test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The WildCards! You've messed with the best - now play with the rest!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The Wildcards Sg and the Wild Cards series of novels (dating back to 1986) are not related in any fashion except a similar name.

With that said: I love the series of novels also :) Fortunato!, the Oddity, Cap'n Tripps! whoohoo.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Is vent compulsory? Im playing the game on my mac using bootcamp and the built in mic wont work in windows so i wouldnt be able to chat ( too cheap to buy a headset ).
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You had me at Sense of humor and casual.

I didn't plan to join a SG because of my irregularity of play and the usual SG drama. But if your SG in any way emulates Dao_Jones' attitude, count me in. I am @akinferno in game. Do I find you guys or do you find me?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey just had a flick through some of the posts and you guys sound pretty interesting. Im playing from England tho so if you dont mind me playing at ireggular times during the week then id love to join up.

My mate decided not to play at the last minute but I enjoy the game too much to drop it, I like to dabble in other games like a digital **** passing myself around the MMO`s and FPS games. Also when I can convince my wife that £200 on a 360 will benefit her then ill be all over xbox live, since im a ***** for Marvel Vs Capcom2!

Hmm I should probably be working but bleh what the boss cant see cant get me fired. You can contact me on @Cheggers i think thats how it works, if not ill try and stalk you in game.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok, so...

There I was, swinging around Millenium City last night, and something suddenly hit me...

...Ok, ok, so it was a wall. But as I stood there fighting the massive pile of mobs that I landed in after running stupidly into a wall while swinging, I began thinking...Ok, ok, so what I really started thinking was, Damn, I hope I survive this- I don't want to swing all the way back over to this remote effin' quest ring.

But I did survive...And eventually, through no fault of my own, after a bunch of other random adventures and mishaps, it finally occured to me that it was probably time to find a Supergroup that wouldn't mind me whacking into walls at inopportune moments.

Coming to this section of the forums and reading through some of the recruitment threads, Wildcards stands out as a place that I'd like to be. Of course, it could be the head injuries speaking again.

Give me a shout @Nameless_Lackey.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Y'all need to head over to the Unrepentant forums and put in your applications. Now, it ain't like most of those SG apps. You will understand when you look at it.

Link is in the first post (and I am way to friggin' lazy to put it here). Get over there now, because Lifetime memberships in WildCards is limited. :P
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sold...where do I sign?

Sense of humor is a must for me, as most of my toons are humorous and/or just downright strange.

-Doll Face
    @plastik23
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nemissary wrote:
    Y'all need to head over to the Unrepentant forums and put in your applications. Now, it ain't like most of those SG apps. You will understand when you look at it.

Link is in the first post (and I am way to friggin' lazy to put it here). Get over there now, because Lifetime memberships in WildCards is limited. :P

Do I get a free doll with the lifetime membership though?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nah but the guy posted above ya is Doll face, so I'm guessing you can have him. All in favor, say aye! :p
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nemissary wrote:
    Nah but the guy posted above ya is Doll face, so I'm guessing you can have him. All in favor, say aye! :p

Nay!

(no offense to Dollface meant, but he looks too close to a mime to be cuddle-able :p )
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    First test - y'all need to read the first page, and figure out "hmm... how can I - interested player that wants to join this supergroup - actually JOIN this supergroup?"

Pro tip: many people who posted in this thread figured it out. Be like them.

(Hint: I posted my @ name on the first page, along with our guild's website. These tools will aid you in your quest, my adventuresome fellows and fellowettes.)

I make this point because, y'know, if you can't figure out how to get yourself invited into the SG then we, uh... don't want you in the SG. ;)

Kisses!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The second test is, of course, the drinking contest...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I noticed you mentioned vent...is it required? I don't usually like to use it.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'd be down to join you guys, Claustrom@Slayne61. I just got the game yesterday though so I may have some noob questions :x
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I want to join.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Saboth wrote:

Required? No. However, much of our conversations take place in vent, and you may miss out on the experience somewhat without it. Additionally, I require anyone PvPing with me to be in vent to hear target calling and whatnot, and most of the other PvPers in the guild will do likewise.

However, we have many people who do not use vent, and our guild chat is anything but quiet, so I suspect you'll do fine.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    you guys are some of the coolest people on the forums and i'd love to be considered for the Wild Cards.

I'll definitely give you guys a shout in game when i get out of work.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Best. Internet. Promotional. Pamphlet. Ever.

GROG ME BARKEEP!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This sounds like the kind of thing I would be looking for...if there were any point to having a a team in this game.
    :(

I don't play anything else (probably until SWToR comes out) or I would try to join. I guess I still could, but this game is weird.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Looks like i want to join too...

Nice name, no requirements, good diversity of beer....

Trying to find ya in-game as soon its up again :rolleyes:

B.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ariel wrote:
    This sounds like the kind of thing I would be looking for...if there were any point to having a a team in this game.
    :(

I don't play anything else (probably until SWToR comes out) or I would try to join. I guess I still could, but this game is weird.
    Uh... thanks for the free bump, bro?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm bumping this.

For those who haven't read about this group, these guys are seriously funny. I had just filled out my application form.

Basically, if you have a brain, come check it out. Conversations are rated "R" on average.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oversight wrote:
    Conversations are rated "R" on average.

Rated "R" for RADICAL. Also possible RIGHTEOUS.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Saboth wrote:

Speaking as one of the inmates who enjoy this asylum, You'll enjoy this vent..
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dao_Jones wrote:
    Rated "R" for RADICAL. Also possible RIGHTEOUS.

Renegade, Rabid, Robust, Rugged... All words to describe Dao.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Morph31 wrote:
    Renegade, Rabid, Robust, Rugged... All words to describe Dao.

Leader kiss-up is mandatory, by the way. We all do it.:)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oversight wrote:
    I'm bumping this.

For those who haven't read about this group, these guys are seriously funny. I had just filled out my application form.

Basically, if you have a brain, come check it out. Conversations are rated "R" on average.

And if you don't have a brain come check it out anyway, that way we have more entertainment ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I heartly endorse this group and do so of my own free will

*gulp*
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I heard someone mention pie. I'm in.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Soul-Journ wrote:
    I heartly endorse this group and do so of my own free will

*gulp*

Your sig is the most hilarious one I've seen yet.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you Guys are still looking for more people i would like to Join your SG my guys Name in game is Dhamon
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    How old are you?

What are you wearing?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Soo....gender doesnt matter with those questions Dao?

:D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You guys take a married couple in their 30s with 3 kids? :)

if so, look for me in game. well, late tonight ET, i work 13.3 hour days.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Soul-Journ wrote:
    Soo....gender doesnt matter with those questions Dao?

:D

I'm not even entirely sure species matters to Dao ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "Have a seat, we serve anybody."
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wotcha

Just wondering what time zone/zones the cards operate in?

Cheers
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm in the Pacific time zone.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This looks like an aweseom guild I definately want to join. Who can I talk to ingame? If you run into me my toon is named Cybock
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You folks sound pretty awesome. I'm still in the process of downloading my game client but I'll try to get in touch with one of you soon.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hurrey wrote:
    Just wondering what time zone/zones the cards operate in?

We have a few people in Europe, a couple of Aussies, a guy in Brazil, a few of those shifty Canadians, and a lot of people all across the time zones within the states. Honestly, I have yet to log in between the hours of 9am PST through 2am PST and not see at least 10 people online, and it's usually more like 20-25 for most of the day. I think we have around 75 folks now, and still growing.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Me i am 34 years old my Hero is lvl 27

and for what i have on . That would be Shorts :D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dhamon wrote:
    and for what i have on . That would be Shorts :D
    You're going to need to sex up that answer quite a bit before we'll consider you.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tried applying, but I can't post there.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gotta register first. Or just look us up in game to get an invite to "test drive" us a bit.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you are wondering why a lot of the posts in here have something along the lines of "Dao is AWESOME!" It is because he has mind control. He uses it to make people laugh at his jokes, even when they aren't funny. Also, in WAR he used it to make me tank a boss mob on my marauder... Although I guess I should be thanking him for making me less of a wuss.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wow, this thread made me laugh. I think I may be contacting you in game very shortly..... don't mind the breath on my alcohol.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you are wondering why a lot of the posts in here have something along the lines of "Dao is AWESOME!" It is because he has mind control. He uses it to make people laugh at his jokes, even when they aren't funny. Also, in WAR he used it to make me tank a boss mob on my marauder... Although I guess I should be thanking him for making me less of a wuss.

We all go through a "toughening up" phase during induction into the WildCards. If you're lucky it'll involve scented candles. If you're not, well, lets just say its more businesslike. :eek:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lackluster wrote:
    We all go through a "toughening up" phase during induction into the WildCards. If you're lucky it'll involve scented candles. If you're not, well, lets just say its more businesslike. :eek:
    Oh, it'll always involve scented candles. The real question is in how they end up being used.

I'll leave that to your unsavory minds to ponder.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dao_Jones wrote:
    Oh, it'll always involve scented candles. The real question is in how they end up being used.

I'll leave that to your unsavory minds to ponder.

ALWAYS candles? You lied to me Howla! :mad: