test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weekly Discount Aura Slots (3). Only 20% off?

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
Wasn't the advertised Black Friday sale 50% off? You know, the one that was poorly handled and the email for it was sent the day after it actually happened.

But, yeah. I'll pass on this.

I would be more than happy to indulge if the mistake was made up for.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    My point was that I would have already given them my money for the 50% sale if it was properly advertised. Now they get none.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the november one? seemed to be advertised as any other sale on arc.

but if you need a reason not to spend money who am i to argue.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    the november one? seemed to be advertised as any other sale on arc.

but if you need a reason not to spend money who am i to argue.

thought he was already one of those, "won't buy auras until they unlock for all your characters" people.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Aura slots are different because there are plenty of earned and lockbox auras in game that I could use the extra slots for. Its like individual costume slots. I still haven't bought any auras.

Now if auras packs were sold for $2 each I'd consider buying them in their current implementation.

And the November email arrived the day after it happened which wasn't exclusive to my email.

Its like none of you actually read the forums except for the posts that entirely agree with your own opinion.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wish they would do sales on stuff more usefull >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To be honest, I thought the best thing about the aura changes was that I didn't have to have one anymore on most of my characters. It's a semi-rarity when I even use them, now.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well I bite and bought 5 of them for 5 Specific characters, I missed the Black Friday 50% Discount anyway, not that I cared since i got the 50% on 6 FF slots

BUT Then you have to buy AURAs from z store, specific auras for specific characters, and some of the Z store auras are horrible (like Vibration Aura set which is barely working, that was 5 Euros wasted)

I came to conclusion that not many of my characters really need more than 1 aura
    Aura slots are different because there are plenty of earned and lockbox auras in game that I could use the extra slots for. Its like individual costume slots. I still haven't bought any auras.

Not really, most of the Lockbox auras are quite crappy or very specific (and some of them don't even work, isn't that right [Footprints Aura]?

I found [Critical Effect: Visualizer] the only good aura and I use it on the majority of my Melee characters, along with their Legacy aura
    nepht wrote: »
    I wish they would do sales on stuff more usefull >_>

Like what exactly? Too be honest not many stuff in Z store are useful (if you exlude the Cosmetic Value)

Services Item need to be more often on sale
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To be honest, I thought the best thing about the aura changes was that I didn't have to have one anymore on most of my characters. It's a semi-rarity when I even use them, now.

I agree. Though I have "On Combat" auras on some of my heroes, I usually go with subtle ones, or "Hands" only. In general, I loved when passives didn't have to have an aura anymore.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Now if auras packs were sold for $2 each I'd consider buying them in their current implementation.

And the November email arrived the day after it happened which wasn't exclusive to my email.

Its like none of you actually read the forums except for the posts that entirely agree with your own opinion.

Righhhht....

So just that we are all clear on here....

You won't buy any of the auras because they don't unlock on all toons.

BUT

You'll buy the slots they go in, as long as it's 50% off (which also unlocks one per toon) and Cryptic has to send you a notice they are by first class mail on a unicorn, so that you can use the few crappy in-game auras.

Why don't you say your just cheap? I think we all can relate more to that.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think it's a "cheap" thing. Petty and grumpy, maybe, but not really cheap.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hell yes I'm grumpy.

Its one thing being angry about something stupid. Its entirely another being angry about greed.

There was no reason auras were made into what they were other than some chump in accounting was too greedy.

I'll buy aura slots because there are plenty of free ones in game to use. Aura sets I won't touch until they either change them into the way the devs originally wanted or they no longer bind.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    50% discount made sense because it was a Black Friday sale. High discount rates are expected during Black Friday. It doesn't make sense to expect them to offer the same discount outside of Black Friday.

I don't know anything about a late email promoting the Black Friday discount, but I didn't need to check my email to find out about the discount during the day it happened.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The people who aren't in the game every hour of the day need to know about sales too. Otherwise there simply isn't a point. A large enough chunk of buyers didn't even know about the Black Friday sale until Saturday because of the late delay.

Why are you guys even trying to justify that a large chunk of emails weren't sent out until the day after?
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I guess anyone who were left out with the late email notice can request for a one-time rebate to make up for the missed discount sale.

It wasn't necessary to be ingame "every hour of the day" to learn of the discount. Considering that Black Friday offers are expected everywhere, anyone could just stop by CO's site or launcher to learn of it.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    avianos wrote: »

Like what exactly? Too be honest not many stuff in Z store are useful (if you exlude the Cosmetic Value)

Services Item need to be more often on sale

You only half seen the sarcasm. Its an improvement though.

well-done.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I guess anyone who were left out with the late email notice can request for a one-time rebate to make up for the missed discount sale.

The last time players asked for something of that nature they were laughed at and slapped on their way out.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2015
    FWIW, we did send the email at the start of Black Friday. I know some people reported not receiving it right away, and I honestly have no idea what could cause that -- only thing I can think of is that scheduling it to send on Friday morning (instead of our normal process, just hitting send) could cause it. Or possibly that there were a zillion other emails being sent and clogging the tubes.

Either way, I'm sorry that you didn't get the notification at that time. The overall thrust of the thread is correct, we do deep discounts on Black Friday, but weekly sales are at 20%.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I get marketing emails from PWE on two separate email accounts, and one of them always gets the mail much later (like maybe 8 hours, could be a lot less, never bothered to really look) than the other. I always assumed they were sent out in waves.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I ticked No.
    No emails.
    3f929831-d0e0-4b9d-aa2b-28877c351112_zpsgsnq9bpu.jpg
    [font="title-I'm as sane as any.."][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!