I have no idea what to do.

Help.

:confused:
Post edited by xcaligax on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Breed them and train them into a mighty, unstoppable army that will conquer the world.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hear they're a delicacy in Peru...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Find out how to get the male neutered. That's why our local pet store only sells female guinea pigs.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Google can be your friend, despite its habit of spying on you for the government.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First go D'awwwww and then follow kojirohellfire's link while I go grumble about the fact that I don't have any guinea pigs ><
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Breed them and train them into a mighty, unstoppable army that will conquer the world.

the assault will begin.. in canada
    Guinea_Pig_Snow_Soldier_2_by_Skihaas1.jpg
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's already begun...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=54058&d=1363912589
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, Here is the father, who i've agreed with my significant other that I would keep at my place.

His name is George. He shall have the protection of Caliga.

Caliga_Pig.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Look at that face of unhidden guilt with no remorse..It's just screams at you: 'YEA, I DID IT!! WATCHA GONNA DO ABOOT IT, DOOD!! EH? AND IF YOU GONNA SNIPSNIP MY JUNK, I'LL KILL YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP!!'
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For the love of god keep the children separate from the parents. My little brother once had Guinea pigs and they in-breed and had deformed babies.

Also... ummm, congrats? :)
  • Options
    artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Get a boa constrictor?
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These are the one small critter that actually hates me. So I can't help you.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Look at that face of unhidden guilt with no remorse..It's just screams at you: 'YEA, I DID IT!! WATCHA GONNA DO ABOOT IT, DOOD!! EH? AND IF YOU GONNA SNIPSNIP MY JUNK, I'LL KILL YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP!!'

Yeah, my cat Bowie had that same look when he got the other, Ewok, pregnant.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Well, Here is the father, who i've agreed with my significant other that I would keep at my place.

His name is George. He shall have the protection of Caliga.

Caliga_Pig.jpg

Hes a shifty looking ba$%£"* isnt he.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Alright heres some info i grabbed from a site:

Resources:
    http://animals.pawnation.com/male-guinea-pigs-need-separated-piglets-9949.html

Guinea pigs after birth:

-Make sure to keep the father away from the litter and the female as they tend to interbreed

"Male guinea pigs can impregnate the females quickly after their litters emerge, sometimes in merely 12 hours."

-You may allow the female guinea pig to be with her offspring as she can help raise them.

"Guinea pigs mothers do not need help from the fathers in looking after their juveniles."
    -Baby guinea pigs start nursing in 24 hours, and eat solid foods at three days as mom shows them how. They will need to nurse for at least three weeks no matter what. During this time, the mother guinea pig does a lot of other things for her baby guinea pigs. She stimulates them to urinate and defecate by cleaning their bottoms periodically throughout the day. She has to do this for at least three weeks. The mother is also producing a softer stool for the babies to consume so that they have the proper bacteria in their digestive systems. So being with the mother guinea pig for three weeks is very important.

"Male guinea pigs should be separated from their pups, at least for most of the time, simply because the little ones have to be with their mothers. Newborn guinea pigs can meet their fathers, but only if their mothers aren't around. Don't allow female pups to encounter their dads once they're 21 days old, however. At this point, the fathers can get them pregnant, which also can be extremely hazardous to young female cavies' bodies."

-So the female and the male will need to be in seperate enclosures.

Im pretty sure thats all you need to know for post-birth for these one. iThe red text is what is quoted off the site.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Alright heres some info i grabbed from a site:

And now I despise an animal. Thanks!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All kidding aside, you need to speak to your Veterinarian. If you do not have one, find one soon and have a talk.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And now I despise an animal. Thanks!

They aren't all that bad, but i guess opinions are opinions heh. I would honestly love to have a pet but hence i dont have any for a few reasons.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    They aren't all that bad, but i guess opinions are opinions heh. I would honestly love to have a pet but hence i dont have any for a few reasons.

Eh, Guinea Pigs and I don't get along. They're like, the ONE animal. I mean, I have a 'wild' rabbit that hangs out around my apartment and he'll come within like 4 feet of me and chill on the porch while I sit there. I feed him, so he's kinda gotten used to me. Won't let me touch him.

But for the life of me, I can't get a Guinea Pig to give me the time of day.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    That's how you do it:

520px-A_Meat_Mincer.jpg

Hope I helped. :biggrin:
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. Get the MALE fixed. It's an outside the body operation so costs less than getting the female done.

2.Guinea pigs are as bad as rabbits for breeding, we had a shed full. That was the floor.

3. start talking to local pet shops about who will take them and how old. Don't worry about them buying them just remember ,number 2
    4. Never put an unsterilized pair together again.

5. check with a vet on best food for mother and babies while they are small.

6. keep an eye on the cleanliness of he cage while remembering that the babies are going to eat ****(there's a straight line if ever I saw one)
    Cybersoldier,
    rabbits have more brains than guinea pigs and are more explorers.
    Guinea pigs unless handled by you from a young age don't react well to being handled.
    Guinea pigs are more nervous(though one of ours was doing it's best to give one of our dogs a heart attack)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's how you do it:

520px-A_Meat_Mincer.jpg

Hope I helped. :biggrin:
    No, that's not the proper preparation at all. There are some suggestions here, though, if you're interested...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kill them.

Oh, I'm sure someone already offered that advice...

Teach them to smoke cigarettes.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    While this technology was developed for use with hamsters, I daresay you could employ it also with Guinea Pigs. Have fun!

tumblr_kw4kskfvXW1qazusmo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1397841066&Signature=Er29muLNe%2FysexqLSPPuuq5rG0I%3D#_=_