What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes for 1/22/15

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited January 2015 in Release Notes
Release notes for 1/22.

Resource Cap:
-All Silver players have had their resource cap increased to 500G.
-New C-Store item available for 500 ZEN to increase the Silver resource cap to 200,000G.
-Due to technical necessities as part of this change, Gold subscribers have had their resource cap decreased to 200,000, from about 250k.

Learn more about this change in this blog.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stanff9stanff9 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015

-Due to technical necessities as part of this change, Gold subscribers have had their resource cap decreased to 200,000, from about 250k.

soo people with more then 200k lose a few G's i gues then.?

Or will they keep the money but cant obtain more

so when will we get our old drops back :wink:
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh yes! Finally! Now I can buy stuff from the AH :D

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    stanff9 wrote: »
    soo people with more then 200k lose a few G's i gues then.?

Or will they keep the money but cant obtain more

They lose the excess money. Of course, the only person I can think of that this would affect is Bacon Overlord.

I'm pretty jelly at his wallet. He can have the max amount while I struggle to hang on to 100g. Scratch that actually, I don't even have 10g to hang on to!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stanff9stanff9 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well i am still happy for the silver players.. i do know a lot of friends that become happy becouse of this.

so when will we get our old drops back :wink:
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So to not affect gold players, Cryptic couldn't just make the z-store purchase go up to 250 instead of 200?
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Some folks are missing the point... 200k that you can hold on one toon... you can have more than that.

Hideouts, SG Banks, multiple toons... so it's not a loss to gold players, it's just an improvement to silver players! :biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sensei Turtle.. please please.. test you Llama trainers on server drops.. its hard to get past the opening credits and do anything

the old original cap was 250g for silver and millions millions for Subs prior to F-2_p btw
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So to not affect gold players, Cryptic couldn't just make the z-store purchase go up to 250 instead of 200?

the precise amount of the former cap was 214,748G 36N 47L (TT was just rounding up somewhat).

2,147,483,647 is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. so it seems like the previous cap was simply due to no maximum being set and in order to implement the silver global cap item they have had to set a value for maximum.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015

If they had gone higher than the old cap, they would have hit the highest value you can store in a signed 32-bit integer. They could have gone unsigned, or used a 64-bit int, but changing types on core data structures is very dangerous business in a production system. Rounding down and adding bounds-checking is much safer and easier to manage in code. And as others have said, unless you're Bacon Overlord, you're not part of the target audience. :wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    someone mentioned to me that other than the item showing as purchased in the cstore, there is no confirmation in chat that the global cap unlock has been applied. perhaps for the sake of completeness and giving people peace of mind a message to chat might be an idea.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    the precise amount of the former cap was 214,748G 36N 47L (TT was just rounding up somewhat).

2,147,483,647 is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. so it seems like the previous cap was simply due to no maximum being set and in order to implement the silver global cap item they have had to set a value for maximum.

Burf. I may have misremembered the old cap, then.

someone mentioned to me that other than the item showing as purchased in the cstore, there is no confirmation in chat that the global cap unlock has been applied. perhaps for the sake of completeness and giving people peace of mind a message to chat might be an idea.

Not an awful idea. I'll pass it on, see whether it's feasible.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    deadman20 wrote: »
    They lose the excess money. Of course, the only person I can think of that this would affect is Bacon Overlord.

I'm pretty jelly at his wallet. He can have the max amount while I struggle to hang on to 100g. Scratch that actually, I don't even have 10g to hang on to!

A loud, window shattering cry can be heard in the distance as Bacon loses funny money.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You know, they did warn us in last week about the incoming cap for gold players.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    smurgledsmurgled Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kemmicals wrote: »
    A loud, window shattering cry can be heard in the distance as Bacon loses funny money.

He knows about it, he answered on the first announcement thread
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015

If they had gone higher than the old cap, they would have hit the highest value you can store in a signed 32-bit integer. They could have gone unsigned, or used a 64-bit int, but changing types on core data structures is very dangerous business in a production system. Rounding down and adding bounds-checking is much safer and easier to manage in code. And as others have said, unless you're Bacon Overlord, you're not part of the target audience. :wink:

I messed up. I was thinking 200 G not 200,000 G. I was seeing the 200k as in 200,000 from the L not the G part and thought "we're getting screwed". lol Now 200,000 Globals yes I am no where near that so nvm what I said.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How much would a Global cap increase cost me, in zen? I currently do not have CO installed and it would be great if somebody could answer my silly question. (thx in advance)
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The increase costs 500 Zen.
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    500zen for account wide, so all your characters get it.
    3f929831-d0e0-4b9d-aa2b-28877c351112_zpsgsnq9bpu.jpg
    [font="title-I'm as sane as any.."][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!