test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Wiki

Comments

• mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    7 hours later, I'm done with the frameworks. I just have a bit of cleaning up to do on the code for em, and I'll be able to move on to the power details.

You guys better know how much I love y'all, that was a pain in the butt.

Really great job on that. How exactly are you planning to show their base damage and more in depth details such as that? Also I don't know what would be possible but if needed I could record a bunch of super short video's of every single power in the game for visuals reference. I'm just thinking of the silver players that can't see all these powers and just by seeing numbers and stuff wouldn't know what it actually is.

But yeah if you need anything like that just say and I'll get onto recording / rendering / uploading them to youtube. :)

Also I'm pretty sure I remember taser arrow was affected from my old stun lock pvp build however I could be wrong on that.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Font shrinkage and creative usage of tables and templates. I'm trying to keep the site easily readable, as an accessibility thing, but for the powers pages that goal might go out the window a bit so it's not a huge wall of text. I made the page elastic to give myself some more working room, since the final design is going to be elastic anyway. I plan on having all of the details the old wiki did, plus extra info based on parses for the actual DPS the powers put out.

If you wanted to record videos of the powers in use, I'd definitely add them. Screen shots don't do a lot of them justice, and for thematic building it'd be pretty awesome to have actual in game footage of the powers being used. If you wanted to do that, I sure as heck wouldn't turn it down, since my ability to capture video at the moment is apparently rather limited.

I want to again point out, for the record, that the design it currently has *is* temporary. I'm slowly fine tuning it as needs dictate, but this isn't what the finished product will look like. Functionally, it'll behave the same, but the appearance will be quite a bit different by the time I'm done. :biggrin:

After I get the power details up, I might go back in and add activation types for the powers under the framework pages. Knowing at a glance if it's a combo, maintain, charge, etc... Might help some builders, so I do intend to include that information at some point.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    If you wanted to record videos of the powers in use, I'd definitely add them. Screen shots don't do a lot of them justice, and for thematic building it'd be pretty awesome to have actual in game footage of the powers being used. If you wanted to do that, I sure as heck wouldn't turn it down, since my ability to capture video at the moment is apparently rather limited.

I'll get onto it then. I think it'll be especially important on things like the ultimate powers with their super over the top effects that most likely a lot of new players or even some who have been here for a few years may not of seen before. Especially the silver AT players who may be debating getting a FF slot or going gold.

I don't see why people don't use a lot of them more often, they not only look cool but they can be pretty viable if used right.
    edited August 2014
    True story, I've been here for ages and I've never even seen the MA ultimate. Finally saw Mind Link for the first time a month or 2 ago.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    True story, I've been here for ages and I've never even seen the MA ultimate. Finally saw Mind Link for the first time a month or 2 ago.

No way you've never seen that one? You're making me want to use it on a PvP build even more. If only unbreakable didn't exist in the game so that smaller damage ticks were more viable in PvP. :< It's such cool effects.
    edited August 2014
    Nope, lol that's like the one power in game that seems to basically be bigfoot. Yeah, there are legends of it existing. Hell if I've ever seen one.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just want to say congratulations on how quickly you're putting this all together, and bravo to you for being willing to put in the work. It is appreciated. :biggrin:
    edited August 2014
    I appreciate that. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    Nope, lol that's like the one power in game that seems to basically be bigfoot. Yeah, there are legends of it existing. Hell if I've ever seen one.

I'll get onto recording the ultimates first then. :D
    edited August 2014
    Nice! :D

10char
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Louisasbrain_zps05b93ebc.png
    I had to fill in the blank area.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    Louisasbrain_zps05b93ebc.png
    I had to fill in the blank area.

33a4855.jpg

Ye olde photoshoppe magick.
    edited August 2014
    So here are the ultimate power videos. (t4)

Check out that Fury of the Dragon man, how could of you not seen those effect before? :D

They power actually hit s pretty average damage compared to how bad people think it is. The problem with it is that it doesn't work with focus like is says it should (like how UR works with enrage). This means that you may as well just make a strength build and use enrage with it but then you may as well use UR instead unless you want it for theme / how cool it looks. If it increased based off your focus stacks like it says it'd be a very valuable power and it'd also make focus a good choice to use.
    edited August 2014
    That's pretty boss. Also, good to know, I'm trying to include known bugs, which is a project in and of itself. The lack of focus scaling might be why I've never seen it. O_o
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's pretty boss. Also, good to know, I'm trying to include known bugs, which is a project in and of itself. The lack of focus scaling might be why I've never seen it. O_o
    Well, it could have focus scaling and still be a gimp power. It's not like people use energy storm, mind link, or planar fracture either, and even implosion engine and unleashed rage are questionable.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've got a character that uses Fury of the Dragon. It's... okay. The real problem I have with it, though is that the targeting is weird - sometimes it seems to aim based on which way the character is pointed. Sometimes it seems to aim based on which way the camera is pointed. And the cone doesn't move once you start casting, so if it's off (or someone drags the target(s) away), you're just out of luck.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    I've got a character that uses Fury of the Dragon. It's... okay. The real problem I have with it, though is that the targeting is weird - sometimes it seems to aim based on which way the character is pointed. Sometimes it seems to aim based on which way the camera is pointed. And the cone doesn't move once you start casting, so if it's off (or someone drags the target(s) away), you're just out of luck.

the other problem is you cant recolor it
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    FotD scales w/ Focus.. just really, really poorly compared to UR (~4% +dmg /stack of Focus, from my testing).

That gives me a weird idea for a mini-build (cd-based ofc):

Powers:
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 8: Scything Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Fury of the Dragon (Rank 2, Real Ultimate Power)
    Level 17: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 20: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Ran 3)
    Level 23: Thunderbolt Lunge
    Level 26: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 29:
    Nanobot Swarm (Rank 2, Rejuvinating Injectors)

FotD stackin em Bleedz, then tab around w/ Reaper's Embrace to quickly rupture them all. Whee..

(in practice: not so great, cause FotD's reach is not good and ya may get 1-3 bleeds per target on full use.. SMG Burst is better, but w/e FLAMEY DARGON OF FRIENDSHIP).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Check out that Fury of the Dragon man, how could of you not seen those effect before? :D

I can honestly say that out of all those, the only ones I know I've seen are Unleashed Rage and Implosion Engine.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2014
    I've used Planar Fracture a bit, and have seen a few others using it (as evidenced by the bright rift obscuring the boss :x ). Its fun, and I adore its casting anim.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have Unleashed Rage on one toon. I've also seen that and Implosion Engine used many times. Planar Fracture I've seen sometimes.

I've not seen any other Tier 4 powers outside of my testing them out on the PTS.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Heh, been saying since VB hit PTS that all you need is Planar Fracture and a Trench Coat and you have....

SUPAH FLASHA! :biggrin:

Also, in regards to FoTD, I recall the largest complaint on the forums(for that time) were people who wanted a Zero Point Advantage/Dropdown Window Option to switch to a more "Eastern Style" dragon which would have matched better with the Martial Arts Powerset. I'm not saying I subscribe to this particular issue or not...just that this was one of the larger complaints at the time.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited August 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    Also, in regards to FoTD, I recall the largest complaint on the forums(for that time) were people who wanted a Zero Point Advantage/Dropdown Window Option to switch to a more "Eastern Style" dragon which would have matched better with the Martial Arts Powerset. I'm not saying I subscribe to this particular issue or not...just that this was one of the larger complaints at the time.

Yup trust us CO players to get our priorities right! :D

I'll get onto recording some more powers ASAP.
    edited August 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    Heh, been saying since VB hit PTS that all you need is Planar Fracture and a Trench Coat and you have....

SUPAH FLASHA! :biggrin:

great, now a cool thing has been dirty-fied :p

'and it wasn't the bright rift that blinded them..'
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At this point in time...would it be wise to give a lil feedback on tags on the wiki? Or should that be left to a later date?
    edited August 2014
    Totally. I'm gonna be cleaning em up anyway.

Tiny break here, I'm reinstalling my tools. Some of these tables are gonna be pretty intense, I'd rather hook em up in dreamweaver for templates, rather than having to build them all by hand.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Totally. I'm gonna be cleaning em up anyway.

Tiny break here, I'm reinstalling my tools. Some of these tables are gonna be pretty intense, I'd rather hook em up in dreamweaver for templates, rather than having to build them all by hand.

Telekinesis Power set

- Ego Reverberation is missing as the sets energy unlock

- Manipulator Form is classed as an Energy Unlock instead of a Toggle

- Telekinetic Maelstrom is tagged with the Buff tag. It doesn't buff anything, only deals EGO/Crushing Damage + Stuns.

- Telekinetic Wave is tagged with the Buff tag . It doesn't buff anything.

- Telekinetic Burst is tagged with the Buff and Debuff tag. It's only a 50ft Ranged damage with an AoE (15ft around primary target? I'll have to check) power.

- Telekinetic Assault is tagged as a Buff. Should be ranged damage only

Telepathy Power set

- Mental Storm, Mental Leech and Shadow of Doubt are incorrectly tagged as interrupt powers. (Nothing in telepathy interrupts)

- Mental Leech is missing the debuff tag

Concentration seems to be missing...This is what I have for now...I'll have more after I finish testing!
    edited August 2014
    Telekinesis Power set

- Ego Reverberation is missing as the sets energy unlock

- Manipulator Form is classed as an Energy Unlock instead of a Toggle

Fixed
    - Telekinetic Maelstrom is tagged with the Buff tag. It doesn't buff anything, only deals EGO/Crushing Damage + Stuns.

- Telekinetic Wave is tagged with the Buff tag . It doesn't buff anything.

- Telekinetic Burst is tagged with the Buff and Debuff tag. It's only a 50ft Ranged damage with an AoE (15ft around primary target? I'll have to check) power.

- Telekinetic Assault is tagged as a Buff. Should be ranged damage only

Ego leech. I was 50/50 with considering that to be a buff anyway, but it technically causes quite a few effects depending on the build. We'll debate that, yeah? TK burst applies Disorient.
    Telepathy Power set

- Mental Storm, Mental Leech and Shadow of Doubt are incorrectly tagged as interrupt powers. (Nothing in telepathy interrupts)

- Mental Leech is missing the debuff tag

Yeah, I was working off of tooltips and what I could find online. Figured you'd clarify that for me, so thanks :D.

Concentration seems to be missing...This is what I have for now...I'll have more after I finish testing!

D'oh! They were tossed in as part of my "wall of code" day 2 days ago. I was hoping I got everything, but I guess I missed one. I gotta go back over it for code reasons (the earlier code is rough. So very rough.) so I'll be clarifying a lot of it then. If you find anything, either let me know or feel free to change it. Check your email.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey, Who's idea was it to add the link to - The Old CO Wiki Archive?

Good choice. - 11th-Doctor-bowtiesarecool-002a.jpg

And yes, I check it every day. Sometime twice.

{ looks down at feet }

That's a lie. I check I check it twice an hour.

{ looks up excitedly }

At least I stop refreshing the page every ten seconds like I was doing all day on day one!

{ you feel a strong erg to back away slowly and inform the authorities }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited August 2014
    We can 100% blame Jasin for that, although it is a great one. :D

Right now we're in a bit of a cooldown while I get more stuff built to actually make the power pages. It might look like we froze for a day or 2, but expect a big push here pretty soon.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    i added a few extra categories in so we have a place to put event stuff for all the excitement coming up. once we get the power template the team gets to get going.
  • valdariousvaldarious Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can I ask where this might be hosted? The only reason that I do ask is because every time I try to go to your page while I am at work, nothing happens. I can not get the page to even show that something is really loading.
    I might have initially knocked it off as being blocked here but not many things are blocked here and I am not getting a blocked notification.
    I do most of my researching while I am at work and mostly just play the game when I am at the house.

Veteran from 2009 recently returned to the fray.
    edited August 2014
    valdarious wrote: »
    Can I ask where this might be hosted? The only reason that I do ask is because every time I try to go to your page while I am at work, nothing happens. I can not get the page to even show that something is really loading.
    I might have initially knocked it off as being blocked here but not many things are blocked here and I am not getting a blocked notification.
    I do most of my researching while I am at work and mostly just play the game when I am at the house.

try changing your DNS to google DNS
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    there is no reason that where its hosted should matter.
    its hosted on the west coast of USA
  • valdariousvaldarious Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cant change DNS settings at work. Where it is hosted does matter if it were to be hosted in Asia. I have had problems with connecting to sites from Asia before.

Veteran from 2009 recently returned to the fray.
    edited August 2014
    try this
    its a proxy to the wiki, don't do your banking from it though.
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    morigosa wrote: »

I was going to say that I knew of someone who ... oh well nvm.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    FotD scales w/ Focus.. just really, really poorly compared to UR (~4% +dmg /stack of Focus, from my testing).

That gives me a weird idea for a mini-build (cd-based ofc):

Powers:
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 8: Scything Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Fury of the Dragon (Rank 2, Real Ultimate Power)
    Level 17: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 20: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Ran 3)
    Level 23: Thunderbolt Lunge
    Level 26: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 29:
    Nanobot Swarm (Rank 2, Rejuvinating Injectors)

FotD stackin em Bleedz, then tab around w/ Reaper's Embrace to quickly rupture them all. Whee..

(in practice: not so great, cause FotD's reach is not good and ya may get 1-3 bleeds per target on full use.. SMG Burst is better, but w/e FLAMEY DARGON OF FRIENDSHIP).

And throw venomous breath with the adv in? They're both cones...

They power actually hit s pretty average damage compared to how bad people think it is. The problem with it is that it doesn't work with focus like is says it should (like how UR works with enrage). This means that you may as well just make a strength build and use enrage with it but then you may as well use UR instead unless you want it for theme / how cool it looks. If it increased based off your focus stacks like it says it'd be a very valuable power and it'd also make focus a good choice to use.

Hm.. planar fracture does ... more damage than I expected. Might have to look into that for toons where UR makes absolutely no sense (mages?!)

On a totally unrelated topic, what's your backup strategy/plan for the wiki? Having dealt with sites before, "I don't have one" and "I store all my backups locally with the same host" are not acceptable answers. :p
    edited August 2014
    both taco and i will back up the wiki
    ive got a terabyte on onedrive and plenty of physical storage.
    edited August 2014
    Yep. Already kinda have on a lot of it.

Still bashing my head against the infoboxes. These things are a pain in the @$$, and power pages don't look right without em.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    oh and taco i added a 1tb to your onedrive storage
    edited August 2014
    Neat!

Hey, got the infoboxes going. I'm gonna call em as simple templates, for sanity's sake, but the last hurdle for setting up power pages is complete. That was a bastard, 2 days of research and prep for something that in the end actually only takes about 5 minutes to build. Now I just gotta configure em and we'll be good to go. I'm gonna set up a default power page here pretty soon, so we can get this started.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=User:Eviltaco

Progress! Still building by hand, as dreamweaver's being a monkeyfriender for plug and play right now, and I wanted to finish a basic framework quickly. But, got the templates going for the power pages. 's all good to go, plug and play now. I'll bang out a quick tutorial if it's needed, for those involved. Should be pretty straight to the point, though.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ok, that was odd. seeing a part of the food power set.
    that was a funny thread
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited August 2014
    mysticism and martial arts powers have templates in place, wiki team get to filling them in :)
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You guys are far better community than Cryptic deserves.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited August 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    You guys are far better community than Cryptic deserves.

maybe, but cryptic north is doing a decent job, an amazing job for how many they are.
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=User:Eviltaco

Progress! Still building by hand, as dreamweaver's being a monkeyfriender for plug and play right now, and I wanted to finish a basic framework quickly. But, got the templates going for the power pages. 's all good to go, plug and play now. I'll bang out a quick tutorial if it's needed, for those involved. Should be pretty straight to the point, though.

Tutorial would be helpful. I'm not good with wiki markup, but usually copy what's already there.
    edited August 2014
    we have a powers template in place. so you can just alter what's there :)
    edited August 2014
    ok every power has a template page up
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Extra super awesome, guys/girls.

But, could you pretty please change the aqua?blue to a Champions blue, the darker one.
    Thanks. Keep on rollin'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I'll sort that. Again, the framework for the layout is hella temporary. I plan on making it more comic-booky when I get the powers filled in and such. Thankfully, that one'll be a quick fix. I'll see if I can sort that specific issue tomorrow or something.

Got the full electric set done today. I'd rather not mention how long that took. I cribbed the data off the old wiki (with permission, and because I'm pretty sure it's GPL anyway) but electricity hasn't changed a bit. I'll be doing passes as we go, though, to make sure the info is accurate. I did mention, as well, that I'll be running parses to see the actual dps they throw out. That plan has not been scrapped, it'll pop up later, as will the videos for the powers themselves so people can see what they actually look like. right now, it's just a matter of integrating them in a visually appealing manner.

Yes, I can put together a quick tutorial. I'll get on that tomorrow, but it's pretty straight forward. It's all plug and play, as far as numbers are concerned. You don't gotta worry too much about adding the tags to it, I can go through and clean up all of the periods and commas later. After all of the info for the powers is pushed, I plan on going through the entire thing with a fine toothed comb anyway. I've got some redundant strings and sloppy code, as a result of banging this all out as fast as possible.

Sorry about the delay, y'all. I wanted to play with the double XP this weekend. Regular updates will continue now.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine