test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130824.10 PTS Preview Changes

15678911»

Comments

• ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh and btw the justice pieces grant a 25 bonus to stats if you wear two or more of em, that said R5 mods go from 55 to 82 on my test character. Glitch!?

No that is just how they have made Justice gear. The gear itself provides lesser bonus than legion's gear but adding mods in provides more bonus for their stat than they would otherwise.

For a better look at how high justice gear boosts mods I implore you to take a look at this.
  • wufflechanwufflechan Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The problem is being defensive is too easy, and provides too much. Being defensive atm is the only choice because you can still put out high dps comparable to offensive passives and -that- is fundamentally wrong.

This is true in both pve and pvp, and it's why you don't see offensive passives aside from quarry or NW used that much.
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ayonachan wrote: »
    No that is just how they have made Justice gear. The gear itself provides lesser bonus than legion's gear but adding mods in provides more bonus for their stat than they would otherwise.

For a better look at how high justice gear boosts mods I implore you to take a look at this.

Ooh, shiny! I can just imagine my PFF regen with that.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wufflechanwufflechan Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tdits wrote: »
    "Being unkillable would be nice", said the PFF Force tank.
    gradii wrote: »
    no. the problem is offensive is too hard. sure its possible to get equal levels of defense to a defensive passive, and perhaps that needs to be adressed but making defensive passives harder to work with will just screw defensive builds as well as how offensive ones are being screwed now.

LMAO keep thinking that kid, all this talk about getting equal levels of defense passive is absurd.

The only way to get 85%+ avoidance is with lightning reflexes. Dodge itself has always been easy to stack and that's not why people took LR.

Also even with AOPM you still cannot reach invul/defiance levels of mitigation. You can get -close- but you can't match them.

You however can match offensive passive bonuses quite easily, especially with how Bonus damage scales.

But like I said, keep thinking that offensive builds which literally sacrifice everything just to "hit hard" are fine. Here's a tip though, they're not.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ^
    exactly this.

Okay, now I'm starting to worry about you. You have stated your opposition, you have plenty of people in agreement, and yet you continue this filibuster like a T-2000.

Please, get some rest and try a sandwhich. Previous terminator models have learned to enjoy simple gratification. JOIN THEM.

Your opinion is valued, but sheesh we get it. Your position will not be abandoned if you want to take a short break.

Lastly-No I'm not teasing you as I'm often wont to do here, seriously I want you to have a break a nap and a sandwhich and then you should come back guns blazing tomorrow.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    smoked ham, swiss cheese or jarlsberg plus slices of star fruit. Your choice of bread
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Now, what's going to happen if LR, Quarry, WotW and all those other things are given proper numbers? Same goes with dodge rating.

Some of you keep forgetting this is on the PTS. Player Test Realm. Test.

I'll bold it so you can see it again.

Test.

Now, if it gets pushed to live in this state there will be an issue. Your precious snowflakes are safe for now. Here's some homework, though. Instead of statting dodge, stat for Con and + HP with gear we can get right now.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wufflechan wrote: »
    LMAO keep thinking that kid, all this talk about getting equal levels of defense passive is absurd.

The only way to get 85%+ avoidance is with lightning reflexes. Dodge itself has always been easy to stack and that's not why people took LR.

Also even with AOPM you still cannot reach invul/defiance levels of mitigation. You can get -close- but you can't match them.

You however can match offensive passive bonuses quite easily, especially with how Bonus damage scales.

But like I said, keep thinking that offensive builds which literally sacrifice everything just to "hit hard" are fine. Here's a tip though, they're not.

Mitigation is only part of your defense, health points, healing and cooldowns are a big part of you overall defense too. With the right build AOPM can get very very close to a build using a defensive passive, and probably even be better. This is not really a problem with AOPM itself, but more with certain powers (masterfull dodge), specs (juggernaut), stats (int and con, even without scaling with juggernaut and msa) and cooldown reduction being badly balanced.

Also with quarry, parry and thundering kicks or evasive maneuvers getting close or more then 100% dodge chance is pretty doable. That is a bit harder with lightning reflexes because of the strong DR on dodge rating. LR gets a higher avoidance of course, using LR and other avoidance bonuses you can get to 90%. But LR is just too much work, having to keep up all those buffs to be unkillable is not much fun in my opinion.

I very much agree about with glass canons being not fine. I think this is due too some of the hardest hitting powers in the game having a very low energy cost, and forms giving to much damage bonus.
    Really balancing that part of this game is almost impossible at this point, and would mess things up to much. But things can be improved quite a bit, like I said a few pages ago, lowering the damage bonus on form by 50% would do a lot of good. And I would prefer to have all powers and specs that scale with con to be changed. Constitution is good enough by itself, it doesn't need things like defiance, the juggernaut spec or the nimble mind advantage.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Now, what's going to happen if LR, Quarry, WotW and all those other things are given proper numbers? Same goes with dodge rating.

Some of you keep forgetting this is on the PTS. Player Test Realm. Test.

I'll bold it so you can see it again.

Test.

Now, if it gets pushed to live in this state there will be an issue. Your precious snowflakes are safe for now. Here's some homework, though. Instead of statting dodge, stat for Con and + HP with gear we can get right now.

I don't know Cheese, if we don't complain now; what then?

Once it goes to live then it would be 'Why didn't you complain when it was still on test?'

I mean I understood some nerfs > like say the Imbue change/nerf and the Legacy Device nerf, we all knew it was coming, almost everyone complained about them and how they were breaking the game..

Threads upon threads of 'em.

I really didn't see much hue and cry about dodge*.

I also didn't see a big bucket of complaints on how Offense isn't that useful either.

And no one can tell me I don't read the boards enough, people have to be getting sick of me now..

I mean I don't post RP content suggestion much any more {My head was getting dented].

But still..

I didn't see a big call for nerfing Dodge

*I mean there was the usual rant about how the game is too easy from the 'if it's easy it sucks' crowd.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    why does everyone use dodge? one reason is because so many powers work well with it.
    kill dodge and the best self heal in the game becomes crap, and many concepts are ruined.

^THIS is the exact reason why I had to ask for this...

NEW CLICK HEAL

This Heal applies a Heal Over Time effect on you(just like BCR.) The heal scales with your Offense or Defense Stat(much like Resurgence scales with CON), whichever is higher(Or Scales with CON if OFF/DEF scaling won't work for any reason.) Has very minimal FX(or None at all) so that it is able to work for a LARGE amount of Thematic Builds.

*Notes: Endorphin Rush might need to be removed from Enrage altogether, because this new Heal would basically replace it while allowing it to be much more forgiving towards build diversity.

My main is a Defiance/Tank Role/Electricity Projector. For an idea on the theme of this character, think Zeus(and no SHE isn't Zeus.) Her Superstats are CON/EGO/END. There are literally NO thematic Heals in game for this character. I had to add dodge into this build just so I could use BCR effectively, it's currently her only heal because the FX don't heavily take away from the theme.

With these changes I won't be able to use BCR any longer as stating Dodge will no longer be a very good option for this build. Removing Endorphin Rush from Enrage and transforming it into it's own Click Heal for OFF/DEF heavy builds will give builds like this one another option(as long as it doesn't have a heavily thematic FX to a particular set.)
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2013
    *Notes: Endorphin Rush might need to be removed from Enrage altogether, because this new Heal would basically replace it while allowing it to be much more forgiving towards build diversity.
    Endorphin Rush is the only health return available for both the Behemoth and the Devastator AT's. Unless they were given this new power as well, such change would screw those At's.