test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150630.1 - Lock Box Vehicles & Gravity Driver

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150630.1:

This build is available on PTS now, 7/2/2015.

Lock Box Vehicles added to the PTS Debugger store
As detailed here.
- Flaming Hovercar - Mark 2 Vehicle (Pink/Cyan; Black/Orange Flame options) w/Supercharger & Mark 2 Flamethrowers.
- Cherry Bomb Hovercar - Mark 2 vehicle w/Supercharger module & Mark 2 Micromunitions.
- Rustbucket Hovercar - Mark 2 vehicle w/Supercharger module & Mark 2 Anti-Aircraft Missile.

Adds the Gravity Driver Ultimate Power to the PTS Debugger store.
As detailed here.

More details about the upcoming Ravenswood lock box are coming soon!

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Powers in a lockbox? That won't end well for anyone.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Gravity Driver....wow.

Please have a look at rank 2 & 3 of the power, the debuff value is incredibly high and needs to be toned down. Currently it goes from 20% to 200% then 300% which, as far as I can tell is causing ridiculous results.

However, the power itself is beautiful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the animation, not only can it be force fields but a variety of different concepts. Love it, fantastic work!

As the ranks of the power are bugged (debuff value wise) or at least I hope they are, I'm guessing values we are seeing on PTS right now cannot really be trusted.

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    As a Lockbox card reward this is fine, but not as an item someone has to gamble for. This is something worth quitting over.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    So.....rank 2 and 3 of Gravity Driver are giving way too much -res. Last I heard the cutoff was supposed to be -20%.

Funny screenshot
    lel.jpg

The stun on it should be dropped down to 3-4 seconds. The longest stun currently in game is 1.4, seems excessive.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    So.....rank 2 and 3 of Gravity Driver are giving way too much -res. Last I heard the cutoff was supposed to be -20%.

The stun on it should be dropped down to 3-4 seconds. The longest stun currently in game is 1.4, seems excessive.

How are you able to stun them? They seem to die before we can stun them and I'm not even running a damage focused build.

I guess with proper resist values we'll be able to test better.

As for being put in lockboxes....

Read the blog post on it. Players will be able to trade the tokens. I for one will be handing out free tokens after I have mine, but that's just me. Also not everyone will want a force ultimate in their build, just like not everyone unlocked Rocket Fist.

• ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »
    Powers in a lockbox? That won't end well for anyone.

Yeah... that seems like a good way to piss off everyone.

-Ogre
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    First: Individual players can get the power from buy/trade and AH. One does not actually have to gamble.

Second: This move is going to be quite divisive among the player base. Though the big middle won't much care, many will, particularly if the power is as good as Unleashed Rage or better.

Third: The new hovercars

Can the cars have zero pitch on moving forward? That would let them skim along level surfaces as if hovering.
    The time/animation it takes for a character to "get into" the hovercar just seems off. Too long, too odd--I dunno.

Fourth: I can't remember how to format for colors without hints. Wish that these forums had the buttons for color. :/

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Ok I remember reading there is supposed to be new costume set with the new lockbox, yet the costume set is not available on the pts? Nor is the lockbox itself.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    As a Lockbox card reward this is fine, but not as an item someone has to gamble for.

Yeah. I'd have been totally fine for it to be a Lockbox Series reward. As an item to gamble for though? No. I hate EVERYTHING about this and you should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to pull this stunt, Cryptic. So, I'm going to be quite frank with this and treat Gravity Driver much like how the Lemurian Invasion was first envisioned and how it forced players to be Lv30.

Gravity Driver is "bugged". It appears randomly as a Lockbox reward.

Suggested "fixes":
    -Change it to be a Lockbox Series reward
    -Create a new Reawakend Archetype that utilizes it and have it unlock through playing said Archetype
    -Remove it from existence completely

Now then, rant out of the way. That Resistance Debuff seems way too powerful at the moment. I'd suggest toning that down by making sure it stacks only once regardless of how many players are using the power. Any Gravity Driver abilities that go off while the debuff is still active should simply refresh it. Also, make sure that Rank 2 and Rank 3 of the power don't give different instances of said debuff that are more powerful than Rank 1. I'm totally fine having the one same debuff for all three ranks only giving off -25% Resistance

Go redeem yourselves while you still can. Fix the biggest Gravity Driver "bug" of them all BEFORE it goes live!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Read the blog post on it. Players will be able to trade the tokens. I for one will be handing out free tokens after I have mine, but that's just me. Also not everyone will want a force ultimate in their build, just like not everyone unlocked Rocket Fist.

It coming as a token doesn't change the fact that it is a power in a lockbox, that sets a bad precedence. This is just one more step closer to the p2w line. Unlocking powers in game through leveling a character is a very different from unlocking a power by opening a lockbox.
    edited July 2015
    It says how long it stuns in the description.

Also, not really seeing much drawback to Supercharger Module. The damage ticks are trivial as Reconstructive Biosteels (I don't think people run anything else...) handily outdoes the -health. The recharge on the power is so short (3 seconds) that letting it be toggled on for too long shouldn't be a concern. 19 seconds, toggle off, wait 3, toggle on.

I think the power should scale up its damage bonus and -health as you keep it toggled on. Give some reason to risk taking damage.

The damage on Gravity Driver is good. It shouldn't touch Unleashed Rage for damage for a number of reasons: UR is close range, only has a 15ft sphere and requires you having a rage form. GD is a whopping 80 ft with a 40ft sphere and has no conditions for its effects. The debuff on it also takes effect before the damage hits.
    BUG

Happens with Gravity Driver at Rank 2 or Rank 3
    The defense bebuff is so high that it is acting as a damage bonus against targets with little or no defense. You can see the result in Kaizerin's post, above.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited July 2015

However, the power itself is beautiful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the animation, not only can it be force fields but a variety of different concepts. Love it, fantastic work!

Whilst I am aware of the issues with this power, I will go on about how pretty it is. Thank you Splosions, Gentleman_Crush & any other developers involved in this...it is very pretty...now...lets see about those ranks being fixed :P

GD_1_zpsngdaobsn.jpg

GD_2_zpsbkxj5fea.jpg

GD_3_zpsvoscvbqp.jpg

As for the vehicles, I'll test them when I have more time. :smiley:
    gradii wrote: »
    having a ultimate which does a little of each, damage, CC, and debuff would be a nice change of pace.

This is an excellent way to put it. A ranged AoE power that does damage, CC, and debuff is pretty cool.

• crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    For what it's worth I will throw in with this as well. Please....do not do this. Do not put powers in a lockbox. Do not think that making them BoE will make it all better. Do not think that a lower rarity(which may very well not be as low as you'd think but there are no boxes to test presently) will make it "fine and dandy."

I am a Gold. I have been a Gold since September 4th 2009(Gamestop sucks). I pay my sub. I have always paid my sub. One of the benefits of my sub are powers, powers which have pretty much stopped coming with the exception of poorly "ported" powers from devices(nice idea, not so nice implimentation) and I understand this team didn't make those so no blame there. If this had been packaged with some actual content additions or something more positive than the majority of the 2015 track record then...well then it would, honeslty IMO, still be a bad idea but with nothing to shield it and the current state of moral I am observing....it's that much worse.

This is standing on the edge of the next big PWE/Cryptic/CO PR Blunder IMO. This is the few sites that follow CO latching onto this. This is the doomy fuel forever. Now I don't know what this power will look like when finished(if finished) but if it's junk then people will be annoyed and if it's OP then "Welcome to P2Win." CO has dodged this particular bullet, for the most part, for almost 6 years now.

If you want my money that's perfectly understandable but there are so many unused unlocks and such(not even counting things lost with On Alert) that it should not be hard for you to get my money. I'm betting your data shows that people buy unlocks in this game. So why not go with what you know? Why not just release the power? Give something to add value to the game.

Overall, and once again, please...do not do this.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I want to point out the token for Gravity Driver indicates that it "can't be sold". Which isn't exactly true.. it can be sold. I'm wondering if that's referring to being sold to a vendor and not the AH. In either case it's a confusing bit of text which should probably be removed from the token. Otherwise people who get this and don't want it may not be aware they can sell it.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Put it in the QStore, nobody's using that nowadays and it doesn't rely on chance or whatever, there's already a power section in that store, and it'll allow people to use either cashcashcashmoneymoneymoneymoney or in-game time from Questionite farming to get it.

That's just my suggestion, though take it with a grain of salt.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm fine with this power being in a lockbox with a high droprate. I imagine it will be relatively cheap like the Dinosaur Costume set. Relax, everyone, the sky is not falling. You'll be able to get it easily by trading Globals or Cosmic Keys.

What I'm not fine with is the lack of a proper PTS testing phase for the new lockbox costume. If the Timewarp promotion is only for 1 week, that means this Ravenswood lockbox is coming out in 1 week. We do not have sufficient time to test and give feedback on the new costume set. That is a recipe for disaster.

I do agree with roughbearmattach about the cars. Can they not pitch forward when moving forward? It looks strange when a vehicle's front end digs into the road. I don't think the Pharaoh's Chariot pitches forward. Can you copy that vehicle's behaviour?

pmQqxuP.jpg
    djddVKd.jpg
    A33YSu1.jpg
    ETpc52Z.jpg

For the next future lockbox, please make hover-motorcycles. I mean the actual realistic motorcycles that already exist in Westside. Just resuse the assets and tweak them a bit into hoverbikes. There are so many great-looking motorcycles there just waiting to become player vehicles. I guarantee they would be popular.
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    Yeah... please don't make it so this power is only attainable from a lockbox. It's good that it can still be traded between players at least, but I'm sure an overwhelming majority of us would prefer for it to become available by a different means than gambling, whether we can buy it off of others or not.

Very nice work on the power itself though, it looks amazing.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    the next vehicle should be based of another travel power if you do the motor bikes like voyagersix say's do it a ground transport and go with super speed or have it hover off the ground like energy slide, or even do mounts like horses or gryphons and Pegasus's for those fantasy themed heros
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    I'm fine with this power being in a lockbox with a high droprate. I imagine it will be relatively cheap like the Dinosaur Costume set. Relax, everyone, the sky is not falling. You'll be able to get it easily by trading Globals or Cosmic Keys.

I have to agree with Voyagersix, here, everything what he says his true, while it is a bit of an sting that an new power is in an lockbox, but so what?, alot of people here are overreacting, its not like they are forcing you to buy their keys and froceing you to use lockboxs, if YOU want the power, its YOUR choice, and that's the price you have to pay, if you don't want to pay for the keys and gamble, then just smiplely DON'T.

While I enjoy the fact its going to be an really high-droprare, I mean, I was able to get an item from the lockbox, on day one, with enough gold. Tho I do rather have the power as an reward for opening the lockboxs, Im fine with any-way.

Just because you don't like something, that is NOT going your way, don't mean, the world is ending or all hope is lost for a poor lost puppy. I hope the mod here, removes most comments here. Im really attempted to say what I want to say, but Im worried that everyone will go fan-boy on me and beat me down.

But yes, an suggestion: Make the drop-rate higher, OR make it an token thingy, that you get at the end of unlocking all lockboxs.

Btw, with enough negative feedback, ladygadfly gotta have something else in mind, why not even just massage him about it, if your that annoyed with it.

P.S No one talks about the new Supercharge for your vehicles, that bacily is an free-kill-me device?

Psi.
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Putting a power in a lockbox seems like a good way to annoy everyone.

To a silver it's giving them a prize then sticking out your hand again for money before letting them use it. That sort of behavior got me to abandon EQ2. I understand they eventually worked out it was a bad idea and stopped doing it.

As a gold you're changing the rules out from under me. The deal was subs get to use every power. There was some outcry about locking powers behind the Automaton, but at least money wasn't involved.

Then there's the PTW aspect, of couse. Careful balance is required for this sort of thing, and that's never been a strength of this game.

For what it's worth, I'm fine with powers being sold, but not as a limited time thing, nor as a chance-based thing. Putting it in the c-store for 500 zen would be favorite, as putting it in stippend-range honors the idea of subs getting all powers.

-Ogre
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2015

I think the resistance value is just an oversight. The resistance debuf on r1 is dropped from 100% to 20%, but r2 and r3 are still 200% and 300% resistance debufs. Even if it had the old 100%, ranks should only add 20% to the effectiveness (for 20 base meaning 20/24/29, not 20/40/60).

But I don't think any low ranked targets are supposed to have a resistance cap? Obviously the invulnerable dummies do have such a cap, but trying this power on a few destroids it does the same damage as on the normal dummies.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    running round VB. L40
    new shadows L39.
    Combat (Self)] Your Gravity Driver deals 21006 (5251) Crushing Damage to Feeder.

[Combat (Self)] Your Gravity Driver deals 31645 (7911) Crushing Damage to Blooddrinker.

[Combat (Self)] Your Gravity Driver deals 25016 (5003) Crushing Damage to Vampiric Bats.

mi
    L41
    Combat (Self)] Your Gravity Driver deals 18824 (4706) Crushing Damage to Dark Sorcerer.

[Combat (Self)] Your Gravity Driver deals 31038 (7759) Crushing Damage to Dark Sorcerer.

[Combat (Self)] Your Gravity Driver deals 34045 (8511) Crushing Damage to Excavator.

This is only an average FF. nothing special
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    Oh now, seriously? Powers in a lockbox???

What's next? "Please deposit 10 Zen to login"? :/

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have....one thing to say about this whole...conundrum with the power in a lockbox

All this is going to do is piss off people, sure you might think that "it's ok because we put the cursed in a lockbox in the past" the cursed was a re-colour of the scourge, making it little more than a costume...what you're doing now is making it that one of the most brutal powers that has existed to date is exclusive to the extremely lucky/rich few who can spam lockboxes enough to get the power, so simply put, make it a lockbox card reward or drifter store item that costs a stupid amount of salvage, but not a lockbox power.....

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies[/URL] -Kaiserin (Tone down the language please)
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    New hover vehicles....
    Third: The new hovercars

Can the cars have zero pitch on moving forward? That would let them skim along level surfaces as if hovering.
    The time/animation it takes for a character to "get into" the hovercar just seems off. Too long, too odd--I dunno.

This.

Aside from that...I'm not really sure what the point of Supercharger really is aside from making the car look like I'm on the highway to hell whilst driving (which in itself is pretty awesome).

I would remove the minor damage throughout the use of this ability and instead just leave them with the final damage.

If people are using this ability it likely means their vehicle will be under fire or in a fight, so helping enemies to attack you is a bit counter productive...but I guess you use this ability at your own peril...

I do like the designs for the cherry bomb and both flaming versions.

Back to Gravity Driver....

Description wording of "knock prone" this seems to translate into knocked down, in Champions Online, so perhaps that is what it should be changed to.

The description also speaks of a stun mechanic within the power which is six seconds long. Whilst I personally do not mind the six second stun duration on an Ultimate Power...I would like to be able to test it. So far this stun seems non-existent.

I am unable to get it to proc on test dummies and there does not appear to be any animation for the stun nor any icon to represent them being stunned.

I've tried this on battle holograms and they are not stunned either.
    edited July 2015
    aiqa wrote: »
    I think the resistance value is just an oversight. The resistance debuf on r1 is dropped from 100% to 20%, but r2 and r3 are still 200% and 300% resistance debufs. Even if it had the old 100%, ranks should only add 20% to the effectiveness (for 20 base meaning 20/24/29, not 20/40/60).

But I don't think any low ranked targets are supposed to have a resistance cap? Obviously the invulnerable dummies do have such a cap, but trying this power on a few destroids it does the same damage as on the normal dummies.

Bosses seem to cap out at -30%, where anything below lacks a cap (including players, I tried layering Will of the Tiger and Gravity Driver, funny stuff).
    I think the cap should be 20% at r3 though. -20% all is pretty darn good for a 40ft sphere aoe.

I think the cap should be 20% at r3 though. -20% all is pretty darn good for a 40ft sphere aoe.

In practical experience, the only things for which the debuff matter are Supervillains and above. It is rare that there is more than one, and even when there are two or more, they are usually right near each other anyway. The debuff in 40' sphere just doesn't matter much.

edited July 2015
    In practical experience, the only things for which the debuff matter are Supervillains and above. It is rare that there is more than one, and even when there are two or more, they are usually right near each other anyway. The debuff in 40' sphere just doesn't matter much.

This. I've just run it against the Mega Destroid in MC as well as a few super villains, the damage isn't as powerful as I've seen in PH. Then again I'm sure most people are using highly offensive builds to test this power.

I'd be interested to see if we can't have the debuff work like so:

Rank 1 - 20%

Rank 2 - 25%

Rank 3 - 30%

I'd be okay with this minor increase since it can stack (but as already pointed out, the debuff won't stack past the cap on bosses).

The six second stun needs to be activated on Gravity Driver or at least noticeable, at the moment any enemy which survives the blast does not get stunned.

Also, I'm guessing that we'll have two Ravenswood students & Rowan in Ren Cen as the vendors?

The six second stun needs to be activated on Gravity Driver or at least noticeable, at the moment any enemy which survives the blast does not get stunned.

People have said that the debuff is applied before the damage. I wonder if the stun is applied BEFORE the damage, too. That would essentially cancel the stun for any mobs that survive.

People have said that the debuff is applied before the damage. I wonder if the stun is applied BEFORE the damage, too. That would essentially cancel the stun for any mobs that survive.

Hmm, I read this then tested it...

I think you are correct in a way, I think the stun is applied WITH damage, whereas the debuff is applied before damage.

Gravity Driver does stack Manipulator, so the stun component is in there somewhere lol. (Or it could be the debuff part of the power which is stacking Manipulator).
    edited July 2015

Mm, that's not true. Lair/Alert enemies are much tougher than outside mobs and can take hits from it, which will in turn make it much easier to take them down.
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    Fair enough, Enforcer-level mobs do have quite a lot of HPs.

Tested the stun
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5s0BtZBz5Y
    It's working, but it's bugged and is not giving hold immunity. That needs fixing.
    Master Villains are being stunned for significantly less of a duration, but I imagine that's intentional.
    edited July 2015
    Tested the stun
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5s0BtZBz5Y
    It's working, but it's bugged and is not giving hold immunity. That needs fixing.
    Master Villains are being stunned for significantly less of a duration, but I imagine that's intentional.

Thank you for testing that, I'll try it myself now.

I do wonder if this will work correctly (for once) versus Shamballah Vampires in Vibora Bay, they have some sort of issue vs crowd control.

EDIT: I've just realised you were using Rank 1 of the power? At least that's what it looks like...so at least something would survive to be stunned.

There's also no icon for the stun, and as Kaizerin has pointed out, no hold resistance granted.

Post edited by theravenforce on
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    On the subject of vehicles - is there ever going to be a pass on them to fix the powers switching places on your tray between instances or even everytime you get on and off the darn thing?

Simply tie the power tray position to the slot in which the vehicle weapon mod is held - i.e slot 1 > Tray 2, Slot 2 > Tray 3 etc.

Almost 2 years we have had to put up with this annoyance.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    When I wear a costume piece that doesn't drop anymore and someone asks me where I got it, it's sad that I have to tell them they can't. When someone watches my video and asks where they can get the invisible weapons, it's sad to tell them they can't or have to wait a year. When this power is used and someone says "where'd you get that power" it's not going to be fun when they hear "Oh, that lockbox is gone. You have to wait for the next timewarp." If this is going to be a trend, exclusive powers in lockboxes, more people are going to be disappointed that they can't get these cool powers. People that get constantly disappointed leave and they don't post on the forums to tell you about it. The exclusive content marketing thing is going overboard.

Also: It's sad that a new Ultimate that isn't full of failure is being put in a lockbox. Most Ultimates are terrible. Very much so.

It's about time you guys started making vehicles that had better paint jobs. Burnout Paradise has tons of cars with fun paint jobs. Go steal some ideas. +1000 to the hover motorcycles stolen from Westside idea.

Edit: This profanity filter is ridiculous.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    cryneting wrote: »

Btw, with enough negative feedback, ladygadfly gotta have something else in mind, why not even just massage him about it, if your that annoyed with it.

No. An OVERWHELMING amount of negative feedback is required for something like this. Cryptic is not your homies and your friends. The video game does not have feelings or rights or protection from criticism. This is a BAD idea. Next we'll be able to buy XP and top-tier gear.

Powers in a lockbox means that someone will have to gamble for it. What's the drop rate? What's the price on the AH going to be? Hey, I paid money for FREEFORM. Which meant I was supposed to have full access to all the powers in this game. But hey, what can I expect?

Seriously, Cryptic. It's like you're trying to outright torpedo this game intentionally. If this is your strategy for 2015 and beyond, let's go ahead and start a pool on the shut-down date.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Those defending the power in a lockbox, there's a couple of things I should clarify:
    1. As people like sterga have said, the fact that it's in a lockbox automatically means the supply of the power is limited. Ok yes, it might be commonplace enough while the lockbox is in rotation and we're all avid players here, but after that, the only way you'll be able to get it after that lockbox goes out of season is when the next timewarp box is released, or by buying it on the AH for an exuberant amount of money, since now it's rare.
    2. Rarity and time constraints aside, part of it isn't even about the supply of the power or how easy it'll be for people like us to get it; it's the principle of the whole action, which is where the (over?)reactions of some players here is coming from. This is something that an MMO site or whatever things that keep tabs on this game for the rest of the public to look at will jump on at a moment's notice, for either quick website hits or whatever, at pretty much this game's expense. Heck, there's past precedence for this: The Freeform Slot isn't exactly a bad deal within the context of how Gold works in this game, but it's still something valid that an outside player can gripe about. Fifty Dollars for a freeform character slot sounds just as bad, if not moreso, than 1 dollar keys needed to gamble for a power choice.

It should also be added, this is something that even smaller F2P/whatever games didn't try doing. All gameplay-affecting items in games like TF2, Loadout, Minimum, and Robocraft? Those all can be earned through work via gameplay and building up hours/experience, and the only things that really cost cash there are silly little cosmetic differences like hats, clothing, decals, or alternate weapon skins. That's part of the reason I suggest putting this thing in the QStore, since that's an option that can enable players to obtain it through either gameplay time or just buying it quickly, and it won't go away after a period of time.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    oh and FYI...

This will be the 3rd lockbox in Series 3, for the Lockbox Bonus Card. What will the reward be?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Schoolbag?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    No power in lock box..that is a stupid stupid idea.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    aiqa wrote: »

Bosses seem to cap out at -30%, where anything below lacks a cap (including players, I tried layering Will of the Tiger and Gravity Driver, funny stuff).

Lucky you can only effectively do that again Kiga. The debuff on Grav Driver does seems to stack, at least the icons do, so it could be funny to see in how little seconds Kiga can be killed.

For debuff strength I am fine with either 20% or 29%, but like with so many things it get problematic meanly due to cooldown reduction.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    oh and FYI...

This will be the 3rd lockbox in Series 3, for the Lockbox Bonus Card. What will the reward be?

Any old animation from a martial arts form reskinned as an emote, probably.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    This is leading to a downward spiral that will put the final nail in Champion Online's coffin. You do not put powers behind a RNG gamble paywall. That's just handing your already shrinking playerbase an excuse to go find something else that doesn't pull this kind of stunt.

Cryptic, I've held out on hope that somehow you would do a major turn around and overhaul of the game, but now it seems all PWI wants is to try to squeeze whatever little cash they can out of this husk of a cow before they kick it into a gutter just like CoX.
This discussion has been closed.