test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20141212.22 Update

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in PTS - The Archive
FC.31.20141212.22 PTS Update

This build should be available on PTS fairly soon, 3/24/2015. We're waiting for the one of the NetOps guys to get back from lunch.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.22:

Foxbat v Defender Lockbox:
  • New lockbox in the Debugger.
  • New items: Movie Defender costume set, new vehicle.
  • We were entertained making this lockbox, and we hope it gets a laugh out of you all.

Note: We're aware that the Imaginary Weapon Skins are still not working. We hope to fix them in a later build.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    FC.31.20141212.22 PTS Update

This build should be available on PTS fairly soon, 3/24/2015. We're waiting for the one of the NetOps guys to get back from lunch.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.22:

Foxbat v Defender Lockbox:
    • New lockbox in the Debugger.
    • New items: Movie Defender costume set, new vehicle.
    • We were entertained making this lockbox, and we hope it gets a laugh out of you all.

Note: We're aware that the Imaginary Weapon Skins are still not working. We hope to fix them in a later build.

again TT......again you posted the on the forums about the patch before the patch went live, so not to come off arrogant or rude or whatever but personally I think it would be a good idea to confirm that the new patch is up before posting that the new patch is up on the forums..helps prevent confusion, disappointment and frustration.

and this time I wasn't too fast on the gun...there were others on the PTS before i got on...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    again TT......again you posted the on the forums about the patch before the patch went live, so not to come off arrogant or rude or whatever but personally I think it would be a good idea to confirm that the new patch is up before posting that the new patch is up on the forums..helps prevent confusion, disappointment and frustration.

and this time I wasn't too fast on the gun...there were others on the PTS before i got on...

Re-read the post.

He does say:

"This build should be available on PTS fairly soon, 3/24/2015. We're waiting for the one of the NetOps guys to get back from lunch."

So it's not as if he said it's up right now.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would also point out that posting notes like this before the build is actually up has been happening since pts was first introduced, you can find similar 'this build will be up shortly' notes from 2010.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Re-read the post.

He does say:

"This build should be available on PTS fairly soon, 3/24/2015. We're waiting for the one of the NetOps guys to get back from lunch."

So it's not as if he said it's up right now.

well thank you for pointing that out....gonna swear that I need glasses for my glasses one of these days...but then again it also points out how easy it is to overlook a little notice like that so maybe colouring them to make em stand out more would help?

so, sorry if I came off as offensive/rude/brash/stupid/drunk/a a tree called fread in my earlier post, but as I just said, i didn't see the notice..speaking of which I would withdraw/remove/empty my earlier post, but I'm willing to take any lash back from posting what i thought at the time was the correct thing to say, so I shall leave it there [unless a forum mod removes it]

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    All good, no worries. I'd rather post the notes before the maintenance than after -- partly so people don't get stuck waiting for me to post it, and, er, because I don't want to forgot to post them. I'd rather put in the ticket for NetOps to push the build and post the notes all at once.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    PTS push should happen shortly.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is up and live. And awesome.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    BUG: Defender chest and leg tights on female lost all patter/teaxture mapping when the material is changed from metal on females

male counterpart works fine though.... >.>

Sf70REZ.png

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question:
    On the mechanical bull vehicle, is Gravity Pulse supposed to emanate roughly from the head of the pilot/character, rather than the bull horns or the metal spike/antenna?
    I'm not that familiar with Gravity Pulse, and the other weapons nicely emanate from other parts of the vehicle.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The vehicle...I...what...I don't know what to think. Also, the costume is neat. Other than the above problem with the females, I see nothing wrong with it,
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    -Lockbox event itself is now active, so it's dropping from enemies and in the Q-Store, and the vignette NPCs are active.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After opening 204 Lockboxes, I got

1 Mechanical Bull vehicle
    5 Legion's packs

Also got some drifter crates and Q crates, plus the usual vendor trash (yes, Merc gear is largely vendor trash these days).

I didn't get the costume piece (Mechanical Bull Mask) once, or the set (Defender 2015).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Defender and Plated Bull Mask Costume parts are Bind on pick up
    What: Other Lockbox costume parts are bind on equip, why is this one different? It means you cannot sell spares should you get multiple copies

Bug: Defender 2015 Left Boot and Left Glove on female defaults to cloth (right defaults to metal)

Suggestion: Add Defender 2015 Chest Wear to Collar (in addition to its current chestwear location) as it feels more like a collar such as Holoforce, or Sci Fi Soldier.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    BoP: Radio's working on that.
    Drop rate: We're pretty sure that's correct, just random being random.

We're not yet sure about the female-Defender texture issue or the not-imaginary weapon skins, not sure whether how we'll handle them. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015

We're not yet sure about the female-Defender texture issue or the not-imaginary weapon skins, not sure whether how we'll handle them. Stay tuned.
    If Invisible weapons prove impractical, I for one would settle for a Psi Holo texture...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    If Invisible weapons prove impractical, I for one would settle for a Psi Holo texture...

Agreed the weapons don't need to be invisible - a Psi or Holo texture will give the same illusion.

A
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Indeed simply giving these weapons Psi or Holohex materials would allow players to determine the 'invisibility level' by selecting darker colors (down to black for invisible).
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    BUG: Defender chest and leg tights on female lost all patter/teaxture mapping when the material is changed from metal on females

male counterpart works fine though.... >.>

Sf70REZ.png

The same thing happens with the scoundrel jacket (not coat) on female models under similar circumstances.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If you ask me, the drop rates for the costumes are way to low.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited March 2015

This would be best, in my personal opinion. I think we need a whole pack of melee weapons in various material options other than metal.

Heck, just the existing weapon geometries in more material options [including the new materials introduced in Psi Dragon and Holoforce] would be ideal.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Invisible weapons could be done by using no object, not sure if they tried that yet.
  • Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    240 boxes unlocked

5 vehicles

0 costumes

• Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    150 lockboxes opened. 1 vehicle. 0 costumes

Bug: Squirrel tail does not obey body sliders.
    Bug: Defender hip gear is not availble in Hips Wear & Gear leg category, only tights, pants categories.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-24_21-26-05.jpg
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-24_21-26-09.jpg

For your viewing pleasure.

Suggestion:

1.) Not sure I care for the low hanging-ness of the mask. Perhaps have another version facing out more?

2.) Can you also unlock this for headwear and eye accessories. It would open up more customization options

3.) WOULD be super cool to have this in all materials. Especially the BRUSHED METAL and the cosmic SHINY METAL.

Champions%20Online_2015-03-24_21-39-58.jpg

Love the helm

1.) Can we also get a couple of versions for this, just like Defender has
    A. Glass eye covers
    B. No Eye covers[
    /COLOR]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-24_21-46-09.jpg

Suggestion:

1.) Boost has a bull sound

2.) Perhaps have a red version.

3.) Have steam coming from nose like the train funnel.

last%20unicorn%20bull%20-%20Google%20Search%20-%20Google%20Chrome_2015-03-24_21-52-02.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I opened 100 lockboxes. No vehicle, no costume. Not RNG being RNG. Something is wrong here.

[CORRECTION]

I have now opened 500 boxes.

On the 411th I got a vehicle for the first time.

Still no costumes
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Seems the drop rate is borked on the lockboxes.
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-24_21-46-09.jpg

Suggestion:

1.) Boost has a bull sound

2.) Perhaps have a red version.

3.) Have steam coming from nose like the train funnel.

last%20unicorn%20bull%20-%20Google%20Search%20-%20Google%20Chrome_2015-03-24_21-52-02.jpg
    I think a certain Punching robot is going to get a steed soon.
    edited March 2015

I did not have either the Defender 2015 Costume or the Plated Bull Mask unlocked on my account.

I then opened 1,000 lockboxes. I did not receive any Defender 2015 Costumes or Plated Bull Masks in my inventory, and neither was mentioned in my Rewards channel.

However, after my lockbox spree, both the Defender 2015 Costume and the Plated Bull Mask were unlocked on my account. My guess is that, instead of dropping into the inventory, the costume pieces are automatically unlocking themselves. If they are already unlocked, rolling them on a lockbox drop does nothing.
  • Options
    radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I did not have either the Defender 2015 Costume or the Plated Bull Mask unlocked on my account.

I then opened 1,000 lockboxes. I did not receive any Defender 2015 Costumes or Plated Bull Masks in my inventory, and neither was mentioned in my Rewards channel.

However, after my lockbox spree, both the Defender 2015 Costume and the Plated Bull Mask were unlocked on my account. My guess is that, instead of dropping into the inventory, the costume pieces are automatically unlocking themselves. If they are already unlocked, rolling them on a lockbox drop does nothing.

This is almost certainly a side effect of this:
    eiledon wrote: »
    Bug: Defender and Plated Bull Mask Costume parts are Bind on pick up
    What: Other Lockbox costume parts are bind on equip, why is this one different? It means you cannot sell spares should you get multiple copies

Because bind on pickup costume pieces unlock instantly when they hit your inventory. You should still have gotten a message in chat and on your HUD, but nobody who opens a thousand boxes is going to see it.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was watching my reward messages -- in 80 boxes I got both costume unlocks, but neither one had a visible message.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is almost certainly a side effect of this:

Because bind on pickup costume pieces unlock instantly when they hit your inventory. You should still have gotten a message in chat and on your HUD, but nobody who opens a thousand boxes is going to see it.

Will this be fixed to NOT BoP?
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh. I was afraid that this was going to be another Defender costume change that adds nothing to the game. But you guys are actually releasing it to us. Strange.

I for one still want invisible weapons through and through. Hope this gets fixed and put on live soon.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Because bind on pickup costume pieces unlock instantly when they hit your inventory.

Please tell us that this is going to be fixed to be BoE instead of BoP.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please tell us that this is going to be fixed to be BoE instead of BoP.

It is. TT already said Radio was working on the problem. I think Radio actually commented on the issue too.

Speaking to the issue with imaginary weapons, if the Devs were willing to spend some more time crafting holoforce/psi holo weapons, I think a weapon set of that nature would work for this problem. After all, with those pieces coloring the item black makes it appear invisible under most circumstances. I'm not sure how existing items would look with those textures though.

Suggestion: Finally got a look at the plated bull mask, it would be ideal for minotaur characters if it had a non metallic/riveted texture. Could we please, please, PLEASE get that?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is. TT already said Radio was working on the problem.

Great, that's good to know :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Non-riveted textures, mask design/category changes, steam/sound for bull vehicle: Possibly in the future, but they're out of scope for this release.

Invisible weapons getting holo-hex, etc: I want these as well, but yeah, they're probably also out of scope for this release. My guess is that we'll end up either fixing and releasing the invisible weapon skins, or delay them and release them someday as an Invisible/Holo/Etc bundle. Just a supposition, though.

This was hugely helpful, thanks a ton for calling this one out. Made it much easier for Radio to figure out what was wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Don't get me wrong, I really, really want Invisible Weapons - the concept for my skunk-man toon, Stinky Pete, would work even better if I could claim he was weaponizing his musk a la Pierre le Pew. If you can get the Invisible Weapons working for this release, I'll be delighted!

And then you can make holo/psi/whatever material skins for all the other weapons later, and sell us that pack in the C-Store... :biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The issue right now is these weapons have random (mostl default) skins. So if we get the holo/psi options in the future it should be available for all weapons and not just one skin type.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't release no Holo Wepons now.
    Just make the Invisible Weapons work.
    Make a Holo Weapons Pack, with multiple Weapon Skins, put it in the C-Store. (the Holo Weapons would still be shooting same bullets as the curret guns?)
    Get some Money.
    Make some Cool Stuff for us with that Money.
    Heck, make Ranged Holo Weapons and Melee Holo Weapons Packs and get even more Money.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Don't release no Holo Wepons now.
    Just make the Invisible Weapons work.
    Make a Holo Weapons Pack, with multiple Weapon Skins, put it in the C-Store. (the Holo Weapons would still be shooting same bullets as the curret guns?)
    Get some Money.
    Make some Cool Stuff for us with that Money.
    Heck, make Ranged Holo Weapons and Melee Holo Weapons Packs and get even more Money.

Seconded. I'd love to see holo weapons, but I'd love it even more if they were the kind of craftsmanship we've seen with the holoforce and psionic dragon sets :)
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Invisible weapons getting holo-hex, etc: I want these as well, but yeah, they're probably also out of scope for this release. My guess is that we'll end up either fixing and releasing the invisible weapon skins, or delay them and release them someday as an Invisible/Holo/Etc bundle. Just a supposition, though.

The invisible weapons don't really have a new skin, and would just be holo/psi versions of what we currently have, could we instead have the invisible weapons fixed and have holo/psi weapons sold as a pack later instead?
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Please delay them then! I'm sure players would rather these weapons be delayed, and be released when we can have them as holo weapons, than miss out on this huge opportunity to add customization to the game from now forward.

No. I'd rather just have the Invisible weapons sooner than later. :T

Edit; I'm not saying dont make holo weapon skins, I'm just saying dont delay imaginary weapons for that purpose.
    edited March 2015
    I would rather have the invisible weapons now with the Foxbatcon event, not in some C-store pack.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Please delay them then! I'm sure players would rather these weapons be delayed, and be released when we can have them as holo weapons, than miss out on this huge opportunity to add customization to the game from now forward.
    I for one would much rather have invisible weapons now, and holographic weapons later, than delay the whole damn thing. As I said, I'd even pay Zen for the holo weapons later.

• Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The keyword was someday, if they were delayed for that, there would be a very good chance we would not have that option for a year, if ever.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I think that's a wonderful plan. If we do indeed get a proper psi/holo weapons pack in the future... just wow.

I'm sure that will make lots of happy campers in these parts. Thanks for the hard work and clear communication/
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Non-riveted textures, mask design/category changes, steam/sound for bull vehicle: Possibly in the future, but they're out of scope for this release.

This was hugely helpful, thanks a ton for calling this one out. Made it much easier for Radio to figure out what was wrong.

What about auras for weapons?

We have the old power replacers but it's flawed with being gear and only working on certain weapons skins.

I would like an additional aura spot just for weapons.