test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post Patriotic Costumes here

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
Now that The Big 4th of July, Costume Contest is over, I would really like to see as many of those Patriotic costume as you guys made as possible. Not just the prize winners or just the USA heroes but ALL of the patriots from the world over.

Made a thread like this last year and it seemed like it was pretty popular. So post up when ever you get a chance.

I made a few of my own for the A Costume a Day 2014 thread and I'm sure that I'll post links to those here before long.

I've got a few ideas for some other less talked about nations in mind. Micronesia needs a hero and maybe Iceland as well. :smile:
-
ZedBlock-200.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll start off with a few of mine.

The Ultimate American

theamerican.jpg

Cold Glory

coldglory.jpg

Freedom Fox

freedomfox.jpg

Cluckin' A

cluckina.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ok this one was a joke created as a pun,it's a RP character
    Stripes and stars - that's tabby stripes
    Costume_CloudsatDawn_Stripesandstars_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_457827208_zps9ccb2ebb.jpg
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Captain Americlown:

CaptainAmericlown_zpsae007236.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feathered Founder of Freedom

Costume_Serpine__FeatheredFounderOfFreedom_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_457872920.jpg
  • Options
    necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This was my winning submission to the Patriot Acts cc.

FZp7hOV.jpg?1
  • Options
    oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I passed out while reading a book and missed the CC, but had I been there, I would have definitely shown up with Liberty Star. Here's a screenshot of him in action:

4MITdkv.jpg
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This was my winning submission to the Patriot Acts cc.

FZp7hOV.jpg?1

This for sure was my favorite!
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Winner of an Honorable Mention, this was my entry in the Branch of the U.S. Military category:

Medal of Honor
    U.S. Army

I am an avatar of the goddess Minerva whom you honor by depicting my image on the U.S. Army Medal of Honor. On this day celebrating the birth of your nation, I return the honor by donning the dress uniform and wielding the ceremonial sword of the brave men and women of the United States Army.

This medal, which is awarded only to those recognized to have made or are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, is also represented by 13 white stars across a light blue field with gold trim. Thus, the shield I carry is to honor those who have fallen in battle unrecognized for I have borne witness to their heroic sacrifices.

May your Gods join me in blessing all these brave warriors. Happy Fourth of July.

MedalofHonor_zpsa0a881bf.png
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stll trying to work out his background, but so far he's a superstrong, durable, flying type who has access to a special energy field that many US patriotic heroes can access.....the Force of July (kinda like DC's Speed Force or the Hercules Force that exists in Champions PnP).

The Homelander

Silver-Age
    screenshot_2014-07-05-23-44-45.jpg

Golden-Age
    screenshot_2014-07-06-16-56-38.jpg

The Spirit of America (when he is completely channeling the Force of July)
    screenshot_2014-07-06-18-16-54.jpg

P.S. Necra....I totally love U.S. Victory !
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @themightyzenith

How did you get the semi-transparent/electric sound effect?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Unleashed Patriot was an idea a got back in the dead of winter of this year. Below is a cap of just one of the things I created for the UP concept.
    -
    UnleashedPatriot-FlagSpeed-002.jpg
    -
    The words "American Jedi" popped into my head one night when I was trying to come up with new costume ideas for ACAD 2014. Eventually it lead to a name more appropriate for CO.

Here's a link back to the ACAD with one of the others.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Here is my latest version of an Unleashed Patriot.
    -
    UnleashedPatriot-003.jpg
    -
    If someone can show me how to make those pants red and white stripes, then I think I would really have something. :smile:
    -
    Edit - I just realized, that I took that cap before I changed those pants for all navy with stars version, my last version.
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Unleashed+Patriot+III+-2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_457256932.jpg
    -
    Maybe I should change that cap? Tomorrow. Too tired to do it now. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @themightyzenith

How did you get the semi-transparent/electric sound effect?

Heya man....I was using the Humidity Dome device (although I could do without the sound effect). I have added an image of The Homelander using it to my earlier post....with the addition of a sparkle aura and the stormbringer aura.
    If someone can show me how to make those pants red and white stripes, then I think I would really have something. :smile:

The pattern you are looking for is 'Fantasy' from the Dark Ages Fantasy costume set.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Finnish.
    fef614c1-8d53-441b-9408-3f225eb0d561_zps08f0c399.jpg
    93c8b4df-cc4c-4167-ac60-761d194e04a6_zps4d4c6e93.jpg

Oooh yea! Wearing the Flag of Finland! How many can do the same, of their countries ofcourse? oh yea, Sweds... And England.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is another patriotic costume.:smile:

O3Pvpfe.jpg?1

My Lady Liberty.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Here is another patriotic costume.:smile:

O3Pvpfe.jpg?1

My Lady Liberty.

Nice one man, I'm jealous of your mad skillz :eek:

In-case you have never seen her, I thought you might like to see Lady Liberty from DC Comics....

Lady_Liberty_V_02.jpg

I've always loved that look.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Liberty lives for ever!
    6b9aea01-5180-4155-8258-d587c38d43d9_zps2fdf0f8a.jpg
    As undead. Liberty of the Dead.

Extreeem closeup! Whooooaah!
    7b9cab87-21c2-4504-96a3-fdeb6b718336_zps26cf5d6b.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Simple but effective and really nicely done Finn.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I like the second Finnish costume better.

Pursuant to an errant thought during the PA CC, this is my latest design for Captain North America:
    CaptainNorthAmericaredesign_zps59ae6f50.png

The green continues onto his boots, in keeping with the Mexican flag and its red, white, and green banner.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well I had suggested Luchador tights for Captain North America for his mexican portion and was poo-pooed ;D

So here is potentially Captain North America II

CaptainNorthAmericaII_zpsa01cc7b0.jpg~original

To keep more on topic I was on hand at CC as Liberty

Liath_Liberty_ModernSleek2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, it wasn't a "pooh-pooh" so much as, "Yo no tengo Luchador gear". One does what one can with what one has, yes?

That being said, names are made unique by the @handle, so feel free to bring your Captain North America into the mix as well. Maybe someone will even figure out how to do his compadres, Captain Central America and Captain South America!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Just a quick FYI about why the SoL is green.
    -
    statue_of_liberty%5B1%5D.jpg
    -
    I guess a copper colored zombie would not make as much sense, would it?
    -
    Edit - I just remembered how they handled the SoL in Doctor Who.
    -
    doctor-who-angels-take-manhattan-liberty1.png
    -
    Mean while, in the Ghost Buster movie, she helped to fight against evil.
    -
    GB2.gif
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I like the second Finnish costume better.

Pursuant to an errant thought during the PA CC, this is my latest design for Captain North America:
    CaptainNorthAmericaredesign_zps59ae6f50.png

The green continues onto his boots, in keeping with the Mexican flag and its red, white, and green banner.

Really like how this came out. You should do some more, do like: UK / France / Germany
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So, I couldn't let a patriotic toon thread go by without posting by main toon, Britannia. I'm always making slight changes to her outfits. She's a pinch of Wonder Woman, a soup
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    An experiment. To get away from the red and white.

DraxFormal.jpg
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, I couldn't let a patriotic toon thread go by without posting by main toon, Britannia. I'm always making slight changes to her outfits. She's a pinch of Wonder Woman, a soup
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    skaargoroh wrote: »
    Awesome backstory! But funny thing, though, Fantomask is actually inspired by by a mixture of Black Canary and, of course, Psylocke. :wink:

Really? That's cool. I love Fantomask's look, but always imagined she was based on the female Kato, partner of the Green Hornet II from Dynamite Comics (which I thoroughly recommend, btw).....

kato.jpg

P.S. TY for the compliment regarding her backstory.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's Liberty Lass....and for the first time I've noticed that her legs look way too long. Oh well, back to the tailor! :)

LibertyLass2_zps74783fec.jpg
    LibertyLass_zps83eee1f1.jpg

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

edited July 2014
    Really? That's cool. I love Fantomask's look, but always imagined she was based on the female Kato, partner of the Green Hornet II from Dynamite Comics (which I thoroughly recommend, btw).....

kato.jpg

P.S. TY for the compliment regarding her backstory.

No problem! :smile: And ya know - I actually watched the old Green Hornet series later when I respected her from a Might to a Martial Arts build. Then I found out about Mulan Kato, the female Kato. Funny how the world works sometimes. :biggrin: But oh well, I might look the series up and read them. :smile:
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
  • Options
    agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Here's Liberty Lass....and for the first time I've noticed that her legs look way too long. Oh well, back to the tailor! :)"

Lol, dont change it till after I post your Pin-up or I'll look like I don't know a leggy dame when I see one. :biggrin:
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Here's Liberty Lass....and for the first time I've noticed that her legs look way too long. Oh well, back to the tailor! :)"

Lol, dont change it till after I post your Pin-up or I'll look like I don't know a leggy dame when I see one. :biggrin:

It's a deal! :D

And thanks again, I'm really looking forward to the results!

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Sure thing it's up now, and your totally welcome.
    AC
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    After being too jealous of Britannia, I decided to create my own Brittish superhero - Union Jackal.

sJ9G6pw.png

Long story short: Jonathan Capricorn managed to falsify his documentations to join the Brittish Royal Air Force during World War II, got captured and was supposedly to turn into a German Super-Soldier as they had the brilliant plan of using the Allied forces against themselves. A small SAS team were disguised as scientists and soldiers and managed to save him and sent him home again. There, the SAS Command was so impressed by his physical condition and agility so they trained him.

Later he returned to the battlefield along with other allied Superheroes and managed to track down the Lead Scientist, Kriegs
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    skaargoroh wrote: »
    After being too jealous of Britannia, I decided to create my own Brittish superhero - Union Jackal.

sJ9G6pw.png

Long story short: Jonathan Capricorn managed to falsify his documentations to join the Brittish Royal Air Force during World War II, got captured and was supposedly to turn into a German Super-Soldier as they had the brilliant plan of using the Allied forces against themselves. A small SAS team were disguised as scientists and soldiers and managed to save him and sent him home again. There, the SAS Command was so impressed by his physical condition and agility so they trained him.

Later he returned to the battlefield along with other allied Superheroes and managed to track down the Lead Scientist, Kriegs
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nice one! BritFist.png

Cheers, Zenith! :cool:

Also, I updated his look a bit.

2wmdoud.png

I gave him a more practical look regarding the shoulder pads, removed the knifes and added also more practical bracers. Sure, he may use one when he fights up close but that's for a more detailed explanation on how he fights. Plus, I enhanced the brightness of his eyes. The idea it will show that he has been genetically modified. Oh, and even though it doesn't show on the picture - I changed the boots from Armor Sleek to Armor Combat. Thoughts or inputs, anyone?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hey. So I created this thread. Any chance it'll be resurrected to show some new heroes sporting their fancy, shmancy patriotic Flight Powers?

Or am I just going to see zombified superheroes posting here?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    Constable Cold hasn't made it off PTS yet (too many other chars on the go) but here he is with his new flight

constablecold_zpsmf1bhqtn.jpg~original
    ​​
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    This is The Purple Heart. He is an American Hero...but he doesn't always walk away from injuries. I have serveral stages of injuries but here is his young look and his current.

Champions%20Online_2015-07-09_23-40-11.jpg

Champions%20Online_2015-07-09_23-39-37.jpg

Champions%20Online_2015-07-09_23-41-34.jpg

Champions%20Online_2015-07-09_23-42-02.jpg
  • Options
    maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    Samantha3_zpsdq2hc6fr.jpg

This is Samantha, or, as she's more commonly known, Auntie Sam. As you can see, her costume has 7 red stripes, just like the US flag. And it also has 4 white stripes, just li… what happened to New Hampshire and Delaware?

Smantha2_zpspfn9u4q5.jpg

This is the Spangler. Can you guess what it spangles people with? That's right, puncture wounds! Can you guess who she uses it on? That's right, anyone who gets on her bad side!
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Coming in a little late, but here is Patriot Tank

2015-07-22_00002.jpg

And here is one of my main characters, Arachnid, in his patriotic costume

2015-07-22_00003.jpg
  • Options
    Alba (one of my scottish heroes) has had several looks over the years mostly themed around her home country

albacostumes_zpsk4nuwwhr.jpg~original
    ​​
  • Options
    cheelanghocheelangho Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, mine are not patriotic characters as main concept goes, but these are the closest i've ever come to one... maybe i'll think of something more representative of my country, Mexico, but in the meantime here's El Super Chile and Brazo de Bronce
    4d7985c23d3f58904f00b68df40c7d301386127403.jpg

A mutant result of a failed VIPER experiment, El Super Chile (The Super Pepper) defends the innocent with his pyrokinetic powers

5cc673bafe2e947a91321ac914f31d8f1437888580.jpg

A former Lucha Libre star, Brazo de Bronce (Bronze Arm) was badly injured and lost his right arm, leg and eye, while trying to rescue the people at the arena he was presenting at from a supervillain attack. During his recovery at the hospital, he was visited by De Frizac Foundation members that after witnessing his heroism at the arena, offered him to rebuild his body with cybernetic implants and become a superhero, so he could prevent more tragedies and bring evildoers to justice
    SIGNATURE.