I do wish you the best of health cyber-solider, and I do apologize if I have or not been a prick to you in the past, to see something like this happen to a player/person is quite disgusting and I do hope that Lady sees this and thinks otherwise, In-fact I'm really tempted to just PM the pair of the Devs here and show them that THIS is what their actions has caused,of course I'll need your permission unless you'll PM them privately yourself and I'll try to back you up on it, and I'm sure everyone else here, has got your back too.
    Psi.
  • splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    crosschan wrote: »
    P.S. If I'm not mistaken Gravity Driver happened because someone asked about it sitting in the Live Files collecting dust and then...well...this business happened.

No, Gravity Driver is definitely new.
    draogn wrote: »

I just hope they give us a choice to turn it off, and while I won't mind it poping up here and there, but all the time at such an rapid speed, no thank you.

but they really need to remove this or give us a choice to turn it off.

STO has the option to turn it off, NWO does not. The option wasn't on the ptr last I checked. Since it could affect the money they get from impulse shoppers I doubt they'll add it.
    edited July 2015
    I've been trying to understand why the Lockbox Loot Notifications could seem attractive to a developer.

"Announcing the big winner" is a part of casino psychology. Celebrating a lucky prize makes it seem more realistically attainable, and keeps gambling at the forefront of everyone's mind. If Cryptic wishes to implement these Notifications here, I assume (as a friend wisely pointed out) that the metrics from STO and NW indicate that this practice increases key sales and lockbox opening.

Cryptic's desire to increase profits is an understandable goal. But I believe that the STO/NW models are not the most efficient way to do so.
    eiledon wrote: »
    The only thing this decision will do is increase the number of dummy accounts created purely for the purpose of opening lockboxes ​​
    As this thread indicates, there are many lockbox enthusiasts who are strongly opposed to advertising their winnings. If these players are forced to become a game-wide nuisance by engaging in heavy lockbox gambling, they will either fulfill Eiledon's prophecy or take a moral stand and refuse to open boxes altogether. And if they consider receiving such notifications to be a deal-breaker, their only recourse is to not play Champions Online.

If Lockbox Loot Notifications are inevitable, I believe that there should be an ON/OFF switch for both sending and receiving these Notifications, turned ON by default. An occasional Notification would slip out, sparking players' (particularly new players, who may not be familiar with keys and lockboxes) interest in stepping up to the gambling table, without inciting the ire of veteran players who are ethically opposed to this practice. Other players in this thread have already suggested such a solution, and I apologize if my reiteration of it seems redundant.

I believe that adding an ON/OFF switch for both sending and receiving Lockbox Loot Notifications will not only placate concerned players, but also increase Cryptic's profits compared to a "mandatory" implementation. Please take this suggestion into consideration, as many of us deem this a serious issue. I strongly value my privacy; and in the several years I've played this game, the impending addition of these Notifications has been one of my greatest concerns.
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    I don't think I'm going to be a fan of Lockbox notifications if they're going to be implemented as discussed. No way.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    So I've been thinking, since we now have an AH power unlock cat, that means it is planned for those to be a big part of the game, maybe even the now focus for monetizing CO. To do that with minimal effort, selling existing powers/powersets is easiest... so this would be a good opportunity to remove ATs from CO.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Opening 100 Boxes:
    • 1% Ravenswood Academy Costume.
    • 2% Ravenswood Blaster Weapon Skin.
    • 2% Legion's Armor Pack.
    • 3% Gravity Driver.
    • 8% Mercenary's Armor Pack.
    • 9% Crate of Drifter Salvage.
    • 13% Crate of Questionite.
    • 13% Vehicle Modification Case.
    • 15% Rare Modification Case.
    • 34% Modification Supply Case.
    Observations:
    • Gravity Driver has an abysmal 3% drop chance.
      This will make it roughly as rare as getting a Legion's Armor Pack, which (unopened) auctions for approximately 700g. The price will increase when the lockbox is no longer active, I'm guessing between 1200g and 1800g. This is a lot more expensive than I expected.
    • Fusing mods still takes too damn long. I hate doing it.
      Opening this many Modification boxes has to be detrimental to sales. When I personally see 62 modification boxes, I don't want to open them. I don't want to open lockboxes because I know I will be burdened with mod cases.

It takes too damn long to fuse mods. Without exaggeration, if you fuse all of those mods as high as you can, it will take a minimum of 2 hours of your life. What is intended to be sold as a reward instead becomes a punishment and a deterrent.

My suggestion: Make fusing mods an instant result like in Neverwinter. Get rid of the progress bar and its delay. It's not fun. It serves no purpose. Make a "Fuse All" button and give it a user-specified maximum rank (ie: User chooses to fuse everything to a maximum of Rank 7)

Costume Shoulders:
    qixFW9h.png
    BUG: Ravenswood Shoulders are asymmetrical. One shoulder is aligned askew and appears behind the other.

Costume Leg Accessories:
    Pel6EGj.gif
    uBioWy2.gif
    7jAKW7A.gif

BUG: There are major clipping problems with the Ravenswood Leg Accessories and Ravenswood Foot Accessories on male characters.

Worth Noting: Ravenswood Costume is missing the following common pieces: Belt, Gloves, Boots, Bracers.

Notifications:

EVERYONE IS WINNING, WHY AREN'T YOU?
    Regarding notifications, please note that you will NOT get the same high level of notifications on live as you would on the PTS.

The frequency of notifications is not our concern. Our concern is turning them off. We do not want them at all.
    The purpose of these notifications is to allow people to know when others get something in a lockbox they are willing to trade for, or simply to give kudos to someone who got lucky.

Oh, please. No one is going to believe that. The purpose of these notifications is to skew the perception of how common prizes are. I do not want random messages from strangers when I win something.
    For now, just give it a try and we'll see how it works.

You say that like it's an option.

These alarms are equivalent to the winning klaxons in slot machine casinos. There are hundreds of slot machines, but wherever you are, you can hear the alarm when that rare person wins something with no indicator of how much was spent to trigger that alarm.

The intent is a common deception to trick you into believing that a disproportionately high number of people are winning the extremely rare prizes. The more often you witness the alarm, the more likely you are to believe the odds of winning are high. There are no alarms for losing, so the only alarms you will ever see are for good fortune.

These gambling alarms exist in PWE's other games. You cannot turn them off. They will pollute your combat log. They will fly-out in the "Notification" box in your UI. If you are a roleplayer, they will disrupt your immersion.
    TURN IT OFF.
    SfppWi3.png
    ​​
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User

Well, with the way things are going around here... I suppose the last question I'll be asking is this:

latest?cb=20150502175508

I fear the answer may be "Yes".​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Wonder if we'll get the new PTS build today?
    Think it will just go live tomorrow no matter what?

I do.

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I'm wondering if these announcements will be broadcast if you open boxes in a hideout? If they are opened in an alert/rampage is the announcement only visible there, or everywhere?

I guess if neither of those work I'll open such boxes at the end of a session, then immediately leave so I don't get clobbered with mail asking to sell stuff.

Next they will broadcast what you get when you open stuff with drifter salvage. Everyone will then know that you got that depleted uranium core. :/
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    Wonder if we'll get the new PTS build today?
    Think it will just go live tomorrow no matter what?

I do.

These bugs will go live. We did not get sufficient time to test. Past repetition makes this is a predictable future pattern.​​
This discussion has been closed.