test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cheesy-poofs are the devil

luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
In the foxbat mission, the bowl of cheese-puffs on the table isn't a single object, each and every one of those cheese puffs is an individual physics object that will DESTROY your framerate if you use anything that affects physics objects in the general vicinity (which is a lot of melee powers, which you will pretty often be using near the bowl since you run up to him while he's on the couch.)

He just has to drop his seismic ping pong ball on that bowl and I'll go down to .2 fps for a good 45 seconds, and get spiked down occasionally after that while fighting (if he hasn't already murdered me during that framerate-smokebomb)

Only happens on settings higher than the one that allows physics objects, which I think is the second notch or better.
two lines of plain text
the best kind of signature
Post edited by luesatchmo402 on

Comments

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    that explains why on Rook my munitions toon, i took him down fast and smooth with 2gm yet on Crimson Fury a blades melee char i was playing a slideshow.

thanks for the explanation. hopefully cryptic wont make the same mistake again and can fix it quickly for this year or at least next year
  • Options
    smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Phew. I thought it was just my compupu.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    How this thing even went through testing?

This kind of FPS problems is long known issue with CO graphic engine (debris from some earth and force powers).
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had this, but also a problem where after being defeated once, I couldn't target Foxbat with my energy builder.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How this thing even went through testing?

This kind of FPS problems is long known issue with CO graphic engine (debris from some earth and force powers).

Those powers aren't the worst. By far, Telekinetic Maelstrom generates the most particle effects, to the point that using it while next to a wall will generate a pretty severe FPS drop.

But as for this, shoulda just made it a single static object.
    That or do something amusing like having it spurt out unrealistic particles of cheese puffs when attacks are nearby it, instead of making the actual puffs in the bowl become physics objects.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))