test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New forums on Monday? Post here to save your signature and avatar.

xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
Title says all. I save my stuff by right clicking and saving the picture itself. You guys should do the same. New forums soon.
Post edited by xcaligax on

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Title says all. I save my stuff by right clicking and saving the picture itself. You guys should do the same. New forums soon.

Wait Caliga posting sensible helpful stuff ...whats all this mirror universe crap :O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mirror Caliga? Is STO starting to leak into CO?

You know... that would make for a pretty cool Comic Series/Featured Episode...

(My Ferengi and his Pakled engineer would figure out some way to transmute Dilithium into Questionite, and clean up in the futures market. Meanwhile, Happifun Security System X-4 would try to upgrade to a 25th-century computer core.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Ruuuuuunnnnnneeeee!"

[in my best imitation of Caliga]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sssstreamlined!
    With gif Avatars.
    How sweet is that?
    We're all in the same place. All the games. No more unique, game specific forums.
    Vaaaaaaanilla!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    national_rum_done-why_is_rum_gone.jpg
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    as long as it doesn't open through ARC
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Orangutan. Also Donkey Kong.
    edited June 2015
    Join in the fight!
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/8356/my-badges
    We demand Stinken' Badges!
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ok (posting and saving stuff for transfer now). Ok done. :)
  • Options
    novarockznovarockz Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Join, follow, and read the infinity comics!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1364643499558.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't think I understand how posting in this thread would help anything. Won't it just be deleted like all the other threads?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I don't think I understand how posting in this thread would help anything. Won't it just be deleted like all the other threads?

Maybe. But if you're anything like me, I dont post as much as I used too. So instead of looking for an old post of mine, I just put a thread here, just so you know for sure you posted here.

The point of the thread is so that once you post, you can manually save your avatar, signature, and anything else in your signature through the right click + < chosen action > from here.

Basically, this way it's for lazy people.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    My avatar's on my desktop. I think I'll use the sig I've got on the STO forums, at least for now - nothing fancy, just a quote from Dr. David Brin. And all my STO fanfic is already saved on my hard drive. So I'm all set! :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited June 2015
    My avatar was applied to ARC ages ago.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh well...
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    as long as it doesn't open through ARC

Prepare for the most massive of mass exoduses ever...

ARC is like that villain that gets all the rival super groups to work together... and even gets some villains to help out as well.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just feel sorry for the people with custom titles...

Wait... I'm one of those people!!!

I want to keep my title!! I won that title fair and square! And some ppl even paid for their titles! (Hospital Heroes, you guys rock!)

Please figure out a way for us to keep out titles!!!

Oh well.. they'll probably break all the travel powers changing the forums anyway... ¬.¬
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ok, 4 things.

1. How is this new forum better than the this one other than I guess they can't shove us into a pocket and ignore us so easily now(unless we end up in the "Oh, and other games" Subforum).
    2. Yeah, I like my title...
    3. What does this mean for our CMs? Will we get new PWE/PWI people who know nothing about CO?
    4. I went over and checked out the new stuff and found a new place to play. I invite you all to come play with me...let's see if we can win the vote and make a meaningful impact.

Vote for Champions Online! :cool: <----Nevermind, I just nocited this is a few months old so my 1st post on the forums was a necro...bad Cross. :frown:

Edit: From what I'm seeing....this place is kinda ugly. I mean, I could be blind but all I see is basically our "quick reply" with less options(unless you code them in yourself), no advanced mode, a URL box that doesn't appear to work(screw it, I coded in the link myself), and...ok, what's the benefit here? Is this just our newest forum downgrade(again again)?

Edit 2: Let's Help Finn...get us some badges.*

*Honestly, I have been randomly clicking on people and I don't see anyone with badges. Is this one of those "dead before it started features"? Also, queue the "We don need no steenkeen badges!" jokes. :tongue:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    warriordante24warriordante24 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to keep mine as well, if at all possible.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hey, does this "migration" just mean us or will the forums, current posts, and old archived junk be moving there as well?

Also...
    We’re excited about this migration and can’t wait to see it in all its glory! If you have any questions or want to continue the conversation about our games, feel free to contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

If they're moving all their games to this glorious "Vanilla Forum(who thought up this name?)" then how about a renewed focus on having the conversations, important information, and communication....ON THE FORUMS AND WEBSITE? It's not like this is a new idea...

Edit: Also...can't help but notice Caliga brought us this news...but I'm not so much seeing any kind of official post on these forums... :confused:(goobye ugly lil confused emoticon, we hardly knew ye).
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    Hey, does this "migration" just mean us or will the forums, current posts, and old archived junk be moving there as well?

Also...

If they're moving all their games to this glorious "Vanilla Forum(who thought up this name?)" then how about a renewed focus on having the conversations, important information, and communication....ON THE FORUMS AND WEBSITE? It's not like this is a new idea...

Edit: Also...can't help but notice Caliga brought us this news...but I'm not so much seeing any kind of official post on these forums... :confused:(goobye ugly lil confused emoticon, we hardly knew ye).

I can't answer who thought up the name but many companies use Vanilla now like Gazllion with Marvel Heroes and Super Hero Squad, Zenimax uses them for TESO, and I believe Carbine uses Vanilla as well.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ok, I think I may have found an actual positive(wrapped in many apparent security badnesses) for those CO Forum users who, once upon a time, lost their forum names....

Post full of new forum information like changing your forum name.

So, yeah, if I'm reading this correctly those who either just don't like their forum name or lost their name way back when might be able to tinker with this and fix that? Good luck. :biggrin:

Oh, and if you're bored here's...

14 pages of people testing out the new forum features and a ton of good/bad things that can apparently be done with this technology.

Happy reading. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Will this be forum number three or four ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Will this be forum number three or four ?

can we call it the FOURum?!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's to a messy transition. I hope I'm wrong.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The </> editing button is gone so no more of that. I really wanted my original name that I had for years before someone else took it a month before we were forced to transfer the last time.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I already saved all that stuff to text files when we had this "scare" a few weeks ago.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    speekasspeekas Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    north-korea-disk-jpg.jpg?w=600
    edited June 2015
    I am wondering how many forums we are losing after this migration. I keep looking over at the "Vanilla" forums, and all I see is one for the game in question and technical forums. Going to require galoshes to wade through.

Will be hilarious for the Neverwinter forum since the CM and Mods over there just snazzied up their forums even.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    NW forums....<shivers>...here's hoping the CMs are kept to their respective games. :eek:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now , how do I;

get ONLY the CO forums up on that mess?

permanently hide the rest of the stuff, which I have now hidden twice?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    random909random909 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can't find the post delete button..... My Sig didn't show up....
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ohnoes! Am I too late?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2015
    So it will be only one subforum per game?

No suggestion box, bug section or fan art subsections?

Which one of the PWI geniuses came with this idea?

And I really doubt if it will be as good looking and ran as Gazilion's forum.

And yes, here's hoping that community moderators are tied to their games. Neverplay has the worst moderators ever, literally all of them are silly brown nosing types who act as if the company was paying them.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So it will be only one subforum per game?

No suggestion box, bug section or fan art subsections?

Which one of the PWI geniuses came with this idea?

And I really doubt if it will be as good looking and ran as Gazilion's forum.

And yes, here's hoping that community moderators are tied to their games. Neverplay has the worst moderators ever, literally all of them are silly brown nosing types who act as if the company was paying them.

I'm guessing it is the same guy who thought using outdated forum code was some how cool. The ;new' disorganized forums look horrible.

The 00s called again, they still want their forums and the code that goes along with it back.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So this is the End of CO Forum History? Well there goes our End Game
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Went to visit the new place last night. It says it uses BBCode; however, where BBCode uses [], the Vanilla code uses <>. Not sure if all the commands are the same.

On the other tentacle, I was able to use rather a large picture for a sig. (I'm trying to decide on a smaller one, but that particular pic has always tickled me:

AutisticCat_zps71c7fd60.jpg)

• Options
    iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Posting!!!
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mostly bummed at the possibility of losing the custom title. A lot of people worked hard for theirs and some people even paid for that stuff.

Either way, I will still have ALL the sparkles.

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hmm...

It's Monday and we're still here. :confused:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's 7:00 am.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's hoping that the signsture size rules that "the total signature size must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size.." will still apply. Obnoxiously large sigs are obnoxious.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260161
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Interesting. I just tried to access the forums through Arc, and received the following message:

If it doesn't say "www.perfectworld.com" or "www.perfectworld.eu" your web security might be in danger.
    Please check for mis-spellings. This could be a 3rd party site illegally posing as us.

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    since we will be losing our custom titles I took the opportunity to make a new Avatar for the change

pUJUQX8FNYSGG.jpg
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I honestly am confused and I do not understand the signatures over there. I'm like... no.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can't even see the new forums on arc. Am I totally looking in the wrong place or are they just not there yet?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited June 2015