test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In Game Mail Gold Sellers

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
So what are we supposed to do with the regular in game mails of "players" trying to get us to go to that gold selling site? Tired of having to spend every day logging in to delete spammed emails.

Can we just prevent certain mail from being sent if it has the website in it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, look on the bright side, at least our game apparently matters enough to attract gold sellers.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hell prevent mail being sent below level 10. make the buggers work at least 10 mins to send an email.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When I see one of these messages I hit the button that says report spam and it deletes the message and puts the sender on ignore all at once. I get two maybe three of these a day, it is hardly exhausting labor.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You and me both are now on their send lists so they will send this stuff to us either until the game ends or their website expires. I don't want telemarketers harassing me in game every day for the rest of my life. Do you?
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah it kinda sucks... but I deal with telemarketers all the time(seriously all the damn time...) so perhaps it does not bother me as much as it appears to bother you.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    crypticbuxom is annoyed:

You and me both are now on their send lists so they will send this stuff to us either until the game ends or their website expires. I don't want telemarketers harassing me in game every day for the rest of my life. Do you?

While I agree, it's an MMO thing you're not going to be totally rid of (see: history). As far as annoyances go, it's a pretty mild one.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you mean, they only just started sending them to you?
    I've been getting them from the first day we spotted them.
    I don't get them on every day and I just hit the Report spam button.
    I sent a few screenshots of the list of them in the tutorial to TT but he said to send them to CS.
    Haven't heard anything from them, and all I expect to hear is. Unless you have proof of them doing it we can't do anything. Which is where the report spam button comes into it.

Those are not the problem, it's if some idiot decides to buy from them. That encourages them to do it more.

you could always go into the tutorial and accidentally yell out "Buying or selling to gold"sellers will get your account banned"
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I stop receiving those kind of mails for a week, but then it started again

No matter how many I will Mark as Spam, it won't end
    Well, look on the bright side, at least our game apparently matters enough to attract gold sellers.

If that's the kind of thing that CO attracts when they do something Right
    then I prefered CO being Obscure

now I log in and I have 10 Scambot Messages flooding my inbox even when I'm Online

Quality over Quantity
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ladymarrusladymarrus Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Currency sellers are the worst. The best thing that we as a community can do, is not support the purchasing of currency through these sites. Really, that is the only thing that will keep them around, is if they are seeing enough traffic from the user community.

I have seen the traffic from "Coin Sellers" go up exponentially in games that have adopted a F2P model and introduced a paid "loot crate" reward system. You want to see a game that is ravaged by coin sellers, log into SW:TOR... oh boy. You look at the AH over there and the economy has been unbalanced to the point where I'm not sure they will be able to fix it.

Coin Sellers are an inevitable part of the MMO landscape as soon as you have a method of trading currency and items between players, and any kind of mass communication system. If it wasn't emails, it would be in game chat channels.

LM
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    Unless you have proof of them doing it we can't do anything. Which is where the report spam button comes into it.

Which has its limits. And if they want proof look at the tutorial and can spot them right away. Anyone lv 1 with the name like wzsxedcfrvgbh that looks like they just grabbed their cat and dragged it across the keyboard is most likely a bot.

What I do to prevent getting any spammers is take the time to actually look at the tutorial every day that I log on and go put what I believe are the sellers and report spam before they strike. So far what was once getting mail every day from several bots turned to only getting one once a week. Takes time to do yes but least it is my solution so my inbox isn't cluttered with spam.

I also notice they don't show up until the evenings either. I log on in the mornings, tutorial is basically empty. Soon as it gets to times where people are getting off work and the online population increases, they start to show up. Least gives you an idea when to start expecting them to start throwing their message out.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    For the moment, please do keep reporting them to CS. We did a ban wave yesterday, and we're hopeful that that discourages them enough to keep them from coming back, but definitely keep sending in tickets and we'll keep banning them.

If it continues -- which honestly would amaze me, the prices they're charging don't seem like they're sustainable -- then we'll look into other solutions.
  • acrosscatacrosscat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can we just prevent certain mail from being sent if it has the website in it?
    \/\/\/3.MM0C0\/€.c0m - OFFERS AND DOLLARS PRICES HERE - safety guaranteed1

I kid you not. Any kind of a spam filter or message filter will get circumvented within 10 minutes following a maintenance update of the filters which happen weekly. It doesn't work in Neverwinter. It will not work here.

Keep reporting.
    If it continues -- which honestly would amaze me, the prices they're charging don't seem like they're sustainable -- then we'll look into other solutions.

No kidding. We're looking at at least 20 percent margins to in-game prices.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For the moment, please do keep reporting them to CS. We did a ban wave yesterday, and we're hopeful that that discourages them enough to keep them from coming back, but definitely keep sending in tickets and we'll keep banning them.

Is there any way to IP ban the guys?
    edited March 2015
    I doubt it. It's not a bunch of people sitting in an office, I'm sure they're all over the place working out of their homes.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • acrosscatacrosscat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Is there any way to IP ban the guys?

IP bans are generally something you don't do in this day and age of the Internet. IPs tend to get shuffled about, recycled and used again for new customers, static IP is not considered a norm in telecom either. You risk keeping new users out that way, from the way I understand it.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    acrosscat wrote: »
    IP bans are generally something you don't do in this day and age of the Internet. IPs tend to get shuffled about, recycled and used again for new customers, static IP is not considered a norm in telecom either. You risk keeping new users out that way, from the way I understand it.
    Not just that, but there are various ways to circumvent an IP ban even if you have a static IP address. Anyone with a gold farm setup is generally going to be tech savvy enough to use one of several methods to avoid something like this. Many of those methods will also get past an entire continent being denied access.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2015

A lot of the prices I have seen in these mails do not even look good! I mean give me a break. I do not want this stupid Spam to begin with and have NO intention of ever buying from ANY losers of this type but at the very least they should have the decency to make an appealing offer. It is like adding insult to injury.

As for being able to maintain prices though, do keep in mind you may not get what they offer in reality. I mean these guys are not a legit business. Doing business with them is like giving some thief your money. If you tried to sue them for your money back or something then good luck lol.
  • boopea13boopea13 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's surprising, cuz earning the "gold" is pretty easy here. Buyer Beware.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    57 random name characters preemptively report spam on.
    Evening her in Australia. None on this morning.
    They are usually on when I'm on , so look at similar timezones.

ones that look like texting names, I left.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Adding every variation of MM OC ove will help prevent it. If a new filter comes up add another. Making it sound more complicated than it will ever be is a giving up attitude.
    edited March 2015
    Or a "not wasting time" attitude. Any block you can come up with, they'll find a way around almost immediately. It's not like these are "rookies" (or, I assume not). These places are generally quite experienced at this sort of thing.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited March 2015
    Or a "not wasting time" attitude. Any block you can come up with, they'll find a way around almost immediately. It's not like these are "rookies" (or, I assume not). These places are generally quite experienced at this sort of thing.

Rookies, maybe not. Know how to speak English? Probably not either. Have you read some of these things? I feel like who ever is behind these bots told their 5 year old kid to write the messages out or had a very bad translator to English.

The only language they need to know is the website and the $$$.

"Embrace your dreams"

edited March 2015
    Aren't these kinds of things traditionally out of China and Korea? I've never seen any anywhere that didn't reek of "doesn't speak English".
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    Aren't these kinds of things traditionally out of China and Korea? I've never seen any anywhere that didn't reek of "doesn't speak English".

Mostly yes, but have seen gold sellers from other countries as well. Sometimes get that slip of the tongue and they say a word spoken in their countries language when sending out their messages. Seen Russian and German gold sellers before.

"Embrace your dreams"