test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear people who thought putting discounts on FF slots now is a good idea.

wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
Thank you for choosing a time where by the time I get access to the funds by Paypal, the price for your FF slot will turn back to normal. Yes, I am sure that I will benefit greatly from it.
Post edited by wrathsoul1 on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yea. They're out to get ye, dude!
    And on that note, off to buy few Account Costume Slots!

And if someone missed that, here:http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/champions-online/detail/5006233-freeform-slot-sale
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bah, i shouldn't have bought all those keys for a retcon... T_T
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    Thank you for choosing a time where by the time I get access to the funds by Paypal, the price for your FF slot will turn back to normal. Yes, I am sure that I will benefit greatly from it.

This always happens to someone :|
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seems like a good time to chuck all of my zen on the exchange. I figured they'd do the sale during the 4th of July. There's always the Christmas sale.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Its called first world problems. EXAMPLE! A few weeks ago I seen a limited edtion Wii U the one with Waker Waker built in BRAND NEW FOR £70 in a random shop. I ran to the nearest ATM got the money out. Got back to the shop and in the space of 5 minutes it was SOLD AND GONE! I dealt with it, moved on.

The point is not really Perfect Worlds fault you cant get one right now.

*in before Smack says but you have Wind Waker and a Wii U. I wanted it CAUSE REASONS!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Its called first world problems. EXAMPLE! A few weeks ago I seen a limited edtion Wii U the one with Waker Waker built in BRAND NEW FOR £70 in a random shop. I ran to the nearest ATM got the money out. Got back to the shop and in the space of 5 minutes it was SOLD AND GONE! I dealt with it, moved on.

The point is not really Perfect Worlds fault you cant get one right now.

*in before Smack says but you have Wind Waker and a Wii U. I wanted it CAUSE REASONS!

But you don't have Waker Waker.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2014
    Looks like Cryptic personally hates you. What did you do to them, you naughty boy? :biggrin:
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here, this is for you:

tin-foil-hat.jpg
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You are saving yourself $25, don't worry about it.
    You can get three games on Steam for that or a month sub, with some medicine money left over.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Here, this is for you:

tin-foil-hat.jpg

You know what? It would be awesome if that was the second Gold Reward piece...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Looks like Cryptic personally hates you. What did you do to them, you naughty boy? :biggrin:

AFAIK, nothing, besides not playing it for, what, roughly a year?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wait--you are complaining about a game you haven't played in a year?!
    Good heavens!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    actually they do have a valid point, all the sales, you only get told a day before. So people will rush to get it but the ones who want it may not be able to.
    at least a weeks warning would be good.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Wait--you are complaining about a game you haven't played in a year?!
    Good heavens!

Which I happen to have resumed playing since this Tuesday.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't get how it's Cryptic's fault you don't have a stockpile of Zen saved up for rainy days or whatnot :x

If you'd been working towards a slot by gameplay and were halfway there or more already - not very hard to do if you've been saving since the last FF sale, that wouldn't be an issue at all.

If it's cashflow issues... I think a game is preeeetty far removed from the root of the problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I can see nobody is playing right now, due to how fast forum posts are being added. wonder if I should log in while its quiet and just sneak into a corner

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They want you to subscribe but they also want you to spend money on freeform slots. They want all your money right now. Having to wait to buy things through Paypal and the process of waiting for it to confirm the transfer isn't getting your money right now! They want it RIGHT now!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wraithsoul,
    shops open in an hour. I'll get you a PWE card, just enough for a slot. will send code to your forum mail

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    But you don't have Waker Waker.

My point has just been validated then.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    code sent, check your mail

• Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so um... where's my code? :rolleyes: :frown: :biggrin:
    edited May 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    code sent, check your mail

I confirm: I have the code. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I confirm: I have the code. Thanks. :)

Guess you will have to update your signature soon then :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    so um... where's my code? :rolleyes: :frown: :biggrin:

only had 1, :tongue:

• Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Let the over-reactions begin! :D
    A little late there, spinny - overreactions began back in the first post...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

And how! :eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    can I still have the foil hat, i'm collecting the foil set to go with the cardboard set.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9Gr8gAOoRHPTnXHdW0IjOPU7MJ-fs0S6mdOlip5Q8kWiKh6F67g

• Options
    edited May 2014
    The Tinfoil Surfer.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    can I still have the foil hat, i'm collecting the foil set to go with the cardboard set.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9Gr8gAOoRHPTnXHdW0IjOPU7MJ-fs0S6mdOlip5Q8kWiKh6F67g

Last time I was shot, I got a purple heart. Next time I want a purple lung. You see, eventually, I want to make an entire purple person... and we will be the best of friends.
    500px-Caboose_is_angry.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    but then you have to worry about purple people eaters, who only eat purple people.

• Options
    edited May 2014

FF slots are expensive Jon. You wouldn't know since you're a die-hard Archetyper... so yeah, people might display a minor amount of frustration like the OP did when they're guaranteed to miss a sale.

Nothing in the OP even hinted at a "conspiracy theorist" response being appropriate though.

Oh wait, let me guess, you're going to try to draw some sort of similarity between the OP and a school shooting now? :/
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nothing in the OP even hinted at a "conspiracy theorist" response being appropriate though.
    I quote the OP:
    That sure sounds like someone complaining that something is being deliberately timed to frak them up.

"Gee, I wish this were timed better for me" is someone annoyed because they have to miss out on a sale. "Gee, thanks for picking a time that I find inconvenient, so it won't benefit me, and to Hades with anyone else" is, well, a tad over the top.

And that last bit in your post was beneath even you, spinny. Your trolling is usually higher-quality than that.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited May 2014
    That sure sounds like someone complaining that something is being deliberately timed to frak them up.

Only if you interpret it that way. Don't blame others for your interpretations. I on the other hand interpreted it as someone venting a bit of frustration and suggesting, in a round-a-bout way, that the sales should last longer and/or be more frequent; I based this assumption on the rather laid back tone of the post. The post simply wasn't accusatory enough for me to glean any sort of "conspiracy theorist" flavor from it. It had sarcasm, sure... but that actually pushes it even further away from "conspiracy theorism"; conspiracy theorists generally don't spout their theories sarcastically.
    And that last bit in your post was beneath even you, spinny. Your trolling is usually higher-quality than that.

It's not trolling if I'm in fact directly referencing something you actually did; it's lasting disgust at the fact that you actually did that, so now I'll always view you in the light of that action.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Only if you interpret it that way. Don't blame others for your interpretations. I on the other hand interpreted it as someone venting a bit of frustration and suggesting, in a round-a-bout way, that the sales should last longer and/or be more frequent; I based this assumption on the rather laid back tone of the post. The post simply wasn't accusatory enough for me to glean any sort of "conspiracy theorist" flavor from it. It had sarcasm, sure... but that actually pushes it even further away from "conspiracy theorism"; conspiracy theorists generally don't spout their theories sarcastically.

Oh please, Jon is very much correct in pointing out the distinctions. The OP wrote his complaint in a manner where it looked like he was claiming that Cryptic was deliberately singling him out. That's the very epitome of a conspiracy theorist.

I make no apologies.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I get your point, but still. Way too much credit given.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    I get your point, but still. Way too much credit given.

Agreed, plus she's sunk to an all time low.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    regardless of whether they think that Cryptic has it in for them or not. They have a valid point.

we get no notice of when a sale is going to be, thats fine for the costumes but when it is something expensive like FF slots, which a lot of people would like to get. Then an advance warning of at least a week would be nice.

For something like a LTS sale(ok wishful thinking here) a months warning, since it very expensive and a lot of the players are adults working,armed forces duties, studying, family commitments or a combination.

any sale of expensive items should really have at least a weeks warning. Otherwise, its just, who has money that week or first one to the Q exchange.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    In all the years I have played PWE games, I have never seen a sale advertised before the day the sale begins. It's just not part of their business process - I am sure if you search through the various game forums the community managers will have answered with specific reasons why they dont - usually to prevent exchange price manipulation ahead of the sale.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh please, Jon is very much correct in pointing out the distinctions. The OP wrote his complaint in a manner where it looked like he was claiming that Cryptic was deliberately singling him out. That's the very epitome of a conspiracy theorist.

I make no apologies.

Except they didn't. You're just trying to justify your over-reaction by blaming your interpretation on them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Agreed, plus she's sunk to an all time low.

Yeah, Jon was at an all time high when he tried to draw a comparison between someone trolling in a video game and some guy shooting up a school. You might want to reconsider who you're defending.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Except they didn't.

Except they did.
    Thank you for choosing a time where by the time I get access to the funds by Paypal,
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, Jon was at an all time high when he tried to draw a comparison between someone trolling in a video game and some guy shooting up a school. You might want to reconsider who you're defending.

I always do. Your accusations are unjustified. You might want to reconsider your trolling.
    Except they did.

Yeah, they did...and blatantly
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Are you just hoping that anyone reading this didn't see what Jon actually said? Or is it a kind of "say it enough times and it'll stick" deal? Because anyone who read his original comments is going to recognize how badly you've taken them out of context, and then wonder what exactly it is you hope to gain by misrepresenting him so aggressively.

I, and others apparently, like to think the best of people, so I've settled on the answer: you're trolling. But that's the best case scenario!
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh wait, let me guess, you're going to try to draw some sort of similarity between the OP and a school shooting now? :/

I'm very interested to know how you came to that conclusion since I saw no mention of that comparison at all in this thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That was you, champ. That's the "low in trolling" to which I was referring.

Don't try to shove your personal issues off on me - I've got plenty of my own already.

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but few posters on these boards are as far from trolling and as well-mannered as Jon is.

You might look for a different target for your trolling, this time. This one will not do. :biggrin:
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Foxi has a point. It's text on the screen. Most communication is non-verbal, but we don't have ANY of those queues. How do you know OP is being sarcastic, paranoid, angry? You can't hear what she's saying. You can't see her body language. It is hard to articulate non-verbal queues into text without it being a story.

OP also has a point. She can only use Pay-Pal to pay for stuff but won't be able to due to transaction times. How many other people are having this exact problem? Not everyone has a choice in how they give games their money. They want to throw money at Cryptic but instead have to opt-out due to something stupid. I guess it's the OP's fault for not being psychic.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    No, it's just bad luck.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I don't think I have ever had to wait more than a couple of minutes for paypal funds to be transferred - where is this waiting time for funds coming from?
This discussion has been closed.