test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding

exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
3 days ago i was playing CO like normal with no issues at all then i went to bed. Next day after work im logging to CO and i start to notice my game is loading for strangely long time... then it just stopped loading at 2/3 of the bar and i got the msg server not responding then disconnected... i thoguht to myself that i probably have to restart my router so i did... same thing: the game cannot load at all! I tried tracert to the patchserver to see wheres the problem and i got the request timed out on the 3rd hop and a few unstable connections on the last 2-3hops! I tried it all ! Disableing my firewall, making new rules, allowing connections... disableing my anti-virus, updateing my windows and NOTHING WORKED....NOTHING! Then yesterday the game actually loaded and i had around 200ping(its normal for north american servers) then i went into an alert and when i came back i had over 1k ping then server not responding msg then disconnect... everything was normal 3days ago what happened?! Im sure its not on my end because i tried every other online game and my connection was fluent! Everything is fine except for my CO connection idk what to do! I wrote a ticket to tech support about the issue(They responded THE SAME DAY O_O...MIND...BLOWN) and the guy tried to help me but with no progress at all! If anyone is having the same issue and found a fix pls post it!
Post edited by exonik0pwe on

Comments

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've had the issues too, but they seem intermittent. I can connect to a bunch of other MMOs, only CO seems to be having issues.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    had that yesterday, between 5-6pm or 6-7pm. (GMT +8)
    trying to fight megaterak and getting serial SNR's. one would stop and I would still be frozen then the next would start.
    did it in an alert
    and in another mission, then thankfully stopped.
    I basically had to log right out of the game.
    I get hit with it every so often, no idea why since it's summer/winter, day /night.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\pc>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 20 ms 23 ms 30 ms 87-126-71-254.btc-net.bg [87.126.71.254]
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 27 ms 26 ms 27 ms 212.39.69.225
    5 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms sfia-b2-link.telia.net [213.248.85.217]
    6 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms prag-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.133.212]
    7 72 ms 71 ms 71 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [62.115.139.217]
    8 73 ms 73 ms 68 ms ffm-b12-link.telia.net [213.155.135.11]
    9 73 ms 73 ms 166 ms be100.agr21.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.14
    .89]
    10 130 ms 130 ms 73 ms be2184.ccr41.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.4
    8.70]
    11 79 ms 118 ms 80 ms be2261.ccr41.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.37
    .29]
    12 103 ms 88 ms 115 ms be2182.ccr21.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.77
    .246]
    13 * 151 ms 150 ms be2386.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44
    .161]
    14 151 ms 150 ms 150 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42
    ]
    15 163 ms 161 ms 161 ms 38.111.40.114
    16 156 ms 156 ms 158 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\pc>
    edited August 2014
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\pc>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 20 ms 23 ms 30 ms 87-126-71-254.btc-net.bg [87.126.71.254]
    3 * * * Request timed out.

Theres the problem.. the 3rd hop.
  • werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's more likely that hop is configured not to reply to PINGs. If it was really causing an issue, there wouldn't be any other successful hops after that one.

Some admins setup their devices to ignore PING requests as a form of defense against DDOS attacks.
    edited August 2014
    werx138 wrote: »
    It's more likely that hop is configured not to reply to PINGs. If it was really causing an issue, there wouldn't be any other successful hops after that one.

Some admins setup their devices to ignore PING requests as a form of defense against DDOS attacks.

Funny.. tech support was positive this was the problem..
  • eddarkflameeddarkflame Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been getting the same issue for the last few days. My other games work just fine, and my connection is alright as well, it's just CO where I keep getting SRN messages often. That is, after trying to log into the game in the first place, which is now taking about a good hour or so.
    edited August 2014
    Im getting a more powerful internet connection soon with new cable n new router ill post if anything changes. Btw yesterday i waited for the 2/3 loading screen to... load and when it actually did and i went ingame n i /netgraph 1 real quick n got 19k ping xD
    edited August 2014
    exonik0pwe wrote: »
    Im getting a more powerful internet connection soon with new cable n new router ill post if anything changes. Btw yesterday i waited for the 2/3 loading screen to... load and when it actually did and i went ingame n i /netgraph 1 real quick n got 19k ping xD

Nevermind that my isp is telling me its not on my end and changing my plan wont change anything
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    there are lots of internet nodes between your ISP and Cryptic/PWE's ISP. All it takes is for one of those hops to be having an issue and your connection goes to hell. It can be something not even related to Cryptic - a thunderstorm takes out a particular route resulting in your internet taking a more circuitous journey to reach cryptic. And this can often be enough to give you SNR errors as the client doesnt receive server messages as often as it expects.
    edited August 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    there are lots of internet nodes between your ISP and Cryptic/PWE's ISP. All it takes is for one of those hops to be having an issue and your connection goes to hell. It can be something not even related to Cryptic - a thunderstorm takes out a particular route resulting in your internet taking a more circuitous journey to reach cryptic. And this can often be enough to give you SNR errors as the client doesnt receive server messages as often as it expects.

The problem persists 2weeks now :D ur telling me they cant fix a fkin cable? :D
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem persists 2weeks now :D ur telling me they cant fix a fkin cable? :D

who?

your isp
    your local telephone company
    any isp or internet node between you and california.
    edited August 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    who?

your isp
    your local telephone company
    any isp or internet node between you and california.

There are 16 hops between me and California :) so thats 16 different IPs from which 6 are from my country and im not getting any problems from them. I have a problem with 1 IP that times out and they cant fix that? Heck, i live in eastern europe and even here they fix stuff faster :D
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been having the same issue, and there's really not a hell of a lot between me and Cali. With 5 megs down, I shouldn't be getting SNRs.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    *Bump* Problem still persists *Bump*
  • coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had a similar issue and though it's bad this morning, it mostly got resolved with the following advice from PWE Support:

"- First, shut down your PC, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on.
    - Next, run the game launcher, click Options
    - Check 'Force verify' and 'Safe Mode'
    - Click Save
    - Kindly wait for it to complete as it will take some time."

Then:

"Thank you for the information. I understand that you are trying to connect from Canada but can you try using a proxy to enter the game? This fix will work on Neverwinter and Champions Online as well as Star Trek Online.

To use the Cryptic Proxy for patching:

1. Start the game client.
    2. Click on the Options button at the top of the launcher screen and change the Proxy drop down to EU or US.

NOTE: For EU, add this text on the command line without the ("") "-SetProxy eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80" or "-SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80"

3. Check the Patch via Proxy option, the game will now use the Proxy you set to patch the game.
    4. Enter your username and password.
    5. Let the game patch if needed.
    6. Click Play!"

Support has been pretty damned quick on this and so on. They might ask you to do a tracer IP scan as well.

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
    edited August 2014
    well CO is in maintenance atm but ill try that. Luckily im in EU :3 but all in all i doubt it would fix it.
    edited August 2014
    well Co Is In Maintenance Atm But Ill Try That. Luckily Im In Eu :3 But All In All I Doubt It Would Fix It.

What The Hell ?! It Actually Worked
    edited August 2014
    coneuronia wrote: »
    I had a similar issue and though it's bad this morning, it mostly got resolved with the following advice from PWE Support:

"- First, shut down your PC, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on.
    - Next, run the game launcher, click Options
    - Check 'Force verify' and 'Safe Mode'
    - Click Save
    - Kindly wait for it to complete as it will take some time."

Then:

"Thank you for the information. I understand that you are trying to connect from Canada but can you try using a proxy to enter the game? This fix will work on Neverwinter and Champions Online as well as Star Trek Online.

To use the Cryptic Proxy for patching:

1. Start the game client.
    2. Click on the Options button at the top of the launcher screen and change the Proxy drop down to EU or US.

NOTE: For EU, add this text on the command line without the ("") "-SetProxy eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80" or "-SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80"

3. Check the Patch via Proxy option, the game will now use the Proxy you set to patch the game.
    4. Enter your username and password.
    5. Let the game patch if needed.
    6. Click Play!"

Support has been pretty damned quick on this and so on. They might ask you to do a tracer IP scan as well.

Ty so mutch ! it actually worked! now i can play CO liek a normal person ty so mutch!
  • tsariastsarias Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    this problem has reared its ugly head once again and is affecting lots of people.

im not connecting from another coutnry at all and not using proxy servers : /
  • deadhieldeadhiel Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is crazy..... every damn time I zone or change maps im getting SNR and I honestly don't want to use a proxy server in EU as im playing from Oz...

Fail