Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20131024.1 PTS Update

123457»

Comments

• Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Err, Beldin, you know that its been pointed out, multiple times, that Justice gear is roughly equal to, and partially inferior to Legion gear, right?

Its much better than Heroic at least, and Heroic is the best non-P2W gear you can get via normal playing the game, so that is what i compare it to.

Later when i'm done with work i can maybe post a screenshot of the stats of a character of mine on PTS with his normal Heroic Gear and with Justice, and then you will see the difference.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    Its much better than Heroic at least, and Heroic is the best non-P2W gear you can get via normal playing the game, so that is what i compare it to.

Later when i'm done with work i can maybe post a screenshot of the stats of a character of mine on PTS with his normal Heroic Gear and with Justice, and then you will see the difference.

P2W...Err, P2W what?

Legion gear removes the baked in stat for another slotted option. Possibly worse, possibly better. Legion Utility seems bugged in that aspect though as the baked in stat isn't removed. If Legion gear worked like most of its pieces do, it's not better then Heroic gear without effort and knowing how to build.

And I'm well aware of the differences capable.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    actually a gearless model would have made this whole nerf unnecessary. we could have had other things to work towards/farm for other ways we would have to work to gain our power.

A gearless model would have likely led to needing to unlock powers the same way you farm for travel powers right now.

OT: Not sure whether the additional nerf on Dodge after the initial one was necessary. Major kudos for automatically unlocking all veteran rewards for LTS subs. Now all we need is an LTS sale :P
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gear/mods are important in regards to what you can do in this game the same way that air is important in regards to your ability to stay alive.

Yes, you must breath air to live.... but it's literally the easiest thing to acquire.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Err, Beldin, you know that its been pointed out, multiple times, that Justice gear is roughly equal to, and partially inferior to Legion gear, right?

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3701231&postcount=9
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Beldin that link says it's comparing Justice to Heroic (a tier lower than Legion) but Monsta mentioned Legion vs. Justice. I'm missing something here.

And it also says one is using R7 mods and one is using R5s. What exactly are you trying to show here?
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    not powers, what I was thinking of was a secondary specialization tree where you spend points earned by completing missions and stuff. missions could award points towards unlocking these stat boosts.

This sounds like AA (Alternative Advancement) which is how some MMOs do to give level capped players another way to advance their characters. It's something Cryptic already has done (quite well) in Neverwinter and something that was probably toyed with during On Alert. Personally I like AA a lot because it gives vets something to do beyond grinding for better gear after hitting the cap, and is easily expandable without being too overpowering. However I don't think gearless models are ever good, I DO think gear should be less important in CO and there should be more importance in power selection and role choices.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Beldin that link says it's comparing Justice to Heroic (a tier lower than Legion) but Monsta mentioned Legion vs. Justice. I'm missing something here.

And it also says one is using R7 mods and one is using R5s. What exactly are you trying to show here?

That Heroic gear is not as good as Legion gear...? Wait that was already established.... Or maybe that Mercenary gear is really powerful! Wait... I don't....

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU DIRTY CASUAL! :mad: :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Other people also say Legion is not better or worse than Heroic. So if thats true Justice is also not better than Heroic.
    And i also postet at least the number from the Superstats that i would have with R5 Mods, and they are still clearly better, also Dodge is of course a lot better.

I'm just not in the mood to make that all again with Justice and T5 mods, but still for me that shows already that it is indeed quite better.

Of course other people are welcome to do the same with T5 mods if they want to show that there is no difference.
    Also .. the first sentence is just missing "Heroic" i think .. "roughly equal to HEROIC" .. else the next "inferior to Legion" would make no sence
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    -Insert random spiel about stuff that doesn't matter-

Right, now that that is out of the way onto more interesting matters:

How the **** are the specializations calculated..So much more interesting than my previous subject anyway.

These all are after the classic +18%(Gear Utilization) +30%(Fortified Gear) +100%(The Best Defense) +20%(Aggressive Stance) +20%(Modified Gear).

Gear Defense = Defense after Spec Tree

19 = 36
    32 = 58.8
    39 = 71.9
    41 = 75.3
    53 = 98.1
    62 = 114.6

(X*1.48)*1.28)?(which is just x*1.76)

The only gear I equip is my primary defense. I have nothing else that influences offense or defense other than my primary defense.

Oh well, I won't beat myself up over trying to understand the system.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tdits wrote: »
    In the order they came to me, my responses to this are:
    1. Justice Gear is not better than Legion Gear except situationally. So there is currently no evidence that they are nerfing dodge so that you'll buy the new gear. (If this changes then I'll probably join you in your outrage)
    2. Offense going multiplicative makes SS/Passive/Form damage bonuses more important and thus buffs all offensive passive users.
    3. Defensive toons are going to be squishier too, which means that they can start dialing the damage down a bit on high end team content.
    4. Block a little until the Tank grabs aggro. :tongue: (WARNING: this point is a joke and should not be taken seriously.)
    5. If you're a squishy AT with no heal, then you need a healer in team content anyway.
    6. ATs need to be seriously reworked (some less than others) regardless and these changes make it more likely that that'll happen.
    7. Gravitar already needs to be reworked so she doesn't often rapid cascade kill people who don't hold aggro. Since Tanks are going to be slightly squishier now, this is likely to happen after the new rampage goes up.
    8. I agree, maxed out gear with R9 mods shouldn't be the baseline. Although I can't imagine why a level 40 wouldn't have a full set of Heroic primaries with R5 mods after a few days. They are not hard to get. In fact, you almost have to go out of your way not to get them. Even if you took the vehicle mods from the special alert daily instead of the SCR (although why anyone would do that is beyond me).

So, can these changes end up going horribly, horribly wrong? Yes, but so far there hasn't been much evidence of it. If the latest reduction to dodge passives is too much then they'll probably take it half way to what it was before and then see if it fixes it. If the gear changes are too much then they can fix that too.

This next bit is not aimed at anyone in particular!

Rather than panicking, It would help more if the people who are worried that they won't be able to play after the changes would move the toons in question to PTS, regear them, and then get combat logs for the content that they are concerned about so that the changes can be balanced better on the low end.*

These changes aren't even tentatively scheduled for live yet. If you still see huge problems when the changes are being finalized? Then, and only then, should you panic.

*Many of the people worried are likely to be Silver players. It'd be better for everyone if we could use PTS (with only the same number and kind of slots that we have on live), but we currently cannot. If you are a Silver player then you might want to do something else for a bit to keep your mind off of things.

tumblr_mgw1kcCTaW1rfzfxho1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Heroic gear has higher base defense than legion gear

At least in an EGO / Warden / Vindicator Build i have more defense even with the lower base-defense from the items with Justice Gear now :
    http://beldin.be.funpic.de/CO/Justice01.jpg

Can't say of course what it is with Legion since i own no Legion and will surely don't buy it just for testing :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm just trying to figure out why people are flipping out over these changes? I mean I just made a Lightning Reflexes build over on the PTS using Unarmed Martial Arts and Darkness powers and guess what it survived the 5-Man Hard run through the Demon Danger Room...planning on punching Mega D in the shins next and see how well it stands up to it. I mean sure I had to have more situational awareness than I used to, but guess what that's how Dodging works...
  • Options
    pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be fair, the danger room stuff doesn't scale nearly as hard as legendaries or team-scaled instance stuff (like alerts). But yes my LR characters are able to solo the outdoor Halloween crypt bosses on PTS just fine.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pjz99 wrote: »
    To be fair, the danger room stuff doesn't scale nearly as hard as legendaries or team-scaled instance stuff (like alerts). But yes my LR characters are able to solo the outdoor Halloween crypt bosses on PTS just fine.

The Undead heroes are the worst enemies to test builds out on. Try Qwijibo, Teleiosaurus or even Whiteout on elite.
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    not powers, what I was thinking of was a secondary specialization tree where you spend points earned by completing missions and stuff. missions could award points towards unlocking these stat boosts.

Which is basically the same as gear. You complete missions, it awards you "points" until you get enough "points" to convert them into a better "point" or you go to the AH and purchase these "points" from other players or you can go to the ZEN store and purchase ways to make your "points" better.

The problem is not the gear. The problem is you see the gear as gear, when it's nothing more than exactly what you want with different wording.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    tumblr_mgw1kcCTaW1rfzfxho1_500.gif

This just made my morning.
    beldin wrote: »
    Also .. the first sentence is just missing "Heroic" i think .. "roughly equal to HEROIC" .. else the next "inferior to Legion" would make no sence

No, the sentence makes perfect sense because the Justice gear people are kvetching about (many who clearly haven't even so much as glanced at it themselves) is on par to Legion gear in some areas and flat out worse in others. In other words, it's situational and a toss up between the two based on the character's needs...as has been stated...and shown...repeatedly...
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This just made my morning.

No, the sentence makes perfect sense because the Justice gear people are kvetching about (many who clearly haven't even so much as glanced at it themselves) is on par to Legion gear in some areas and flat out worse in others. In other words, it's situational and a toss up between the two based on the character's needs...as has been stated...and shown...repeatedly...

That is not exactly true. For my toon using Justice gear makes him far more powerful.
    They might be situational but "flat out worse" that is an exaggeration.

A simple advantage Justice gear has is that if your PSS/SSS are CON or END or REC, those 25 bonus points will be felt quite a bit. For all the other stats they won't be felt that much. The ~140 bonus Offense from a full set is quite useful if you want to boost your defense (through specs).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nightr0d wrote: »
    That is not exactly true. For my toon using Justice gear makes him far more powerful.
    They might be situational but "flat out worse" that is an exaggeration.

A simple advantage Justice gear has is that if your PSS/SSS are CON or END or REC, those 25 bonus points will be felt quite a bit. For all the other stats they won't be felt that much. The ~140 bonus Offense from a full set is quite useful if you want to boost your defense (through specs).

Bolded the relevant parts. I have several of my 50+ toons tested where Justice gear is a flatout step back for them and some others that get a boost. Ergo, it's situational as I stated before. I'm not speculating.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ayonachan wrote: »
    -Insert random spiel about stuff that doesn't matter-

Right, now that that is out of the way onto more interesting matters:

How the **** are the specializations calculated..So much more interesting than my previous subject anyway.

These all are after the classic +18%(Gear Utilization) +30%(Fortified Gear) +100%(The Best Defense) +20%(Aggressive Stance) +20%(Modified Gear).

Gear Defense = Defense after Spec Tree

19 = 36
    32 = 58.8
    39 = 71.9
    41 = 75.3
    53 = 98.1
    62 = 114.6

(X*1.48)*1.28)?(which is just x*1.76)

The only gear I equip is my primary defense. I have nothing else that influences offense or defense other than my primary defense.

Oh well, I won't beat myself up over trying to understand the system.

Ok let's take your 62 defense. You get a 18% and a 30% bonus on your defense from items.
    That mens you are at:
    62*1.48 = 91.76 defense. Now 100% of your defense goes into offense:
    means you are at 91.76 offense. Now you get a 18% + 20% bonus on your offense from items. That means you have 91.76 offense. It did not come from an item.
    Now you get 20% of your offense in defense.
    91.76*0.2 = 18.352 This defense is increased by... nothing. Does not come from an item.
    But you get 100% of this defense as offense and 20% of that offense as defense.
    So your defense in the end is:
    91.76 +18.352+3.67+0.73+0.146 = 114.658
    I stopped at 0.146. I don't know how the game handles the decimals and at which point it cuts off.
    So the formula would be: X*1.48+ X*1.48*0.2 + X*1.48*0.2*0.2+X*1.48*0.2*0.2*0.2+...

Let's calculate some other values to check that:
    53*1.48=78.44
    78.44 + 15.69 + 3.14 +0.62 +0.13 = 98.02

41*1.48=60.68
    60.68+ 12.14 + 2.43 + 0.49 + 0.1 = 75.74

So far I would say it seems close enough to support my theory.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bolded the relevant parts. I have several of my 50+ toons tested where Justice gear is a flatout step back for them and some others that get a boost. Ergo, it's situational as I stated before. I'm not speculating.

I never actually tested the effectiveness of Justice Gear, what sort of situations were they better for?

And in what situations were they lacking?

Most of my builds are based around 1 or 2 powersets and have a specific set up to make them work, I was wondering if JUSTICE would actually improve it or not.

Legion works fine for me and I am grateful to have it, but if JUSTICE really is better in certain situations then I'd be thrilled to see what situations it actually works well in.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I know what I said you don't need to underline it. You claimed that Justice compared to Legions is the same or worse that's what YOU said. I agreed that it's situational or did you purposely not notice that.

What I disagreed with was the "flat out worse" which I have not seen happening. What cases are those where it's "flat out worse"?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I never actually tested the effectiveness of Justice Gear, what sort of situations were they better for?

Most of my builds are based around 1 or 2 powersets and have a specific set up to make them work, I was wondering if JUSTICE would actually improve it or not.

Legion works fine for me and I am grateful to have it, but if JUSTICE really is better in certain situations then I'd be thrilled to see what situations it actually works well in.

It's quite build dependent but there are some generally obvious benefits that come from Justice gear:

1. +25 to all SS (primary or secondary) which if you spread your points around other stats helps quite a bit.

2. For CON, END and REC +25 in each is a significant boost. Especially for CON and END since they are 1:1 and no diminishing returns.

3. A full set gives ~140 Offense which depending on your specs can be used to boost your defense and buff your offense even more (+x% more from gear kind of specs)

4. A side benefit from the +25 is that it boost directly your passive since they scale off off SS (with the exceptions of those like Defiance for which it's CON)

If you know how to take advantage of those bonuses they can make quite a difference. But it's build dependent and not "flat out worse" than Legions that is exaggerated.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nightr0d wrote: »
    What I disagreed with was the "flat out worse" which I have not seen happening. What cases are those where it's "flat out worse"?

You can take the time to test my builds (a variation of all of them is plainly posted for all to see) to see which ones are which and then see if you still disagree after having tested and seen it with your own eyes through your own testing. I think that'll be best so you won't have to take my word for it that I've already given once and I won't have to do more leg work for something you want...

Particularly since you don't seem to want to grasp that "flat out worse in some areas" means flat out worse for some characters which is a point you have agreed and disagreed with at the same time.

"I agree it's situational when it's better but disagree that it's ever flat out worse." Alllrighty then. Take care.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    Ok let's take your 62 defense. You get a 18% and a 30% bonus on your defense from items.
    That mens you are at:
    62*1.48 = 91.76 defense. Now 100% of your defense goes into offense:
    means you are at 91.76 offense. Now you get a 18% + 20% bonus on your offense from items. That means you have 91.76 offense. It did not come from an item.
    Now you get 20% of your offense in defense.
    91.76*0.2 = 18.352 This defense is increased by... nothing. Does not come from an item.
    But you get 100% of this defense as offense and 20% of that offense as defense.
    So your defense in the end is:
    91.76 +18.352+3.67+0.73+0.146 = 114.658
    I stopped at 0.146. I don't know how the game handles the decimals and at which point it cuts off.
    So the formula would be: X*1.48+ X*1.48*0.2 + X*1.48*0.2*0.2+X*1.48*0.2*0.2*0.2+...

Let's calculate some other values to check that:
    53*1.48=78.44
    78.44 + 15.69 + 3.14 +0.62 +0.13 = 98.02

41*1.48=60.68
    60.68+ 12.14 + 2.43 + 0.49 + 0.1 = 75.74

So far I would say it seems close enough to support my theory.

Due to the 100% Offense from Defense my Offense is exactly the same as my defense.

I think the game keeps it going but has a 'cap' on the number of times it will allow conversion...or it just keeps converting until it reaches decimals that have been removed from the system to allow some 'balance' without overloading the character sheet..

Then again...we have anomalies such as those damage buff drops that got turned into items somehow and cannot be used...also the set bonus from armadillo being turned into an item too.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Justice gear is a bit limited in its stats. So you do not get a +avoid or a +dodge primary defense there is only one that has dodge and avoidance at the same time.
    Here is a comparison.

Basically the Justice gear has more defense and higher base stats than legion but it offers less choice. there is also no primary defense with simple defense, only a combination of defense and hitpoints.
    So the conclusion would be: if the stats on justice gear work for you it is a nice upgrade. Also consider the set bonus is quite nice and the offense can give you defense if you took vindicator. 147 offense would mean 29.4 defense.

But in the end I think justice gear is an improvement for most people who use legion.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Due to the 100% Offense from Defense my Offense is exactly the same as my defense.
    Yes. In the end you offense is the same as your defense. If I was unclear with my explanation or you found some inconsistencies with my theory please let me know :)

I think the game keeps it going but has a 'cap' on the number of times it will allow conversion...or it just keeps converting until it reaches decimals that have been removed from the system to allow some 'balance' without overloading the character sheet..

It kind of makes me wonder how many server resources are used to constantly loop the gear of players. If you get tenacious it has to loop again every time you get hit.
    But since it is a simple formula it doesn't matter probably.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    It kind of makes me wonder how many server resources are used to constantly loop the gear of players. If you get tenacious it has to loop again every time you get hit.
    But since it is a simple formula it doesn't matter probably.

As simple as a bamboo wife being used as the main support beam over at the Frankenstein place. Don't worry, you SHOULDN'T get the reference....Because if you do...

Plus, multiple people going 'too fast' in jets caused problems for the server and that 'should' be simple by design. I am here and I am going there this quickly. Most of the problems 'should' be client-sided..you know loading in the new entities and such then sending and receiving information from the sever at what exists there...But they still nerfed jets because it caused alleged server problems.

Having people change their passive values too quickly and too often 'should' cause server problems..Unless passive values are handled client-side in which case I could just as easily edit them before I send them to the server with outside means and ill-intent.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    As simple as a bamboo wife being used as the main support beam over at the Frankenstein place. Don't worry, you SHOULDN'T get the reference....Because if you do...
    Good because I have no idea what you are talking about. Actually I had to google what a "bamboo wife" is. :tongue:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Good because I have no idea what you are talking about. Actually I had to google what a "bamboo wife" is. :tongue:

I hope your safe search was turned on..
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The first link was wikipedia and I did not look further.
    Considering your response I am now intrigued, scared and unsure if I should google it again :tongue:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    What an ironic page# to be discussing these things on...

Anyway, you more than likely won't find anything too erotic if you search for 'bamboo wife'(at least in the states).

Dutch(datchi) Wife(waifu) would provide 'juicier' results but I highly doubt you'd get any of the..'exciting' things...
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am LTS and I am not getting all the veteran rewards unlocked on the PTS

I still have 300 days to go for the 1000 days rewards, and they are def not getting unlocked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What an ironic page# to be discussing these things on...

Anyway, you more than likely won't find anything too erotic if you search for 'bamboo wife'(at least in the states).

Dutch(datchi) Wife(waifu) would provide 'juicier' results but I highly doubt you'd get any of the..'exciting' things...

Well yes I suppose this is the wrong place for such a conversation. I am not from the states by the way, I am from austria (not to be confused with australia).

Anyway, back on topic before an angry mob, I mean mod comes and torches us.

So... vet rewards for all lifetime subscribers. Yay! Looking forward to that :)

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    secksegai wrote: »
    I remembered because you complained.

I was running my FF tank Allie, and clearing rooms for everyone. You and the rest of the team were struggling just to get through the first big room. I was one person clearing 3 hallways, and you exclaimed I was inconsiderate. When I can clear that many, 4 people should be able to get through one room without too much trouble. I never have the guarantee of a tank in my pugs and always play accordingly.

That's why I remember. If I can do 3 times+ the work that 4 people struggle with, and someone still take the time to complain, I remember.

The second time was similar, but more being annoyed that you weren't really able to fulfill your support role. I think it was teammates not being strong enough to last long enough for you to support them, and me clearing most of the way.

>.-.>

I feel like an arse now. *covers face* I'm not normally irritable like that, just frustrating not being able to contribute well and thus makes me feel useless, especially being the only one that face plants. -.=.- I do not do well with Lag/being tired.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."