test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150528a.5 PTS Update

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150528a.5:

This build is available on PTS now, 6/10/2015.

Iterations on the previous build: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=311421

LIVE Fixes (These will be in the build going live on Thursday).
- More fixes to Inverted normal maps. This should address any remaining normal map issues.

Ravenswood Tutorial
- Reduced the number of required parts for the Battle of Ironclad mission from 10 to 5.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Release Notes for FC.31.20150528a.5:

Ravenswood Tutorial
    - Reduced the number of required parts for the Battle of Ironclad mission from 10 to 5.

Wait--why? I guess this will make the tutorial a tiny bit shorter. What a strange change.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bug: The female model is still broken, the basic tights and armor tech pieces clip into the body.

still_clipping_zpshcmk64fy.jpg

Bug: Curved and curved sharpe tights under skin are still inverted, the other skin tights

not_fixed_zps7nsn6cby.jpg
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    BUGS
    • Rowan's lip flaps still continue to move after starting any talk sequence, including her idle banter.
    • PLATO continues talking even after you've closed the tips box or pressed continue. This needs to be changed due to overlapping dialog.
    • All the new NPC chatter that seems to have voice files attached are showing their voice file HTML in the NPC chatter lines. Example: [NPC] Headmistress Rowan: <sound Voice_Ravenswood/Contacts/Headmistress_Rowan/Rowan_01_Callout>As soon as we get enough data, we can update our training program!
    • Rowan does not have any voice over for her info selection tab when selected.
    • PLATO does not have any voice over when choosing info from her selection boxes.
    • Mayor Biselle has a few extra words he says in his introduction. He starts out saying "Well, I sure am glad to see you", where the dialog box only has "I am glad to see you." The extra dialog should be added to the box.
    • Sapphire has no VO for her chat box when talking to her.
    • Chief Surhoff's interact dialog has no Voice Over. Just text box with "I'll owe you big..."
    • None of Foxbat's dialog has voice over. I suggest recording new dialog and replacing Bill Roper's voice over work, since Roper no longer works at Cryptic.
    • Can we please get Foxbat's goofy grin fixed and replaced with a more realistic facial expression. I know the character is suppose to break the fourth wall, but he deserves more dignity than that stupid face.
    • Gonna point it out, but Silver Avenger Mayte Sanchez it's obvious that it's Sapphire's Voice Actor. Maybe want to alter the voice just a little bit.
    • The holographics of the Champions in Homestead are just generic stances that doing idle animations. These should be changed to heroic poses, such as defenders one foot forward stance, Witchcraft doing a mystic meditation, Sapphire a heroic flight pose, Ironclad flexing and possibly Kinetic in a super speed run pose. have them frozen in place and not animate and this would present a more heroic look for the Champions to players.
    • Black Talon is still too easy to defeat. Defender was telling me I had to defeat Black Talon on my own after I had already defeated him. And for the record I was using an AT, not a freeform, so it's not that.
    • When looking through the windows in the Ravenswood training room at other powerhouse assets, the textures flicker in and out and has the appearance of a not complete place.
    • Ravenswood Academy Perk is not retroactive thus level 40 characters that have existed now for the past 6 years are exempt from this. This perk needs to be made retroactive. Creating a perk that vets cannot get is not good practice.
    • Ravenswood Academy perk is listed under exploration, this should be under character, along with Ironclad Offensive.

Quality of Life
    • Placing medical personnel and gurneys at respawn points will make such points feel more immersive int eh world as medical rescue points.
    • The officer says that they are preparing to destroy the firebug pods, this could be a good place to put SWAT officers in tactical gear in and using weapons and grenades in the background destroying some of these, otherwise it seems jarring that they are just waiting for you.
    • SOCRATES computer interface near the Firebug Pods should be removed since she serves no purpose in this tutorial anymore.
    • The option to gain a travel power at level 2 would go a long way to actually improving the quality of life. It is my personal belief that the main deterrent of this tutorial is that you go about just walking around and can't use a travel power. In beta, the travel power made this actually fun, and should be considered at least at this stage.
    • Remove the Global, National and Local icons from resources and just leave it as flat resources. They are confusing in general and is a bygone tradition that needs to be dropped.
    • Telling players to visit the power house right after leveling near Chief Surhoff is confusing since you cannot visit the powerhouse in the middle of the tutorial.
    • Have every mission at least reward a healing item (3 of them actually) so that players can heal themselves if they get in over their head. The pack with a heal 10 devices can go quickly. In addition to this change how potions work in the game. They currently only stack to 6 and have like a 2 minute cool down on them. Reduce this cool down to about 20 seconds, and allow them to stack to at least 20 or more.
    • Please change Open Mission to Heroic Mission. We are super heroes, expressing that feels more true and immersive.
    • There needs to be an interior to enter at Ravenswood Academy for those that like that RP immesion. I suggest a library/science lab combination, simular to how the universities in CoH were done.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cryptic, why haven't you reverted the one file that caused all these female body goofs instead of trying to hack many many many (MANY MANY) fixes together? Seriously. I can even point you at somebody who fixed it weeks ago.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    draogn wrote: »
    Bug: The female model is still broken, the basic tights and armor tech pieces clip into the body.

still_clipping_zpshcmk64fy.jpg

Please fix this ASAP. If you aren't going to fix it or don't know how, please at least let us know that.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The solution for this muscle maps problem is literally under your nose you amazingly keep missing it. I have no idea how you do it.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kemmicals wrote: »
    The solution for this muscle maps problem is literally under your nose you amazingly keep missing it. I have no idea how you do it.

My guess would be ego.

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Bug: The armor tech light 3 after reducing the breast slider.

armortech3clip_zpskqnipkg6.jpg
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi,

I haven't posted here for a while, but after being informed of this issue, I was under the impression that it is a model problem, not a texture problem, afflicting the inverted normals issue. Furthermore, a community member has sent you a solution (namely to roll back the changes and fix a single file) not once, but twice. Your attention to this issue that is now affecting all the female tights costume pieces is much appreciated.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    - More fixes to Inverted normal maps. This should address any remaining normal map issues.
    Are these fixes also reflected in the PTS? If they should be, then I would have to say that it's still broken.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They'll continue to waste their man hours for Champions rather than accept the help of someone that will save them the time to be used for changes we need and want.
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, seriously...this is ruining female costumes with the model change. It's horrifically messing with neck pieces. Please revert the female model change, because god knows why you even did it in the first place.

I mean really, what?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What if it's an necessary change so they can start producing working Costume Sets?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    carbonifercarbonifer Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Instead of fixing the messed up variable robot to fit our working models, they messed up our working models to fit the variable robot.

Both are messed up now *applauds*

Why am i not surprised?

"Cryptic Studios : we know how to change Gold to Lead"
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Random thought: Since there's all this disarray with the models and such atm....would this be a good time to pull a yoink on the new STO base models and chuck them into the mix? I mean, stuff's already kinda broken atm so now could be a good time to strike and fix the chaos that would cause with the current chaos instead of 2 batches of chaos? Just take the bad tasting medicine all at once and get better quicker?

Just a thought. :wink:

P.S. And maybe that skeleton base model so we don't have the PLUGS on the Skeleton Costume Set anymore?
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    Random thought: Since there's all this disarray with the models and such atm....would this be a good time to pull a yoink on the new STO base models and chuck them into the mix? I mean, stuff's already kinda broken atm so now could be a good time to strike and fix the chaos that would cause with the current chaos instead of 2 batches of chaos? Just take the bad tasting medicine all at once and get better quicker?

Just a thought. :wink:

P.S. And maybe that skeleton base model so we don't have the PLUGS on the Skeleton Costume Set anymore?

Well gadfly said, in another thread, the reason they are changing these bases is to resolve specific issues that aren't apparent to people that think they worked fine, or something like that. Now, take that as you will, but sounds like they are planning a slow, but deliberate ground up reboot of Champions now. Is it wishful thinking *shrugs* probably, but God knows we need it as well as new content.

Since, I believe, Arkayne talked about "stealing" things form the other games for Champions, there would probably have to be a lot of underlying things changed, updated and of course fixed to get it ready.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well gadfly said, in another thread, the reason they are changing these bases is to resolve specific issues that aren't apparent to people that think they worked fine, or something like that. Now, take that as you will, but sounds like they are planning a slow, but deliberate ground up reboot of Champions now. Is it wishful thinking *shrugs* probably, but God knows we need it as well as new content.

Since, I believe, Arkayne talked about "stealing" things form the other games for Champions, there would probably have to be a lot of underlying things changed, updated and of course fixed to get it ready.

I would love for this to be true. But without any devs coming out and saying it is true, I will believe what is more likely. They don't know what they are doing.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    I would love for this to be true. But without any devs coming out and saying it is true, I will believe what is more likely. They don't know what they are doing.
    Then by all means, go show them what they're doing wrong. And make money while you're at it!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited June 2015

How long until they give up before actually completing something worthy of results because it didn't bare fruit before letting the damn tree grow up?
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here, have some bugs spotted on the live server. I hope you notice a pattern here.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/PIgx4bu.jpg, Basic Upper Body Armor's muscle normal map is inverted, while pattern texture is not. This can be fixed by reverting the muscle normal map used for females to the version before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/uZN1d81.jpg, The tech ridged pattern is inverted. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/41gmK5P.jpg, The 90s Foxbat tights used on the female upper body have inverted pattern bumpmaps. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/Htx3ulE.jpg, Basic Upper Body Armor's muscle normal map is inverted (2nd example). This can be fixed by reverting the muscle normal map used for females to the version before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/Uic3uC3.jpg, The normal map used for the tube top skin option is inverted. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/SNuQBA0.jpg, The normal map used for the Spec Ops pattern is inverted. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/qv30SbA.jpg, The normal map used for this circle pattern is inverted. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/vJtH0K6.jpg, The normal map used for Clockwork Tights option is inverted. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/yLD530c.jpg, the normal map used for the Tech Banded pattern might be inverted (it's hard to tell I'll admit.) More notably, the half armor used on this character is also clipping around the neck. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/25YcS8i.jpg, The normal map for the Maniac Tank Top skin option is inverted. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/K0GPSwx.jpg, The normal maps for musculature are inverted on Robotic Torso options for females. This can be fixed by reverting the muscle normal map used for females to the version before Variable Robot was included.

Pictured at http://i.imgur.com/rfi7l5l.jpg, Various areas nearby the neck clip with both the Tight Cowl option, and the Armor Basic option for chest wear. This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Bottom line, tell the costume artist to revert the textures and model reference of the female torso back to before the Variable Robot set was released.

This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

This can be fixed by reverting the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

Yes I am going to duplicate that line for every week you don't revert the female upper body model to the version used before Variable Robot was included.

ASK KAISERIN.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited June 2015
    It would have been better to let us know that the model was being changed so we could test it properly on the ptr until it worked rather then releasing it broken/unfinished. The releasing broken 'updates' then patching it later is one of the reasons for the game being where it is now. (*The kitchen sink comes to mind*)
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2015

Ehh, but this explanation is actually quite plausible...

Not saying it's true or not because I'm not a telepath, but it could be true.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nm - seems to be back to scrolling - my bad maybe I was half asleep. move along

Suggestion: AH & SG Roster - fix paging to remove need to scroll each page no matter the window size. Would be a great QOL fix and hopefully fairly easy.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    It's not entirely true, at least I hope it's not. "rebooting" CO is not what we need. "Improving" CO is what we need.

No one's expecting YOU to be a telepath, real life lacks such superpowers.

"Rebooting" may have been a bad choice of word originally. But if they are going in to rework character models for future changes that make the game better, then it is a good thing. Unfortunately we get no communication. So we have no real way of being able to tell if these are just glitches, or models broken due to other work done, or whatever.

and meed, yes I agree it is very plausible, but my comments stem from the inability for this team to accept feedback and suggestions from those here who obviously know much moore about programming and design than myself.

jonsills, no.

• Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't say it's them being unable to accept and feedback or advice on this. I'd say it's more of a gap between when the feedback gets to them and when they get on addressing the concern. They also made it clear that they have a certain amount of time to do this all in, so I'm assuming there's a bit of an issue with time management here.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills, no.
    Hey, I'm just saying, put your money where your mouth is, ya know? I'd have done it already, if I had any applicable skills...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the feedback, folks! We appreciate you taking the time to test this.

We're trying to get the rest of the high-priority bugs fixed before it goes live. A few bugs may still sneak in as we wait on some resources to free up, but keep calling them out if they do.

And thank you very much for the suggestions for improvement. We're switching focus to newer updates, but we'll keep these suggestions in mind for future development.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hopefully you consider the broken female model a high priority problem needing to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to us, Arkayne, and on a Friday no less.

As for your post, could you please elaborate on a few points for me?

high-priority bugs:

resources to free up:

switching focus:

newer updates:

future development:

The reason I ask is because it would be pretty simple for me, or likely a list of others, to turn these points into a very positive or negative narrative...but that would just be speculation. IMO, it would be better to just ask you because you're Arkayne...and so that is what I have done.

Thanks,
    -Cross
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Please don't leave a mess in a hurry to release the next thing. I don't want to return to find that we're waist deep in ugly.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2015

A Test Server forum is not the place to publish Live Server patch notes.
    A Live Server is not the place to test new changes.

When this game launched in 2009, there was no PTS, and Cryptic's way of doing things was to just use the Live server as a testbed. They didn't even have patch notes until we pleaded with them.

Now I want to repeat that pleading: Please, never use your production environment to test things. It negates the purpose of having a Public Test Server.

Please, publish bug fixes to the PTS, then WAIT for feedback to see if it breaks something else. If something does break, don't go live with it.

I cringe every time we're notified about untested changes that are going Live.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    A Test Server forum is not the place to publish Live Server patch notes.
    A Live Server is not the place to test new changes.

When this game launched in 2009, there was no PTS, and Cryptic's way of doing things was to just use the Live server as a testbed. They didn't even have patch notes until we pleaded with them.

Now I want to repeat that pleading: Please, never use your production environment to test things. It negates the purpose of having a Public Test Server.

Please, publish bug fixes to the PTS, then WAIT for feedback to see if it breaks something else. If something does break, don't go live with it.

I cringe every time we're notified about untested changes that are going Live.

I doubt they go that route as a plan. The problem is something can seem fine in a test environment, until it reaches a live environment and code is put under stress. Not to mention many unpredictable variable such as certain unexpected combinations and many other factors.

Even a company that does months of testing still has to have emergency fixes for the unexpected. Yes, even Blizzard.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Spar, wouldn't you agree, however, that if it's staring you in the face on PTS and you have the date detailing it from the playerbase that those types of things should be handled before hitting Live. I mean, yes you are correct that the unforeseen is unforeseen but what about the standing over there on that hill waving a giant banner that says,"I could be problematic. You should probably fix me ASAP," issues?

I get that there are timetables and such which must be adhered to but if the cycles of such things could be extended somewhat, with additional communication, things could, IMO, be handled in a much smoother fashion. Cause, frankly, as it stands now...."At a Future Time" is starting to feel a lil like "Soon(tm)."
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    Spar, wouldn't you agree, however, that if it's staring you in the face on PTS and you have the date detailing it from the playerbase that those types of things should be handled before hitting Live. I mean, yes you are correct that the unforeseen is unforeseen but what about the standing over there on that hill waving a giant banner that says,"I could be problematic. You should probably fix me ASAP," issues?

I get that there are timetables and such which must be adhered to but if the cycles of such things could be extended somewhat, with additional communication, things could, IMO, be handled in a much smoother fashion. Cause, frankly, as it stands now...."At a Future Time" is starting to feel a lil like "Soon(tm)."

Well you either take that they have to adhere to that timetable, or, nothing gets done. Plain and simple. I honestly don't consider reversed texturing a life shattering issue and honestly kind of shocked that is the big game changer for some people. Hell most of my list of bugs I pointed out were fairly minor.

Would I like more to be done, yes, but we have to accept they have limited resources, limited experience and a limited time frame. The fact they even attempted to address issues that weren't even part of the test is testament they are listening and at least trying. That at least renews some of my faith. But hey, this player base has always been famous for one thing *shrugs* damning for whatever the devs do and damning them for whatever they don't do. It's always lose lose in the end, just like when ideas are presented and I get a 6 page essay from someone telling me why to wish to have the game live again is bad, and not even reading what I write anymore.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The tailor and costumes have been this games life blood for a long time now, a lot of people play this game for the customization. I don't consider a broken character model minor. Especially when it is causing the kind of clipping we are seeing now.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the feedback, folks! We appreciate you taking the time to test this.

We're trying to get the rest of the high-priority bugs fixed before it goes live. A few bugs may still sneak in as we wait on some resources to free up, but keep calling them out if they do.

And thank you very much for the suggestions for improvement. We're switching focus to newer updates, but we'll keep these suggestions in mind for future development.

So is this going to turn into another situation where things that are broken and after it was pointed out it still goes live?

Sorry for being snarky, I really am, but it has happened too many times and it really needs to stop.
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I honestly don't consider reversed texturing a life shattering issue and honestly kind of shocked that is the big game changer for some people.

That sort of thing is literally the only reason I'm even still around here. The game will never go anywhere, it's not "coming back", not getting "revamped", etc... We have been told this dozens of times by the developers themselves. Lairs will never be fixed or updated, nemesis will never be worked on, and now, the new art guy is breaking the only thing the game has going for it.

You better believe that f***ing up half the costumes in the game is a life shattering issue, when those costumes are the only thing worth playing the game for anymore for most of the player base.

Remember, these folks are being -paid- to make this stuff and sustain it, and we're -paying- them. This is not a first year college game dev course, this is professional industry work. I at least expect the people working on the game to understand how it works, and what inverted normal maps look like instantly, before they're ever even put into the game. Since this is a model error, it should've been immediately apparent when testing the model in whatever program they use for creating it in the first place

The fact that we, the people paying them, have found what is causing the issue and then also found the solution to that issue, but the person doing the job insists that they invert hundreds of perfectly working textures manually one by one, rather than fix the problem with the torso model... Well, I can't comprehend that. I'm sorry.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    And if that's what you firmly believe then I guess its' time for you to move on. So much wrong in that statement I don't know where to begin.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    And if that's what you firmly believe then I guess its' time for you to move on. So much wrong in that statement I don't know where to begin.

Considering I've got nearly 40 level 40 characters with every combination of useful and useless powers I care to try. Have nearly 9000 hours recorded playing on steam now (thanks a lot, steam). Have taken apart and put the game back together many times to fix things for myself and others. And in that same time, we've heard not much beyond shooting down of hopes for future major/playable content from every dev team that's worked on CO so far since 2011ish.

Yeah, the last three years of basically just costumes as new content with any consistency has lead me to fully believe the game's not making a big comeback. Anyone who actually plays the game on a regular basis could tell you that. Monitoring the player population over a week or two throughout the day. (I'm jobless and don't leave my room, so yes I'm able to play the game constantly enough to see the general ups and downs of online player activity overall.) At peak hours, we've got averages of under a thousand players pretty consistently (and that's with me considering every active zone instance as a full 100 players). In addition, the number of "whales" we have opening thousands of lockboxes clearly pales in comparison to what I've seen in Neverwinter.

So if the corporate overlords are using STO and NW as a basis for how much money CO needs to be making to be considered "more important"... Well, that's a goal likely never going to be reached with a game this old with near zero advertisement besides "word of mouth" from bitter CoXers and mostly toxic CO community folks. Negative feedback is always the loudest feedback, after all.

TL;DR:

I'm perfectly content with a small mission arc once a year or so and costumes on a monthly basis until it's decided the game will be shut down. There's no loss in that. I've got plenty of other games to play for the sake of new and challenging content and/or PvP. *cough* PSO2, Dark souls, Battlefield, Warframe *cough*

Just please, don't break what we've already got, that's all I ask at this point. I don't think that's much to ask, is it?

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    BUG: Players who were in the old tutorial can not exit the new tutorial.
    If a player logged out in the old tutorial, they have no means to exit the new tutorial after Homeland Security beams them over to the new tutorial exit room (with Plato).

You probably would NEVER see this on PTS, because who is going to pay you to hang around the tutorial for the years it takes to make any changes to it? The bug is on Live already and affects at least three of my characters. I stood around the initial block tutorial spot and demo_recorded people not blocking, and then I turned around and found tons of people spawning behind me at Chief Surhoff. Maybe they were bored of fetch quest MMO at some point and logged out, and now they are back for the "New Tutorial" and are screwed after 20 minutes of playing without any understanding of why this happened. That's not going to go over well.

BUG: Graphics outside tutorial exit room windows freaks out.
    Panels of wall in the training rooms outside of the tutorial exit room windows goes black depending on the camera angels. All my settings are on high, and I had someone else confirm this was happening to them as well.
    This is of course on Live also.

BUG: Large rubble geometry glitch behind the Mayor characters can get stuck in.
    Facing the Mayor, to the left at the Ambulance and waterfall is a large pile of rubble that does not reach the ground and leaves a body sized gap for a character to get stuck in. Using /stuck can cause the player to go deeper under the geometry.

These are all sent to bug reports on Live , that I'm pretty sure made it through the system.

This discussion has been closed.